AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PokéPartner : |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 2nged5x

|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 10:09 pm

Cedar glanced up at him as he spoke of not lying. It was Moegami who pointed out that Waka seemed like the shady type in the first place. She tried not to be amused by that fact.

"There are quite a few city folk here who don't have the best opinion on Waka," she pointed out in a teasing manner, "they call him an instigator."

She grinned up at Waka even as he seemed to pout and brush off her words. If anything, that was a lighter topic even if it was Waka's expense.

Cedar reached for a dumpling, rather glad that there was something here. While the places they ate at were nice, she didn't quite like getting stared at.

"So what will you do tomorrow then?" she finally asked after taking a bite, "keep following leads or the like?"

----[|X|]----

Oki sat back quietly, watching Mari as she explained her standpoint on the issue. She was patient when she spoke, something of an oddity. She'd been so brash before, it was a nice change of pace.

Derek didn't seem pleased with the answer, simply huffing again. When she asked him what he could do however, hesitance flickered over his face.

"I haven't done anything like that in years," he protested, "Nothing I'd do would come out good anyways."

Oki snorted slightly in response, shaking his head. The young man was stubborn and seemed to have all but given up on the matter long ago.

"That's no way to look at things," he pointed out, "if you go into anything thinking you will fail, then you already have."

Oki wasn't sure if his words would help any. Kushi's encouragements might have been a push in the right direction as well.

Despite him huffing once more, he finally took the parchment and a piece of charcoal. For a long moment, he looked hesitant again before he actually started to draw. Minutes ticked by slowly before he passed it over to Mari. Oki couldn't quite see what was on the parchment and left it to her.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 5:12 pm

Waka pouted but otherwise brushed aside the comments. It seemed no one here really trusted him, even the queen sometimes doubted him. Waka supposed that was the price to pay considering the way he acted and treated others.

"There are worse things," he mused in response.

When Cedar wondered about Waka's agenda for the next day Moegami's head lifted a little. The fire god had seated himself at the table, farther away from Waka and was munching on a dumpling as well. Moegami had looked like he'd be content sitting like this for awhile, looking sulky. Waka wondered what it was about Cedar's question that had caught his attention.

A dismissive wave of his hand followed as an answer. "But of course, ma chérie!"

Moegami snorted at that, shaking his head.
"What leads?"

"Ah, so you do not know yet," Waka said, reaching for another dumpling. There weren't many but there were enough for the three to at least be well off for awhile. "There are others much like yourself and little Cedar here who are gods without memory! Quite the problem this is, you see?"

"Just sounds like a pain in the ass to me," Moegami grumbled, biting into his dumpling.

----[x]----
It didn't escape Mari's notice when Itegami hesitated though when she held out a sheet of paper insistently he went at it, snatching up a piece of charcoal without any more prodding. The silence was almost palpable as Itegami took to sketching something or other out. Perhaps Oki and Kushi were more curious now then ever of him, it seemed like the idea that the gods might not like art was unbelievable to them.

When Itegami finished what he'd drawn he still took several seconds to actually hand it to Mari to inspect. The look on his face was enough to know that he was feeling self-conscious about whatever skill he may or may not have thought he had. Mari tried not to let it show that she noticed this.

The sketch was disproportional in places but it was easy to tell what he'd tried to draw well. The creature, some kind of demon or little cartoon devil, looked like something out of a video game or anime. Mari wondered if he'd drawn something from memory or created his own.

"I don't know what you're griping about, Ite, this is pretty good," Mari said finally, glancing at the younger boy, "it'd be better if you use the basics first though; you didn't lay out any framework. Look."

Mari took to another sheet of paper, laying it flat before the both of them and asked that Kushi hold still for a moment. Seconds later Mari had a rough sketch done of circles and lines that looked more akin to a bubble and stick man overlapping one another.

"It looks messy now but that's what paints are for later, too cover it all up. It'll give you the groundwork," Mari explained, wasting no time in darkening in new lines. She'd glance up at Kushi every so often to get the linework right.

"I never would have thought there'd be art lessons in my home," Kushi joked.
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 11:58 pm

Waka seemed to brush aside the comments though he pouted slightly as well. This wasn't unusual, he always showed that kind of reaction when he was ganged up on. Cedar reached out, tugging his sleeve lightly.

"No need to pout," she commented, "I'm only joking."

If anything, she was. Moegami might have had a different opinion about Waka all together. She couldn't say for sure. It wasn't as if she knew much of him.

"Then you did find something out there?" she asked after another moment, "You could have just said yes earlier."

She blinked at Moegami when he entered the conversation. Waka was quick to answer him, expressing the other gods again.

"I'm wondering if they're like us," she explained, "pulled from their homes or era's and placed here. I don't have any idea as to why though."

That was the question on her mind. What purpose did they serve? She couldn't begin to guess, knowing so little of these gods and legends in the first place.

----[|X|]----

Oki glanced between the pair of them. Mari had waited patiently and when she did get the drawing, she inspected it carefully. It seemed she had an eye for such things.

When she commented on it, Derek seemed surprised but what he heard. He shuffled in his seat again, huffing and glancing elsewhere.

"You must be crazy," he muttered.

Regardless of that, he was still attentive when Mari went to explain about 'framework' of sorts. Oki didn't ask what that meant, it wasn't as if he knew much of art.

Derek studied what she showed him carefully, tentatively taking what she had drawn on the page. He seemed to be really studying it.

"Honestly, I did not believe I'd be a witness to anything of the such either," Oki agreed with Kushi, "Mari, you seem to have a talent in guidance, it would seem."

"How'd you learn how to draw anyways?," Derek inquired a brief moment later.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:23 am

Waka stopped pouting only at Cedar's insistence thought he did so reluctantly. At the very least it had gotten some kind of a response from her. Sometimes people had a tendency to ignore him, something that particularly bothered him. Waka often made due to annoy them further if they tried that anymore.

The mention of what he'd be doing again tomorrow didn't bode well for Waka. Instead Cedar rounded on him, sounding annoyed and—whether intentionally or not—silently calling him a liar. He scoffed, a little irritated at this fact but he did his best not to let it ruffle his feathers too much.

"Who said I found anything?" Waka argued simply, "it's a logic game; one god without memories is odd in itself, non? Finding two with the same problem, however, is alarming, especially so in these times. It can be assumed the rest of the gods might be falling under the same condition if they haven't already."

It was silent after that explanation for a long stretch. Waka could see Moegami glancing between the two of them even as he took another dumpling for himself. It was looking as if no one was going to say anything further before Moegami was the one to do just that. Waka couldn't help but to notice that he had his mouth half full with food while he did this.

"So much for a quiet meal," he grumbled, perhaps more to himself than to the other pair.

Waka waved his hand dismissively about the conversation in a whole. They had no way of knowing what was going on here or even if the other gods had happened to come across this strange phenomenon yet. For the time being there was only speculation.

----[x]----
Mari could feel Oki and Kushi's gaze on them though she paid it little attention. The sketch of Kushi was a simple one, messy to boot, but it was merely for demonstration purposes. Yet again she wished there were pencils and pens in this era yet again but they'd have to make due with what they had. She wondered if Itegami would feel the same about that over time, if he picked the hobby back up.

Only when Itegami was busy studying the sketch did Kushi and Oki speak up, Oki directing his last statement to Mari. She blinked at him from across the fire, before she shook her head, smiling sheepishly.

"Ah, I'll take your word for it. I don't think I do," Mari mumbled, fussing with her hair as she did so, tucking her bangs behind her ears.

Itegami didn't allow that topic to carry on for long however. As if he wasn't even aware there was another topic going on between Mari and Oki he'd ask about her own drawing talent. For a minute she wasn't sure how to answer that, it wasn't like she'd ever admitted to Oki or anyone else in Wep'keer that she was from another time altogether much less another country...

After a few seconds she decided to tell the truth, she'd never been great at lying anyways except for the occasional white lie or bluff. Anything that needed extended retelling or acting to however left Mari feeling taxed. "From my big brother, he used to have a lot of sketch books that I liked to flip through when he'd let me."

"Brother? Do you mean one of the other gods?" Kushi wondered.

"Not exactly. It's complicated," Mari announced, "the short story version is that before all this 'god business' I guess I thought I was human... or something..."

It was the easiest answer she could give and though she wouldn't go into it now if Oki wanted to talk about it later then she'd answer as best that she could. It wasn't something that she wanted to do but she owed it to Oki at least.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 1:48 pm

Cedar didn't say much in terms of arguing against Waka's claim. She merely gave a brief hum in response. He appeared annoyed with her previous comment and she quickly quieted.

She wasn't sure if there was an awkwardness in the air or not. It might have just been her for all she knew. Cedar took another bite out of the dumpling, sparing a glance Moegami's way.

They were all in the dark about this. Troubling as it was, they could only wait and hope for answers.

"It's never really quiet," she finally said instead.

The meal was more or less enough. Cedar hadn't eaten all day given her search. She still didn't like the sound of that bottle. Still, if it had to be found, she would.

"Do you need any help tomorrow?" she finally asked Waka, a little glumly, "I'll do what I can if you do."

----[|X|]----

Oki blinked at Mari. She didn't give herself much credit if that was the case. He simply shook his head at that.

"You do not give yourself much credit," he pointed out, "Though, if that is what you believe. I think you are very helpful however."

He blinked a little at the mention of a brother. Mari had mentioned before that her home was far and that she was human before. This was an interesting piece if that was the case.

"Your brother must have been good then," Derek replied, "At least you had some kind of support."

Oki wasn't sure what Derek meant by that. His eyebrows furrowed though that wouldn't be seen. Eventually, Oki motioned toward him and asked, "what do you mean?"

He watched Derek shrug his shoulders before the young man even replied.
"My family didn't care for my habit of drawing," he answered,"that's all."

"I see," Oki replied, sparing a quick glance toward Mari. She seemed to know more about these things then he did.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 1:14 pm

It had grown oddly quiet for a time. Usually Waka took it upon himself to break that kind of silence but for now he merely waited. Perhaps this was odd to see for Cedar after always seeing him poking and prodding at other people, pushing their buttons when he had the chance. Still, that assumption had miffed him a little and he hadn't felt that he could let it go without a solid rebuttal for once.

His eyebrow rose as Moegami finally spoke up, Cedar answering soon after. She sounded as if she was unsure if she should even speak up now. Waka felt a twinge of guilt at that though didn't allow it to show.

"Ah, I'll have to make due not to keep things so silent tonight!" Waka promised cheekily, ignoring the sour look he got from Moegami for it. It was becoming clearer that Moegami preferred quieter places in just the few short hours Waka had come to know him.

Leaning back in his chair, Waka's gaze flickered to Cedar when she drove the conversation back to the one before this. It seemed she was intent on doing what she could even if she had no grasp of her powers. Waka had to wonder what it was that kept her from tapping into her full potential nowadays and why Moegami seemed to be at a more advanced stage than she was, however minor the difference was in reality.

"Ah, only if you don't mind running into a demon or two," Waka answered easily, tossing another dumpling Cedar's way and watching her fumble for it. "I was under the impression my little snake wasn't fond of the idea!"

Indeed it hadn't been one she favored and she'd argued against the idea for trying to unlock her potential by pitting her up against such things. Waka didn't want to push her too hard, a god with a lack of faith in him or her was weak, after all. In the time that they'd left on the Ark back to the heavens that faith had dwindled quite a bit. Having to work to build it back up was crucial and she and any other gods could be severely injured during that time...

"Wouldn't recommend that," Moegami grumbled.

----[x]----
Oki didn't waste much time before he was arguing against Mari though he seemed to have good intentions behind it. He seemed to like pointing out Mari's better qualities, at least ones that he thought she had every so often. She had an idea as to why he did this though she didn't bother to tell him to stop. If she had to be entirely honest it was nice to hear it every so often.

"Now you're just trying flatter me," Mari joked, still a little sheepish on the matter. Itegami didn't let that topic linger long however.

Mari turned to the teenager, a little surprised to hear this bit of news. His family hadn't been supportive of his artistic skill? That was a little sad, actually. Oki and Kushi seemed to share that sentiment if their reactions were to go by. Perhaps with more supportive people at his side Itegami might pick up the hobby again and get better at it.

"I can't see how anyone would disapprove of such things; I find people with that kind of talent admirable," Kushi said after Oki had grown silent.

It wasn't necessary to glance Oki's way to know he was looking at Mari. Maybe he hoped she'd be able to do something about this and coax Itegami into a more amicable attitude or maybe to draw Itegami into using those artistic abilities more. Something about gods not delving into art seemed to bother Oki and Kushi in any case.

Mari took to just that, if Oki was relying on her then she'd do her best even if it was for something like this. "Well consider yourself adopted now, you're my little brother! And as my little brother I expect to see lots of drawings from you, you know? I can't just sit around and have any old sibling, he's got to be good at art."

Kushi chuckled at that, hiding her grin behind her sleeve. Itegami looked like he was stunned by this announcement, either by what Mari declared or by the confident way in which she'd said it. She didn't let it faze her any.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 8:48 pm

The awkwardness she felt still clung to her. She cleared her throat briefly, taking the dumpling Waka pushed her way. For the moment, she toyed with it before she took a chunk and ate.

Cedar leaned back in her chair without much to say. Waka finally spoke up again, rather cheerily at that. Perhaps he was trying to push the previous conversation away. She glanced at him briefly, noting the smile on his face.

Eventually, he did answer her. He hadn't said 'no' though she did worry. There were monsters outside of the city.

"I'd like to find that bottle," she pointed out, "even if I'm supposed to be...stuck in it, I guess. And it's not here. If it's important, I should have it, right?"

Cedar glanced at Moegami when he muttered about it being a bad idea. A frown tugged at her lips. She knew about the monsters out there but never dealt with one.

"Did you deal with the demons out there then?" she guessed.

Moegami looked like he was in rough shape when he came to the city. It wasn't simply from running about all this time. He had to have dealt with those monster on his own before he was found.

----[|X|]----

Oki spared a smile in Mari's direction. She seemed to be taking the words a little lighter. That was good, he hadn't meant any harm by what he said, after all.

He chuckled slightly, almost giving a warm filled 'perhaps' in return. For the moment, he quashed that for later, when they had some time alone. If anyone sense that fondness for her, they didn't say anything.

"I agree," Oki added after Kushi, "there is no reason for you not to pursue these things now if you wish to."

Derek seemed to be mulling things over in the silence. Perhaps that was best. His role was rather different now. The young man was to be more then just a guide for the people. In time, he may realize that.

Oki smiled a little as Mari took to 'adopting' Derek. Shock had overtaken Derek's expression, brief as it was after that.

"You're serious?" he asked, "You'll really teach me?"

If Oki had to guess, there was relief in Derek's voice. He seemed to express a mix of emotions, unsure of what to say or think. Still, a small smile tugged at his lips.

"Thanks...I think"
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 8:27 pm

Waka found himself a little surprised by Cedar's eventual answer. It seemed she might have matured a little over the weeks that had passed, something that he seemed to have missed until now. He didn't let this show, many years of practice guided his expression in remaining calm, only a bit of curiosity peaking through. At least something might happen nowadays, something interesting regarding these gods that wasn't so destructive and worrisome.

"Why would anything want to be locked in a fucking bottle? Sounds like genie bullshit to me," griped Moegami, finishing off the food in his hand. He didn't reach for another this time.

"Ah, but perhaps there is a reason you're not seeing!" Waka chimed in, attempting to broaden Moegami's assumptions. From the sour look Waka received in reply he didn't think that it was working yet.

A hum left Waka as he glanced back to Cedar. She seemed to have ignored this little divergence from the main topics at hand, the ones she wanted to pry into further, in favor of pestering him for more information of his excursion that day. He pouted again, waving a dismissive hand.

"Bah! Such serious talk is not for winding down during he evenings," he said just as airily as his actions had been.

Despite his offer earlier to put her up against demons to try to unlock her powers that would have been under a more controlled situation. If they were both out there with Cedar having no combat skills under her belt, or at least none that she could recall and rely upon, while they were both distracted searching for clues then it would be an easy thing for a sneaky demon to get one up on her. Waka wasn't willing to risk that, not in that type of situation.

----[x]----
Whatever had kept Itegami so silent, brooding over what was being told to him, was forgotten the moment Mari declared he was to be her little brother as of today. Mari had adopted an almost snobbish air about her when she declared he couldn't be just any old hack who was interested in drawing to boot and perhaps that threw him off though only momentarily. Instead of that Itegami focused on the prospect of being taught and Mari couldn't help but to see the eagerness on his face at that.

"I'll teach you what I know at least," Mari promised, dropping the snobby and loud demeanor she'd adopted for the impromptu announcement, "then we go around and bug other, more talented artists to teach us what they know."

Kushi chuckled at that again and said,
"I think anyone would be honored to teach the both of you if that happens, honestly."

"Maybe, if they're not the unhelpful types anyways," answered Mari, still a little unsure about this whole mess. For the most part she got anything she asked for, assuming it was in the person's ability to give. It took a lot of getting used to.

Mari took to sliding another sheet of paper Itegami's way. He still had a hold of the charcoal he'd taken anyways, she figured he might as well but it to good use. If he wanted to learn he'd have to practice to get any kind of feel for it.

"Time's wasting, why don't you redraw that little creature again using the basics? I want to see what changes if you do," Mari suggested. It would help to pass the time, at least for them. She hoped Oki and Kushi wouldn't grow bored however, watching someone sketch could only be interesting for so long, at least Mari thought so.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 5:13 pm

Cedar really didn't want to be stuck in a bottle but if was important piece to Nuregami, to her, then she had little choice in the matter. While it sounded unappealing, she wanted to do what she could. People were looking to her now.

"I don't like the thought of it," she defended, "but if it's the right thing to do, I can't just ignore it."

There was a lot she still didn't know, especially with her powers. Who knew if this bottle could help her or not. She wanted to find it if she could.

Waka was quick to quash the current conversation. She did her best to put those more serious thoughts out of her head for a time. Mostly, she brought them up only for conversation and nothing more.

"Well, what do you want to talk about then?" she asked after a moment.

Moegami wasn't adding much in the ways of conversation and it wasn't as if she and Waka could wander off for the moment. As much as she was beginning to enjoy that thought, she'd quash it for now.

----[|X|]----

Mari seemed to have some plans in mind. That was good, all things considered. She seemed to be adapting to her new life quite easily now. She'd matured since he first found her.

He chuckled a little in response to her words. A shake of his head followed. "I agree, you'll find an abundance of people who would be more then willing to teach you," Oki said.

For some, that would be the highest of honors. She would come to see that in time.

"You think people would be that patient?" Derek wondered. Oki nodded in response. "There are many who would love the chance to teach a god."

While Derek still looked skeptical, he didn't argue. His attention instead was back on Mari. He took up paper and charcoal again, starting to sketch things out.

For a while, that was the only sound that was heard. Oki would occasionally glance at either of them, partly wondering what Derek might have been drawing now. It was strange to be sitting in on an art lesson but not unpleasant.

Eventually, he passed it off to Mari again, seeming a little prouder this time around. Perhaps all the young man needed as confidence. He certainly did look happier now then he had before.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 9:07 pm

Waka leaned forward then, resting his cheek on his fist as he cocked his head to one side. He peered at Cedar for a long moment, studying her further. It really was a marvel at how quickly someone could mature, especially so without him noticing. He would have thought he'd be the first to observe this change in her but it had caught him by surprise.

"Well, perhaps little ol' me can keep an ear to the ground for that bottle," Waka promised vaguely, looking as if he was still debating that idea in itself.

Moegami scoffed at this though no one paid him any attention for it. It seemed Moegami had expected this, instead pushing himself away from the table and leaving without another word. Waka watched him go, wondering if something was bothering Moegami or not. It was impossible to tell just yet. Over the next few days Waka would poke about and try to find out however.

He turned back to Cedar when she asked what he wanted to talk about. For a second or two he thought about it, striking an exaggerated broody pose. From the corner of his eye Waka could swear he saw Cedar smile a little.

"Why nothing and everything at once! Doesn't that sound like a fantastic idea, ma chérie?" Waka answered finally.

He received a look for that one. At the very least he was keeping her entertained well into the night. The Tao warrior that always remained up here, keeping watch on the machines Waka had long since brought and left here and on the places in general, would wander in for a quick snack or a drink. Sometimes Waka wondered if it wasn't just to sneak a peak at Cedar or to eavesdrop a little. In time it didn't matter, Cedar needed sleep as did he.

----[x]----
Despite his behavior up until now it looked like Itegami was finally drawing out of his shell, bit by bit. Mari was glad to see this happening, dealing with sulky teenagers had never been her forte, even when she was at that age. 'Maybe things are starting to look up a little,' she allowed herself to think. With what had happened to her and Itegami and now the fate of Wep'keer a little good news like this was much needed.

"You haven't gone about speaking to many people, have you?" Kushi wondered.

Whatever brief conversation arose from that didn't include Mari. Instead she'd gotten caught up in her drawing. They were often half-finished sketches that littered the pages. Oftentimes Mari merely stopped working on anything that she felt wasn't very good or she'd made a mistake on. Without any inks or paints to cover up the charcoal any mistakes were obvious and just made things messier.

In time Itegami handed over the newest drawing, following her instructions this time around. She couldn't help but to notice how he sat a little straighter with his shoulders pulled back when he did. 'Good. Sulking doesn't suit anyone,' Mari concluded at this, hoping that they'd be able to keep this sort of thing up for him. Who knew when they were out in the countryside again and ran low on art supplies? She shook the thought from her mind.

She got to assessing the drawing, pointing out what she liked and what might need work. Itegami seemed to hang onto every word, looking a little prouder at each new compliment. At this rate Mari would end up having to worry about a swelled head.

Time passed in this manner for quite awhile, eventually Kushi brought out some food for them all. It was soon after this occurrence did Mari have to admit how tired she actually was. Even just trying to focus on her sketches was hard, finding herself staring more often than not. 'Why am I so tired when Ite looks so energetic now?' she wondered. Itegami had been the one trading shifts with Oki through the night to watch for threats, after all. He should have been far more exhausted than Mari.

"If it's not too much trouble, I think it's time for me to get some sleep," Mari said, forcing back a yawn as best she could. It only took a few minutes after that declaration for Kushi to find a spot for them to sleep for the night, passing along some makeshift bedding to Mari for her use. It wouldn't take her long to fall asleep after that, curling up under the blanket comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 10:13 pm

Cedar spared a small smile Waka's way. It seemed he might be mulling over looking for that bottle. She was a little glad about that.

"If you could, I'm sure that would be helpful," she answered.

Conversation had died down briefly before Waka had made a suggestion to talk about anything. A small smile tugged at her lips, previous awkwardness forgotten.

If anything at all, the evening was at least pleasant. Moegami might not have participated much but Cedar managed to. She was glad to have the distraction for the night.

Eventually, it was time to turn in. The day had been long and she was tired as it was. Searching the city for the bottle had taken enough out of her as it was.

She lay in bed, thinking about it and many other things. In time, she finally closed her eyes to sleep. She heaved a heavy sigh, hoping that things would fall into place well enough.

----[|X|]----

Oki studied things carefully. If anything, everyone seemed to be calm now. He had worried a bit about how things would go in the group. Once in a while, it seemed like Derek or Mari would get at each other. That seemed to pass now.

He smiled though it would not be seen. The general lighter air was something of a relief. At least things would be alright from here on out.

"They haven't been able to speak with many, no," Oki had answered, "not only were the circumstances strange but we've been traveling as quickly as we can manage as well."

The evening would go on in this manner. Drawing, pointing out good things and what could be improved on. It was certainly an interesting one.

Eventually, they decided to turn in. Oki stayed up only a little later to make sure everyone was settled. Only then did he move to get some rest as well.

Oki worried about the ferry and how long it would take to be repaired. He could only pray that it would be quick. They needed to get a move on as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 9:51 pm

Morning had regrettably come all too soon, the sun rousing Waka from his sleep as it peaked in through the windows. That was the downside to having this building floating high over Lake Beewa and away from the other buildings. Still, it gave Waka the privacy he preferred more times than not.

It was a simple thing to pull himself from sleep and get ready for the day. He wondered if either god was up and about yet as well in that time. It seemed that Cedar had a habit of waking early most days though she had her lazy days as well, Waka couldn't be sure about Moegami yet. When he finally headed out of his room and down the hall he found that it didn't seem as if anyone was awake that normally wasn't yet.

Waka sighed. If neither god was up it would seem that he'd have to wait around for them first. Moegami seemed to have no intention of remaining here for the day and Waka knew that if he left Cedar here like that he'd get an earful for it later. Or perhaps she'd give him the cold shoulder, Waka honestly wasn't sure which to expect if he did that.

'This morning seems like it will drudge on already' Waka thought, a frown tugging at his lips. He'd rather not waste time, if there were clues out there to any other nearby gods then Waka didn't want to run the risk of them getting destroyed or let whatever trail grow cold. Things like that would only hinder him and in this time he couldn't be sure if that might be worse than he'd want or not. Waka had no way of knowing if something was lurking out there seeking out the lost gods as well...

Once in the kitchen Waka seated himself at the little table, mulling over what might happen that day. Perhaps Cedar might be willing to let Moegami tag along with her, assuming Moegami behaved... Waka shook his head. The two might never be friendly to each other, their elements too opposed to one another. He hoped that wouldn't be the case however.

----[x]----
Mari didn't remember much after she fell asleep, in fact she was relatively certain it was one of the first times in many years that she'd been able to fall right to sleep as it were. All she recalled was curling up, not even bothering to pull her hair down, and then it was nothing until morning when she heard someone shuffling about. Mari paid it no mind and merely dozed again.

At some point later she heard Kushi's voice and just barely realized that she was speaking to either Oki or Itegami, telling them that they could remain here as long as they needed to. After that Mari could only assume Kushi had left to do whatever she needed during the day before Mari dozed off once again.

Eventually she did push herself up, aware that they'd eventually need to find Mr. Orange and find out what was happening with the ferry. Mari blinked blearily around, spotting Oki nearby. She wondered where Itegami had gotten off to. Had he wandered into the village?

"Morning," she mumbled, moving to sit next to Oki, "any plans for today?"

Carefully she reached up to fix the mask Lika had made her. She'd even forgotten to take that off she was so tired last night. From the feel of things it didn't look like it had broke and for that Mari was grateful. When they saved those left in the north Mari didn't want to let it be known that she'd handled the gift so poorly, allowing it to break.

She stretched her legs out before her, attempting to wake up more. If she'd had it her way she'd just keep dozing on and off though she knew that wasn't a possibility. Eventually she'd wake up and just lay there and lay there.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 12:24 am

Cedar had slept well enough that night. Running about the city the day before had worn her out. She was tired as it was, often having trouble sleeping in the first place. Getting some deep sleep was something nice.

The morning came all too soon however. She tugged the blankets over her head, curling up a little to conserve warmth. She lay there for several long minutes, dozing as long as she could.

Eventually, she pushed herself out of bed, running a hand through her hair. She felt groggy as she got to her feet and wandered from her room.

She tried not to think it strange that Waka hadn't come to wake her. Cedar had gotten a little used to it at this point.

It didn't take her too long to find him. She merely needed to ask one of the other warriors. When she did spot him, he was quiet and looked deep in thought.

"Something the matter?" she asked, stepping up toward him, "Or are you just mulling over something?"

Cedar couldn't be sure with him. Honestly, it went either way with Waka. Some days, she felt she could read him. Others, not so much. It was difficult to wrap her mind around his ways and it seemed he liked it that way.

----[|X|]----

Oki felt relief that Kushi would allow them to stay as long as they needed. He normally would have felt a little more of a burden but given the circumstances, they needed all they could get.

He was up for a while longer before he turned in. Derek had long since fallen asleep along with Mari. He seemed a little happier and Oki hoped it would remain that way. Mari was attempting to help, after all.

Oki fell asleep rather quickly. Having kept watch most of the night before and traveling back this far had taken enough out of him. The sleep wasn't too deep. It did him good however.

He woke early and walked out into the front room. Derek had gotten up sometime after, dismissing himself for a short time. It seemed he wanted to wander.

Mari woken not long after, coming out to sit with him. Oki glanced at her as she fixed the mask. He spared her a smile.

"Good morning," he greeted, "I hope you slept well enough."

She looked groggy though, it seemed she didn't sleep well most nights. For the both of them, perhaps that was best. With demons running about, they would need to act quickly anyways.

"Derek went out to wander," he explained, "Kushi will allow us to stay here as long as we need to. Hopefully, we will not need to stay for too much longer..."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 9:29 am

Waka wasn't sure how long he'd sat and brooded, glancing up only when Abe passed through to relieve the other Tao Warrior of his post. Abe was the newest of the group even now, months after he'd first joined. Waka occasionally gave the other man a hard time about that though something told him Abe didn't mind too much. It was alway a source of annoyance to Waka, if he was honest.

Eventually Cedar's voice reached him, a new distraction long after Abe had taken his post. Waka blinked up at her before shrugging. It was never too early in the day to start getting under people's skin.

"Ah, perhaps I was merely staring off into space~!" he pointed out in a sing-song manner. It didn't bother Cedar much by the looks of it, maybe she'd expected that kind of an answer.

He leaned back, gesturing to the other side of the table. Cedar looked like she still needed a bit of time to wake up and they did have to wait for Moegami today. Waka didn't particularly find himself eager to get back to a sulky Moegami again tonight if they didn't. If it kept Moegami happier and he'd be willing to be with Cedar for the day then Waka saw no harm in letting him wander about. Perhaps the interaction with other people would do him some good, especially so with Cedar to steer him in the right direction.

For the time being Waka figured they could enjoy the quiet time until then. The city would be waiting for them as it were and Waka would have to head back out to the coast to investigate. Perhaps he'd have to go and sniff around Ryoshima's northern half if he had the time as well.

"And how did my favorite little snake sleep, hmm?” Waka wondered after a few moments had passed.

----[x]----
Mari hummed in answer, she still felt groggy and though this wasn't anything new to her it was odd even then. The last few weeks she'd felt rather rested actually and had kind of hoped that she'd finally gotten a handle on her sleeping problems. She resisted a sigh at that thought. It was just something she'd always have to deal with she supposed.

Oki didn't seem bothered by her lack of a talkative reply, instead he'd carried on to inform her about Itegami's whereabouts and what Kushi had relayed to Oki. It was a relief that Kushi would allow them to stay until the ferry was repaired. From the sounds of things Oki still had hopes that it wouldn't be a long affair.

"Oki, what do you plan on doing today?" she wondered, stifling a yawn soon after.

Truthfully she wasn't sure what she'd be doing herself. Maybe she'd go inspect some more of the village and what it had to offer. They hadn't been here long the other day after all. Perhaps there were some hidden things that might pique her interest. If nothing else she could find something to draw, Mari wouldn't pass up the opportunity to try to get better.

If her hair was a mess Oki hadn‘t mentioned it though Mari made no attempt to tame it at the moment. Surely it was all tangled up around the hair ties as it was. It was something that would have to wait until she was more awake however. There was little patience for Mari to spare when she first woke as it was.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 10:06 pm

Waka seemed to be in deep thought when she found him. Regardless, he hand waved that away and said something else entirely. Cedar didn't push it anymore then she needed instead sitting down when he motioned toward a seat.

She rubbed at her eyes, trying to get the sleep out of them. Still, she felt tired despite this. It always took her a while to get awake early in the morning.

The silence remained for a while longer before Waka spoke again, trying to get some amount of conversation going. She shook her head, resting her cheek in the palm of her hand.

"I slept well," she finally said, "It was a little lonesome."

It wasn't the first time at night she felt lonely. They came and went quite often now. It was simply the way she lived and had to deal with. It wasn't as if Mari was around.

"I hope you had a good night as well?" she asked. Cedar really didn't know what Waka did with himself at night. For all she knew, he was still up doing work. "What's the plan today, by the way?"

----[|X|]----

She was still tired, it was easy to see and Oki didn't rush anything in terms of answer. When she wanted to answer, she would. It would just take some time. At least she was getting sleep, something nice compared to how she slept so fitfully before.

He carried on, informing of the events at hand. She took them into account one at a time. Oki remained silent until she spoke up again.

When she asked about what he'd be doing he hummed slightly. There was still a matter of the ferry he had to worry about. Getting to Agata was their top priority after all.

"I'll see if there is anyone around who can fix the ferry," he answered, "perhaps some progress could be made in that. Mr. Orange may know of some who can take on that project."

He spared a glance back, watching her for a brief moment. She was still waking up. Oki resisted a chuckle at that.

"I suppose you will find something to do today," he commented afterward, "You may explore Kamiki a little. It's quite a quaint place."

If anything, that would preoccupy her time while he was working to find someone to fix the ferry. He
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 7:58 pm

It only took a few seconds before Cedar had found herself at the small table as well without any further prodding from Waka. She still looked tired though not terribly so. Waka figured she’d gotten enough sleep for the time being and if she hadn’t there were plenty of places a god could find to rest in. Any who might be able to see those divine markings would be willing to let her rest in their homes if she only asked after all.

Waka pushed the thought away. Cedar still didn’t seem to fully grasp just how important she was even now and he figured it might be best to let her figure it out on her own. Lessons were more easily remembered when the person learning them came to the conclusions on their own after all.

“A little lonely, hmm?” Waka echoed, cocking his head to one side. A sly look crossed his features before he said anything more. “Perhaps little Cedar wishes for a bit of company at night, non?”

The way her cheeks reddened was a delight to see, looking so much more alive than she had a minute ago. It was almost as if that small bit of teasing had chased away any bit of grogginess that had remained in her.

Waka chuckled, shaking his head and waving a dismissive hand. “Ma chérie, you need only to ask if you are a bit lonesome! As for myself, the night passed as it always has.”

For a long time he was quiet, thinking about how to go about the day. Once Moegami was up and moving they would need to head out, or at least he would. He hoped that both of the gods would remain in Sei-an City for the day where they would be safest. He couldn’t be sure how much they could handle if something with dubious intent came across them.

“I intend to search the cost for more clues about your god-siblings, I would hope that you would take Moegami and do the same within the city,” he finally admitted.

----[x]----
She hummed again after Oki gave a rather detailed account of what he planned. It sounded as if he thought it might take awhile and maybe that was for the best. No use filling the day up with all sorts of things that he might not get around to, besides they didn’t know what all Kamiki Village might have to offer.

“Maybe Mr. Orange found someone already,” she thought out loud, stifling another yawn.

Soon enough Oki was offering the idea that she explore go and Kamiki herself in the meantime, find some things to do. Again she hummed, unable to think of anything to say to that just yet. Her mind was still slow from sleep, groggy even after she’d started moving around. She hoped it wouldn’t last long.

Eventually Mari managed to say, “Or maybe I’ll nap, assuming no one needs me for anything.”

It was still strange to think that anyone needed her, especially strangers. With the way many of the villagers seemed to regard her and Itegami it seemed that treatment would happen here as it had in Wep’keer. Mari would try to be better help than she’d been in the north, so petulant and stubborn about it all then. Looking back on that Mari couldn’t help but feel that she could have tried harder to help even if she’d had no earthly clue how she could’ve even now.

For a moment she sat there, blinking blearily at the place the fire had been going just last night, in a contained little fireplace of sorts. It was so unlike the way things were in Wep’keer that it had taken Mari a few minutes to get used to it again. At that thought she wondered just how many months might have passed since she’d found herself in this strange place and time for fireplaces to be weird to her.

“If you have any time to spare today try to find me, okay? It’ll be nice to talk again if we can,” Mari said.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 6:13 pm

Cedar hadn't minded the quiet. It gave her time to gather herself and wake up. It was when he spoke playfully did she become aware of what he was implying. She felt her cheeks flush quickly in response.

She cleared her throat, trying not be bothered by what he said. Despite that fact, she entertained the thought. She put it in the back of her head.

"Well that's good," she decided to comment about his night. She left the other to hang for the moment.

It wasn't long after did he speak of what he would be doing that day. Cedar having to keep an eye on Moegami wasn't something she liked to think about. They didn't quite get along, after all.

"If I have to," she finally decided, "But it's your fault if a torrent of rain comes down because he's pushed the wrong button or something."

Cedar didn't want to get so upset that she did cry. There were some who knew how to push the right buttons however. Moegami might be one of them, acting so indifferent. She could at least understand why though she didn't make much mention of it for the time being.

----[|X|]----

Oki nodded in agreement. For all they knew, Mr. Orange had already sent someone out. If that was the case, Oki couldn't find any reason to complain. That would bring them to Agata faster.

Oki glanced at her again, noting how tired she still looked. She normally took some time to wake up in the morning but by the looks of things now, she looked like she was ready to fall back to sleep. He tried not to think of that as too unusual.

Instead of exploring, she seemed to settle on the idea of napping. He hummed briefly, wondering if she managed to get any good sleep last night.

"Are you alright?" he inquired, "You still look rather tired."

Perhaps there was something on her mind that was preventing her from sleeping. He didn't hear any disturbances from her over night. Perhaps he had missed something in the mist of his own foggy sleep.

"Of course," he replied after she spoke, "It should not take me too long but we will see what holds me up. If it helps to sleep, do so."

He didn't think anyone would be bothered by that for the moment. If Mari needed sleep, Oki would rather see her sleep undisturbed for the time being.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 8:34 pm

It was easy to tell when Cedar grasped what he’d been hinting at with the way her face flushed a brilliant red. She noticeably did not answer him on that front though Waka hadn’t expected her to either. All the same he chuckled, shaking his head as the conversation was pushed in another direction. There would be plenty of time to tease her later.

Waka tutted and wagged a finger in Cedar’s direction after she mentioned the possibility of bringing about rain again. Moegami might have been abrasive but Waka didn’t think it’d come down to being that problematic.

“Ah, now it sounds like you’ll just be tormenting Moegami with any rain you’d summon!” he pointed out. Whether or not this bothered her Waka didn’t get to find out.

”What about tormenting me?” Moegami scoffed from behind him.

Waka merely twisted in his seat to smile and wave dismissively again to the other god. “Ah~, nothing to worry about at all!”

It didn’t escape Waka’s notice that Moegami had rolled his eyes though he hadn’t grumbled this time. Perhaps a bit of progress was being made. Though he didn’t say it out loud Waka certainly hoped this was the case.

“Ready to start the day off, hmm?” Waka wondered, glancing between Cedar and Moegami.

----[x]----
For a minute it was quiet between them though Mari could feel his gaze on her. She didn’t mind this so much as she tried to wake herself up a little more; it was a failed endeavor. When Oki finally spoke up again, asking if she was fine Mari waved a dismissive hand his way.

“Nah~, I’m fine,” she argued, another yawn escaping her despite this answer. “It’s nothing to worry over.”

She spared a smile when Oki agreed to find her when he had the time to. With that keen nose of his it wouldn’t take him long if he was able after all. They could worry about what Itegami was up to later, he seemed to have been in better spirits last night and Mari wasn’t too worried about him causing any trouble because of that. She just hoped nothing would sour his mood again.

It seemed like several more minutes passed before Mari managed to push herself to her feet, ready to go find someplace nice to nap in Kamiki for a little while. That was if no one needed anything, of course.

“Maybe I’ll go see that giant tree,” she mused, sparing a sleepy smile Oki’s way. At least he’d have some clue as to where to start and that tree was a beacon even from far away.

With that she was off, not bothering to fix her hair for the time being. She’d probably just tug it out of the hair ties later anyways with how tired she was. For the moment there were other things to do even if they weren’t all that important in the grand scheme of things.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 9:59 pm

Waka looked too amused with himself after he had spoken up. The implication shouldn't have caught her off guard but it did. Regardless, she tried to quash it. Waka wouldn't let her live it down long. She knew well enough that she'd probably hear about it later.

"I wouldn't torment him," she defended, "It's not like I'm out to make the guy mad or anything."

As if on cue, Moegami had entered the room. She glanced at him. He looked a little more awake now. Cedar wasn't sure if it would improved his mood or not at all. In time, she would see.

Cedar got to her feet after Waka had gotten to quash whatever worries Moegami might have had. At least that wouldn't raise anymore questions for the moment.

"I suppose we'd better," she replied to Waka, "We'll wander the city for a bit, if that's alright with you Moegami."

She hoped he wouldn't mind that much. Wandering wouldn't be too bad as long as Moegami's mood was well. Cedar hoped in some way, she could at least learn a little more about him.

----[|X|]----

Mari looked like she wanted to collapse. She dismissed it however, not that it was something that bothered him. He merely worried about what sleep she was getting. If it was something else, he hoped she would speak up about it.

"If you are certain," he replied, "Just make sure you're taking care of yourself, alright?"

She looked tired even as she rose to her feet. Oki spared her a smile that she wouldn't see. She was musing about the tree up on the hill. That would keep her busy when she was awake enough to see it.

"That sounds like a good idea," Oki agreed, "It would be good to get in touch with the nature around here."

Oki rose to his feet, moving toward the door. He peeked out, noting that the sun was climbing into the sky. He sighed slightly, hoping that he could get a start on the day. Derek surprisingly already had.

"I should head out," he finally announced, "I'll be back soon. If I don't find you here, I'll check for you at the tree."

That was the plan at least. With that said, Oki departed for the day. He would speak with Mr. Orange and see how things were going. He would try to quash thoughts of Mari and her unusual bouts of sleepiness. He hoped that a nap would make her a little more awake in time.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 9:16 am

Whether or not Moegami put any kind of stock in what Cedar had said had yet to be seen. It seemed as if he was ignoring it entirely and Waka entertained the idea of prodding Moegami about it though quickly dropped that idea. Moegami didn’t look like the morning type of person and Waka wasn’t sure if the fire god had any sort of grip on his powers this early in the morning. He’d rather not risk the Tao Warriors headquarters going up in flames for a bit of teasing.

Instead he’d asked if the two were ready even as Moegami had found a loaf of half-stale bread at the table, tearing a chunk of it off and unceremoniously stuffing his face with it. Waka shook his head at this.

”Better ‘n being up here all day again,” Moegami managed to say around that mouthful of bread.

Waka pushed himself to his feet, gesturing for the two to follow him. He blatantly ignored the groan Moegami gave in response. No doubt being rushed out the door, so to speak, irritated him when he’d just sat down. Nonetheless Moegami had stood up again.

“Then let us begin the day! All those clues we need won’t be sitting around forever, non?” he urged as he tried to usher them into moving faster. To say he was eager to find more about the other gods and figure out just what was going on.

”You’re too damn eager,” Moegami grumbled.

----[x]----
Akane hadn’t been in the area long even when she’d first passed through. Honestly she’d gone right by this little village without really being aware that she’d passed it two years ago when she’d set out from the north. Now she’d found her way back to Shinshu Field and down the pathway to Kamiki Village for supplies.

’Maybe I should go home before I head back around Nippon a second time…’ Akane had mulled over that thought for a long while. She still wasn’t any closer to a decision now than when she’d first debated it a week ago.

As she wandered about the small village, wondering where a merchant might be here, Akane kept an eye out on those around her. Even now it was still a little fascinating to see how people outside of the Oina tribe went about their day or dressed. Akane couldn’t imagine walking around without a mask on like everyone else seemed to do. Just the thought was uncomfortable!

Without realizing it Akane had reached up to situation her horse mask to sit more snugly.

She halted in her steps when a flash of white caught her attention. It wasn’t quite like the graying color that many elderly men and women came to sport, instead it was almost blinding on such a sunny day like this. When Akane looked more carefully she swore she could make out faint red markings but from afar she couldn’t be sure. His dark skin was so odd to see as well that Akane couldn’t help but to make a beeline towards him, her curiosity all but tugging her over to the strange boy.

“Excuse me,” she wondered out loud, it had only taken a minute to reach him, “might I be able to ask your name?”
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 10:36 pm

Cedar didn't put much stock in what little conversation there was. Moegami looked like he was still in a mood. He didn't seem pleased that he had to be rushed out either.

"The days start early," she pointed out, "You get used to them."

Waka was already on his feet and ready to usher them out. Cedar followed after, already used to this kind of thing. Honestly, this was becoming the norm for her.

"He's always eager about something," Cedar teased in turn, a light prod. Honestly, it was that energy that helped her through most days though he did have his softer side as well, when he wanted to show it.

It wasn't long before he had led them to the entrance, easily leaping down with the both of them. It seemed it was easier on him heading down then up.

"If you need any help, just come find us or something," Cedar said, glancing up at Waka, "That is if you want it."

----[|X|]----

Derek had been wandering around since early morning. He'd been up before everyone else, something that was somewhat rare since he was found by Mari and Oki. There was a lot to think over and normally, he'd buffer those thoughts by sleeping.

Wandering most of that early morning, he took in the scenery for once. Derek had to admit that he was in better spirits since last night. Maybe it was Mari, he wasn't sure. He didn't mind either way.

He sighed, continuing on. A lot of thoughts still muddled in his head. It was all hard to shake, his previous life and world all behind him. All he could do was move on, he figured. Not like that was easy.

Derek blinked when a voice called out to him. He paused, turning toward the owner. He was surprised to find someone like Oki here, someone from the tribe. To his knowledge, Oki had been the only one who got out.

"My name?" he echoed, "which one are you asking for? Derek or 'Itegami' as some have started to call me."

He tipped his head curiously at the young woman. Like many of the Oina, he couldn't see her face. Derek tried not to let that bother him too much.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 11:09 pm

Behind him Waka could hear Cedar trying to improve Moegami’s mood though it might not have done much from the silence that had greeted her. Their footsteps and a ‘good morning!’ from an enthusiastic Tao Warrior on their way out of the door were the only replies to her words. Waka turned to the two at the end of the walkway, ignoring the gust that tugged at his clothes and headdress as he opened his arms to beckon them closer.

“Come now! Let us start on the search inside the city and out,” Waka said cheerfully.

Moegami cast him a sour look before turning his attention to Cedar.
”Your sexual harasser is too eager,” Moegami told her, presumably ignoring the way that Waka pouted at that, “and I’m not comfortable with him holding me just to get me down there!”

Wagging a finger and tutting at Moegami Waka again beckoned them closer when he finished. “It is either this or being left here again,” Waka reminded him.

Begrudgingly Moegami strode towards him then and Waka was quite sure he caught a snippet of Moegami’s grumbling. Something about Waka harassing both women and men and Moegami threatening to break Waka’s hand if he tried anything. Waka resisted another little laugh at that; he had no interest in Moegami when he had cute little Cedar to tease and kiss.

Nonetheless Waka did not find it necessary to argue about this, instead he chose to leap, tugging both gods close to either side of him. He’d rather not risk one of them falling and getting hurt. Waka still had no idea how either would heal with their powers so weakened like this. After he landed lightly and released Moegami, who took several steps away from Waka quickly, Waka took to planting a kiss on Cedar’s cheek before he did the same to her.

“That was my line, ma chérie,” he chastised playfully.

----[x]----
The young man looked startled for a moment when Akane had called to him. She waited patiently, clasping her hands before her and studying his face up close. It really was so odd that no one found it necessary to wear a mask outside of the Oina. It must be so cold without one on.

It was her turn to blink in surprise and echo him when he’d spoken, “Which one? You have more than one that you go by?”

Another few seconds passed as she mulled over the names. Derek was such a foreign sounding thing, so simple and yet nothing like any other name Akane had ever heard before. Where would someone have gotten one like that? Despite that thought it was the second one that was much more interesting to her.

“Itegami, as in the brush god?” It took a level of control to make sure her voice didn’t rise in surprise. “But I thought you’d all returned to the heavens a short time ago…”

A thoughtful frown tugged at her lips though it remained hidden from him by her mask. Akane continued to study him, looking for some kind of tell that would show that he might be a con artist or someone with a deluded idea of who he was. ’He seems sane enough… Surely this can’t be so.’

Shaking her head Akane tried to shake the unease that settled on her away. Maybe things weren’t as complicated as it looked like it might be. ’But the brush gods have never appeared as humans like this in all of written history. Why would they start now?’ her mind pointed out. Akane found that one hard to shake.

“Your markings though… they’re so faint,” she pointed out softly, wary of summoning a potential god’s anger upon her and those around them because of something she’d said.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 1:44 pm

Moegami was already complaining. She briefly wondered if this was just a habit for him. Honestly, if that was the case, then Cedar could grow used to it. The disposition she might not like but in time, she would learn to live with it.

"He's not harassing me," she argued, "That last time was a...misunderstanding."

With that said, she ignored the rest. Getting on the ground was always somewhat of a relief. Her stomach flip flopped a little but otherwise, didn't react any worse then it had the first few times.

She waited for Waka's answer. He leaned forward, pecking her cheek quickly before he pulled back and spoke. Cedar shifted slightly, her cheeks feeling a little warm.

"If you...if you say so," she replied, albeit it a little bashfully. There was still a lot she needed to get used to.

She ignored whatever look Moegami sent her, or at least tried to. Clearing her throat awkwardly, she motioned toward him. "You're free to lead about, if you want to..."

If anything, much like what Waka did with her, it would give him a feel for the city on his own. He might have already gotten that feel however, given that he'd been hiding for days.

----[|X|]----

She seemed patient which for Derek was a good thing. He didn't like to be rushed for answers. Even if he was lightening up a little, there were still many things that would grind on his nerves.

He offered a shrug at her question. Lately, that had been the case whether he liked to admit it or not. Oki still referred to him by 'Derek' but often times, Derek wondered if that was just out of respect.

"So I've been told," he answered her simply, "That's what they said when they took me to back to Wep'keer."

For her, it would be easy to recognize. That was her home, after all. At least, Derek assumed that was the case. Most of the tribe he met were holed up in their homes due to the weather.

She was quiet for a long moment. Again, Derek wished he could see her face. It would have helped to see what she was thinking, if there was any wariness there. Instead, he was simply left in the dark about it.

He glanced at his arms when she finally did speak. The markings looks bright and prominent to him.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he replied, "they look pretty bright to me."

Derek blinked at her again and shifted his weight nervously. "I don't know much about this god stuff honestly..." he muttered, "Not that I believed I was one days ago anyways..."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 3:13 pm

Blake rolled his eyes when Waka kissed Cedar. It was obvious that the guy didn’t care about anything, if he really though that girl was a god why would he go kissing and hugging her like that all the time? Blake wasn’t the religious type but even he wouldn’t have tried anything like that if someone was thought of as a god.

”Take care, ma chérie!" Waka called out as he trotted off, smiling at Cedar as he did. Blake scoffed at that.

It was only a second or two later that Cedar was talking him now, telling him to take the lead. This didn’t improve his mood any, what point was there for him to lead them around if she was keeping an eye on him either way? Something told him she’d try to stop him if he took to tagging a wall like he wanted to. It’d been a long time now since he’d been able to paint anything…

“Why would I do that?” he argued, crossing his arms, “You’ll just be watchin’ me the entire time anyways.”

By the guilty look that crossed her face Blake knew he’d assumed right. He shook his head at that. From the way she and Waka always talked when he was out of the room Blake couldn’t even be sure that he knew what they were doing down here today either. ’Don’t trust me at all,’ he silently griped.

“Just… do whatever, I don’t care,” Blake said finally.

----[x]----
When the young man spoke, this Itegami or Derek, Akane could swear there was a glum tone in his voice. She wasn’t sure what that was about though maybe it was something personal. Though she was curious Akane would try to ignore that curiosity and not ask. It wasn’t like it was any of her business after all.

Akane hummed, taking in the bits of information he allowed her to know. It sounded like there might be more to it but she’d try not to annoy him with more information.

“Well, which name should I call you by if not Itegami…?” she wondered, hesitating briefly before she had. Shouldn’t one address a god by their true name and not some alias? Akane didn’t get why one would wish to go by another name but then she wasn’t in his position either. “Oh! Forgive me, I haven’t given my name. I’m Akane.”

Itegami gave her more information without any prodding but only after she’d pointed out how his divine markings looked faint to her eyes. Her frown deepened at that, hidden behind her mask. If he was waiting for her to say something in return he did so patiently though he did seem a little uncomfortable, or maybe he was just nervous.

“I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a god who didn’t know anything about their own being or status before, but maybe something happened too.” Akane shook her head before she continued. “If it’s not too presumptuous to ask, maybe you can help me; I stopped by for supplies but I’m not familiar with this village…”
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:14 am

Cedar tried to recover from the quick kiss and his words. She wasn't used to this kind of thing especially so out in the open. In time, she just hoped that it would become the norm.

It wasn't long before Waka departed. She hoped he would be careful out there. Cedar remembered the demons briefly. She hadn't fought them but she recalled those voices, dark and full of malice.

Afterward, she turned to Moegami and made her offer. When he quickly turned it down, her shoulders sagged a little. Her expression dropped a tad as well.

"If that's what you want..." she muttered in turned, moving to lead the way.

If Moegami kept up this kind of attitude, then she doubted there would be much to get along with. What the queen said stuck in her mind as well. Fire and water didn't mix so perhaps they'd never really get along.

She started off, her gaze wandering about on occasion. It was still early and a few people were already out and wandering. Even some children had gotten out of their homes. Cedar wondered briefly if she'd see Rika again today. The little girl seemed quite happy to stay near Cedar now as it was.

----[|X|]----

Derek tried not to shuffled under her gaze. He was nervous enough and with someone actually questioning all of this 'god' stuff, it didn't help. Derek didn't even have answers on that in the first place.

He cleared his throat, trying not to be bothered. Honestly, all of this responsibility that he was supposed to be handling was stressing him out enough.

"You can just call me Derek, if you want," he finally answered, glancing elsewhere, "Just Derek."

He glanced at her again when she spoke up about her own name. He tried to remember if he'd heard it before the whole darkness thing had swamped over the tribe. It was hard to recall with so many names.

"Akane then," he replied, "How'd you get out of Wep'keer anyways?"

Derek offered a shrug again. He couldn't say much on the issue. He didn't remember a lot as it was. Just being home and then waking up on that icy mountain.

"I don't know what happened. I don't recall much either. Apparently, I'm not the only 'god' having this issue either," he replied, clearing his throat after. Derek rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, "I...don't know much about this place either. We could...ask around if you want."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|
Page 17 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next