AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PokéPartner : [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 509

[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 9:27 pm

Truthfully Manuel was playing easy in this game, if only to build up Rue’s confidence on the matter. It looked like she needed it, after all. Perhaps it would be enough to draw her further out of her shell. Even now she was being cautious as she placed her third piece upon the board.

He gestured for her to take one of his pieces from the board. It mattered little which one she picked, however. Manuel had a at least two places prepared for a mill this turn. Favoring corners was a strategy she might come to learn if she paid attention to his moves.

“A forgivable oversight,” Manuel pointed out, “This is a very strange occurrence, after all.”

No one would have been able to guess that something like this might happen. Considering Rue was just as baffled by all of this as they had been it was understandable and Manuel wouldn’t blame her for her lack of knowledge. So long as she cooperated then things would be fine for the most part.

He hummed t her next question, placing his piece and creating a mill. It was easy to snatch up one of the stones she had off to the side, just to make sure she didn’t recreate the mill she had now. Until she had all her pieces on the board she couldn’t move them about and create it that way again anyways.

“I am afraid that I don’t,” he answered, “though perhaps someone about the area might be willing to take on an apprentice for it.”

If nothing else that might give her more reason to branch out. Manuel was sure there was another Templar in the area who might be able to teach her. If not then they could easily find someone.

----[x]----
When she’d found Il Lupo Gian had seemed to grow quiet or maybe he’d stopped following by that time. Rekka hadn’t paid him any mind, rushing down the hallway as she had been. When she’d found and slapped Il Lupo it did little to make her feel better. That damnable smirk was still in place even as he’d rubbed his jaw.

His words were just as smug as ever, even pleased. Disbelief mingled with rage, a swirling mess in her chest that left her blood running hot and her face burning because of it. At the very least the angry tears had yet to spring to her eyes though at this rate they’d be quick to follow.

“Oh, easier on myself? Because somehow it’s my fault that people decide to drag me about, bruise me up and mock me as if I’m just some thing that’s paraded around when it’s convenient!”

Rekka didn’t give him the time to reply, it’d just be to place more blame on herself for this, she was sure of it. There was little respect for her despite what they believed she had for them and with Il Lupo it showed. It was clear more and more that she hardly any rights in their eyes.

“Yeah, I’m clearly the one to blame here! I am wrong, I’m just floating in my sea of failure and wrongness! Why oh why doesn’t anyone send me a goddamn life preserver and save me from myself?!”

She spun around on her heel then, storming away. Yet again she’d make a beeline straight to that borrowed room, ignoring anyone who tailed after her. The hot tears pricked at her eyes as she reached it, locking the door behind her. It was a simple matter to find something to jamb into the balcony door handles after that. The last thing she needed was Il Lupo shoving his nose around here while she was sobbing.

Curtains drawn and leaving the room dark, Rekka finally sunk to the floor and buried her face in her knees. If anyone tired to get her attention she ignored them.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Grenin10

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 11:35 pm

If anything, Manuel was patient with her cautiousness. In return, she was trying to relax a little. It was difficult to do given the situation, everything so unfamiliar to her. She wasn't sure if things could get much worse from this point on but who knew.

She toyed with another piece, listened as he spoke up again. Rue couldn't help but let some amusement cross her expression.

"A lot of it was heavily romanticized in my time anyways. I probably wasn't missing much." she replied, trying to recall what she had read and seen in bad movies.

Rue watched when he placed his next piece, creating a mill and taking one of her own pieces. No doubt, he'd been playing this game a longer than she had been. She only paused momentarily before she placed her next one.

When he did answer, she felt a little excitement tug in her. It felt quite a bit better than the constant worry and dread. It was almost light hearted, leaving her something to look forward to if it was at all possible that she could learn.

"I would love that, if at all possible," she responded, briefly watching as he placed another piece.

She paused then, glancing back at him. She wouldn't have pinned him as a coffee farmer, something about him looking far from the quiet, peaceful life. The Templar business helped explained that a little, however.

"Did you ever go out there? On the ships...sailing, I mean." she asked, waiting on him to speak up again. Maybe a lot of people did, she wasn't sure. Rue was far less familiar with the sea, was more knowledgeable of her home. She was a little curious of sailing, even if she was terrified of the water.

----[x]----

Il Lupo was quiet as she chewed him out. He gave his jaw one last rub before he placed his hands behind his back. These pent up emotions had finally broken through and Rekka seemed to have no intention of stopping.

He glanced over her shoulder, watching Gian shuffle his weight. The man looked like he wanted to reach out to her but decided against it. Most likely something for the best. In her state, who knew how she might react to him.

Her words were rather odd ones but Il Lupo didn't interrupt. He simply studied her, watched as she tried to hold back tears. Before he could manage a word she'd turned on her heel and started down the hall.

Gian looked torn as to who to attend to first, Il Lupo or Rekka. Eventually, he followed after Rekka, leaving Il Lupo lingering in the hallway. He shook his head, going the opposite way, leaving the pair for a while.

Gian wasn't sure how long he had pounded on that door. Rekka refused to leave the room, even as the hours had passed. He sighed through his nose, shaking his head.

On his way back, he made sure someone would at least stop by her room and give her something to eat. She might not accept it but what more could he do? She shut herself in there and while she was in no immediate danger, to herself or otherwise, he was still worried.

It was then he decided to seek Il Lupo out and talk. He was pushing her too far and he would regret doing so when Rekka did something reckless. Perhaps that would make him pull back and not push her so hard.

At this rate, Gian could only assume. Il Lupo wasn't exactly one to change his ways just because he was asked or told to do so. Then again, few really did. Gian just hoped that Il Lupo would listen to reason, for Rekka's sake.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 12:38 am

Manuel waved off her next comment too. A lot of life was romanticized, especially so by writers he found. There was little allure for the gritty truths. He didn’t mind it so much as he accepted it.

“Many see little use in the reality of the past,” he said simply and that was that.

Pieces were placed and taken as they talked one by one. Rue was saying nothing that needed heavy questioning, rather straightforward in her concerns and questions. In that way it was a little easier to handle things he just hoped it would persist through the meeting with the grand master tomorrow.

“Then we shall ask around when there is time to,” Manuel promised. He didn’t imagine it would be too hard, it would merely be procuring a violin for her that would be troublesome.

About the time that they would be moving about the pieces already placed on the board did Rue speak up again. He had caught sight of her eyeing him from time to time though said nothing on the matter. Rue was curious and it was obvious, asking her to stop would not stop that.

“Of course, work does not stop merely in Havana,” he said. Whether or not he meant Templar business or his crops being taken to and fro he did not say. For Rue that information wasn’t important and didn’t pertain to what she’d asked.

Creating another mill and snatching up a piece of hers Manuel pointed out “it might be inevitable that you sail a time or to, depending on the grand master’s wishes.”

----[x]----
Gian had followed after, knocking at her door frequently and calling out to her. Rekka had ignored him for the most part, sobbing into her knees. The noise he was making wasn’t helping, her head already throbbing and her nose running. If she bothered to look into a mirror she knew her face would be red and blotchy too.

Time didn’t matter to her, absorbed in her thoughts and feeling. Rekka had nothing to call her own now, had no family or friends and no place that felt like home to retreat to—nothing. The feeling was heavy and suffocating leaving her feeling lost and alone more than ever.

Eventually the tears had stopped but the heavy feeling didn’t lift. Head throbbing and her nose plugged up she felt more miserable now than before. For a long moment she didn’t move even when her back protested being hunched over for so long.

The night didn’t pass quickly nor did Rekka make any effort for it to. There was no motivation to do anything especially not to clean up the mess she’d made. At one point there had been another knock on the door, someone out there offering food. He went ignored too.

Rekka managed to sleep at some point, curled up under the covers, however long it took to fall asleep was another matter entirely. She couldn’t be sure what would happen in the morning, the door still locked and the balcony doors blocked off to boot. She’d deal with it as it happened though, whatever ‘it’ happened to be.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 12:23 am

Rue could only really nod in agreement to his words. It was true enough and she'd seen it more than once. People liked to imagine those times, imagine some cheesy romances. At times, she had read them only because her job pertained to do so.

The pieces were put into place carefully, Rue studying the board carefully. She didn't know a lot about the game but held out some hope she was managing well. It was a thought she shook away.

"I appreciate it," she replied after a brief moment. She placed a piece again before she pulled her hand back.

The conversation lulled briefly before she had asked her next question. She couldn't be sure of what the answer would be. When he did speak up, the answer wasn't quite what she expected. True, she would like to view the sea but sailing was out of her league. She hated the water, feared it.

Her heart thudded hard against her chest at the thought of it. She tried to calm it down as quickly as she could, not needing the stress.

"O-oh," she replied, albeit there was nervousness in her tone. She rubbed the back of her hand over her mouth, afraid that her face might have paled. "I don't suppose it would be a bad time to mention my terrible motion sickness then...and I can't exactly swim..."

Rue was aware she'd probably be doing a lot less swimming while sailing but what if something went wrong? Those were worries that she tried to push aside for the time being, when she actually needed to get on a ship.

----[x]----

Rekka had not left her room the entire evening nor was she seen the morning after. Il Lupo sighed through his nose at that. She couldn't keep this up forever. At some point or another she would be pulled from that room.

Gian had stopped by several times to talk with him, urging Il Lupo to be gentler. Gentle wasn't something that Il Lupo described himself as. He shook his head, trying to get rid of that thought.

"What a shame," he muttered to himself as he wandered toward her door.

He lingered outside it for a while, listening in on her. There was no sound, no sniffling or crying. Perhaps she was still sleeping. Il Lupo couldn't imagine sleeping this long though most days, he had things to attend to early in the day.

Eventually, he rapped his knuckles against the door. He was probably the last person she wanted to hear from at the moment but what could be done? If she didn't come out of here now, she would eventually be forced out.

"Rekka," he called out to her. There was no mockery in his time, no annoyance. Like Gian had advised, he attempted to keep his voice steady and not mock her. "Perhaps I may have made a mistake. I am not one for apologies but if that does make you feel better..."

Il Lupo wasn't sure if he would receive anything in reply. She had spilled her emotions the day before and remained silent the rest. He couldn't be sure a simple apology would do anything at all. Perhaps she was one to be shown these things rather than hearing them. Il Lupo couldn't say for sure. He didn't know her enough at this point to really figure her out.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 1:10 am

Manuel nodded as their game continued on. It would be a short affair all things considered. Though she’d grasped the basics she still had a lot to learn, then again most people did. Manuel figured in time she would get the hang of things all around.

She’d brought up her fear of the water and how it made her ill to be out on the water for long. Manuel had merely hummed and mentioned that it might be unavoidable, circumstances depending. They still had no idea where the grand master might want Rue stationed at. Perhaps she might remain in Havana but it was entirely possible he’d want her somewhere he felt was safer as well.

These were things he had kept to himself for now. Topics such as this could be discussed the next day, after all.

They’d played another round of nine men’s morris to pass the time, the talk slowly drifting into silence. Manuel didn’t mind this and, if he had to guess, neither did Rue. The sound of the pieces being placed and moved about the board filled those quiet moments.

In time Hilary had returned, looking a little frustrated but otherwise fine. A bit of conversation later and Manuel had excused himself for the night, promising that he would be back in the morning to accompany them to the meeting. He had seen some of those strange items too, after all, Grand Master Torres would want to speak to all of them.

----[x]----
Rekka hadn’t seen a need or had a desire to leave the room that morning. Why would she when there wasn’t anything out there for her? For the most part she’d been left to herself after Gian’s frantic knocking, the only other person being someone trying to get her to eat dinner. It must not have been seen as too high a priority to miss one little meal because they’d left soon enough last night anyways.

With no one pounding at the door and calling for her Rekka didn’t bother to get out of bed just yet either. At the very least she was warm and there wasn’t anyone to pretend to listen to—she wasn’t exactly up for dealing with people.

She was debating on dozing off again. At least that way she would be able to forget everything for a little while longer, would be able to ignore that weighty feeling on her chest. As if someone had suspected this and aimed to prevent it knocking reached her ears, followed by Il Lupo’s voice, muffled though it was by the door.

Dulled resentment swirled in her chest at the sound of his voice. For a moment she merely laid there, blankets tucked around her like a cocoon. Maybe if she didn’t answer Il Lupo might assume she was asleep and leave for a little longer. She frowned deeper, recalling the way he’d scaled up to the balcony just to annoy her the other day. If he was willing to go to that trouble just to bother her who was to say he wouldn’t just pick the lock and let himself in anyways?

Carefully she pulled herself from bed, changing into one of the few dresses she’d been given. They were all fairly ugly, orange and brown and yellow and, Rekka felt, rather unflattering on her. She missed being able to run around in her ratty blue jeans and tank tops. The pair of clothes she’d arrived here in were the only things she had left and she could only really wear those as pajamas here.

Almost dreading coming face to face with him again so soon Rekka stalled before opening the door. In a way she half hoped that he’d just have left if she took long enough. When she did unlock and open the door he was standing there, looking as if he hadn’t been intending to leave anytime soon.

“What?” she asked dully. Rekka didn’t have it in her to drudge up any motivation or feeling. She was tired and she wanted to be left alone, it didn’t look like that last part was going to be indulged though.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 2:32 pm

The conversation had died out after a while. She hadn't minded it, focusing on the game or the sounds around her. Time passed slowly but she hadn't taken much notice. Hilary returned, seeming frustrated though she didn't ask why.

There was a short conversation before Manuel dismissed himself. Rue decided to turn in as well. Hilary had led her back to the spare room she stayed in before. With a brief thank you and good night, Rue tried to turn in that night.

She didn't manage a lot of sleep. It was too humid and she was far too used to having a fan going near her. She was too focused on her thoughts and worries as well.

At one point, she had fallen asleep. The doze was a light one however hardly worth trying to fall asleep again when she woke early. Instead she laid back, staring at nothing in particular for a long while.

The sun would climb steadily before she was collected again. She wasn't looking forward to this meeting but she couldn't deny her curiosity. There was the concern of where she'd end up as well.

Rue had decided that night just to go along with it. Hiding away wasn't going her any favors so what was the worst that could happen with telling them? If it put her in a more favorable situation, why not? Rue couldn't provide a lot but she could provide something.

----[x]----

Il Lupo shifted his weight, waiting for Rekka to open the door for quite some time. He leaned against the door frame, arms crossed over his chest. Rekka was stubborn, he was learning that over the few days he had been around her.

For a long moment, he debated trying the balcony. He decided against it a few moments afterward. That could further worsen her mood and he was trying to avoid stepping on her toes.

After that he debated leaving. Just as he pushed himself from the door frame, the door opened. His gaze drifted toward her after that, studying her face.

Her eyes were puffy and red, face blotchy from crying herself out, no doubt. She looked exhausted and no doubt she was.

Il Lupo sighed through his nose, a shake of his head following. This was far beyond what he normally took to doing. Burning bridges was doing him no favors, however. Gian seemed to be correct on those implications.

"I am here to apologize," he replied after a long moment. He tipped his head briefly, restraining any need or want to toy with this woman. "It was not my place to steal that bag of yours away. I apologize."

Something told him this wouldn't fix things. It was an attempt, however. Worst things could happen at this point, however. If he waited around and did nothing, she would no doubt remain like this. He couldn't have that, especially when he had been the cause.

"Gian has been worried about you," he added after a long moment. "It might do him some good if you responded to him sometime."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 5:20 pm

The morning air was balmy, it never truly was cold out in these parts and that was something many either enjoyed or lamented. Manuel was rather ambivalent about it in a whole so long as his coffee plants thrived. Those were now his livelihood and he couldn’t afford losing any plants if he could help it.

Rue had already been up and moving though it seemed hesitantly by the time he’d arrived. There was little time to dawdle however, Manuel had arrived in time to head off to the grand master’s home for their meeting. Hilary was already tugging on his coat as he ushered Manuel and Rue out the door.

“We have plenty of time, Hilary,” Manuel had argued, despite picking up his own pace to match Hilary’s.

”And it would be polite to arrive early, just in case,” Hilary rebutted easily.

Manuel shrugged, turning to make sure that Rue was following closely. She hadn’t lagged behind but with that knee of hers who knew? Manuel merely figured they would worry about it if it became a large problem in a whole. With any luck it would not be a huge issue.

Many people were already out and about to start the day. Many did not have the chance to sleep in considering their livelihoods. It made for a busy city though that wasn’t such a bad thing. Sometimes Manuel liked the crowds and other times he preferred it out on his farm.

----[x]----
For a moment nothing was said though it had looked like he’d been about to leave. Rekka lamented that fact, if she’d just taken a minute longer she wouldn’t have to deal with this. When he sighed it drew her from that thought, there wasn’t much else to do about it now but to deal with it.

Though she faced him Rekka noticeably did not look at him, her gaze off to the side. She didn’t really take stock of anything she was looking at, she was merely avoiding looking at him. It was a habit she’d always had, silly as it might be. If she didn’t meet their gaze or look at them a small part of her believed she’d better hide what was wrong. Whether or not it worked didn’t deter the habit any.

His apology sounded bland, as if he didn’t know what to say at all. Rekka wasn’t sure if she imagined that or not though her frown deepened in response to his words. She wasn’t sure why he was at her door, trying to coax her out now after he’d been so pleased with himself yesterday.

“That’s nice,” she muttered monotonously—the apology didn’t change anything, she still had nothing.

A long moment passed in silence as Il Lupo shuffled from foot to foot. She’d spotted the movement from the corner of her eye, still staring off at some point in the hallway. Rekka didn’t move from her spot, hand still resting over the doorknob as if waiting for Il Lupo to leave so that she could go back to doing nothing. The way he stood there seemed to say that it wouldn’t be happening anytime soon though.

Eventually he spoke up again, mentioning Gian. Maybe he thought that might drag her out of the room though if that’s what he thought than he really didn’t know a thing about her. Hell, no one here really did. Gian might have been the only one to start learning the day before and that was minimal at best.

“Can I go back to bed now?” she wondered, dismissing the topic and the situation in a whole.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 10:56 pm

Hilary seemed keen on getting out of the door quickly. It showed a little bit of his character though she didn't mention this. She merely liked to observe, pick out little things about people.

Rue didn't have much time to do that however. They were already on the move and Rue tried to follow closely behind. Both men were a fair bit taller than she was, her stride not as long. Her knee complained with the movement not used to this humidity. For the time being, she tried to ignore the pain.

People were already milling about Havana despite the early hour. Living in a small town herself, she didn't see a lot of early risers. She often got up early for work but as for many other people, she couldn't have been sure.

Her gaze drifted about, taking a little more in. The buildings were tall ones. She hadn't paid much mind to them the day before, her head clouded with so many worries.

She didn't say anything though there didn't seem to be a need to. Focusing on seeing the 'grand master' of there was on the forefront of her mind, nervous as she was. She just hoped it all went well.

The walk seemed like a long one, each step shooting an occasional pain up her knee. It went ignored as did most other things at the moment. Rue's gaze fixated on a large gate instead, wondering if this was the place they were stopping at.

----[x]----

Rekka didn't seem impressed by him nor his words of apology. Of course, it hadn't been much of one and he was well aware of that fact. Il Lupo felt little need to actually apologize. He was merely doing it because he was prodded to. Getting Gian off his back seemed in his best interest for the moment.

She refused to look at him, even as he tipped his head this way and that to get a good look at her expression. She didn't seem to appreciate this too much. She didn't seem like she appreciated much of anything given the situation however.

Il Lupo waited on her to speak up. It seemed like minutes ticked by before she said anything. Il Lupo puffed out another heavy sigh, a shake of his head following.

"Well," he muttered slightly, frustration growing in him. "If that is what you wish to do, sulk. I should warn you however, there will be others who will not be so kind and leave you like this."

If it came to forcing her out of that room completely, they would do it. They couldn't have her getting sick simply because she refused to leave her room or eat. Maybe that was her intention, he couldn't pretend to be aware of what was going through her head.

"I will leave you to that," he finally finished, waving a hand slightly before he dismissed himself. "Do take care of yourself."

With that said, he moved down the hallway again. Il Lupo rubbed his jaw, trying to figure out a way to lift her spirits a little. Softening to her just wasn't something in his nature but what could he do? It wasn't as if his previous methods were doing anything to help the stubborn woman either.

"What a mess," he muttered to himself before he continued down the hall. There had to be some way to fix it.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 11:55 pm

The walk was more or less quiet, not that Manuel minded that much. It made it easier to keep an eye on Rue though she seemed to keep up well enough. Her eyes darted this way and that, taking in Havana. At the very least she was showing more interest in things about her rather than withdrawing into herself again.

Hilary continued to lead the way though Manuel easily could have lead the way as well. So long as they got there in a timely manner then they would be fine. Hilary was a stickler for making appointments anyways so there was little to worry about.

Time passed in this manner, Rue studying their surroundings the whole way. No one seemed to have it in them to speak and it left plenty of time to wonder about how the meeting might go. Manuel took the time to make sure Rue kept up for the most part though. She was falling behind a couple of times, her eye on something or someone and growing distracted briefly.

Finally the large iron gates came into view, guards stationed out front. Hilary was quick to talk to them. When they were gestured in Rue seemed to be fascinated by the many plants and the large building. Manuel chuckled, a hand falling over her shoulder. The sloping path upwards would be a short walk.

“You seem quite enamored with Havana today,” he noted.

Hilary seemed to heard them as he glanced over his shoulder and said,
“well, at least she is coming out of her shell bit by bit.” Hilary grinned then, probably to make sure that Rue did not take it as an insult.

“So, what has the guard said up front?” Manuel wondered. He hadn’t been listening when Hilary spoke to the guard.

”There will be a bit of a wait as the grand master is busy attending to something else for the time being.”

----[x]----
It didn’t take long before Il Lupo kept trying to meet her gaze. He tipped his head this way and tht and at one point had leaned down trying to do so. Rekka outright turned away from him at that, glancing somewhere off into the borrowed room. She had to force herself to say anything and even when she had it was monotonous.

When she asked to go back to bed there was another moment of quiet that stretched between them, this one was shorter than the ones Rekka broke, however. It was easy to hear that Rekka’s responses were frustrating him, it leaked out in his voice alone. Maybe he hoped it would get some kind of a response out of her.

Rekka said nothing, merely waited. That threat was back again, promising worse things from others if she didn’t cooperate as he felt she should. She tried not to think about how his idea of kindness seemed to be insincere apologies than Rekka wasn’t so sure she wanted that either. The entire situation was distressing and she wasn’t even sure if Il Lupo would even begin to understand much less sympathize.

Finally Il Lupo dismissed himself, his words sounding just as insincere—if not a little forced—as before. Rekka didn’t wait long before shutting the door and leaning her forehead against the cool wood. It still throbbed horribly and probably would all day at this rate. She sighed, shaking her head.

She didn’t bother to lock the door this time, there wasn’t much point to it. If Il Lupo’s words could be trusted then someone would probably just pick the lock or break it down if they so pleased to force her out. Yet again she had little decision for herself it seemed.

Eventually she’d made her way to the balcony, forcing the broken chair leg she’d shoved into the door’s handles out to do so. She’d probably get an earful out of that too but Rekka couldn’t find it in her to care much. Outside the morning air was still a little chilly though she didn’t bother to find anything to cover up with. There wasn’t much point anyways when she sat out here until someone else tried to bother her. There was enough on her mind to keep her there for some time.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:17 am

For the most part, Rue did want to get to know this place more. If Havana was to be called home or some place else, she needed to be open to it. Rue was an introverted one, true enough, but she wanted to try to make some effort. It seemed for the best, after all.

She tried not to fall behind and for their part, it wasn't as if they were rushing or dragging her about. Manuel merely lingered and waited on her to catch up when she realized she'd fallen behind.

At some point, Hilary had talked the guards stationed at the gates. Rue didn't pay too much mind as she did getting on through. Her gaze drew to the plants, many of which she had never seen before. Birds lingered around them as well, more than she had ever seen in one place and so close.

A hand fell onto her shoulder, catching her attention. A small smile tugged at her lips. The words were true enough, she was rather interested despite the events the day before. Havana was unlike her home and despite the heat, she had to admit it was a pretty place.

"It's pretty," she replied after a brief moment. "My home wasn't anything like this."

While she lived in the country, she was so used to seeing concrete roads obstruct everything. It was one reason why she liked the snow. Until it was plowed, it covered the roads up and made everything look natural.

Hilary announced that they would have to wait a bit before this meeting would happen. Rue didn't so much mind however. They were early enough and the sooner this was done, the better she would feel.

----[x]----

Il Lupo had tended to work that day as he normally would have. He couldn't ignore the questions about Rekka even if he had wanted to. The woman hadn't been seen since yesterday and many were growing curious as to why.

For the most part, he had waved them off. He couldn't exactly just explain the melt down she had or why it had happened. He'd get an earful at some point or another, he was sure.

The items were important to her, the last thing to her name, and Gian had expressed that time and again. Il Lupo could do little about it now.

At some point in the day, she had been seen on the balcony. As long as she wasn't making an attempt to jump, he said nothing about it.

He wandered toward that general area, lifting his head. She was still there, rubbing her temples as if to nurse a headache. For all he knew, she had one.

"Are you planning on jumping?" he called out after a long moment. "I would advise against it, if that is the case."

He tipped his head, trying to catch sight of her from where he was. Perhaps in time, he would seek out Gian and prod the man to visit her if she didn't respond. Il Lupo could only manage to check up on her, whether she replied to him or not.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 2:17 am

Her answer was a simple one, a mention of things being prettier here than whatever home she’d had before. Manuel could believe that, having traveled many places before. Some were merely bland compared to colorful places like the Caribbean.

”Not surprising from what I’ve seen before,” Hilary said, mirroring Manuel’s thoughts.

“Perhaps there might be more for you to see in time as well,” offered Manuel as they reached the top of the sloping path.

There were all sorts of plants and trees in the area though for the most part it was cleared away, a pathway set beneath them. There was a wooden table nearby with a few flintlocks spread across it. Dummies were strewn about from what Manuel had heard and often used as target practice as people waited for the grand master to meet with them.

Hilary had already stridden over to it, taking one up in his hand and aiming. A moment after he had fired, the sound ringing out loudly around them. Manuel chuckled at the way Rue had tensed, startled.

“Careful, little bunny, there’s no need to harm yourself because of a noise,” Manuel teased, chuckling as he did so. Nonetheless he too stepped forward to join Hilary at target practice. It would at least pass some time.

”Perhaps we might see who the better marksman is today, Manuel,” Hilary challenged.

----[x]----
The day was passing uneventfully though Rekka didn’t mind. It gave her time to brood and try to make sense of things. It was still so strange to wake up and not have any classes to attend, homework to do… She had hoped that getting a degree would help better her life in some way, to crawl out of the poverty she’d always been in. Seemed like that had been a bust.

That thought only weighed even heavier on her shoulders. Nothing was going right and she couldn’t find anything she enjoyed in this time as it was. Even the warm day, the sun beating down on her did little to help her mood. Sulking is what Il Lupo had called it and recalling that caused her to frown deeply. Didn’t she have a right to sulk now when she was so much worse off than she’d ever been in her life?

As if the thought of him was enough to summon him Il Lupo’s voice reached her from down below. His words did little to help anything. For a minute she said nothing, merely sighed. Jumping wasn’t exactly appealing, not from only a second story jump.

She said nothing in turn, what was there to say? There just wasn’t any motivation for a sarcastic or witty comeback nor did she really want to extend the effort. She didn’t really want to do much of anything, really. That didn’t seem to deter anyone else though.

“There’d be little point to it,” she muttered, well aware that he couldn’t hear her from that far down. “Little point to most things recently.”

With that she drew her knees up, pressing her forehead against them. It helped only marginally. Rekka would have preferred a bath but that wasn’t something she was going to tend to when she had to boil the water or find out if bathhouses were common in Italy in this century. She wasn’t even sure anyone would escort her down to a bathhouse if they were.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:44 pm

She spared another small smile, her gaze drifting briefly toward the plants again. They seemed to share her sentiments toward this place, maybe witnessing less impressive areas in the world. She could only assume what either had done or where they had been at this point.

"I'd like to see more if I can," she answered briefly. She didn't care for water but witnessing the ocean from the shore seemed appealing.

It didn't take long to get up the slope. Hilary had moved forward though she paid little mind to it. He picked up a pistol and it didn't take her long to figure out what he was planning to do. Despite that fact, the shot that rang out made her flinch.

Manuel pointed this out easily, a bit of a teasing tone in his voice. She ducked her head, her cheeks feeling hot briefly. A short chuckle left her at that. She was always one easy to startle, even when she partly expected it.

"I hope to get used to it, given time," she replied after a moment, trying to ignore the ringing in her ears. She knew flintlock pistols were loud and dangerous as well, but she never heard one go off. It was a little startling.

Manuel joined Hilary, the ginger already issuing a bit of a challenge. Rue moved toward the table and sat herself down. There was no need to be standing around when she didn't need to.

Rue instead watched the pair, occasionally flinching a little at the loud gun fire. In time, she figured she'd get used to it and the ringing in her ears.

----[x]----

Il Lupo tipped his head back, waiting on her to speak up. She seemed to have little intention to do so however. Instead, she heaved a heavy sigh, looking as glum as she had before. He could only shake his head at that.

He strode forward a little more, debating climbing up and onto the balcony. It was a thought he had to shake away quickly. With her mood as it was for the moment, he decided to be cautious on the matter.

"Come now," he responded, tipping his head back, "surely there is something you can do to make use of the rest of the day."

Rekka had pressed her face into her knees however. A sigh left Il Lupo at that. If she didn't pick herself at this point, he would have to find some way to get her spirits back up. She couldn't last this way forever.

"You will get older, acting like that," he tried to prod her lightly.

He wasn't sure how women acted wherever she was from but perhaps it was in the same manner some fussy ones here acted. Il Lupo could only assume at this point. It wasn't as if she was letting many in as it was.

"Tell me, what is it you would be doing in your home now?" he tried to ask. Asking a few personal questions might get her talking though, Il Lupo didn't hold out too much hope for it. Rekka seemed content in withdrawing into herself, much to his annoyance.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 2:16 pm

”Let us hope that isn’t the case,” Hilary argued though did not spare a reason as to why. He was busy fumbling with the gunpowder, careful not to spill any as he reloaded the flintlock.

While Hilary was busying himself with that Manuel took a turn, carefully aiming and hitting the farther target with relative ease. Then again it wasn’t as if the target was moving like many of his would be. He shook his head at that.

“Getting used to it would mean you were in the line of fire more oft than not,” Manuel explained further for Rue, “something tells me the little bunny is not a fan of such things.”

Time passed in this manner though Manuel wasn’t sure how much so. He and Hilary were at their challenge for some long minutes, he knew that much though it could have extended closer to an hour for all he knew. Rue had safely seated herself behind them, out of the way and presumably watching them. Except for the loud gunshots there was nothing in the way of noises around them.

Eventually someone had come to collect them and lead them inside to a rather large room, a round wooden table at its center. Here the grand master awaited them, his elderly features darting to each one and seemingly studying them.

”I understand there has been something of great importance to bring you three here today,” Grand Master Torres greeted, nodding to each one in turn. Rue was noticeably last and his gaze lingered on her for a moment or so.

”There are many things that can be discussed today, yes,” answered Hilary, tugging Rue’s bag from his shoulder and placing it on the table. Torres eyed this curiously before moving to inspect the decorations that covered it.

”Yes, there had been word that there were some… fascinating devices to be shared,” he murmured.

Manuel clasped a hand over Rue’s shoulder when he spoke, sparing a glance down at her. She looked a little nervous. “Rue would be able to say what they are for better than we can.”

----[x]----
Rekka wasn’t sure what he was trying to do down there, bothering her like he was now. It almost seemed as if he was relentless in this endeavor no matter how much she wanted to be left alone. His urging her to do something with her day didn’t help anything. She had no job to get to, no friends to see and anywhere she might go someone would escort her. These things only helped to put a damper on anything she might have wanted to do or try.

Pressing her forehead to her knees didn’t help anything for long. A moment or two of dulled throbbing was all she got for her efforts before the headache had returned full force. It wasn’t long before Il Lupo was prodding at her, pushing for some kind of a reaction.

She merely lifted a shoulder to shrug at him. Older didn’t mean much at the moment. Besides, the life expectancy in this century was way lower than in her century. That was a rather sad thought to boot though maybe that would be best, given the situation she was in now. It didn’t seem like these were temporary arrangements, after all.

Another moment of quiet stretched between them though Rekka wasn’t fooled that he might have left, she could feel his gaze on her. It left a prickling sensation along her skin and left her tiredly wondering what he was cooking up now. It didn’t take long to find out.

Rekka tensed at his question. A lump lodged itself in her throat and no matter how hard she tried she couldn’t stop the thoughts that came. Rue, video games, writing, listening to music or watching cartoons or maybe she’d be doing her homework about now if she had a mind to—as if all it took to open the floodgates was that simple question Rekka couldn’t stop thinking about it all: her collection of games, her posters and plushes lying all around or sitting at her computer with the music playing.

Hugging her legs tighter to her she tried to ignore the thoughts and memories. It was just a reminder of everything she’d lost without warning or reason.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 5:03 pm

Rue had sat quietly behind the two men, watching as they shot at those targets. If she looked carefully, she could notice the recoil from those pistols. She couldn't imagine they were easy to handle or hold but it wasn't as if she was familiar with these weapons either.

She wasn't sure how much time had passed by. The gun fire became a little more bearable with that time but was still grating to her. How people got used to noises like that, she could only assume.

Eventually, a guard came to collect them and Rue moved from her spot. Her knee felt stiff now but didn't complain as much. She really did hope to keep the brace though. The last thing she needed was it giving out on her in some area she knew nothing of.

The room they were lead in was a large one and Rue's gaze darted around, taking in the area. The biggest building she'd ever been in was a church in her old home and even this was more intricate than that had been.

She wasn't able to take as much of it in as she would have liked when an older man spoke up. His accent was thick but his tone was a quieter one. Rue hadn't been sure of what she was expecting in the end but it wasn't this man. Regardless of that fact, it didn't make her any less nervous.

Rue shuffled as the bag was placed on the table. This Torres was quick to start inspecting it and Rue tried not to let that bother her. It still felt like her own privacy was being violated however.

Manuel placed his hand on her shoulder again, an act of reassurance she assumed, before he spoke up.

"R-right," she mumbled then, motioning toward the bag. "If I may."

Like the day prior, she would tug the items out and allow them to be looked at, explaining to the best of her ability what was what and what they did. She would have rather avoided going through this again but there wasn't much she could manage now. The most she could figure was to be open and honest in the end.

----[x]----

Despite his attempts to prod her into conversation, it seemed to only make her withdraw into herself further. Il Lupo didn't understand it. She, more or less, still had the ability to go out and about if she wanted to. As long as she had an escort, there were things that could be done.

Instead, she remained in her room or on that balcony, alone. He couldn't imagine what good that was doing her and didn't try to question it. If this was what she felt was best, so be it. It was simply a little sad to see someone withdraw this far into themselves.

"You are not doing yourself many favors," Il Lupo called out. "A pretty thing like you, sulking your life away is not all ideal, now is it?"

He stood back then, tipping his head slightly to try and catch a better glimpse of her. She seemed to be hugging her knees against her tighter. Il Lupo puffed out a sigh again, shaking his head.

"Am I being a bother?" he finally inquired, placing his hands behind his back.

Again, she said little to him, merely shifted in her seat. How long would she be like this? Days? Weeks? Heaven forbid, months? Il Lupo couldn't imagine her surviving long here with how down she had become.

"You know my intentions are not to bring you harm, correct?" he finally plowed on after a moment. "I merely did as I was told and, true you were hurt in the process, but I had orders."

He paused, doubting that would help her too much. Il Lupo puffed out a sigh again, taking a few steps backward. What more could he offer? He was finding himself at a loss with Rekka.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 11:51 pm

Rue had grown noticeably tense, eyeing the grand master before them. He was an elderly fellow and from the looks of it not the type of person Rue had expected to be meeting with. Manuel said nothing about this, prodding her forward a little. Grand Master Torres needed the information she had, after all.

Hilary and Manuel stepped back, allowing the two to speak. Torres had shifted the bag closer to Rue, gesturing for her to do as she needed to. It was a little fascinating to see the grand master with interest morphing his features, somehow making him look younger.

Rue took to showing and explaining each thing that Grand Master Torres gestured for her to. Occasionally Hilary shifted beside Manuel though the two said or did nothing, merely waited patiently. There were times that Torres asked for an explanation over something that was unclear though otherwise listened quietly to what she had to say.

Finally he stood back, hands resting at the table’s edge as he took in everything spread out on it. The only thing missing from the collection was that odd brace of Rue’s though Manuel nor Hilary said anything about it. It would be best if Rue did herself.

”An interesting collection of items, I see,” Torres mused, “where was it that you said you were from?”

Manuel glanced at Hilary, meeting the other man’s gaze. Would Rue attempt to lie? If she did then either one of them would have to step in and clear up the situation. The grand master needed the information to make the best decisions, after all. Hiding things would do no one any favors.

----[x]----
She would have thought he’d leave by now. Il Lupo wasn’t a patient man after all though whatever possessed him to keep trying to talk to her now wasn’t something she could guess at. Rekka wasn’t so sure she wanted to know either. Everything these people did seemed to be for a reason anyways.

The only thing he accomplished was to draw her away from memories. Still, it hadn’t stopped tears from springing to her eyes at the thought of all of it. Rekka refused to lift her head, to show further proof that she might have been crying. There wasn’t a guarantee that Il Lupo wouldn’t take to mocking her the instant he had the mind to.

Whatever good he managed to do didn’t last long. He was clearly fishing for responses and when she didn’t speak up he’d just plow on again with something new. What did it matter if she sulked up here all the time anyways? She didn’t fancy herself the marrying type, especially not in this century, so there was little point in strutting around for anyone’s sake.

It wasn’t until he’d spoken about his intentions did resentment burn in her chest. She was supposedly important to these people but hardly any of them seemed to think of her as an actual person. It was showing more and more from the things Rekka seen and experienced.

Without a word on the matter Rekka stood, refusing to look his way, and headed back inside. She didn’t bother to linger at the balcony doors, shoving that busted chair leg into place again to serve as a makeshift lock. She had little reason to believe that whatever Il Lupo was up to was only for her good, he must have been after something else. Whatever it was Rekka didn’t want to give him the benefit of getting it.

It would be nearly a week before she would be found out of that room of her own volition. An emptied room full of all sorts of knickknacks and paintings and bookshelves was where she’d wandered, seating herself at a cluttered table. A book was placed in front of her, flipped to a point in the middle though she wasn’t reading it. Staring at it was enough for most people to assume she was reading and leave her be anyways.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 12:47 am

Rue did what she could to explain these items to Torres. He took quite a bit of interest in these things, like Manuel and Hilary had the day before. Rue could only provide so much, not knowing the technical details of some of these items. Still, she hoped what she provided was enough if not more, given the worries of a butterfly effect.

She shifted her weight to her left leg, her knee complaining again. "T-the only thing not here is my knee brace," she explained after a moment, "It supports my knee. If I don't keep it on me, my knee will give out and I won't be able to walk for a while."

Rue hoped that explanation was reasonable for her to keep it. She'd rather not have it give out underneath her just to get the thing back. That just seemed excessive though she had little reign to say here.

The question of where she was from came up. She took a moment before she shook her head in response.

"It's...far up north though technically speaking, it hasn't been...'colonized yet..." she answered. "I'm...not really from this era at all."

If anything, she would at least be honest. She'd dug herself deep enough as it was. If time rippled and caused a butterfly effect, there was little she could do about it.

----[x]----

There was little Il Lupo could manage to draw her out of her shell. She stood, never replying to his words, and simply walked back into her room. Il Lupo shook his head at that, stepping back. No one could accuse him of not trying, in the end.

A week passed slowly, Il Lupo busy with mundane tasks. On occasion, he would try to prod Rekka out of her room. Gian had taken up doing the same though neither could get her out. It seemed no one was able to manage that much.

At some point, he had noticed her in a separate room now. She'd finally left her own and now that he could look at her, she didn't look well. Il Lupo shook his head, striding forward.

He lingered at her side, his gaze on the book briefly before he tugged a chair out. He sat down across from her, folding his hands over the tabletop. He said nothing, simply watched her.

Il Lupo wasn't sure what kind of reaction he would receive. Part of him was greatly missing the attitude she had the week before. A frown tugged at his lips as it seemed he went further ignored.

Briefly, he wondered how she would react to the latest news. Rekka must not have heard it as of yet, this arranged marriage of sorts. If she had, she'd probably shut herself away in that room again. For now, maybe that was for the best.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 2:12 am

Manuel waited patiently, silently. There was little he could provide in the way of answers and so there wasn’t a need to talk. Anything that might be asked could be covered if the grand master chose but until then he would not interrupt. It would only drag things out.

Rue was shuffling her weight, looking nervous. She’d begun to fiddle with her hands before she’d spoken, bringing up that brace of hers. From the corner of his eye Manuel caught Hilary nodded, probably pleased that Rue had not tried to hide it. Honesty was the best policy and Manuel was sure Torres would be generous enough.

Torres seemed to be taking this news into account, a thoughtful look crossing his face. If Rue’s leg really was that bad then Manuel hoped she would be able to keep it. That sort of thing would be problematic otherwise and he’d rather no one need to deal with it unless absolutely necessary.

”If that is the case then we might need you back again soon, so that we might observe it. We have much to study with these it would seem,” Torres finally offered, gesturing to the things strewn about the table, “I would think this is a most agreeable situation. You keep what you need and merely spend a bit of time in the future to allow us to study it for a time.”

Manuel stepped up to murmur to Rue. If nothing else it wouldn’t be taken from her and that had been her biggest concern. “I think this is a rather gracious offer, don’t you?”

The discussion was not long before Torres was inquiring about Rue’s home. She was hesitant to answer even that though did not lie or try to hide the truth. Torres was silent for a long time, perhaps mulling over all of this as he studied Rue.

----[x]----
Rekka didn’t have much incentive to leave that room other than she’d grown sick of looking at everything in it. It was almost as if it was all mocking her just by being there. Even if they all called that room hers it wasn’t, the feeling of it was all wrong.

Someone was standing near her without a word. For a moment Rekka merely stared at the book’s pages, waiting for whoever it was to say something. When nothing was brought up she merely ignored whoever it was. If he or she had something to say then they could say it.

Eventually they moved, pulling a chair up on the opposite side of the table. It wasn’t a large table and so, even if she hadn’t taken her eyes off the pages, she could see him fold his hands over the tabletop. The sleeves and gloves and that bracer over his left arm—it wasn’t hard to figure out who’d come to see her now, even so nothing was said for a long time.

There was no television or music or clocks to fill the silence. Now that she had none of those things the silences on her own had grown rather empty. Above all she missed the music the most, unable to play those songs she’d liked so much. They wouldn’t exist for centuries now.

She blinked, still staring unseeingly at the words. Rekka was so tired but sleep didn’t come easy to her. The thoughts that had burrowed themselves in her head were hard to ignore. Even now the stray one would assail her, unbidden.

Minutes most have passed in this silence. Not once did Rekka reach up to turn a page, Il Lupo must have realized she wasn’t actually reading anything. Truthfully, she wasn’t even sure if the book she’d picked up was something that was in a language she could read. It hadn’t mattered when all she wanted was an excuse for people to leave her be for awhile longer.

“Yes?” The question was quiet, almost monotonous.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 2:47 pm

Rue was constantly aware of being studied but she did her best to ignore it. She was never fond of being stared at or studied though she did it a lot to others. If it bothered her this much, she had to wonder what other people would have thought of her doing the same.

Her brace being brought up left her a little nervous. If she didn't keep it, the risk of her knee giving way under her was a bit higher. It ached in this humidity and would likely do so for a while.

When he did address the issue, she felt a little relief wash over her. The offer wasn't a drastic on and honestly, she didn't have much else to do out here. She didn't hold a job, had nothing to worry about in terms of starting college. For the moment, all she really had was time to spare unless that was somehow changed.

She spared a brief glance toward Manuel when he spoke to her quietly. She nodded slightly in agreement though she already had the idea of accepting that much.

"I don't see why not," she agreed.

From there, he had asked about her home. She found it a little difficult to explain it at times. She'd never really been one for explaining things and instead turned to her sketch book at times for a little more visual explanation.

"I can draw more like those," she explained after a brief moment. She wiped charcoal residue between her thumb and forefinger, having flipped the pages beforehand. "Things I remember or have seen."

Rue figured she'd have a bit of time on her hands anyways, wherever she might end up after this. She mind as well spend it being a little productive instead of worrying. That wasn't doing her much good anyways as it was.

----[x]----

For her part, Il Lupo was impressed at just how often she could ignore those around her. She never passed a glance at them, simply found ways to remain quiet and withdrawn. Il Lupo tried not to grow amused by this fact, there was no need to step on her toes anymore than he had.

Minutes passed by in this manner, Il Lupo only sparing a glance outside the room when someone passed. It seemed those around this place were growing used to Rekka's behavior. Few bothered her, even those who were doing what they could to lift her spirits.

It was a bit of a surprise when she actually spoke. The days had passed slowly without a word from her. It seemed longer though he pushed that behind him.

"Well, she can still speak," he brought up, motioning toward her. "Merely seeing how you are, darling."

She barely shifted, didn't even look at him when he replied. For his part, he hadn't been trying to taunt her though that Rekka didn't seem to care either way. Most days were becoming like this, so far withdrawn into herself.

Il Lupo resisted a shake of his head. She couldn't stay like this forever, could she? He'd be surprised if she managed that much. Then again, no one really knew her either. The most he had seen was her bite and attitude.

"Found anything interesting to read?" he further inquired, tipping his head slightly to catch her gaze. It was only for a moment before she averted it.

At least she wasn't still in that room, he had decided. Venturing out and about, there was some chance she might be able to lift her mood. He wondered how long anyone would let this go on. Il Lupo couldn't be sure at this rate. Rekka seemed 'content' remaining the way she was for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 3:26 pm

The arrangements had been made more or less without hassle. Manuel had assured Rue that it would be the case if she was cooperative, it looked like she was just no believing that however. Manuel found it a little silly to be so surprised that this was the case though said nothing on the matter.

Soon enough she was offering to draw things that might help them. Torres seemed to mull over this option for a moment before nodding. Manuel, Hilary and Rue could only wait while he made his decision. It seemed much longer than a few seconds though finally he spoke up on the matter.

”That would come in handy, I am sure. And you would be able to provide any sketches in a timely manner then?” Grand Master Torres said, gesturing to Rue.

It was Hilary who spoke up this time, stepping forward to do so.
“Any drawings she produces I would be able to bring each week,” Hilary offered.

Torres spared another nod, gesturing to Rue when he spoke up,
“assuming the young lady has any to provide over that week, this will be acceptable. As for her arrangements, I would prefer that she remain in Havana, in close sight. There is little need for the assassins to get wind of her being here.”

”She has been staying at Hilary’s for the time being though if he is called away my farm has more than enough room,” Manuel offered.

----[x]----
Occasionally she spotted Il Lupo shifting in his seat. The rustling of clothes was the only sound in the room when he did so though occasionally soft footsteps from the hallway reached her ears when someone passed the room. Rekka could have closed the door but hadn’t bothered to when she’d come in here to just sit for awhile.

Rekka didn’t know why Il Lupo had come in here or why he sat just as quietly as she did. He wasn’t the type to just sit about without a reason or so he’d made it seem in the few weeks he’d been her primary escort of sorts. Still, the curiosity wasn’t a burning one and so it was a fair bit of time before she actually said anything.

The observation was almost joking on Il Lupo’s part. She offered a shrug in answer and otherwise said nothing in turn about it. The endearment was a little odd coming from him as well but not enough for Rekka to actively comment about it.

Another stretch of silence had descended on them, one that Rekka did not break this time around. She hadn’t bothered to start reading nor had she turned a page. A week ago Il Lupo might have pointed this out though why he wasn’t now wasn’t something she could guess at. He hadn’t exactly shown he’d cared about her well-being then in any case so imagining that might be the reason why now was silly to her.

When he asked her something new he was trying to catch her eye again. More out of habit than a conscious effort she’d averted her gaze.

“No.” A simple answer for a simple question, she reasoned. “What do you want?”

If he was going to try to beat around the bush then Rekka wouldn’t let him. She didn’t want to talk, hadn’t left that room to do so. If Il Lupo thought that she had the he would be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 5:10 pm

Rue folded her hands, tapping her thumb along the side of her hand. Things were finally getting hashed out and that made her feel a little better. She was still plenty nervous but at least she felt she'd calmed a little.

The offer to draw lingered in the air for several seconds before Torres expressed an interest in it. That was a bit of weight off her shoulders. She took solace in the activity and it would be easier for her than simply explaining things.

Hilary had offered to bring these drawing to Torres after a weeks time. That would give her enough time to draw a few.

"I could manage some in a weeks time," she agreed afterward.

Provided she had some means to draw, she couldn't imagine why she wouldn't be able to. She could take the box of charcoal, or what was left of it, to continue drawing. If she ran out, she could find more or work through other means.

It was only after that did Torres decide she would remain in Havana. She couldn't find reason to argue this. If she wasn't being put on a ship, she wouldn't complain at all.

Arrangements were being hashed out as to where she would stay. Again, she couldn't find any reason to argue over this. If anything, she was becoming familiar with Hilary and Manuel. That left her feeling a little more comfortable than having to stay in a place she was unfamiliar with once again.

----[x]----

Il Lupo sat back quietly, waiting on her to say something. She was curt and didn't seemed to want to meet his gaze. Lately that had been happening quite a bit. No eye contact to be shared with anyone, really.

When she did avert her gaze, she at least indulged him in speaking a little. While her words would have been sharp before, Il Lupo found they were no dull and had little bite to them. This shouldn't have surprised him. More or less, it was just a little sad to witness.

He heaved a brief sigh before he shook his head. How could he break this news without putting her into a worse state? For all he knew however, she might not react the way he expected.

"To bring news," he replied, watching her expression. She didn't seem to take much interest and without a reply, he plowed on. "I suppose you haven't heard about the marriage?"

As little as that had caught her attention, at least it was something. She lifted her head only a little, attentive now that he had started to speak. Whether she cared or not however remained to be seen.

"I was informed recently," he started, shifting his weight slightly in the chair, "that it has been decided you and I will be married."

He studied her for a long moment. Il Lupo hadn't expected her to remain so calm. He expected her to lash out or look devastated or something. Instead, he was left with little in terms of a reaction. Il Lupo wasn't sure how he felt about that.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 6:03 pm

Arrangements hashed out there weren’t much else that needed talking about. Torres had spared a few moments more to ask about certain things with the items on the table but otherwise nothing new was brought up. In a whole the meeting had lasted shorter than Manuel had been anticipating. Soon enough they had been dismissed, luck wished upon them as they left.

It was only when they’d exited the grounds did anyone speak up.
“That couldn’t have gone better if we’d wanted it to,” Hilary noted, sounding pleased.

“Indeed,” Manuel said, turning to glance at Rue, “you’ve made a good first impression, little rabbit.”

This seemed to embarrass her a little, perhaps still nervous about it all. Things had gone smoothly though there was still the future to worry about after all. Manuel didn’t think that there was much need to see it that way but Rue seemed like the type who might.

Later they would need to see if Rue had enough materials to keep her drawings going. They still had to find someone who might teach her violin to boot though Manuel knew that wasn’t a top priority and could be fulfilled at any time. There was no need to rush those things.

----[x]----
She heard him sighing again, sounding much louder in the quiet room that he actually was. His eyes were on her, she could feel his gaze though didn’t react or say a thing about it. If he needed something so badly he was willing to sit there for a long stretch of time just to get her attention then he could spit it out.

Eventually he’d spoken up, mentioning a marriage. Confusion sparked in her at that, what marriage? She didn’t know any couples around here or heard any fuss that would mean someone had proposed.

Il Lupo continued without word from her, shuffling in his seat again. He almost seemed to be nervous but of what? It didn’t take long to find out.

Rekka sat, staring down at that book even still. Her frown deepened, uncertain how to feel about that news. A week ago it would have been enough to cause her to lash out or vehemently refuse but now there was little motivation to do anything about it. Something told her that no matter what she felt or said on the matter it wasn’t going to change anything. That thought seemed to settle into the pit of her stomach where it sat heavily.

“Oh,” she murmured. Rekka couldn’t be sure but it felt like Il Lupo had been waiting for something more. For the life of her she didn’t know what though.

The quiet was back as all sorts of new thoughts and worries swirled in her head. The when, the whys, how everything went in this day and age… Rekka wasn’t even sure if she’d have an actual part in planning this wedding other than taking part in it as the bride. For all she knew she was going to be shoved into the little peg hole molded just for her in this situation. The thought was distressing though she tried to ignore that.

She reached up to finally close the book she hadn’t actually been reading. There was a question stuck at the forefront of her mind, one that she was a little scared of asking. If she didn’t know the answer to it then she could blissfully ignore the marriage until the actual date. Rekka told herself that but she knew better, someone or something would consistently remind her of it.

“When?”
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 9:30 pm

Rue felt a fair bit better after things had been hashed out and everything was done. While she worried a little about what might come, the here and now was important too. The other worries would be pushed aside for the time being.

Being dismissed, she was able to exhale a sigh of relief. Things could have been worse, she figured, and figured being honest was what saved her here. If she had said anything else or lied, she wondered what might have happened.

It wasn't until after they'd left the area did Hilary speak up. She lifted her head a little higher before she'd ducked it again, feeling a little embarrassed.

She folded her hands, sparing a small smile in response. Once again, her thumb tapped against her palm, merely a motion to keep her hands busy. In time, she wouldn't have to worry about that. Drawing would keep her hands busy again.

"Good, I'm glad to hear that," she replied.

Rue was a fidgety one and that left people a little unsure of what the best way to deal with her was. She could draw in some confidence but it didn't happen as often as she would have liked.

She wasn't sure what would be attended to next, if there was anything else to be had. For all intents and purposes, she was merely following for the time being and she felt comfortable that way. She could take things in as they went along.

----[x]----

Whether or not she felt his stare wasn't important. His gaze could have lingered longer but there was no reaction. She was quiet and remained that way for several moments.

When he announced the news, confusion washed over her features. Elaborating had helped her come to realization. Even then, she didn't lash out at him as he expected. She was quiet, seeming to mull it over.

Her gaze lingered on that book, her frown deepening. Il Lupo frowned as well, leaning forward. He rested his elbows on the table top.

When she did reply, it was so simple it left him taken aback. Il Lupo tipped his head to one side, curiosity washing over him. Instead of any bite or disappointment, she acted as if she simply accepted it. That didn't sit well with him, having seen this woman's attitude earlier in the week.

She closed her book, leaning back. Whatever was on her mind was left unsaid. Instead, she'd simply asked when the marriage would take place. Il Lupo sucked in a breath, motioning toward her.

"A few months," he answered after a moment. "That is if nothing comes up to interrupt any of those plans."

Once more, she looked thoughtful. What left him a little unsure was the lack of emotion about the news. Was she so far gone at this point that she just didn't care? He frowned at that, unsure of how to handle it. In all his years, he had never met anyone quite like this. For once, he felt conflicted about it.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 10:11 pm

There hadn’t been much to talk about while they headed back to Hilary’s home. Rue just seemed to be happy that the meeting was done and over with, if that left her pleased than Manuel would do nothing to ruin her mood.

Halfway there, however, Hilary had to excuse himself to handle something in the immediate area. Manuel had merely waved him off, promising to see that Rue was kept safe for the day. It was then that he turned back to her, perhaps she wanted to do some more wandering about that day. It was still humid but not nearly as bad as it had been the day before.

“Perhaps we might do some wandering of our own?” he offered.

There was nothing to do but to wait now for her answer. She was already looking about them as it was. Havana was a large place and she’d only seen a fraction of it. If nothing else it might provide them with a bit to do before they’d settle back inside for the day. Rue wasn’t a fan of this heat and it showed.

His steps had slowed as Rue thought over the offer. If she wasn’t comfortable leading that Manuel would have to take it upon himself to do so though this wasn’t a problem. He was familiar with Havana and knew the safer places.

----[x]----
It wasn’t hard to realize he was waiting for her reaction. Even he wasn’t rushing into this explanation, a far cry from the way he’d handled things before. There was a moment where Rekka brooded over that, how even Il Lupo could be slowed by something and be forced to take care.

He was quiet, maybe waiting for more of a response from her. There was that long stretch of quiet again in the meantime before she’d closed the book and asked something else. It was only then that she realized he’d leaned further against the table, elbows resting upon its surface.

A few months, that wasn’t a lot of time at all. She’d heard of arranged marriages in other parts of the world, over in India for instance, where they learned to love each other but this? Rekka could barely stand Il Lupo and his attitude, his relentless mocking had only stopped when it was clear she would be of no help to their cause. How could she come to care for someone who only bothered about her wellbeing when it meant the side he fought for would not gain answers she had?

Despite any thoughts on the matter, and they were plenty, Rekka didn’t bother to voice any of them. If she’d learned one thing here it was that her thoughts and feelings on anything that concerned her didn’t much matter in the long run, not to the ones running the show anyways.

“I see,” she muttered.

There wasn’t anything else to say. Even still it felt like Il Lupo was waiting for something. Maybe he expected her to throw a fit, to rant and rave and deny the whole thing or to storm off. Rekka was exhausted and didn’t have any of that in her though. Once again it wouldn’t make any difference anyways.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 12:15 am

She had spared a brief glance Hilary's way as he left. Rue wasn't sure what he did in Havana or where he went off to but didn't ask. It wasn't her business and if there was a point either wanted to explain, she would listen.

Manuel's steps had slowed, offering to wander Havana again. She felt better knowing that she had the chance instead of heading back to Hilary's home. She wanted to witness more of it, even if the heat was a bother to her.

A smile tugged at her lips at that, "I would like that," she replied. "I don't suppose you would mind taking the lead?"

For the most part, Rue felt comfortable as an observer, a wall flower of sorts, and liked to follow. Feeling comfortable was only half of it. Following allowed her to take in more when she wasn't worrying about where she was heading or where she would end up.

Manuel didn't seem to mind this idea and started them off. She kept to his side despite any lingering pain in her knee. For the moment, the heat went ignored as well.

Her gaze was already drifting, hoping to take a few things in while she could. This place was a fair bit larger than her home and been. Until her knee or the heat bothered her, she hoped to be able to wander it for a while.

----[x]----

Rekka didn't have much to say, even after the announcement. There was little he could do about it however. He dismissed himself after that, leaving her alone as it seemed she wanted to be.

Days passed in a mundane manner after that. Il Lupo took to his work and did not bother Rekka. No one could draw the woman out of her shell.

Gian had been following Il Lupo about of recent after that, offering advice. He seemed more attentive to Rekka's situation, trying to help her when he could. Much to Gian's disappointment, he often went ignored too.

The advice Gian often spouted did not go unheeded though Il Lupo didn't let the other man know that. For the most part, he waved Gian off but still listened.

Il Lupo shouldn't have done it but he located her items at one point. The least important, that little doll of hers, he managed to take. On a day she was not in her room, he left the doll on her bed. In a way, he hoped this would give her reason to have something that was hers again.

He could only wait to see the result, already having it in mind to be a little gentler with her, try to get to know her. While it wasn't his usual style, he saw no harm in trying something new.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:15 am

”If it pleases you,” he said lightly, gesturing for her to follow after him. He kept an even pace, slowing down for her. The last thing he needed was to have to carry her around because he’d been walking too fast for her knee to handle.

As they walked Manuel made sure to point out the more interesting places. If she asked any questions then Manuel made sure to answer them as best that he could. At times she expressed an interest in certain places and so he made sure to linger about them for her to observe them to her liking. They had no further arrangements to see to and no time constraints to force.

It was during a time when they’d been standing about, eyeing one of the more ornate buildings did Manuel speak up to drive a conversation forward. “You seem rather enamored with everything you see here.”

If nothing else there was that excitement on her face when she took in something new. Manuel had to wonder what her home had looked like to be this taken by Havana. If she spoke up about it he might get a better picture or maybe things had changed so much it would be impossible to envision.

He would wait for her to start off again before leading the way. It would be best if she got her fill while there was still daylight. A lot could be done in the cover of night, after all and who knew if any assassins had realized she was valuable.

----[x]----
Il Lupo did not linger any longer than that. It was hard to tell if he was disappointed at her reaction or something else, she still couldn’t shake the feeling that been expecting something else from her. She tried not to dwell on that long over the following days.

There wasn’t much to look forward to the following days. Il Lupo left her alone despite the news he’d shared though Gian seemed to take it upon himself to visit her when he wasn’t busy. Despite the attempts he made Rekka still couldn’t bring herself to draw out of, well, herself. Often he just took to rambling as she stared at nothing in particular.

It wasn’t for a few days was there a change in the routine and even then it was a small thing, something that caught her eye. Rekka had been heading back to that room, meaning to pick up that book she’d toted around. She couldn’t say what had her glancing towards her bed but she had only to stop at the sight of the little toy sitting atop it.

The green and brown contrasted against the comforter and had been easy to spot. Rekka picked it up cautiously, half afraid it wasn’t really there at all. The Chespin toy was real, a familiar weight in her hands. For a minute she could only stare at it in disbelief—who had brought it back?

She brought the toy to her lips, resting what would be its forehead against them in thought. This wasn’t the sort of thing she’d expected of anyone here. Gian was the exception but he wasn’t of a high enough rank to get to her things as far as she knew.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]   [AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[AC] Counting Stars [1-on-1 rp]
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next