AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Grenin10

[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 11:37 pm

Rue toyed with the edge of the parchment, listening to the storm outside briefly. Another crack of thunder had rumbled, long and loud before it faded away. The wind and rain replaced that sound quickly after.

She spared a small smile, nodding slightly in agreement after he'd spoken. There wasn't much to say to that so she didn't. Manuel seemed to accept the statement as it was and left it at that as well.

Out of the corner of his eye, she noticed him shift again. She couldn't imagine that the damp clothing was comfortable but he made no motion to ask for spares. Rue didn't mention it if he didn't ask himself.

She lifted her head when he spoke up again, asking about things aside from her visitors. Rue quietly mulled over the answer, wondering what was best to say. Things had more or less been quiet, she'd been off on her own and she didn't bother a great many. Of course, there were short walks but she still couldn't take the heat even after these few weeks. In the very least, her breathing hadn't been as bad but her knee ached on many occasions.

"Quiet," she replied after several moments. "I think I've exhausted all of Hilary's books. Still hate the humidity but my knee hasn't given out yet, so I won't complain too much. Aside from that and drawing, I haven't done so much."

It was a little hard, honestly. This was still rather jarring, knowing that she had so much time on her hands anymore. Work would have filled that up but now, there was a lot of free time and little for her to do.

"I'm guess I'm still used to filling my days with work," she explained after, a slight shrug of her shoulder following.

----[x]----

The response was rather short, something of an agreement which surprised him a little. Between their conversations, it seemed they were at a constant disagreement rather than agreements. It kept him entertained for a short time but at times, it could grow annoying as well.

He started off their path again, quiet as he did so. The crowds around them were a slight annoyance. Il Lupo would have much rather been on the roofs, looking down on these people. For the time being, he could not do that.

"We'll have to do something about your attire soon," he commented as he continued. "I rather like to avoid these crowds, favoring the roof."

As if to prove his point, he motioned upward. She only glanced up briefly before her gaze moved elsewhere. He spared a small smirk but other than that said nothing more.

"My, you do not look so enthused," he commented, sparing a quick glance her way. "Does Rome not fit your fancy? Come, perhaps we can find a place."

Il Lupo wasn't sure if she cared for high places or not. Regardless, he could easily find a stairwell and lead them to  a roof top. She could get a better view of the city that way and who knew, perhaps she'd take fancy to that.

With that in mind, Il Lupo picked up his pace again. He made sure to keep a good eye on Rekka as he went as well.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PokéPartner : [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 509

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 6:05 pm

Occasionally the sounds of papers moving or the scratch of a quill could be heard but otherwise the home itself was rather quiet. If it wasn't for the storm raging outside it would have been rather tranquil and Manuel knew they would hear some of the noises from other people in Havana then. As it was it was a very lonely sort of night.

A crack of thunder rang out and Manuel noted that this had caused Rue to flinch. Whether or not she was aware of this Manuel couldn't say. He wouldn't point it out in the event that it might embarrass her in some fashion. He'd rather not have a spat on his hands during this weather.

Soon enough she'd answered though it wasn't all that enlightening. If nothing else she was finding some things to keep her occupied. He gestured to her and asked "and what is it that you used to do? I don't recall you saying at any point."

Many things had happened upon her arrival and since his departure things might have grown fuzzy. For all he knew she might have mentioned it and he couldn't recall it. At least now they would have some sort of a topic going on and maybe they'd pick out a game to play again to pass the time. Hilary was far too busy with his work nearby to accommodate them much more, after all.

He sat back, shifting his seat once more. Once his clothes were dry he wouldn't be so fidgety but it was hard to sit still when clothes clung to him so uncomfortably. All the same it would be a short affair, he knew, it just wouldn't feel like it.

----[x]----
If Il Lupo was surprised by the fact that she'd agreed with him for the first time over something he didn't show or mention it. That might have been for the best, Rekka reasoned, the last thing she needed or wanted was something like that rubbed in her face.

Soon enough he mentioned her attire again, telling her that he preferred the rooftops himself. Rekka didn't doubt that though she was sure that if he intended to tote her around like that all the time it would take quite a bit of time for her to actually be proficient at free running. Even from here she could spot a rooftop guard too. Rekka would rather not have to deal getting shot at on top of that.

Her gaze drifted away from the roofs again almost as soon as she'd glanced up at them. "I'm sure," she muttered, well aware of what it was he did for the Templars.

It had to have been easy to see how little her mood had picked up even now. Sure, she wasn't being difficult but she wasn't exactly bothering to hide it either. Soon enough Il Lupo was fishing for answers out of her, simpler ones than the answers he and his allies really wanted from her. The change was a little strange to Rekka, if she was honest about it.

She almost mentioned how hard it was to get enthused when she was well aware that they'd be heading back to that building they wanted her to call home sooner or later. Instead she said "it's not like I've seen anything to actually do around here."

Il Lupo didn't seem to let this deter him, instead he'd darted ahead leaving Rekka to have to hurry after him. He didn't seem to mind the fact that he had to push his way through the crowds though this left Rekka room to follow easily for a short time. Whether he ignored the angry and annoyed shouts that sometimes carried after him Rekka wasn't sure.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 1:05 am

Rue tried to ignore the thunder outside. It was a difficult feat, not too fond of the sound. She flinched again before she shifted, silent hoping he hadn't witnessed it. If he did, he hadn't mentioned it and for that she was thankful.

She leaned back again, studying the paper in front of her. The question of what she used to do came up. Rue wasn't sure if she had explained her job or not, there was a lot she was still explaining after all.

"I worked in a library," she answered, "and was a stable hand on the side. I had to take care of my family..."

She drifted off into silence, her gaze downcast on her hands. Again, thoughts about what they might be doing now or how they were holding up entered her mind. She had to shake them away as soon as they came.

"I spent most days working," she continued. "So the majority of my days were always filled with something."

Briefly, she wondered if that came off as strange. When she thought about it, women weren't the working folk in this era so why wouldn't it be. As far as Rue was aware, most were stay at home wives unless they were pirates.

It was a fleeting thought at best. If asked to explain more, she'd do what she could. She was getting a little used to having to do as such now.

----[x]----

Il Lupo didn't look back to see her expression, if she was annoyed or not. Honestly, throughout the trip, she still hadn't looked pleased. Unless Il Lupo could arrange it, she'd be heading back to that building. He could do little about it now, it was out of his control, and so he tried not to worry.

Instead, he pushed his way passed the crowds, gesturing for her to hurry up. He rounded a corner, finding a ladder she could scale.

"Come, come," he pressed a moment after, "I'll show you a new height of the city."

He wasn't so worried about the guards, they were easy enough to take care of. Rekka would have to take care but he would do his best and make sure no harm came to her. No doubt that would leave her in a nasty mood for a while if he failed.

"Well?" he said, a grin on his lips. "What are you waiting for?"

The sooner she got to it, the sooner he could show a few things off. If she wanted to see something, to learn, this was the quickest way for him to do it. He hated the city crowds, the rooftops being so much easier to navigate. In time, she would learn these things as well.

Only when she relented did he follow after her. She hadn't looked pleased but then again, she didn't seem pleased by quite a few things these passed few weeks. This was just one of many and he was sure it would pass with time.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 2:52 am

He watched as Rue took to settling in again after she'd cringed at the loud crack of thunder that had passed. If nothing else she hadn't jumped completely out of her skin. Perhaps he might tease the little rabbit later, when things had settled and the storm had passed. At the moment it seemed mean-spirited to do so when Rue was clearly skittish of the storm.

There was a time of silence before Manuel broke it, inquiring about Rue's old life. She seemed taken aback by the topic, perhaps not sure of how to answer, why that might be was a baffling question to Manuel though he didn't voice it. If she needed to think over her answer then so be it, Manuel would remain as patient as ever.

Rue finally imparted some knowledge about how she lived her life though it left Manuel much to mull over. She'd had a family to care for? Several seconds passed as Manuel studied her. She didn't seem the type to have started a family so soon or was it something more in line to have just taken care of the ones who'd raised her?

Before Manuel could inquire about either possibility Hilary had beaten him to the punch.
"I would not have taken you as the type to have mothered children so readily this young," he noted, not once glancing up from his papers.

Manuel watched as Rue's face grew red and her eyes widened. Perhaps that assumption of his had been wrong as well judging by the way she was shaking her head. All the same a chuckle escaped him and, though he didn't admit it, a bit of relief on the matter. So she had no other man in her life before arriving here that she missed dearly, as far as he could tell. Rue certainly wasn't acting like it in any case.

"Perhaps things have changed all the more in the home and family lives then things are now," Manuel pointed out. Hilary only waved a dismissive hand at the statement.

----[x]----
It didn't take long for Il Lupo to find what he was looking for. A wooden ladder had been set up against a building, one of the taller ones that reached maybe three stories. It was tall but not the tallest for sure, maybe that's what he'd intended to seek out anyways. He'd rounded the corner so fast that Rekka had to wonder if he knew this ladder was here before hand or if he'd just gotten lucky.

He was grinning at her, something that she hadn't seen before—usually he was scowling or smirking at her. He almost looked boyish grinning like that, hand on a rung already and gesturing for her to hurry after him. What had gotten into him? Rekka wasn't so sure though whatever it was it left her at a loss of what to say or do.

For a minute she had to fish for something to say. Finally she had the words even if it took her a bit longer than she'd like to admit to find them. "Weren't you just saying something about my dress?" she pointed out, fussing briefly with the skirts. They were shorter than most, mostly due to the fact that they came from Fiora though Rekka hadn't minded that much so much as she'd been bothered by the orange color.

Nonetheless she approached Il Lupo and she could swear that his grin grew wider at that. It seemed he now had some kind of an idea in mind though what it might be Rekka couldn't begin to guess at. Truthfully, it left a spark of curiosity lighting in her that spurred her on to following after.

"You better not be trying to have an excuse to peek up my dress," she accused flatly, mostly because she had little idea of just what he was really trying to accomplish. It was just a little easier to fall back on the horrid behavior she'd come to know form him then to guess at anything else.

Il Lupo made short work of getting to the top of the ladder and up onto the roof proper though Rekka plodded along behind him, careful about her steps and hold on the rungs. So used to metal ladders this wooden one felt to weak and rickety under her that it left her wary. At the top Il Lupo was waiting for her, still looking enthused and maybe humored by her cautious behavior on the ladder.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 5:49 pm

There was some hesitance after she had spoken and she had to question why. She spared a glance at Manuel, noting that he was studying her. Rue was about to question why when Hilary spoke up on the matter.

All at once, her face felt hot. She shook her head quickly, as if Hilary was even looking. The man was still engrossed in his work, however, and didn't notice.

"My siblings! I had to take care of my siblings!" she defended instead. She ran the back of her head over her mouth, trying to will the red off her face. Manuel had chuckled and while she felt embarrassed, she spared a small smile. She understood that things were very different in this time, after all.

Still, she had to wonder what her mother and siblings might do now that she was gone. Her job brought in the most money. Maybe they would go to her grandmother or brother for help. Her mother had always been far too proud and she hoped that the older woman would realize when she needed the aid.

"You could put it that way, yes." she replied, letting her hand fall back into her lap. She couldn't list all of the ways and that's only from what she knew differed from this time.

Another crack of thunder broke her thoughts again. She spared a glance out the window, trying not to flinch at the sound. She'd never been fond of loud noises in the first place.

"Mom and I worked and my sisters were still in school," she finally finished. She didn't mention her step father, rather wanting not to bring it up if she could. That hadn't been a happy time in her life and discussing divorce process would be difficult. As far as she knew, most things were still run by the church in this time.

----[x]----

Il Lupo had waited on her, impatiently, to start climbing the ladder. She still hesitated regardless of him trying to prod her to move quicker. Rekka was messing with her dress, looking a little indignant.

A moment later, she expressed why she was so hesitant on the matter. His grin widened even though that hadn't been his intention at all. Despite this, he took amusement of what her first thought had been.

"Nonsense!" he said, easily waving off her words. "Really, what kind of man do you take me for?"

He ignored whatever look was shot in his direction. His gaze rested elsewhere out of politeness as she took to scaling the ladder. Soon, little arguments like this wouldn't arise. She just needed something more fitting, was all.

When she had made it up was the only moment he glanced back up at her. He shook his head slightly in return. He would have mentioned their marriage but that seemed mean spirited. For the time, he would leave it be.

Il Lupo quickly scald the ladder, pulling himself up beside her. Already, he felt more at ease on the rooftops, less to deal with.

Without another word, he started leading their way. He had no real general direction in mind, he simply wanted her to witness the city from better heights.

"As soon as you get something a little more fitting to wear," he started, motioning toward taller towers, "perhaps I will teach you to climb to greater heights."

If a glimmer of excitement twinkled in her eyes, Il Lupo pretended not to notice. Rekka put stock into not being so easily read. For the time being, he wouldn't point it out, if only to save her some face.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 7:13 pm

Hilary didn't seem to share the amusement that Manuel did though he chalked that up to Hilary being busy. It seemed to Manuel that Hilary was only half paying attention to them as it was and had only chimed in because he'd chosen that time to do so. Now he was buried back in those documents as he had been minutes before.

Shaking his head Manuel held back his laughter. Rue's face had already reddened considerably as it was and she was taking great pains to try to hide that fact. Her hand had come to her mouth as if that would somehow quell the color on her cheeks. Manuel couldn't help the chuckle that escaped him at that thought. At the very least she didn't seem to take offense to it.

"Your siblings then," Manuel clarified, assuring Rue that she'd been understood this time around. He wasn't quite sure why she hadn't just said that to begin with though.

He nodded as Rue told more of her siblings and mother. There was a moment that passed that made him wonder about how schooling was conducted in her time; so many other things seemed to have changed drastically so what was to say that school hadn't too? Nonetheless he kept silent on the matter. Her answer had been rather succinct as it was, perhaps she didn't wish to speak of her homelife.

A second or two ticked by before Manuel gestured to Rue and said "I take it your drawings are doing well?"

The Grand Master was to receive drawings of technology and the like the last Manuel had heard but was she keeping up on that or had things changed in his time away from Havana? It looked like, either way, she was still drawing if the charcoal and sheets of paper in front of her was any indication anyways. It looked like she'd gotten it all over herself in the process as well.

----[x]----
Rekka didn't take much solace in the fact that he tried to deter the question by bring up whatever reputation he must have had. It fell short considering any good qualities he had were still hidden from her with the way he'd acted and treated her until recently. The grin on his face surely didn't help matters either.

All the same it didn't look like Il Lupo was going to be deterred from this endeavor and only when he'd looked away had she started up the ladder. Once at the top she made sure she was away form the edge before she called down to Il Lupo. She'd rather not let him get a peek up her skirt if she could help it even if that wasn't his intention.

It didn't take him nearly as long as she had to get up but then he was used to such ladders whereas she was not. They felt like they wouldn't even support her weight and even if she knew that wasn't the case it still had left her cautious climbing up it. It felt freer up here with no one else crowding in around her though the breeze was nippier then she'd like the sun more then made up for it. Before Il Lupo had even made it up she was taking in the sight around her, taking note of the nearest rooftop guards and hoping they wouldn't be too much of a bother.

Rekka blinked, turning to Il Lupo as he started past her and, presumably, on their new path. Promises of possibly reaching higher places were made though Rekka wasn't sure if he meant that or not. She couldn't help but to hope that he meant it. Just about anything would be better then what was expected of her in that place.

"Where are we headed?" she wondered as he steered her towards the edge of the roof. It dropped down a level for the next story of the building and though it wasn't so bad that Rekka wouldn't be able to handle it in a dress she did have to wonder what stunt she expected her to be able to perform in it. It wasn't like she was going to go out of her way to leap any distances dressed in this.

Il Lupo had wasted no time in dropping down to the next level and he seemed to be waiting for her to do the same. Rekka took care to be a little more cautious. Just because she didn't like the dress she wore didn't mean she wanted to tear it. Such things took more hard work now then they did in her day, after all. Rekka could at least respect that.

"I hope you're not expecting me to leap anywhere," she warned simply, crouching at the edge and readying herself to drop down too, "I don't have the energy for that today."
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 10:18 pm

Rue pouted a little but other than that, it didn't wound her pride too much. Honestly, if she hadn't been caught off guard, she might have found it funny as well.

That conversation at least dropped, especially steering so close to what her family was now. In the very least, Manuel didn't push for answers. That was appreciated more than he would ever know.

Instead, he asked about the drawings. She hadn't shown him any, even as he had settled down nearby earlier. He had to be curious of them. Rue was finding that everyone was.

"Oh, very well," she replied shortly. "I've been able to draw what I remember rather quickly." Rue didn't want to make anyone wait on her, especially given she'd done well cooperating at this point.

She leafed through a few of them before she offered them to him. If he was curious, he'd take them. Most seemed to enjoy asking about them as well and Rue provided answers to the best of her ability.

"There were more of them but they've already been taken." she explained.

This had been another finished batch for the week. When she felt that she had enough, she would stop for the week on a break. Drawing so often could be tiring on occasion, especially when things just didn't want to work with her.

----[x]----

Whatever Rekka thought of his intentions at the moment, he didn't bother trying to tell. Honestly, there could be a great many things he wanted to attend to. Sometimes, it was just a little more amusing to leave her guessing.

She still looked hesitant but for the moment, Il Lupo tried to brush that off. Honestly, he was just a little surprised that he managed to get her up here in the first place.

"Anywhere," he answered in a matter of factly way. Having a set destination came rare to him anymore. Unless he had a specific mission, he was simply out and about, wasting time as he saw fit. "Or at least anywhere you will be able to manage."

With that said, he dropped down to another level and waited on her to follow. Glancing up at Rekka, she was carefully moving to the edge and getting ready to drop down. Her warning didn't go unheeded and he waved her off easily.

"Of course not," he replied easily. "Now come. And do not worry, I'll catch you if you stumble."

The look that she sent down at him left him chuckling slightly. He shook it off easily and no sooner than he had done that did she drop down beside him.

Reaching out, he patted her shoulder carefully. She still tensed under his touch but he expected no less at this point. "We'll save the leaping for another day."

His hand eventually trailed down to her own, brushing passed it before he'd start forward again. Rekka didn't seem fond of the advances but he hoped in time they would be a little less awkward.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 11:10 pm

Though Rue didn't take the laughter at her expense entirely well she at least did not cause a fuss about it. Manuel caught her pouting but otherwise she did and said nothing to prolong the situation nor did he see a need for it to happen that way. It would do no one any good to embarrass Rue further, after all.

He made short work of inquiring about other things such as her drawings. If she did not wish to share those then another topic could be brought about or they could play a game. There were options to be had even when they were stuck indoors because of a storm. The wind and rain hit the windows forcefully as it were, reminding them of it when the thunder was otherwise silent.

She was quick to pass along a few of the charcoal sketches before her. Many of the things she drew, at least for this week's batch, were familiar to him—varying bridges and buildings for instance. Then there were other things, foreign to him though Rue seemed to think the Grand Master would find them important. Thumbing through them he did wonder what was what with the pieces of technology she chose to draw.

Instead of sating his curiosity Manuel said "these are quite good. You have a skill for such things."

Carefully he handed them back so as not to smear the charcoal. The last thing he needed to do was to ruin her work and he had heard many a great thing about how touchy artists could be when their things were fussed with. He'd rather avoid agitating her any because of an accident.

"It seems this arrangement of yours has worked well for you," he pointed out.

----[x]----
Il Lupo's answer of where they might be heading wasn't exactly enlightening. Rome was large and if he had on set place in mind they'd probably just end up wandering in circles up here on the roofs. Rekka wasn't dressed for more rambunctious acts of parkour, leaving their options limited anyways and she was a little concerned about attracting the attention of any rooftop guards.

She didn't know what to say to that and so she remained silence, only humming briefly to show she'd listened. Rekka was still a little off guard with the rather enthused behavior he was showing now. Sure, he'd teased and picked at her and Gian but this wasn't like that, it seemed more free spirited. None of those things were anything that Rekka was going to point out, however. She still didn't quite like or trust him though she could say that she appreciated the gesture to show her around Rome for as long as he planned to today. It was enough that he'd comforted her before and she hadn't even expected him to do any of that either.

Il Lupo waited for her on the next level of the roof and though he promised to catch her if she needed it Rekka wasn't sure if he was just teasing her or being sincere. For all she knew it might have been both. She scoffed, letting her legs dangle over the edge as she said "I think I'll manage." With that said she dropped down after him.

No sooner had she straightened up did he clasp hand over her shoulder while he spoke. She tensed, peering up at him carefully; this closely the shadows his hood cast over his eyes did him little good though she still wasn't quite sure what she saw in his eyes. He still seemed amused, joyful even but she wasn't sure if there was anything else there or not.

As he stepped away his hand trailed down her arm to her hand and then his touch was gone, light as it had been. Rekka was unsure of what to do or say about that, his touch hadn't been expected and on top of this lighthearted behavior of his now it left her at a loss. All the same she trailed after him.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 1:04 am

Rue shifted a little, nervous about what he thought of the charcoal drawings. She had always been fussy when it came to people she liked looking at her works. She never tried to pin point why that was, it was just a feeling that arose regardless of how many times she might try to quash it.

He studied them carefully, seeming interested in what she had drawn. Why wouldn't he be though? Some of those things foreign to him and questions would no doubt arise. At least he hadn't bombarded her with them like a few of the other templars had.

Instead of doing just that, he complimented them before handing them back carefully. Rue felt a bit of pride wash over her and she grinned.

"Thank you," she replied, feeling a little bit giddier. She nodded in agreement about the arrangement. It really couldn't have worked out better, given she was terrible at just explaining things as they were. "I could be droning on, trying to explain these things."

She shifted, glancing out the window again. The storm wasn't going to pass any time soon, it seemed. How long did they last here and what was more, how much damage did they leave in their wake? It was hard to say.

Rue pushed the thought away, instead grabbing a piece of charcoal. She held it out to him next, a grin tugging at her lips. "Draw with me?"

----[x]----

Rekka didn't respond much to what he did or said. This didn't surprise him, much like many other things with her at this point. She was far too tired and far too wary of him to push much effort. In time that might change but then again, it might not as well.

Il Lupo pushed those thoughts aside for the time being. There would be a time and place to mull over them. For the moment, that was not here.

The day wore on in much of this manner. It was quiet, aside from the talk of crowds below. She didn't seem to care for much conversation and he didn't push it.

Night had finally fallen, painting the sky an inky black. Stars dotted that blackness and while the sight was familiar to Il Lupo, Rekka seemed to take those stars in almost in an awe struck manner. Could she not witness them like this wherever she was from?

"Come," he finally pressed. He'd been leading them to an area known to hold small festivities. Shops normally gathered around here, mostly, in hopes of selling something to admirers. Music and dancing were prominent and easy to see from where they stood. "Unless you'd rather remain an observer?"

Either way, Il Lupo didn't mind. She had her freedom of choice on the matter and if she simply wanted to study these things, he would sit with her. This was really the first taste of anything 'exciting' since she'd been found, so no doubt she was curious.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 1:36 pm

While he'd studied her drawings he could feel her eyes on him though he tried to ignore. It was a nagging feeling however and one he didn't quite like. Instead he tried to figure out what the technological pieces she'd sketched were for without asking. It wasn't his place, all of these were for Grand Master Torres, after all. If the grand master felt that he had a right to know then Manuel would be told later on.

When he handed them back she seemed to swell up with pride, her face sill pink from the earlier embarrassment. She shuffled her pages back into order while she answered him. His eyebrow rose and he spared a glance at Hilary who discreetly shook his head and waved a hand at Manuel. Others had been asking about these things then? A frown lined Manuel's lips at that, they had no right to that knowledge and if it fell into the hands of an assassin...

He shook them off. Things could be dealt with later. For now Rue was clearly pleased with how things were going.

"Some things shouldn't be droned on about to just anyone," Manuel still said, offering a shrug.

Rue didn't seem to listen to him there instead reaching for her charcoal and what looked to be blank papers. The offer to draw with her was brought up and Manuel raised an eyebrow. He wasn't the artistic type by all means. There were other things he had to deal with in life then to sit and learn, after all. It was one of many things he'd never dabbled in despite living many lives in the short time he'd been living.

"I am afraid I do not have sort of skill in that area," Manuel answered simply. From the look on Rue's face she was going to be hearing none of that. Already she was gesturing for him to take up one of the other pieces of charcoal scattered around the table.

----[x]----
As the day wore on in this manner, scaling the closer rooftops with Il Lupo and heading down to street level only to dart to another ladder nearby, Rekka found it was at least interesting. Il Lupo was clearly in a good mood, despite a lack of conversation between them. Every so often he'd reached out to her, his touches just as gentle as before as if he was even unsure if he should be making such advances. Though they were strange to her she had no qualms about the innocent enough touches though she didn't do much in response to them, uncertain of how to go about any of that anyways.

Soon enough the sun had set, the stars dotting the sky. These drew her attention, the sky looking so much prettier, the stars brighter then in her time. All the light noise was enough to dull the stars. More times then not there wasn't much point in trying to stargaze but here it almost seemed criminal not to look up.

Every so often Il Lupo had to draw her attention from them, still leading them towards where he promised these festivities were located. It did sound and look very merry though all those dancers down there caused Rekka to shy away and she had to fight back that part of herself. It wasn't like she'd ever really learned to dance and she'd rather not make an idiot out of herself.

"I don't really know how to dance," she admitted, unsure of what else they'd even do there besides just observe as he'd offered.

This didn't seem to deter Il Lupo as he still lead her towards the area. The music was rather festive though it wasn't anything Rekka would have listened to by choice if her own music was available to her. Still, it wasn't bad and everyone around here seemed to like it well enough.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 3:16 pm

Manuel's words were more or less waved off easily. It wasn't like she was telling those people things anyways. A mere glance at her drawings brought about questions but she was more or less silent with the answers. 

Instead, she focused on trying to get him to draw with her. Manuel was hesitant on the issue in a whole. Regardless of this, she made room and hoped that he would take up the spot. 

"You don't have to have a whole lot of skill to draw," she answered eventually. "Didn't stop a lot of people regardless."

Some of those people could easily paint a canvas blue and make hundreds of thousands off of it. The art world was a strange place and one Rue never knew how to feel about.

Rue shifted, already taking up a piece of charcoal into her hand and began to draw. If he took up her side, it would be easily noticed. She'd rather find some way to distract herself rather than listening to the bombing thunder outside.

----[x]----

Rekka took her time, studying things below and above. Really, if she enjoyed those stars so much, he'd have to take her to a darker place. With time, she would learn to scale buildings, where they would be so much easier to see.

He waited patiently, watching a few dancers below. Nearby, a man juggled knives, making the act look like child's play. There were all manner of things and some no doubt she'd want to witness. 

Eventually, she spoke up again, drawing his attention. A short chuckle left him at that. "Then perhaps I will teach you." he replied easily. 

The offer was there, despite her doubtful expression. Il Lupo had learned a number of things in his time. Formalities and the like were no different and it would be easy for him to pass along this knowledge. That was, of course, if she wished to learn. 

He found a ladder that she could take down. When she was ready, Il Lupo would jump down himself. Perhaps they would merely wander. It was up to her for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 6:17 pm

Rue would hear none of it, it would seem. Already she'd spread a few papers out and gestured again to the spare bits of charcoal she had nearby. Manuel heaved a sigh, shaking his head. He would have thought he'd be spared from having to try to draw and yet it seemed those thoughts were for naught.

Running a hand over his chin he finally heaved a sigh and shifted his chair closer to the table. It looked like it would be the easiest way to keep her happy for the time being even as the thunder caused her to jump or cringe every so often. He wondered how steady her hand would be if the sound of the thunder increased.

"I would like to imagine that I am not most people, however," he pointed out all the same.

Taking up a sheet of paper and a stick of charcoal he stared at the blank page. What the hell was he supposed to doodle? His mind drew a blank and he wasn't sure if he was really going to do any good or not. Already Rue was at it though he wasn't sure what she was drawing this time around.

The paper remained over his thigh, charcoal hovering over it. A damp spot had appeared due to his still half-wet clothes though Manuel didn't pay it any mind. It wasn't like his drawings would be worth anything to keep. If anyone thought otherwise he might think them touched in the head a bit.

At some point he took to tapping the charcoal along the paper, just for something to do. His mind was still a blank, he was no good at these things and it showed. From the looks of things Rue was fairing better, already sketching something out though Manuel wasn't sure what it might be.

----[x]----
It wasn't so surprising anymore that he laughed at her, at the very least it didn't sound mean spirited. If nothing else Il Lupo sounded more amused then anything by the things she fessed up to. What she hadn't expected was the offer to learn how to dance. He hadn't struck her as the type to even know how to dance much less take part in it.

"Well... we'll see," she muttered, following after Il Lupo. It wasn't long until he'd found another rickety wooden ladder for her to use.

She didn't take long to get back down though Il Lupo was quicker, foregoing the ladder entirely in favor of just dropping down again. It wasn't as if the roof they'd been on was very high though. While she kind of wanted to keep admiring the stars it seemed there'd be plenty of time for that later anyways. At the very least that'd give her something to do when they eventually went back.

Trailing after him wasn't so difficult now that some of the crowds had died down, many drifting into taverns or into their homes for the night. Up ahead she could see a knife juggler, a few people crowded around at a safe distance to watch his antics. Though it was impressive it wasn't exactly worth Rekka's attention other than a passing glance.

The closer they got the more it reminded her of the little Carnivale exhibition she'd seen in Assassin's Creed II back when this was all a game. This was a much smaller scale than what that would really be and without the fanciful costumes and masks but all the same it was interesting to see. Her eyes strayed here and there, trying to take everything in as Il Lupo led her around towards what might have been the center of the area.

"Is this normal?" Rekka wondered eventually.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 1:49 pm

Manuel had relented though he heaved a sigh when he did. Rue decided to ignore it for the time being, engrossed in her own drawing at the moment. It wasn't something that they would need, simple a drawing of home in the valley. Still, she figured at some point it might be taken with the others.

Rue could only assume what he meant by his words, whether it was involvement in this Templar business or something more. She didn't pry, instead deciding that if he wanted her to know, he'd say something about it.

By the time he had moved beside her, Rue had hardly noticed. Engrossed in her own work, she withdrew and was quiet. One particular loud crack of thunder made her halt all together however. She lifted her hand from the parchment and flinched.

"Do they normally last this long?" she asked. Rue had hoped it would pass by quicker though she had little idea. Storms normally blew through the valley rather fast, the longest maybe lasting one to two hours.

She settled back in her chair, looking at her fingers again. Once more, they were a mess though she noticed they shook a little too. She'd have to clean it up again soon and break for the day. She wouldn't be getting anymore done flinching and trembling as she was.

----[x]----

The confusion had been apparent on her face. It didn't surprise him and he waved it off rather easily. He knew a great many things, had lived a lavish life, and there were certain expectations to be met. Something as simple as dancing had been one of the many.

Her words were short and at least she relented, or at least she would think about trying. Such things were simple for him and they weren't difficult to teach, with a little time.

It hadn't taken him but a moment to jump down and start forward again. Rekka was a little slower on the ladder. In time, there would be no need to worry about such things or growing anxious for her to speed up.

She trailed after him. On occasion, Il Lupo would look back at her, watching as her gaze wandered about. She seemed to take it in a little at a time, only stopping once in a while.

Il Lupo shrugged his shoulders in response to her question. "It can be, at times," he explained. "Some one is always looking for an excuse to do things such as these."

He spared a glance back again, motioning toward her. "Come now, no doubt you wish to have a little fun as well?"

It was mostly a mere suggestion. Honestly, he wanted to see her become a little more lively but perhaps she was too tired. She had mentioned not having the energy to do too much as of the time being.

"Unless you are tired?" he carried on, "we will have to find a way to remedy that."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:07 pm

Rue didn't seem to notice his lack of inspiration or actual drawing yet, instead she was engrossed in her own work. Manuel counted his blessings at that, if he'd been forced to draw something he couldn't guarantee that it would be any good much less identifiable. Still, she seemed content that he looked like he was participating.

This continued in some manner, Manuel keeping an eye on Rue's drawing as it was fleshed out, before a crack of thunder rang out. Manuel jerked, alarmed at how badly Rue had jumped. If he hadn't been mistaken he would have thought someone had fired a shot at her instead of it just being thunder. Was she aware that her hands were trembling now?

"More or less," he answered truthfully, a frown lining his lips.

"There have been worse storms," Hilary interrupted, shuffling his papers. From the looks of it he'd been startled out of his musings by the storm.

Manuel nodded, turning back to Rue again. She seemed as if she'd grow sick with how she looked. Alarming, really, considering where she was at in the world. If she behaved this badly every time there was a storm of this caliber they'd been in over their heads.

"Perhaps you will grow used to them in time," Manuel offered, hoping that the thought might calm her some. He really didn't want to think about how much worse off she could be in the storms that were worse than this. Many threatened buildings and people if they weren't careful, especially when out at sea.

----[x]----
Every so often she caught Il Lupo glancing back at her, probably making sure she hadn't tried to slip away or anything. Rekka didn't say anything on the matter though it was a little ridiculous. Though Il Lupo might have thought she was moving slowly it didn't take them long to reach the little area were everyone was having a grand old time. Many merchants were still out and about as well, trying to sell the odd trinket or some food.

That wasn't to mention the street performers, some dressed up and others who weren't while some danced to the music that was being played. While she kept gazing around at her, stopping only every so often to see something up close, Rekka asked the question that was on her mind. It was a simple one and Il Lupo didn't hesitate to give an answer. 'Sounds like a block party to me,' she concluded.

"I see," she said; a common answer for the time being it would seem. Blinking, she turned back to Il Lupo when he spoke up again without being prodded to first. "Well, yeah... but what do you have in mind?"

For the most part she wasn't sure what all to expect from this place but this little festivity of theirs wasn't something Rekka was used to. Even back home while she'd gone to the annual Blueberry Festival she'd never really partaken in anything like this. Mostly she was there to hang out with friends and buy a few trinkets. While some things were the same here it was still different in many ways as well.

Though she hated to admit it, she had to rely on Il Lupo for the moment. Not only was he escorting her out here but he was also the one primarily in charge of making sure she didn't run off or anything. For the most part he was the one she had to learn from i fhe bothered to stick around.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 4:21 pm

Rue laid one hand over the other in hopes to quash her trembling. It wasn't as if she had much anxiety toward storms before but they had never been this bad. Even in the valley, when the winds got high, the storms were never this frightening.

If there were worse ones, like they claimed, she wasn't sure how she might react. She knew of hurricanes and the like but never had to live through them. Dealing with tornadoes was enough, in her opinion.

Rue shifted in her seat, tapping her thumb along the back of her hand. It was hard to ignore the fact that she trembled. What happened when a storm worse than this hit? She knew she'd react just as bad if not worse.

"I hope so," she agreed partly. Rue couldn't be sure, in the end of it all. With time, it might become easier though, that seemed like an eternity anymore. It wasn't home, nothing was, and that gnawed at her a little more everyday.

"I used to just hide in the basement," she mentioned after a moment. "A little counter productive considering it was such a dark, dank place."

If anything, talking about it helped. Rue never really faced that anxiety, she just hid from it. Up until this point, that was the easiest way of going about it.

----[x]----

Il Lupo's pace was even for her. He made sure to keep an eye out for anyone around them. Assassin's were tricky enough, blending into the crowds. With any luck, they would be avoided tonight.

Rekka's voice rang out, catching his attention soon after. He hummed, sparing her a glance. She didn't seem certain of what she wanted to do, looking to him instead. Il Lupo didn't so much mind that fact. If it got her going a little more, he wouldn't protest.

He tsked at her, a shake of his following, "there are many things that can be done!" he boasted. "We could simply go straight to dancing or perhaps watch the fireworks. Come now, there's much to be had!"

He couldn't be sure if it was her mood or if she was simply tired. Il Lupo didn't question either, given how many weeks she had appeared worse.

Instead of worrying about it, he reached out and tugged lightly at a strand of her hair and said, "unless there is something that catches your eye, hmm?"

For the most part, she was getting free reign in their wanderings. Il Lupo would stop and explain things if she needed it but other than that, she had stopped and started the whole way through. Perhaps something she fancied would catch her eye here. There was certainly enough though Il Lupo couldn't speak for her when it came to interests.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 10:07 pm

It was easy to see just how bothered Rue was by this particular storm, already she was trying to stop her hands from trembling and though it seemed to be an unsuccessful attempt she tried all the same. Manuel glanced at Hilary though the other man was already nose deep in his work again and seemed oblivious to this. Whatever he had over there had to be important for Hilary to be this engrossed.

When she spoke she sounded quite small, unfitting for that happier personality she seemed to have before the storm rolled in. Manuel heaved a sigh at this. He'd rather not have to deal with some sort of phobia from someone with such vital information. If anything happened in such conditions things could end up worse off then they needed to be. He would keep those thoughts to himself, however.

"I don't think basements will be much help here," Manuel pointed out. If flooding according it might actually be the worst place to hide. Yet again he kept silent on that matter.

There was a moment or two that passed in which only the wind and rain pounding against the side of the building and the windows could be heard. Manuel glanced around, trying to find something that might take her mind off of things. Really, this was quite troublesome but ignoring it now might not be the best route to take. Instead he busied himself with this endeavor, finding nothing that might help Rue now. Really, he knew almost nothing about her.

Finally he gestured to her drawing and said "perhaps taking your mind from the storm is all you need."

----[x]----
There didn't seem to be much rush despite the fact that it was growing late. Whatever kept Il Lupo in such a good mood while he escorted and accommodated her Rekka couldn't say. She wasn't sure if it was anything she should be worried about or not though he hadn't really done or said anything to tip her off to anything. It was hard to imagine what might be on his mind to boot.

When she asked him what might be best to do he'd stopped and teased her again. Rekka had a hard time trying to stop from scoffing and pouting again. The things he offered were simple things though there wasn't much time for her to answer before he'd carried on. She blinked, surprised when he reached out to toy with her hair. It wasn't much just a rather playful tug at a bit.

"All I see are trinkets and I have no money," she pointed out in return to the mention of everything else around. All the same his expression didn't change and Rekka was quick to interrupt him. "That's not a hint for you to go throwing your money around."

This only seemed to amuse Il Lupo though Rekka wasn't entirely sure why, just like many other things that concerned him. Perhaps he found it funny that she was catching onto things about him or maybe it was something else entirely, Rekka wasn't about to ask.

For a moment Rekka said nothing else, just listened to the sounds around them. Though she could pick up on conversations closer to them she didn't put much stock into any of other people's words. It seemed everyone was minding their own business and here to enjoy the night and mingle with loved ones or to hook up. She had to admit that the lively atmosphere was a nice change of pace.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 11:42 pm

Rue missed his sigh, listening to another low rumble. It hadn't been as bad as the lack crack though she had little idea how long this storm would linger. She hoped it would blow over soon. Maybe it wouldn't pass until the next morning.

The mention of a basement being a bad idea didn't so much surprise her. That old method wouldn't work given she knew that flooding was a possibility. She wasn't about to shut herself in a closet however.

She lifted a hand, watching it tremble again, "A little hard to do without a steady hand," she replied though what more was there to do?

Rue reached out, rubbing the charcoal on the parchment to define shading. Drawing anymore on the parchment wouldn't do her much good. Any little jerk or jump could easily result in a mistake.

Things fell quiet again, or as quiet as they could be with the storm passing through. She'd been used to it back home but she was still getting used to this kind of quiet. There was little background noise other than that of voices during the day.

Her stomach churned and she ignored it. One and off, she grew nervous with the days as that went on. It was a passing thing, one she was used to. As soon as the storm passed and she could get settled, she was sure things would return to a normal routine again.

----[x]----

Despite the looks Rekka shot him, he didn't let it bother him too much. He was more than used to these things at this point. Despite what she admitted, those looks and her words were becoming far less sharp.

He could only smile at her in return, a little amused by her words. It wasn't much and she spoke quickly before he could manage a real reply. Il Lupo waved her words off very easily.

"Please!" he continued, "If I see something, perhaps I will simply grab it for you!"

Despite his wealth, he wasn't above stealing. Sometimes, it was far too simple to do, people who should have been watching their stands not doing so. Lazy shop owners joining the festivities were easy pickings.

Rekka didn't seem to respond to those words, instead, her attention moving elsewhere. For the time being, she at least looked entertained with the things around her. He wasn't sure if she was any happier, however.

For a long moment, she was distracted. Tentatively, he reached out and tugged her closer to him. She looked startled by the action and no doubt she would be. Rekka still wasn't used to this contact though, he was much the same.

Instead of saying anything, he twirled her easily. "Standing about is not so amusing," he brought up easily, leading her into a few steps. She moved awkwardly but it didn't surprise him. "Have a little fun, Rekka. There is no reason not to."

If anything, there could be a few memories to have in mind when they headed back to the building. Until he could teach her more about free running, these things would have to suffice.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 6:19 pm

Manuel frowned, watching as Rue got back to work on her drawing again. She had not picked up the charcoal but had instead began smudging parts of it along the paper. For a moment he only watched, seeing which parts she shaded along and which parts she left alone. Eventually he shook his head, she needed something and she didn't seem inclined to go about looking for something else.

His boots thumped against the floor softly, drowned out by the recent crack of thunder only briefly. Manuel dug around in the closet that Hilary had said he kept his board games hidden in. At least, he thought it was this closet, it had been weeks since he'd been here last, after all.

Finally he tugged out a chess board. His skills were rusty but if he remembered right Rue had said she didn't know much about it, in that way he could preoccupy her by teaching her has they played. It would be better for her considering steady hands weren't exactly necessary.

When he made his way back to the table he caught the look on Rue's face and he raised an eyebrow in return. "There are other options then drawing that will keep you occupied," he pointed out. Without much else after that he started setting up the board.

If nothing else Rue sat there on the other side of the table, charcoal smeared over her hands, cheeks and chin. Hilary might get a little offended if the white pieces were to be smeared with charcoal but Manuel would be sure to clean them as best he could later.

----[x]----
Il Lupo remained unfazed by what she said, instead mentioning that he might end up just pocketing whatever he fancied anyways. From the sounds of it nothing she did or said was going to deter him from whatever he might have in mind. Instead of answering to that she'd turned away to watch those nearby again.

It couldn't have been very long that they stood like that, passing the time slowly. Rekka found it interesting to see how everyone spent the time, how they dressed and sometimes listening in on what they said. None of it was very important but it gave her something to do.

She jumped, blinking up at Il Lupo as he tugged her to him, already moving to some kind of a dance. Awkwardly she tried to follow suit if only to make sure she didn't trip over her own feet, all the same her movements were stilted and stiff. Il Lupo was warm and though it had to be obvious how awkwardly she was trying to keep up with the simple steps he kept her close. For a long minute she wasn't sure what to say.

"Why are you trying so hard?" she finally asked, brow furrowed and peering up at him carefully.

She tried not to let it bother her how easily Il Lupo guided her when she was all but tripping over her own feet. At least he wasn't picking at her for it, she reasoned. Things could have been worse in that moment though it was still a little embarrassing to think that anyone could glance over and see how ungraceful she actually was.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 12:38 am

For a short time, the drawing is what she tried to focus on the most. Rumbles of thunder over the home made it different to concentrate on however. Her shaky hands were at least stilled a little when her fingers met the paper.

Rue hardly noticed when Manuel got up, rummaging for something. After a long few minutes, he was speaking again. A chess board was sat between them. She couldn't help but scrunch her nose a little.

Still, she didn't protest when he started placing the pieces. If it distracted her throughout the storm, she couldn't complain. She just needed a little time before she could find something else to do.

Rue shifted in her seat. She couldn't remember most moves, only pawns. Everything else, she couldn't be sure. It wasn't like she passed the time playing chess.

"It's been a long time since I've played chess," she commented, watching the pieces being placed. They weren't like the ones she was used to, much more intricate. She was a little afraid of the charcoal rubbing on the piece from her hands.

Rue had little doubt that it would be rather easy to beat her. Normally she just moved pieces until she lost. On a very, very rare occasion, she did something right this way and won. That had been years ago, however.

----[x]----

Rekka's steps were awkward though this hadn't surprised him. Like she had claimed, she couldn't dance very well at all. Il Lupo didn't allow this to deter him at all. If anything, it spurred him on to keep trying.

She looked to be mulling over something, stumbling here and there as she did so. He was careful about keeping her on her feet even when she looked like she'd stumble right into him.

He tipped his head, carefully spinning her again after she had spoken. He was trying too hard? It didn't seem he could win either way, though it did amuse him.

"I have never heard of such a thing," he replied easily. "Trying too hard? Most don't try hard enough."

She didn't seem to appreciate the way he waved off her words but he caught a hint of embarrassment there as well. If he let himself, he could find Rekka cute. When she wasn't angry with him or crying, she had quick a bit of charm.

"Now I'm not embarrassing you, am I?" he prodded carefully. If anything, the color on her cheeks was flattering.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 5:39 pm

Rue didn't seem very pleased at the idea of chess though this didn't deter Manuel. As he'd thought she warned him again that she had little idea how to even play. If she had expected him to put the board and pieces away after that then she was sorely disappointed. Manuel continued to put them in their proper places.

"That is the idea," he answered though Manuel didn't bother explaining why. The more time he took to explaining things the more it would take her mind off the storm, or so he hoped would happen.

Only when things were put in their proper spaces did he pull the chair he'd taken around to his side and sat. He took to eyeing the pawns then, the white pieces on his side. At least in this way the charcoal on her hands wouldn't show up on the darker ones she'd be moving. In this way Hilary would have less to snap at him about later.

"I will teach you as we proceed, little rabbit," he assured her, sparing a smile her way to boot. Manuel wasn't about to leave her hanging even if it looked like he'd be the victor already.

A pawn was moved before it was Rue's turn though she looked unsure of herself even now. Manuel chuckled, shaking his head. She looked a little lost though he wasn't about to make her moves for her. If she needed guidance or reminded about the rules then he would provide that much at least.

----[x]----
When she'd finally voiced the question that had been nagging at her all day now it took Il Lupo a few seconds to answer her. In that time he'd cocked his head to one side and looked to be thinking over his answer. Rekka could only wait and wonder if he would be truthful or try to avoid the question entirely; he didn't seem very keen on giving her straight answers half the time and she suspected it was because he thought it was amusing.

Sure enough he didn't answer her question, instead skirting around it. She tossed him a look for that though, like all the others, it barely fazed him. Whether or not she'd ever get a straight answer out of him was quickly becoming a very real concern for her.

"Never mind," she muttered. There wasn't much point in pressing for an answer when he was content in refusing to give it.

She tried to resist glancing down at her feet though she'd already almost tripped over his once or twice now. At least no one else seemed to be paying any attention to them, all wrapped up in their own activities and conversations. Still, it was a little embarrassing to Rekka to think that anyone could glance over and make fun of her clumsy attempt to keep up with Il Lupo.

Her face felt warmer when Il Lupo wondered if she was embarrassed or not. Of course she was, why wouldn't she be? Rekka wouldn't be mentioning that however, no, that might just give him more fuel to pick at her with.

"I'm fine," she asserted, shaking her head.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 10:46 pm

Any form of displeasure didn't deter him from setting up the board. It was a quick affair, easily placing the pieces in their proper places. Rue couldn't even remember where half of them would have went.

The dark pieces would be her own, mostly due to her fingers being smeared with charcoal. She ignored this for now, far too used to her fingers being a mess.

If anything, she remembered what pawns did. They could move two spaces at first, one later, and capture diagonally. She waited on him to move however, shuffling as she did so.

"I'm a bit of a lost cause," she joked, returning the small smile. If anything, the short chuckle was a little more of a comfort.

She finally moved a pawn, looking over the pieces carefully. Rue was rather unsure of what to do here so she would move a few piece about randomly for the time.

The storm still roared outside and she tried not to focus on it. If anything, this might take her mind off of it. Unless another loud crack rung out, she figured she'd be fine.

----[x]----

Rekka didn't seem too amused by his response. He tried not to let this bother him but it was difficult to ignore. He didn't want her to revert back into a worse state. He was trying to help her, even if it didn't seem like it.

Her response was such a dull one and he had to resist a sigh at that. He didn't want to upset her if he could help it.

"Do tell me if I'm trying too hard," he said easily, "it is not my intention. I simply find no reason for a pretty woman to look so glum."

Rekka was obviously trying her hardest not to look at or step on his feet. This was a common thing for most beginners, far too self conscious of harming themselves or their partner. It was a little cute to see her doing, having been so confident weeks before.

"Nothing is wrong with that," he replied. "You are only starting after all. You will get better with time."

Il Lupo wouldn't mention it now but she would have to attend to things like this when they were married. It was a common, the women just as involved. He had to wonder what it would be like when that time came.

"Surely you will not look so awkward in time," he carried on. "besides, you look a little cute this way."

A grin tugged at his lips watching her expression. Her face had already been warm once before, perhaps he could pull that out of her again.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 11:46 pm

Rue didn't seem bothered by the fact that he'd chosen which set she used but then the reason might have been obvious. Hilary hadn't turned and said anything yet but neither would really want him on their backs about something so small, at least Manuel didn't. From what he knew of Rue he guessed she felt the same.

As he moved the first piece Rue spoke up declaring herself lost at the game already. Manuel chuckled, shaking his head. Surely she might learn a thing or two as they went, the night was young and the storm would not pass quickly, not with how strongly it roared against the house.

"We will make some progress one way or another, little rabbit," he assured her.

While Rue went about picking which pawn to move first Manuel folded his hands over the tabletop. She didn't seem to have much of a care about whether she was making a good move or not with the way she chose a pawn and moved it willy-nilly. Hardly a few seconds had passed before she was finished and waiting for him politely.

Manuel scoffed, shaking his head. The trinket on his hat swayed long after he'd stopped and began to make his own move, a simple strategy. From the looks of it there wouldn't be much of a need to be overly elaborate with this game. No, Rue seemed content in playing the game quickly.

"I am sure by the end of things you'll at least know what piece can move where," Manuel pointed out. By that time he was gesturing for her to make her own move.

----[x]----
Rekka wasn't sure how much time had passed since Il Lupo had tugged her close and began leading her but she was aware that she'd tripped over his feet at least three times now. Though Il Lupo hadn't seemed keen on answering her as well it also looked like he wasn't about ready to let the topic drop either. She blinked up at him, distracted for the moment.

There was only a moment where she studied his face before she stumbled, tripping over his foot again. Il Lupo seemed unbothered by this, keeping step easily despite this. All the same she stammered an apology out even after his reassurances. She had told him she didn't know how to dance though so he might have been expecting this.

She hadn't expected the compliment about such obvious clumsiness and she quickly ducked her head, her face warm. He was just teasing her again, he had to. There as no way that she looked cute stumbling over his boot.

"I'm fairly sure I just look like a klutz," she answered, "I-I'd be cuter if I wasn't tripping over your boots all the time."

As if on cue she tripped over his foot again though she quickly glanced away, attempting to hide her embarrassment a little better. She was sure the attempt was unsuccessful though. Il Lupo seemed to pick up on everything, no doubt a result of his training and how he operated within the Templar ranks. It didn't quite do her any favors for the moment however. From the corner of her eye it seemed like Il Lupo was a little amused by this.

"Besides, you're just picking on me again," she accused though it held little of the usual bite behind it.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 10:53 pm

Rue sat back, trying to ignore the rain pelting on the glass nearby. The storm wasn't ending any time soon but at least this was helping. In time, she just hoped that these things would become easier over time.

She shifted, listening as he spoke up again. He really seemed confident about this chess thing. She wouldn't complain however. Whether she forgot most of these things or not remained to be seen. There wasn't a great deal she could do within Hilary's home as it was.

He moved another piece and Rue took the time to study the board again. Unsure of certain pieces, she'd ask what could move where, waiting patiently for him to explain. Some of them she would probably have to ask again. Still, she was able to move a knight easily.

"I should have joined chess club," she mentioned, not expecting him to understand what that meant, "I could have been really good at this."

She couldn't admit that she did have an interest in chess back when she was in high school. She never really acted on that interest however. If she could have foreseen any of these things, she would have learned. Unfortunately, that kind of foresight was impossible.

"That's a start," she replied, sitting back again. A crack of thunder rang out and she barely flinched this time. She tensed but settled quickly after. "I'd like to know what I'm doing."

----[x]----

Il Lupo didn't get an answer before she had stumbled again. He helped steady her a little bit. She still looked downward, embarrassed. He resisted a bit of a chuckle. This was really the first time he'd seen her looking so embarrassed.

Her cheeks tinted red again and she tried not to stumble again. Il Lupo didn't let it bother him, having taught worse. It wasn't that that he focused on however, rather the word she had used.

"Klutz?" he echoed, a little curious, "and what does that mean?"

It was easily brushed off a moment later when she spoke. The grin returned to his face again and he shook his head. She was doing her best not to look so shy about it. He was discovering quite the softer side to her.

There was a long pause before she tripped again. It was only a moment she was declaring he was only making fun of her again. He snorted easily tipping his head up slightly. It didn't seem as if she had any intention of letting him off easy on much of anything, at least not at the moment. If anything, she was loosening up a bit.

"My, you think so little of me!" he replied, feigning as if he was wounded. "Perhaps I mean it, and what if I mean it?"
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 12:09 am

Before she'd made her own move this time around Rue asked about certain pieces and where they might be able to move. Manuel explained each piece that she pointed to as clearly as he could, even pointing out the square on the board it would end up landing on if she chose that piece to move. It took several minutes though she hardly flinches when the next boom of thunder rang out as well.

Eventually she moved the knight and mentioned something about a club for chess. He rose an eyebrow at this, glancing up at her face. She seemed to be sincere in this mention of a chess club though Manuel couldn't imagine anyone being excited enough to make an entire group dedicated to the game itself.

"It sounds like an odd thing to be part of," Manuel pointed out, deliberating his own move, "strange groups seem to be a commodity in your time, hmm?"

If nothing else the conversation and the game was keeping her adequately distracted from the raging storm outside. Only occasionally could Manuel see her glancing furtively at the nearest window. Even occasionally Manuel noticed Hilary cursing under his breath in the silence that had followed between the three of them. Glancing at the ginger haired man showed Manuel that he was no closer to solving whatever was on those parchments then he had been half an hour ago.

"What better place to begin than at the start?" Manuel pointed out.

----[x]----
Il Lupo had to steady her again though he wasn't complaining, if anything else he sounded like he found it funny. If he could be believed he might even found it a little endearing though Rekka still had doubts about that. She couldn't bring herself to look up at him just yet when her face felt hot. He already had more than enough to tease her with as it was.

That had been her plan, anyways, though when Il Lupo spoke up asking what klutz meant she glanced up at anyways. Genuine confusion was there on his face, something that was new to her. Dancing with him it was easy to see his face from the shadows his hood cast and she could see the way his brow puckered. Studying his expression, it took her a moment to realize that the word must not have been coined yet.

"O-oh! It's, uh, just someone's who's super clumsy," she stated finally. That seemed to be all the explanation he needed before he was back to that playful attitude moments ago.

Though she'd tripped again and he'd scoffed at her words it didn't deter this behavior of his. Instead he plowed right now, countering her accusation easily. Yet again he was going on about how he might mean it this time around though Rekka wasn't sure why now was any different. Though the idea that he might actually care about her as a person was relieving Rekka wasn't about to give him the benefit of the doubt after only half a day of this new behavior.

"If you mean it then you have nothing to worry about," Rekka pointed out. If Il Lupo was being truthful then Rekka would see it in the coming days.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 6:35 pm

It helped that he pointed out what spaces the pieces could move at. If she kept that in mind, she would get a little better over time. Some were a little difficult however, the queen being able to move just about everywhere whereas the king could only move a few spaces.

"There were a great many, yes," she explained, waiting on his move. "Unsurprisingly, I was in the art club. The claim was it looked good on your portfolio if you were involved in a lot of school activities. I wouldn't know though."

When she found out what she wanted to do with herself, she would have gone to college or done something to further her education. That hadn't cropped up and now that she was trapped in the past, there probably wouldn't be quite as much need. She had all of this knowledge of her century but it wasn't as if she could apply over half of it in this time.

She barely spared a glance when Hilary cursed, as quiet as it had been. He'd done that on and off through the time she'd sat in here with him. Whatever he had been working on must have been a frustrating task. It was rare that she ever notice him grow overly annoyed.

Her gaze fell on the board again after Manuel had made another move. She took a long moment to actually study it before she moved the knight again.

"Suppose that's true," she answered, her voice a little lighter"I just never imagined it would be in this way."

Honestly, if she wanted to pick up chess in her time, it would have probably been a passing thing. Now, with the lack of entertainment, this and other games of the like might become the norm. Maybe picking up the old interests would be for the best.

----[x]----

Rekka still refused to look at him. For the time being, he would respect that. If it persisted in later months, however, he'd have to do a little prodding. He didn't care for all this mopping about as it was.

Eventually, her gaze did rise to him however. She took a long moment to watch him, perhaps studying what features she could see. She finally spoke, her words stumbling into one another a little before she explained what the word had meant.

"I see," he replied easily. "Well I certainly wouldn't have known it until now."

It wasn't as if she had gotten up to do much in these last few weeks. She rarely even walked about the halls much less did anything productive. This was the first time she wanted to come outside and see the sights, suggested by Il Lupo or not.

"I do hope this won't be a problem when I start teaching you," he teased lightly in return.

Il Lupo tipped his head at her words. They were softer ones and seemed to hold a little more meaning to her. He hummed briefly in response, thinking about that a little. Figuring Rekka out might take a little more time.

"Then I will not worry," he stated simply, twirling her easily again. He meant what he had said, whether she believed the words to be true or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next