AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 2:16 pm

Blake’s eyebrow rose as he saw Cedar’s shoulders sag at his refusal to start leading them around. He had to resist a snort at that; what, did she think he knew what they were looking for? That Waka guy trusted her more than he did Blake, she had more of a clue as to what they were doing than he did.

Despite whatever she was thinking Cedar started them off and Blake followed after without any further complaint. At least he didn’t voice any of his complaints. He still found it complete bull that he wasn’t trusted even a little; it wasn’t like he’d set anything else on fire much less did any of that in the past on purpose! Something kept telling him that no one would believe that it had been an accident though.

While he trailed behind her Blake noticed that Cedar kept looking around. What she was glancing around for was anyone’s guess, Blake had no idea what they would even be looking for in the city much less what would be eye-catching enough to report back. ’No trust at all,’ he scoffed to himself again.

“What the hell are we doing out here anyways?” Blake finally asked. He crossed his arms in lieu of stuffing his hands in his pockets, these new clothes didn’t have any for him to do that with.

Blake waited, surprisingly patiently even for himself, for her to answer him. He didn’t know what kinda clues to look for if there were such a thing as gods. It was more than a little obvious he wasn’t convinced he was even one. To him it was more likely he’d be some kinda lesser demon with all the trouble he’d gotten into in his life so far.

----[x]----
For a minute it looked to Akane that the god before her was mulling over which name he preferred. After such he took to nodding, maybe to confirm whatever thoughts he’d come to before he spoke up. Akane gave a nod of her own to his decision.

“Derek,” she said, more in confirmation than anything else.

She tipped her head to one side when he took to asking about Wep’keer. Her brow furrowed behind her mask. ’What’s he talking about?’ Despite the fact that she took to trying to guess on her own for several long moments Akane couldn’t begin to figure out what Derek was asking about. Finally she shook her head, holding out her hands in a mock shrug.

“I’m afraid I don’t understand… I’ve been traveling Nippon for two years now with Chief Kemu’s approval. What’s happened there?” Akane interrogated, concern flooding through her. It left her feeling like she was on pins and needles, even more so when Derek’s face seemed to indicate some kind of guilt.

There was a lump rising in her throat, making it hard to breathe and her chest felt heavy. Before Akane knew it she was biting at her lip hard enough that she was surprised that she hadn’t drawn any blood. This didn’t stop her from gnawing on it all the same. Something had happened to her home and now the only one who could tell her what’d happened seemed to be balking about mentioning what it was that had gone on.

[[OOC: So, which one of us wants to handle Kasugami's role?]]
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PokéPartner : |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 2nged5x

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 11:05 am

Cedar led on in silence. There wasn't much to say. Moegami didn't seem like the talking sort. In fact, she didn't even know his real name and could only refer to him by his god one.

She shoved it aside for the time being. There was no need to worry about trivial things. Waka had said to search the city for clues, if there were any to be had. Maybe there was another god nearby that he hadn't mentioned.

Cedar flinched, drawn out of her thoughts by Moegami's voice. She glanced back toward him, noting the expression on his face. He was a fiery one, fitting of the god he supposedly represented.

She cleared her throat slightly before she answered. There was no point in getting affronted by his loud tone.

"Waka said to look for clues for the others gods that might be here," she replied, "but I guess I should have asked him about what some of those gods were."

Up until this point, she only knew of herself, the god that made the night fall early, and Moegami. Cedar would make a point to ask around if she could about others, given she couldn't read their writing.

"Anything strange, I suppose," she carried on, "anyone giving off powers, much like you and I manage to do, controlled or not."

----[|X|]----
In some sense or another, Derek was a little relieve she had decided to call him by his real name. He felt a little more comfortable being called that. Derek tried not to be bothered when people called him by the other one though.

He nodded in response, a little bit of weight lifting off of him. Maybe in time, he'd get used to the other name. For now, he just liked his old one.

It was only after mentioning her home did he realize he might have messed up. He swallowed nervously, unsure of what to say. He wasn't aware that she'd been traveling so long. Here he'd gone and told her her home was just about destroyed.

"I..." he started nervously. He rubbed the back of his neck, at a loss for words, "Something happened but I don't really know what..."

He glanced elsewhere, trying not to feel so nervous under her gaze. No doubt she was worried now, having been told her home was in danger.

"This black fog came down for the mountains," he finally explained, "and engulfed Wep'keer. I don't know who all got out if anyone at all..."

Derek lifted his gaze, wondering what was on her mind. The mask kept her features from view, a constant annoyance to him. He wouldn't mention it. That only bothered him because he couldn't read her so easily.

"I've been traveling with Oki and another 'god'. I think she's called...Yumigami or something like that."

[OOC: Do you mind taking her? I can see you playing a drunk well. I'll take up some other god roles when they come up~. |
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 7:46 pm

She’d flinched when Blake had asked what they were trying to do here. He raised an eyebrow about that again. He wasn’t anything to scoff at but he wasn’t intimidating either. His friends had been more muscular than Blake was and Danny-boy was twice as loud. He shook his head at that; was he so scary?

When she answered him it didn’t inspire much confidence in him about her. For a moment he could only stare at her, jaw slack.

“You don’t even really know what we’re looking for then?” Blake already knew the answer by the look on her face. “Damn it, what a waste of time.”

He kept walking after that, shaking his head in disbelief. If they didn’t know what to look for there was no point in trying to. Any clue would just be overlooked even he was smart enough to know that much.

Rudely, Blake reached out to tug at her hair and ignored the resulting glare he got for it. It was obvious that they both had white hair and red markings; he’d have thought that’d be more of a clue than any other obscure bullshit. Was it really that hard to notice?

“Why not look for white hair on people our age? Why make it so fuckin’ complicated?” he wondered before Cedar had a chance to snap at him for his behavior. At least she seemed to consider that much.

----[x]----
Akane could only wait with bated breath while Derek tried to explain what had happened. What he had to say wasn’t comforting; in fact it only made the pins and needles feeling worse. If something like that had happened while she was away what had she missed? Did anyone get to safety and was there anything that could be done to help? These things and more flooded her mind.

“I-I see,” she said finally, having to pause to steady her thoughts again, “perhaps there are other things I need to attend to later than just gathering supplies…”

It was only the mention of Derek’s companions that drew her worries away from Wep’keer briefly. She blinked, absorbing the names and even then surprised. She knew Oki, everyone in the Oina tribe did as he acted as protector alongside Samickle as the best warriors the tribe had to offer. If he’d left Kamui then things were serious.

“Oki is here? And another god?” Akane echoed, mulling over this new information. It was all so much! “If at all possible I might ask to meet with them later, if time permits.”

There was something happening to her home and Akane had to find out what. If the other Oina were unable to solve the problem then it left it up to her and Oki. She hoped the god before her and his god siblings would be willing to help, assuming that she might be able to find and ask any of them.

She shook her head, trying to put the thought away. It was an unsuccessful endeavor though Akane didn’t let this show. Oina masks came in handy every so often for that sort of thing, at least until one ran into someone particularly in depth at reading another person through their other actions.

“I believe you mentioned asking around for supplies with me?” she offered. If Derek didn’t know what was going on past what he’d told her then there was no point in Akane questioning him further about Wep’keer’s supposed demise.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 6:03 pm

She hoped that wasn't a habit of his. He raised his voice and sounded so aggressive. She didn't like yelling in the first place. That had just made things worse. Cedar swallowed, putting it off for a time.

Cedar didn't say anything when he spoke again. She spared him a brief glance before ducking her head a little. Well that hadn't made her feel any better about the situation in a while.

She didn't have much knowledge on any of this and she was trying. Still, it felt like she wasn't trying hard enough when he put it like that.

When he reached out, tugging at her hair, she was quick to flinch back and swat his hand away. She shot him a quick look.

"Please don't do that," she scolded, "You're not supposed to touch a woman's hair without permission."

She let her hand fall back into place. She had her boundaries and she hoped he would respect them. In turn, she would do the same for him. It wasn't as if they knew each other well. At this rate, that might be impossible.

"But I guess you have a point..." she muttered in return.

----[|X|]----
Again, Derek rubbed the back of his neck. He didn't want to bring about bad news but at this point, it was inevitable. He had it and delivered it despite not wanting to. The poor girl must be fretting about that, no doubt.

When she mentioned 'other things' she needed to take care of, Derek panicked a little. "You're not going to go back there?" he inquired quickly, "You can't."

She'd be turned to stone like the others were. That's what made her home so dangerous now. If that fog was working it's way around the entire place, then they were fighting against the clock. Despite his moods, Derek did know that. He didn't want to see that again.

When he mentioned Oki, Akane seemed to take hold of that name. That left Derek a little less panicky. If she wanted to see Oki, maybe she wouldn't go back.

"Yea, he's here," Derek answered, "I can take you to him whenever you want. I'd have to find him though. He might be looking for someone to fix the ferry to Agata Forest. I think."

He hoped that would be a satisfactory answer. Derek still wasn't sure of all of this much less Akane. He didn't want anyone getting hurt over trying to go home.

"O-oh, yea," he finally said when she pointed out that he'd offer to help her, "Come on, follow me."

With that said, he started to walk. There had to be someone around who could tell her where to get supplies. Derek knew a lot of the people here seemed really friendly.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 8:07 pm

Blake raised an eyebrow at the way Cedar had started away from him, the glare she shot at him weak at best. Usually he’d been met with more annoyed looks by girls whose hair he tugged at like this but then those women had been more fiery and stubborn than Cedar. He scoffed and shrugged, giving no actual answer to her response. He didn’t really see a need to.

“Of course I have a point,” he grumbled under his breath.

All the same he glanced around for any bright white in sight. He didn’t see anything, at least not that turned out to be the hair color on someone young. There were several old people around, some sitting down while others headed down the street around them though they were spread out compared to younger people. Blake had to stop from sighing. At this rate they’d find nothing.

Time passed way too slowly for Blake’s tastes. Anyone who had graying hair was old and Blake couldn’t see any red tattoos on him or her to say they might be some supposed god too. This left him growing grouchier by the minute and it must’ve gotten to Cedar. She’d gotten quiet after awhile in any case.

The morning passed like this and a lot of the early afternoon too. Blake wasn’t sure how much pointless walking around he could take after that. His feet were starting to ache and they hadn’t sat down yet. Blake wasn’t sure why that was but maybe Cedar was scared to start talking to him again.

Blake had been about to open his mouth, to say that he wanted to stop somewhere and eat before a flash of white caught his attention. Confused he glanced that way, sure it was just some new old woman he hadn’t seen before, instead he was met with a rather young lady. Her hair was pretty long but it looked like a tangled, wavy mess. She’d started pushing her hair out of her face as she clumsily toasted to whoever her other girl friend was.

”C’mon! Nothin’s wrong so why not party?” she cried despite the unsure look of her friend.

Blake reached out to grab at Cedar’s sleeve, halting her progress. “Oi! Stop walkin’ already, look at what I found!”

----[x]----
Akane wasn’t sure why Derek grew so panicked when she began asking more about Wep’keer. Perhaps he thought something might happen if she were to go home and try to save whoever needed it. Akane didn’t bother to mention her thoughts or half-formed pans on the matter. They were just that, half-formed, and so she still needed the time to mull over what to do.

“I must ask why I cannot go. Is a god forbidding me to?” Akane wondered all the same, curious as to what had him so panicked. This simple question seemed to cause Derek to grow tongue-tied and, if she wasn’t mistaken, he looked to have blanched.

Derek seemed much more relieved when Akane took to asking about Oki’s whereabouts, going so far as to mentioning the broken ferry to Agata Forest. This was enough to sate her need to act for the time being, if Oki was here than it must have been worse than it all sounded. That thought was a hard one to come to terms to even as Akane tried to keep herself focused.

“Perhaps after I’ve resupplied my pack,” Akane decided. “It is what I came here for originally.”

Derek seemed startled by this sudden change of pace or maybe it was the reminder of what they’d first intended to do together. Akane thought it a little endearing to see Derek in such a way, it humanized the god in a way that she wasn’t sure she’d ever thought of him before. It was an observation she kept to herself however. Who was she to mention such things to someone like a god?

With a nod and a reply of “Of course” Akane followed him closely. Though the village was small she’d rather not lose sight of him even if his snowy hair would be enough of a beacon. Akane found herself a little flattered to be in the company of a god such as this.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 9:06 pm

Cedar brushed the place where he tugged her hair. That wasn't something she dealt with easily. She liked her space and when someone invaded it without permission, so became annoyed.

She sighed a little as they started looking about. Most of what they caught was nothing but elderly folk. There was no one who fit the description of a god. She started wondering if there really was one close to the city or not.

"This is becoming tiring," she said, mostly to herself.

A long while passed before Moegami had reached out, tugging at her sleeve. She blinked, glancing at him. Like a bit of a child, he was already pointing out the white haired person.

All at once, Cedar brightened a little. "They're really here?" she stated, "Uhh...maybe we should find someone first, one of the warriors to send word to Waka?"

Moegami didn't seem to have that in mind at all however. He was already starting forward toward the woman. Cedar followed after, practically trotting to keep up with him. "Slow down," she called out quietly, "What if this one runs too?"

----[|X|]----

The day was a long one trying to find information about the ferry. Someone had been sent out long before the morning. Oki was grateful for the act in and of itself. It was already asking a lot of this little village.

From there, Oki settled on re-supplying what little they had.  He wanted to make sure they were prepared as they went. Oki wasn't sure of injuries but picked up some medical needs just in case. The path they were walking was a dangerous one whether the two gods were aware of it or not.

When he felt he had settled on enough, he went to find Mari. She'd been spotted up near the great tree so Oki headed in that direction. It didn't take long for him to spot her.

"You are feeling better, I take it," Oki called out, coming to a halt beside her, "You were so tired earlier. I thought you might fall asleep were you sat."

When he got his answer, he spared a nod. He was glad she was up and on her feet again. Oki was about to speak when he was cut off.

"Oki," Derek's voice called out. Oki turned, catching sight of the god as well as a woman following after. His eyes widened a little when he noticed this woman was a part of the Oina. "I uh...Akane wanted to talk to you, if that's alright."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 8:44 pm

Blake wasn’t very fond of the idea of seeking out someone under Waka just to send word to that weirdo. This woman was drunk and there was no telling where the hell she’d be going next. For all they know she might just leave the city altogether and make this hunt worthless.

Waving Cedar away, Blake waltzed up to the drunkard and her unwilling friend. It really looked to him that the woman wanted any excuse to get away anyways; Blake could provide that much.

“Hey, aren’t you overdoing it with the drinking?” Blake asked, tucking a hand in his sash in lieu of having pockets.

The woman blinked up at him with bleary gray eyes, looking as if she was having trouble focusing on him. Eventually she grinned brightly, raising her sake cup to him as if offering him the drink. Blake didn’t reach out for it.

”Ahh, don’t ya know a little drinkin’ never hurt anyone!” she protested, sloshing some of her drink out of the little cup. Her words were slurred and her face red.

Blake shook his head, turning to raise an eyebrow at Cedar. Only then did he turn back to this supposed god woman. She really didn’t inspire much confidence in her, even if this god stuff was true. ’Then again I’m apparently one too. Whoever picked us made bad choices,’ he scoffed to himself.

----[x]----
As she’d told Oki she might take to doing, Mari had taken the short trip up to the large guardian tree that stood watch over Kamiki Village. Not many were up here making for a quiet place to nap. The scent of the tree’s many blossoms was calming and it was easy for Mari to doze off in the sun, listening to the nearby birds chattering away.

However long she napped Mari couldn’t say but eventually she did wake, swearing that she heard someone talking nearby. When she glanced around all she spotted were the birds however. She put the thought from her mind and instead took to admiring the place in greater detail now that she’d gotten some sleep.

She didn’t get long to do just that before a familiar voice called out to her. Blinking in the direction of it she spotted Oki nearing, Whatever he’d gone on to do for the day must have been completed if he’d come to seek her out now.

“Y-yeah, it’s a little weird. I slept all night but it’s like I didn’t,” Mari admitted, feeling a little silly about it. “It’s probably nothing though.”

Before Oki could respond to that—it looked to Mari like he’d mulled it over first anyways—Itegami’s voice reached them, drawing that topic to a halt. Mari was surprised to see the woman trailing behind him, a mask that marked her as one of the Oina covering her face from view. Mari remained seated where she was, glancing between Oki and this Akane girl.

Akane spared a polite nod, hands clasped before her.
“I was wondering if you could tell me what Sir Derek meant by the things happening in Wep’keer.”

Mari glanced at Itegami, eyebrow raised. From the look that crossed his face he wasn’t fond of this ‘Sir’ business.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 11:14 pm

Moegami had strode up to the woman with confidence, ignoring Cedar's suggestion. She didn't find much fondness in that but what could she do? Leave him with this other god and find someone herself? Waka wouldn't care for that.

She followed a little, glancing at the white haired woman. Cedar had little doubt that this was another god. The problem was she was currently so drunk, it actually worried her a bit.

"Umm...I really think we should get someone," Cedar tried to press again.

What were they supposed to do? Try to convince this woman in her drunken state that she was some kind of god? That could easily have led to worse things.

"Lady, you're going to hurt someone if you keep it up at this rate," Cedar said, glancing at the woman.

Despite this, she downed another cup full, leaving Cedar shaking her head. She had no stomach for drinking and couldn't understand how this woman put it away so easily. It certainly wasn't doing her any good.

----[|X|]----

What she had to say worried him a little. She had slept through the night, as she claimed, but she didn't look any better. Oki wasn't sure if it was some strange illness or something else. He tried to shove it aside for now.

"We will keep an eye on it," he answered, "That is the most we can do."

The conversation didn't go further than that. He turned to the new pair of voices, having been shocked to find one of his own people here. The young woman was quick to ask what had happened in the village. Oki was hesitant to explain.

"She already knows some of it," Derek said, crossing his arms over his chest. He looked away, his gaze cast downward a little, "I didn't meant to let it slip out. Sorry."

Oki studied him for a long moment before waving the reply off. There was nothing to be done about it now. What had been said was said. She had a right to know as it was.

"It is hard to say what has happened," he finally answered, "A dark mist overtook the village, turning those who did not escape to stone. Myself and Derek were amoung the few that had fled. It has been our mission to seek out the other gods and seal away this darkness that is spreading through the lands."

The explanation was simple and to the point. Oki couldn't even say he knew what had caused it. All he did know was they needed the power of the gods to defend them once more.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 8:06 am

Cedar had tried to say something though Blake didn’t catch it before he’d started talking to that drunken woman. Her partner seemed to take this as an excuse to leave, shooting Blake a grateful look. He didn’t spare her much attention, half-afraid this drunk might just run off or throw something at him. He wasn’t sure what kind of a drunk this lady was going to be, after all.

”Nah, nah~! You could use some sake yourself! Enjoy life a little!” she slurred in answer, raising her sake cup in a toast to this.

Blake rolled his eyes at this. At least the drunken woman wasn’t about to bolt or attack. “Jesus Christ, someone needs to make this shit easier,” he grumbled under his breath.

He wasn’t sure what it was but there was some heavy weight settling in on his chest. It was subtle, Blake wasn’t even sure when he’d first started feeling it but it was increasing. ’Maybe this is what animals feel when a storm’s rollin’ in,’ Blake thought very briefly. When he glanced at the drunken woman he couldn’t tell if she felt it too or not though Cedar looked worried.

’She’s always worried about something stupid,’ Blake reasoned, shaking the thought and feeling away soon after. Now wasn’t the time. He’d worry about that feeling later.

“You want somethin’ else to drink? We might have something back at the house,” Blake offered, glancing meaningfully at Cedar. If she was half as smart as Waka kept jabbering on about then she’d pick up on the plan.

----[x]----
Aside from Oki saying that they’d keep an eye on this strange sleepiness of Mari’s there wasn’t a chance to delve into the topic further. Itegami and this Akane woman had shown up, drawing attention to them and the plight that Wep’keer currently faced. Mari sobered at that, waiting for Oki to say something. It was only when Itegami admitted that he’d told Akane something id Oki explain.

Akane stood by quietly, presumably taking in this information and mulling it over. At one point she’d taken to nodding and Mari imagined it was a thoughtful gesture. Several long minutes passed before she’d answer however.

”I see… If that is the case then I will keep an eye out for any other gods on my travels and let them know what has happened,” Akane said eventually, a confidence in her voice that betrayed her previous silence.

“Why don’t you just travel with us?” Mari offered.

Akane shook her head, holding up a hand as if to ward off any offense this denial would bring.
“That’s okay, it might be better this way. With more groups we’ll cover more ground, Lady—er—Yumigami…?”

Mari nodded, still feeling a little awkward with using that name. If it helped get Wep’keer and its people the help they needed then Mari would put her feelings on the matter aside. “Oh, uh… okay then.”
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 10:05 pm

Cedar wasn't sure what was making her feel so anxious. There was a heaviness that settling in her chest. She tried to push it off, only sparing a wary glance around her. Maybe it was just her imagination.

The drunken woman didn't relent even as Cedar argued with her. She shouldn't have expected this woman to however. Cedar in no means had dealt with someone this drunk before. Sure, Mari got tipsy once in a while but not hammered.

Moegami took the lead instead, offering a place for the drunken god to drink something else. He gave her a knowing look. It didn't take Cedar long to catch onto the plan.

"Oh yea," she said, "I'm sure there's something around. Maybe you're hungry too? We could get you something to eat."

Cedar shuffled her weight a little. The pressing feeling continued to press against her chest. Her heart pounded hard against her ribs in response. She cleared her throat, sharing a glance with Moegami. She couldn't exactly ask if he felt what she did. It would be too obvious.

"It's not at all that far," she pressed, "It'll be fun!"

----[|X|]----

Oki studied the two of them. He wasn't sure how much information he could part with. There wasn't even that much to really say. He could only hope that she wouldn't get into trouble on her own. Oki did take some relief knowing that some of his people were fine, however.

"Are you certain?" he asked her.

Even Mari seemed a little surprised that Akane would want to move on alone. She might have been used to traveling alone. Whatever she was looking for so far from home was her business.

"If you would rather head out on your own, then I hope we cross paths again," he said with a nod.

Glancing at Derek, he watched the young man shuffle his weight. He ducked his head as if nervous. Derek finally cleared his throat.

"We're headed to Agata after this," he said and rubbed the back of his neck, "So maybe we'll see you there..."

Oki tipped his head slightly. He didn't read too much into it, not when he could embarrass Derek. He merely glanced back toward Mari, offering a shrug of his shoulders. Who knew if this young man had found infatuation in this girl.

"I am hoping to lead the other gods toward the city," Oki further explained, "I am hoping someone will be there who can help explain what is happening. if you point any god in that direction or even lead them there, it would be a great help."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 9:27 pm

It took her a minute or two but Cedar eventually did chime in, following his lead. Blake was glad for it, the last thing he needed was for this drunk to realize they were just trying to keep her somewhere until Waka got back. Blake hated to admit it but Waka knew more about this crap then he did; Blake just assumed he’d know what to do about this one too.

The drunk blinked up at them, turning from one to the other and looking dazed. Blake tried not to let his impatience show though he was sure it was obvious. He was never very good at hiding that sort of thing.

Eventually, the drunk spoke up after she’d scrunched up her nose,
“Eatin’ isn’t fun!” She raised her cup, sloshing a bit of sake down the side of it. “This is fun!”

Blake heaved a sigh at that, pinching the bridge of his nose. This nameless drunk seemed to be mixing things up, maybe only half-listening to them as it was. This rode on his patience quickly, especially when that feeling of dread was building in his chest fast.

“Yeah, well—“ Blake caught himself off as he’d glanced up. There was a dark shape rising up from what looked like the nearby canal, water dripping off of its body. His breath caught in his throat as storm clouds erupted overhead, obscuring the blue sky and pouring rain down in a matter of seconds.

Ducking his head and throwing his arms up to shield himself pitifully, Blake tried to fight off the weakness that followed getting this wet, the raindrops feeling oppressive. There was something like a loud hiss that sounded out before yells from around them filled his ears.

”O-Oi! What’s that thing?!”

----[x]----

Oki seemed hesitant on Akane traveling on her own to find the other gods as well. The woman stood resolute, shaking her head. It wasn’t hard to imagine an equally determined look behind that horse mask of hers. It wasn’t until Itegami spoke up did Akane answer however.

”Agata Forest…? I’ll keep that in mind. Maybe I’ll poke around Shinshu Field first before I go any further out,” Akane mused out loud.

Mari glanced to Oki, offering a shrug of her own in response to his. It looked like Itegami didn’t want to let Akane just run off without seeing her again though Mari couldn’t say for sure. This was the first time she’d seen Akane much less seeing Itegami acting like this. For all she knew he was just being a broody teenager again.

”I think I can manage that much. May the spirits of the air, earth and sea keep you all safe,” Akane said, a note of fondness in her voice. She didn’t wait any longer before giving a small bow and hurrying off down the slope into the heart of Kamiki again.

It was quiet between the three of them after that for a short time. Mari eventually shook her head, pigtails swaying with the motion, as she broke the silence; “She seemed nice.”
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 10:48 pm

Cedar's shoulders sagged a little. It seemed like the drunken god wasn't going to falter so easily. She should have expected as such. It took days to even find Moegami and sway his side. She just hoped every god wasn't so difficult.

She couldn't say much in retaliation. Moegami was already scolding the woman and even then, it wasn't harsh. He just appeared annoyed. Whatever else could be said was interrupted.

Cedar's heart pounded against her chest at the sight. How could something like that get into the city so subtly? A weight seemed to press on her chest, making it hard to breath.

Rain cascaded from the storm clouds. She turned quickly to the others. Before she could even shout for them to run, she was swept up from the group. No one had a chance to stop this thing in the panic.

Cedar could barely shout much less scream at the assailant who had taken her. Her breath caught in her throat in reaction to the speed this thing moved at.

"Stop!" she finally managed to shout, "Let me go!"

Despite her struggles and protests, this thing wouldn't release her. She was powerless to stop it, god or not. All of the times she felt so helpless didn't even compare to now.

----[|X|]----

Akane was steadfast in what she would do. Whatever help they could have offered was waved away. She wanted to move on on her own and Oki wouldn't stop her. For all intents and purposes, that wasn't his business.

Derek didn't seem as sure as Oki was on the matter. The young man shot Akane glances as if he wanted to say something. In the end, he had only spared a nod.

Akane was quick to depart, heading back for the field as she said she would do. Oki could only hope that she ran into one of the gods on her travels. Now that they were alone, it was strangely silent until Mari spoke up.

"She was," Oki answered her, "I am glad to know that some of my people have survived. Akane met some good luck, traveling as she is now."

"Yea, some luck that is," Derek replied, "Unless we get moving again, who knows what will happen. That dark cloud could swallow up this whole place in days for all we know."

While there was an air of truth to his words, something more seemed to be bothering Derek. Oki shook his head, ignoring those words for the time being.

"As true as it is, we do not know if the ferry has been repaired," Oki pointed out instead, "I haven't heard a thing all day. We are stuck here until we can find another route to Agata or the ferry is fixed."

Derek simply huffed in answer. Whatever was on his mind was his alone for the time being, it seemed.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 3:03 pm

It had taken time to locate the candidate, the power within her so weak to begin with, but Nuregami had managed it all the same. Eventually that power had begun to grow and with this event Nuregami had been able to pinpoint the new god, the one that was intended to take her place. ’Absolutely not! I retract such consent on this matter and decision!’ The thought raced through her muddled head, the only thought that made sense anymore since falling from the Celestial Plains…

The candidate was trying to get away, screaming for help and to be let go. Nuregami would have hissed if her jaws were not what kept this candidate from falling and possibly getting away. All the same Nuregami tightened her hold on this frail woman, a silent threat to quiet down.

The noise around them died off in a matter of time. Nuregami was quiet large now-a-days, boosted by some strange power that muddied her thoughts and sent her on edge more times than she cared to recall. All the same, with this strength she would not allow this upstart to take her place no matter what Amaterasu had led them into doing this time.

Though her mouth was full, the candidate still struggling, Nuregami focused on speaking. It didn’t require much movement of her mouth, not in this form of hers. Gods were capable of a great many things after all.

”You have much to answer for.”

The statement seemed to hang in the air long after Nuregami had said it even as she slithered quickly, out of her bottle for the first time in years. She had to get to the sea, into the water where she was safest and where she could take this little candidate and lock her away until she could find a suitable way to deal with her for daring to try to take Nuregami’s role.

----[x]----

The relief Oki must have felt to know that at least one other person from his tribe was safe from Wep’keer’s fate was easy enough to imagine. Mari hadn’t been able to bring herself to wonder about anyone still somehow un-petrified in Wep’keer and how they must be trying to stay safe. The thought didn’t come with any sort of answers.

All the same, this relief didn’t seem to resonate with Itegami. Mari glanced between him and Oki, brow furrowing. Just this morning Itegami had been fairly content as far as Mari knew—what had changed?

“Ite, don’t make me smack the attitude outta you,” Mari warned half-heartedly. It was even less serious given the way she attempted to stifle a yawn partway through.

Despite any kind of rebuttal she got out of Itegami, Mari rose to her feet and brushed the dirt and grass from her coat and kimono. She was sure that a few bugs might’ve crawled over here or into her clothes at some point during her nap as well though they seemed to have been brushed away or had already left of their own volition. Only when she’d tended to this did she let her hands fall to her side, coat sleeves falling over them and all but the tips of her fingers hidden from view.

“Besides, if it comes near enough you two might be able to spot it in time to get people away this time,” Mari pointed out. “Though I like to think it’s not gonna happen.”
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 8:35 pm

Despite her struggles and shouts, the beast refused to loosen it's grip. Instead, Cedar was met with a tightening of it. She resisted a shout of protest though did not stop trying to escape. Whatever this thing was, it had her tight in it's jaws.

"I said let me go, you overgrown excuse for a garter snake!" she shouted again, trying to pull herself out of it's grasp.

Cedar didn't know what to do. This being, whatever it was, controlled the storm far more so than Cedar had ever managed. Her own conjured storms were bouts of emotions that rained down on the land. She didn't know how to control them. Maybe this thing knew that.

When it spoke somehow, Cedar didn't question it, the words were menacing ones. She wasn't even sure what the snake meant by them. All she knew was this she-snake had grabbed her out of the blue.

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Cedar protested, trying to get a hold of something, anything that could pull her out of the snakes mouth. The surface of the snakes body was so smooth, she couldn't get a hold of anything. "I don't even know what - or who you are! I have nothing to answer to from you so let me go!"

Cedar felt helpless, her heart pounding hard against her ribs. Questions ran through her mind a mile per minute. She just hoped Moegami could at least send a message to Waka fast. He might have seemed like a joker half the time but he would know what to do.

----[|X|]----

Oki didn't want to get into any problems with Derek now. The young man had calmed so nicely since Mari had spoken with him. This attitude arising again was a little alarming. He tried not to question where Derek's mood might have come from.

"Come now," he said after Mari had spoken, "She is more likely to do it then I would."

Oki was disciplined but he had no right to order a god around. When it came to spats between Mari and Derek, he'd left them be. It was better that they work those kinds of things out between themselves.

"She is right as it is. If you worry for Akane, please don't be. My people are part beast. We know how to take care of ourselves, even at a young age." Oki pressed.

Despite this, Derek merely grumbled in response. Oki shrugged his shoulders lightly. In time, perhaps Derek's mood would come about.

"Perhaps we should head back?" Oki suggested, glancing at Mari, "You still look a little tired, like you haven't slept all night or day."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:21 am

Nuregami moved swiftly, covering much ground in the span of several minutes. Already the city was behind her, leaving in her wake a terror of the black god that had slithered through and stolen the candidate that had arrived to take her place. Nuregami would find a safe place far away to deal with this matter at her leisure.

The candidate’s hands were scrambling for something, pushing and grabbing though there was little that she could grab on Nuregami’s body to get out. Her hold was tight around that woman anyways, even if she could lodge her fingers into Nuregami’s scales and try to weasel her way out. Nuregami would not allow this.

”In due time,” Nuregami snapped, feeling her patience lessen. It had used to be such an endless wealth but nowadays the simplest of things could send her thoughts racing angrily. ”You’ve stolen much from me, however unwittingly it might originally have been.”

The sea was in sight already, Nuregami’s lithe form making short work of the distance. The sand was soft along her belly though a brief feeling before she broke the water’s surface, ignoring the candidate’s screams. She had stolen Nuregami’s power, however small a portion it was for the time being. The candidate would be fine. Nuregami had to resist a scoff at that.

The water pressing in on all sides was a familiar feeling, a comforting one. It helped to calm her thoughts though they were still hard to focus on. Nuregami did little to wonder about it.

----[x]----
Mari couldn’t help but to stick her tongue out a little playfully when Oki mentioned that she’d be the most likely to carry out doing anything against Itegami. It didn’t seem to faze Itegami much though Mari couldn’t hear what he’d grumbled under his breath. Maybe Oki had considering his hearing seemed to be better than hers. If he had he didn’t mention anything about it.

“Being part beast sounds super beneficial,” Mari noted. ’Kinda cool too.’

Though she was supposed to be some kind of a god Mari couldn’t say what all about her was as helpful as the sorts of thing the Oina could do. They all had such good hearing and senses of smell for one. Though she’d been told she was supposed to be some kind of a rabbit and that it was possible she had those benefits at her disposal Mari hadn’t noticed anything really noticeable.

That wasn’t entirely true, she reflected. She did seem to be able to smell better though she’d chalked that up to her sinuses clearing up in this cleaner air. Still, the scent of those giant cherry trees was so prominent that she wasn’t sure she could always chalk it up to that.

Mari’s thoughts were broken when Oki spoke again, mentioning how tired she must have looked. For a second or two she blinked, mulling it over. Another nap sounded enticing though not really necessary. Still, it wasn’t like they had much to do in this village either until they had some way to get to Agata Forest.

“Do I?” She swiped at her eye, wondering how noticeable the bags under her eyes must be or if she just had an oily complexion due to lack of sleep.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 1:01 am

The she-snake hiss again, quieting Cedar for a moment. What she said was unsettling. Cedar had no idea what this thing wanted or why. She'd been swept up for seemingly no reason.

"I haven't taken anything from you!" Cedar argued! 'At least not that I know of.'

Cedar didn't even recall seeing this giant snake. All she recalled was home and then waking up on that beach. After that, all of this nonsense just rolled in. She could do nothing to change that.

Her thoughts came still when she noticed the water. Her heart seemed to skip a beat. The snake was heading straight toward it. Did this thing intend to drown Cedar.

"What are you doing?!" she protested, again trying to claw for something to hold. Water was rising quickly around her, causing her to surge into panic. "I can't swim! I can't breath under there! Stop!"

Her protests went unheeded and the water rose above her head. Cedar gasped for one big gulp of air, holding it. Her chest felt heavy as the she-snake swam deeper.

Cedar wasn't sure how long she held her breath until she finally gave in. She expected water to rush into her mouth and lungs. Instead, she found this didn't happen, that somehow, she could breath under the water.

"What...?" she muttered to herself, half ignoring her situation. She wasn't sure how it was possible but it had happened. Cedar couldn't be sure if she was grateful for that fact or not.

----[|X|]----

Oki spared her a smile as she spoke up. It was brief thing, as if she was defending him before she quieted again. For all he knew, it was an absentminded thing. Either way, he didn't mind.

The silence was back again though it was a peaceful kind. Oki let Derek calm a little in that silence. Whatever was bothering him had hit hard again. Being so young, no doubt it was difficult to deal with emotions.

Focused turned to Mari sometime after. She swiped at her eyes again. Didn't she notice how tired she seemed?

"You look dead on your feet," Derek pointed out. He crossed his arms over his chest before continuing, "You sure you're not sick or something?"

"I do not think gods can become ill," Oki pointed out, "But they can be assailed by weaknesses, whatever Mari's might be."

Derek raised a brow at that.
"Well that's comforting."

It was easy to wave off the young mans words. Oki was already starting down the path again. The day wasn't yet out but standing around wasn't doing him much good.

"I think a little more sleep might do Mari some good," Oki suggested, "Unless she wants to fall asleep on her own two feet."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 5:57 am

Before she’d sunk below the surface entirely Nuregami heard this woman suck in a deep breath. Whatever that candidate had been protesting to was forgotten now. Honestly, Nuregami was only halfway paying attention to the woman’s cries; they were but feeble excuses.

Underwater the candidate at least stopped trying to scramble and scratch for a way out of Nuregami’s mouth. Enlarged by the power within her, however new and fearsome it was, this woman didn’t stand a chance of getting away from her. It was an easy task to keep her jaws latched around the woman.

It was a task that was easier said than done when she heard the candidate of hers muttering in confusion. Anger roiled through Nuregami like a tidal wave and it was hard to keep it in check. It would be so easy to just swallow up the candidate now and—

’No. It has be done on my chosen terms, not by anger!’ This thought was enough to stay her impulsive thought.

”Useless girl!” Nuregami accused instead. ”You steal what is mine and do not even know how to use it!”

Despite this new information Nuregami did not slow. Her body easily slid through the watery depths, the pressure doing little to slow her down. This was her domain, nothing here could slow her.

----[x]----

Surprisingly, it was Itegami who spoke up concerning Mari’s question. With the mood he’d delved back into she hadn’t expected him to talk much more than he had to. Perhaps he’d taken her teasing threat seriously though Mari hoped that was the case. She’d just said it to try to lighten the mood a little.

All of that didn’t matter for the moment however. It seemed like Mari’s wellbeing was the primary focus now. It was a little flattering to be focused on like this even if Mari felt fine, if a little drowsy still.

“I don’t feel sick,” Mari started carefully, glancing down at herself as if that would somehow make it all clearer to her. Needless to say that it did not.

It was a strange sense of relief when Oki mentioned that gods supposedly never grew sick. If this was all the case then Mari could at least enjoy that much. She’d always been plagued by allergies as it was and since arriving in this place straight out of time she’d never felt better in that regard. If that trend continued Mari wouldn’t complain.

She started after Oki, drawn from her thoughts as he’d began walking, noting that he almost sounded teasing of the possibility that she might just fall asleep where she stood. Mari shook her head at that, a playful roll of the eyes following this.

“I have two strapping men right here if that happens,” she teased back. “One of you could just carry me to Kushi’s!”

That last bit was directed more towards Oki then to Itegami though Mari tried not to outwardly show this much. Oki might’ve taken steps to be affectionate with her while they were ostensibly alone but it was made clear to her that he was still very much scared about what people would do or say to him if it was made public. Though Mari thought this was a little ridiculous she’d respect his feelings on that matter.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 3:49 pm

Cedar's heart still raced. How she could breath under the waves was a mystery to her. She decided not to panic about it, or at least try not to. This whole situation left her a mess however.

The snake hissed her again. She didn't understand it. What did she steal from this snake that made it so dire? The only thing was these strange powers.

"I didn't have a choice in that matter!" she argued instead, "I wanted to go home, that's all! I didn't ask for this god business! It was just dumped on me!"

Cedar felt it was true. Despite this, the snake continued to swim deeper into the water. It was hard to even catch the sunlight in the darker areas of the water. She wasn't sure how far down this snake planned to go.

The snake didn't seem to be listening to Cedar. She continued to swim deeper. Wherever she was heading, Cedar could only try to prepare herself for the worst.

----[|X|]----

It really was a concern that she looked so tired. Whatever was going on with her, Oki could only assume. He didn't know so much about the gods. The stories he'd grown up with could only get him so far, after all.

The two of them had finally started down the path with him. At least no one was arguing. Most of the day was going by peacefully and he wanted it to remain that way.

The flattery in her tone left him chuckling a little bit. At least she was looking on the bright side of things. Her mood had improved considerably since she had started traveling.

"I believe we can manage that much," he answered, "You certainly don't seem to be against a thought like that."

Near him, he could hear Derek scoff lightly. Whatever was on the boys mind, he didn't quite say yet. Oki hoped the light humor helped his mood.

"I don't think I can manage it," he added, "I can leave that to Oki. I'll just keep guard. Sound good enough?"

Oki chuckled a little, waving the gods words off. At least everyone seemed to be in a better mood. As they walked down the hill that led back to the main part of the village, the air felt lighter. He was glad for it.

"I believe that will do if Mari has no protests," Oki jested in return, "Though, she has done no such thing as of yet.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 6:38 am

Anger coursed through Nuregami’s body as the candidate denied taking what was hers. Nuregami’s powers had weakened considerably for some time before being bolstered immensely. The memories were foggy and anytime that Nuregami tried to recall them something seemed to be missing.

It didn’t matter though. She had the candidate who’d touched the scroll Kasugami had made, who’d taken her powers.

Nuregami clamped down harder on the candidate, just enough to be painful as she continued the short journey. The island she took this woman to was in the distance from the shore and though she felt safer at the bottom of the sea she couldn’t be sure that any number of things might try to snatch her prey from her. Nuregami still had yet to deem an acceptable punishment after all.

Though the woman struggled once on land again Nuregami still managed to slip her into her old bottle. The water inside was inviting but now was not the time. Keeping this woman here, at this island and unable to run was more important. Nuregami could debate on a punishment at her leisure now.

”You will be dealt with in time,” Nuregami hissed before slipping away. She could hide in the watery depths nearby and plan in peace.

----[x]----

A tired chuckle escaped her as Itegami protested carrying her. She wasn’t a heavy woman but then Itegami didn’t really look all that strong either. Really, the teen was wiry and seemed like he hadn’t been very active before arriving in Nippon. Mari could relate to that.

“I think I can live with that,” Mari admitted finally. Honestly, she’d rather Oki carry her anyways if it came down to that.

It was a short trip to Kushi’s home, the village not at all very large. Honestly, it seemed to Mari like Wep’keer had been bigger but maybe that had been with how the village there had been laid out over the terrain. This was a passing observation, forgotten when Kushi had glanced up from her rice fields to wave at them.

Inside Mari wasted no time in tugging out the ties holding her hair into the messy pigtails. They were uncomfortable to lay on but she’d been so tired the night before that it had hardly bothered her enough to make her see to it. Whatever Oki and Itegami might get up to while she napped wasn’t something she could accurately guess at. Maybe they both just wanted to wind down a little as well for all she knew.

“If anything happens, wake me up, okay?” she said, stifling a yawn afterwards. “And little Ite better practice his drawing today too!”

Only when she received an answer did Mari go to the spot she’d slept at before, burying into the borrowed blanket. The mask Lika had made her was placed carefully by her pillow, unwilling to let it break just because she was tired.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 11:26 am

Cedar could do nothing more than let what happened happen. She couldn't fight against this large snake. The she-snake spoke such nonsense. Cedar didn't understand it.

A loud yelp left her as the snake tightened her grip around Cedar's body. It looked like she was tired of being gentle. Cedar could only endure it until the she-snake left the water. The relief didn't last long however.

Her eyes widened at the large bottle settled upon the island. The snake slipped Cedar inside, the water surrounding her somehow inviting. It might have settled Cedar any other time.

"I have nothing to be punished for you crazy serpent!" she spat at the large white snake.

The insult went ignored as the snake slipped back into the oceans depths. Cedar was left alone, trapped inside this glass bottle. Her heart thudded hard against her rib cage. Reaching out, she touched the glass. It was cool against her hand.

"What am I supposed to do now?" she asked herself? There was no answer she could find. Cedar found she could only wait. Day soon slipped into night. Despite herself, she was anxious just wanting to know what would happen.

----[|X|]----

The trip back to the village was a short one. On occasion, Oki would spare a glance back. She made sure Mari was at least still on her feet. The woman looked so tired. Worry ate away at the pit of his stomach. Was something really wrong?

He put it aside for the time being. As they entered Kushi's home, he easily waved off the questioning look. He assumed she had noticed how tired Mari had appeared.

"I will do that," he had told her. Beside him, Derek merely nodded, having already sat down for the time being.

"I guess I've got no choice now," he replied, "That sounds like an order."

Oki chuckled in response, sitting down for  a short time as well. Mari had said nothing more. In fact, she slipped right off into a deep sleep. That left Oki to ponder just why this happened.

Throughout the rest of the day, Oki spent time trying to figure out word on the bridge. Of course, it would take some time to get word back. It was about a days trip if no one ran into trouble.

He found himself anxious regardless of that. With Mari slipping off into such deep bouts of sleep and no bridge to cross, they were stuck here. Oki had a mission. He wanted to see it through. For now, they were stuck in the village until the days passed and word came through.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 12:04 pm

It had taken time to track down a pair of water tablets, unwilling to let the two gods still in his care remain here. If a large, dark snake had run off with Cedar who knew what would happen to the other two if he left them alone? Waka wasn’t about to chance it. Once he’d procured the tablets it was all a matter of heading off in the direction of the shoreline, knowing that they’d get Cedar back safely but unsure of what kind of damage might be done in the process.

He shook his head, clearing his thoughts away. He had to coax Moegami and Kasugami along with him now, to try stepping on the water and assuring them that they would not sink. They were unsure of such things however, killing more time than they had.

All the same, Waka somehow managed it, spending little time in humoring the two as they gawked at this new development. They had no more time to waste; Cedar was captive on that island out there and they had to get her back safely. Waka’s heart hammered hard in his chest as they made the trek, day turning into night before they knew it. It was only by the light of the moon, glittering off the waves, did they find their way, stepping onto the sandy shore carefully.

The dark snake was nowhere to be seen yet and this worried Waka. “Tread carefully and quietly,” he advised, glancing over his shoulder at the two gods with him. “There is no reason for either of you to fall into a trap if it’s not necessary!”

”Why would it ever be necessary?” Moegami scoffed.

Before Waka could answer Kasugami beat him to it, slapping a hand over Moegami’s back and looking oddly cheerful. Perhaps she’d had yet to sober.
“You never know!”

The sand shifted beneath his feet, making it a little difficult to walk in his sandals. Waka paid it minimal attention, already scanning the tree line nearby. Cedar was here somewhere; it was merely finding the precise location he’d foreseen hours ago.

----[x]----

Mari didn’t have any idea how long she slept only that it was dark by the time she did wake. Even still, she didn’t move right away. For a long moment she remained still, cuddled up under the blankets and trying to doze off yet again. Her eyelids still felt heavy and more sleep sounded quiet appealing through she couldn’t quite manage it right away.

With a groan she sat up, feeling chilly as the blanket fell off of her. Glancing around proved that everyone else had already gone to bed as well, leaving her awake alone for the time being. She shook her head. ’Now what?’ Lighting something to see by seemed rude, it could wake any of them up, and she might be too noisy anyways in this drowsy state she was still in.

Quietly she slipped out of the borrowed blankets and headed towards the door. She could at least sit outside for a short while and get some air. Hopefully she wouldn’t fall asleep out there…

Mari shook the thought off. If she did oh well, it wasn’t like she was managing to fall asleep fast enough in here right now. Maybe it was because she’d just woken up, in time she’d be able to nap again.

Once outside she seated herself on the grass carefully, the night air chilly though she tried not to be bothered. The short length of her clothes left her legs bared to the elements and she could feel goosebumps on her arms. ’Oh well…’
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 12:39 pm

The time passed very slowly for Cedar. She had tried everything she could to work her way out of the bottle. No amount of hitting it helped. She even swam up to the top and tried to push the cork out. It didn't budge.

When nothing had worked, she merely sat down and waited. She couldn't think of any way to get out. At some point, she had decided to try and tap into this power of hers.

She spent hours trying to get something to react. Cedar had held out hope this strange bottle would have helped. When she was looking for it on her own decision, it didn't bother her so much. Being shoved in it like she was now didn't make her so happy.

Despite her feeling so tired, she stayed awake. Part of her was too afraid of falling asleep. What if that snake came back when she was unconscious?

Her mind so unsettled, she kicked the glass in frustration. "Come on!" she shouted, "What kind of giant water snake shoves someone in a bottle and leaves?!"

Cedar's temper was flaring. She didn't often like letting herself lose it but there were times when she was so impatient, she couldn't help herself. Hours passing like this was nothing left her distressed. She merely felt this was an appropriate response.

----[|X|]----

Time had passed slowly. Mari slept straight through a meal and long into the night. When Oki turned in, he expected her to simply sleep straight through the rest of the night. He was roused by her movements however. She groaned shortly before sitting up.

He lay there for a long moment, simply figuring she would fall asleep again. Instead, she had gotten up. She walked out the door shortly afterward. Oki remained there for a long moment. Eventually, he got up and followed after.

A long yawn left him. Before he sat down, he ruffled his messy hair. The only light was that of the moon and perhaps a torch or two lit around the village.

"I half expected you to sleep through the entire night," he spoke up, "You were dead to the world."

It was a concerning problem. They had no idea why it was happening either. Oki needed to figure out what caused such deep sleep in Mari. If this kept up, it could very well leave her in vulnerable states.

"Are you hungry? I believe Kushi may have left something for you."

They had all been concerned. Kushi was kind enough to put something aside for later if Mari needed it. She was a fussy woman, Oki found. It was a little endearing to see her worry so much over the gods.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 1:00 pm

Though they looked over their starting point thoroughly there were no easily found traces as to where the snake had brought Cedar. Waka feared the worst but his predictions had yet to be wrong. They would find Cedar but if she was uninjured or not was another question entirely.

From the corner of his eye he spotted Kasugami raising her head, her and Moegami’s hair bright in the darkness. They were easy to spot but nothing had come after them yet. Waka thanked their stars for that.

”I think I hear something… It’s that way,” Kasugami stated simply, sounding as if she was tired. All the same she’d pointed in the direction of the sound and they started off.

Their pace was quick, set by Waka. If either god had problems about this they had yet to voice them and Waka was thankful for this. They didn’t have time to goof around or cause problems for each other. Cedar had no real control of her powers and though gods were powerful in their own right they could still be wounded and even killed…

The thought was driven from his mind as something large caught his eye some yards away. Moonlight shone off of what seemed to be a rounded glass surface. Upon closer inspection Waka realized that he recognized that glass bottle, a large cork shoved in the top of it and a golden decoration shining in the moon’s rays around the bottom of it.

“It looks like we’ve struck pay dirt, non?” Waka pointed out, making a beeline for the bottle. Inside was the white-haired figure of Cedar, alive and unhurt.

”Talk about a pain in the ass. What the hell happened?” Moegami griped, scratching at his head.

----[x]----

Some minutes passed on her own like that and she merely listened to the wind passing by, the sound of nighttime insects on it. It sounded so much louder than normal, was it just because it was quiet here? Mari couldn’t say for sure. Maybe Oki’d had a point all those weeks ago.

She was drawn out of her thoughts when someone sat beside her. Blinking over at him Mari smiled drowsily at Oki, a little flattered that he’d come out to sit with her. She hoped he hadn’t woken up because she’d been noisier than she’d thought though.

“There’s still plenty of time to sleep more, you know,” she pointed out easily, stifling a yawn. At the mention of food she shook her head, promising that she’d eat it in a bit. That was assuming she didn’t doze off where she sat of course.

Mari leaned against Oki, resting her head on his shoulder. She could feel him tense a little at the contact and hoped she wasn’t pushing anything. They might have kissed before but that had been out where they knew they were alone. Here, he might be wary about someone still being up and wandering through the village.

“Do you mind…?” she wondered carefully, blinking up at him. It was impossible to tell with that mask of his on. “You’re very warm, Oki.”

It was a comforting feeling, leaning against someone and feeling their warmth. Mari found that doubly so when it was Oki in particular.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 1:59 pm

Cedar wasn't sure how long she had spent hitting that glass bottle. Any shouting that could have echoed through it would have attracted some attention. She had doubts that anyone was out here.

She stopped eventually, her hands sore from trying to break the bottle. A heavy sigh left her. As she was about to sit down and give up again, movement caught the corner of her eye. Relief swelled through her when she noticed who it was.

"Oh thank goodness," she finally expressed, her heart beating with excitement. She was even relieved to see Moegami despite his snappish welcome, "You didn't seen the giant snake that took me?"

Cedar shook her head afterward. It had happened so fast, maybe he hadn't caught it. She waved it off a moment after.

"It doesn't matter. I just need to get out before she comes back," she urged, "She was on about some punishment. I don't even know what I did. The snake went back into the ocean hours ago."

They were no doubt pressed for time. Cedar especially wanted to leave as soon as possible. Who knew when that giant white snake might turn up and cause more havoc.

----[|X|]----

She didn't seem to have much interest in a meal. In fact, despite all the sleep she'd gotten, she still looked tired. Worry tugged at him once more. What was wrong that made her so tired?

He brushed it aside for a moment, smiling down at her. Tugging at his mask, he was a little more comfortable showing his face to her. The late night air felt nice on her cheeks.

"You have been sleeping quite enough," he pointed out in a teasing manner, "I believe you are starting to worry everyone."

She leaned against him a little. Oki tried not to tense though he knew he had. His mask would be easy to slip back on if someone passed by. This however was a little harder not to witness.

"Of course not," he answered her, sparing a smile down at her. His arm trailed over her back. She seemed to lean into him a little more.

Oki felt his heart sputter in reaction however. The contact was nice. He swallowed thickly, aware that he would have to fight against this awkwardness over time. Eventually, it would have disappeared. He just wanted her to feel comfortable as well.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 8:52 pm

Waka caught the way Moegami scowled at Cedar for her answer though Waka didn’t react to this. That bottle, he knew it well even if the occupant inside was not that of a large, beautiful white snake. Kasugami had drunkenly mentioned a snake taking Cedar away, slipping out of Sei-an City after grabbing her, did that mean Cedar was not actually Nuregami then?

”Of course, I did, dumbass. I meant how you got in that dumb bottle,” Moegami elaborated, arms crossed.

Kasugami neared the bottle, poking at the golden decorations at the bottom. She didn’t seem too alarmed by these things though Waka reasoned that might be the fact that she might be sobering and was beginning to have that overdue hangover. He didn’t dwell on it for now, already he was inspecting the cork in the bottle.

Unease settled in him though he masked it well with his expression. If he kept calm then none of the gods with him might panic, at least that’s what he hoped. If the bottle was here and the snake was gone, how long would it be until that snake returned?

“We have little time to waste—“ Anything else that he might have said was cut off as a hissing sound erupted behind him. For a second he froze before spinning around, katana in hand and Pillowtalk in the other, ready to wield both if need be.

Before them, rising far over their heads was the form of a large snake her jaws opened wide as the hissing continued. The scales that would have once been gleaming white looked to be darkening into a deep gray color but the crimson markings that wound down the sides and over her face were unmistakable.

“Nuregami?” Waka wondered, hesitating for a brief moment before shaking his head. “Kasugami, Moegami, do your best to free little Cedar right now.”

----[x]----

Mari was a little surprised when Oki took his mask off, his features bathed in moonlight. It wasn’t bright out however, the moon waning as it was. Still, it was enough to see by. Mari spared a warm smile Oki’s way, glad to see he must have been growing more comfortable being like this when they were alone.

“There’s never enough time for sleep in the world,” she joked back, taking things in stride. She’d try not to worry them though it was difficult to hide one’s sleepiness. It wasn’t like a mood that could be hidden with a smile or something.

When she leaned against him it took Oki a few seconds to relax a little though he still seemed awkward. Mari tried not to let it bother her, he’d expressed his worries about the two of them seeing each other and how others might react after all. It was understandable if not a little troubling.

All the same Oki smiled down at her, assuring her that it was fine. Mari beamed at him, cuddling into his side a little more as his hand trailed over her back. She slipped her arm around his waist in return.

“Was there any news about the bridge?” she wondered drowsily.

Perhaps someone had already gone out and was working on repairs today or maybe Mr. Orange hadn’t had much luck. Mari hoped it was something along the lines of the former possibility. They couldn’t remain here for long if there weren’t any others like her and Itegami here but finding an alternate route didn’t seem ideal either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|   |Okami| Demons |Reserved RP| - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

|Okami| Demons |Reserved RP|
Page 18 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next