AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PokéPartner : Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 2nged5x

Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 8:34 pm

Wandering Leo wrote:
Ram's Desire wrote:

My favorite is still his "an idle mind is a dangerous one, I think of violence!"

And because Oki and I were bullshitting on skype, we've got an almost head canon going on for Mordecai because of this profile of his. It states that he dislikes eating though doesn't elaborate. When I went into it the only conclusion I could come up with that made sense for his character was the same logic my mother uses -- she drinks heavily, or she used to, and she didn't eat when she did because she claimed it made her feel sick if she ate while she drank. Figured that sort of logic would be along the same lines as Mordecai's considering he's an alcoholic.

I remember General Knox saying something about his weight/ability to use a sniper rifle because of his thin figure. Something along the lines of someone get this kid a sandwich.

It looks like thats from his profile from the first game, I don't think he was that heavy a drinker then but it works beautifully for the rps setting!

That's interesting! I didn't know anything like that though, I don't know a lot about weapons in general.

Given the time, I think it might work out. That's an odd 'dislike' but if we can roll with it, we'll be good I think~.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 8:37 pm

Wandering Leo wrote:
Ram's Desire wrote:

My favorite is still his "an idle mind is a dangerous one, I think of violence!"

And because Oki and I were bullshitting on skype, we've got an almost head canon going on for Mordecai because of this profile of his. It states that he dislikes eating though doesn't elaborate. When I went into it the only conclusion I could come up with that made sense for his character was the same logic my mother uses -- she drinks heavily, or she used to, and she didn't eat when she did because she claimed it made her feel sick if she ate while she drank. Figured that sort of logic would be along the same lines as Mordecai's considering he's an alcoholic.

I remember General Knox saying something about his weight/ability to use a sniper rifle because of his thin figure. Something along the lines of someone get this kid a sandwich.

It looks like thats from his profile from the first game, I don't think he was that heavy a drinker then but it works beautifully for the rps setting!
Yeah, I'd heard about that. I still can't believe he's supposed to be 39-years-old come the first game though, he doesn't look like he's out of his twenties in that one!

I don't remember him being a huge drinker then either but I haven't played extensively with him in that one yet, I've been playing as Lilith like some of the articles on gearboxsoftware.com state the most character development you get from the original four Vault Hunters are what snippets they say during combat/finding loot or what other characters say about them. It makes it a little hard to go off of from the first game because of that sometimes...
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 8:42 pm

Ram's Desire wrote:
Wandering Leo wrote:
Ram's Desire wrote:

Yeah, I'd heard about that. I still can't believe he's supposed to be 39-years-old come the first game though, he doesn't look like he's out of his twenties in that one!

I don't remember him being a huge drinker then either but I haven't played extensively with him in that one yet, I've been playing as Lilith like some of the articles on gearboxsoftware.com state the most character development you get from the original four Vault Hunters are what snippets they say during combat/finding loot or what other characters say about them. It makes it a little hard to go off of from the first game because of that sometimes...

That really would. I'm glad that if anything, they gave a little more snippets of our current Vault Hunters with recordings.

Though, I've yet to play the first game. I'll have to see about how that one goes.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 8:52 pm

Fox Face wrote:
That really would. I'm glad that if anything, they gave a little more snippets of our current Vault Hunters with recordings.

Though, I've yet to play the first game. I'll have to see about how that one goes.
I can't remember which article it was but I remember that they said they had some difficulty deciding on how to introduce Lilith in Borderlands 2 before they decided "let's introduce her like a new character anyways!" due to how the first game ran. I don't believe you can find any ECHOs of the original four in the first one that better detailed their past and personalities like you can with Borderlands 2, so the second game is the one which has the original four really coming into their own personalities, so to speak.

still needs the DLC super bad for the first one
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 8:55 pm

Ram's Desire wrote:
Fox Face wrote:

I can't remember which article it was but I remember that they said they had some difficulty deciding on how to introduce Lilith in Borderlands 2 before they decided "let's introduce her like a new character anyways!" due to how the first game ran. I don't believe you can find any ECHOs of the original four in the first one that better detailed their past and personalities like you can with Borderlands 2, so the second game is the one which has the original four really coming into their own personalities, so to speak.

still needs the DLC super bad for the first one

It seems like a good decision on their part. At least, what with some coming into the second game and not playing the first such as myself. I know others would have done the same was well.

Also, I can't not like Brick. It's just random, but Brick is awesome. The guys like a super big brother or something.

But anyways! Any new ideas to throw out there? I'm still thinking of nicknames. For your Oc, Fang, I wanted to throw the nickname 'Lady' on her. Cause I have trouble remembering names, I'm gonna play off the excuse that Gypsy could 'remember her name started with an L but that was it'.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 8:58 pm

Fox Face wrote:
It seems like a good decision on their part. At least, what with some coming into the second game and not playing the first such as myself. I know others would have done the same was well.

Also, I can't not like Brick. It's just random, but Brick is awesome. The guys like a super big brother or something.

But anyways! Any new ideas to throw out there? I'm still thinking of nicknames. For your Oc, Fang, I wanted to throw the nickname 'Lady' on her. Cause I have trouble remembering names, I'm gonna play off the excuse that Gypsy could 'remember her name started with an L but that was it'.
That's actually why they went that route, if I recall right. Something about how [paraphrasing, ahoy!] "new fans would get to know her while old fans were all 'awesome, it's Lilith!'"

Yo, love the "Lady" thing and the excuse behind it! I'm totally up for that! And I've got no new ideas just yet, still trying to come up with some more small, cutesy ideas for Salvador/Banshee and Zer0/Gypsy to fill out space between main story.
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PokéPartner : Sweetums

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 9:03 pm

That was me my first play through, Lilith was the only class I played in the first game /w\ I loved her character to death~

I got nothing new to add to the table either right now. Been a long day.
Back to top Go down
http://wanderingleo.tumblr.com/
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 9:06 pm

Wandering Leo wrote:
That was me my first play through, Lilith was the only class I played in the first game /w\ I loved her character to death~

I got nothing new to add to the table either right now. Been a long day.
Haha, I played the other three long enough to get their action skill trophies but no further. When Oki gets a copy of the first game I plan on playing through as Mordecai so if I get any new headcanons or insights on him through that playthrough I'll drop 'em down here for you for discussion time~.

You know, when Brick comes into the picture we could probably have him promote the rough housing between Banshee and Salvador. He seems like the type to enjoy watching people wrestle around wow that came out dirty haha.
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 9:07 pm

Ram's Desire wrote:
Fox Face wrote:

That's actually why they went that route, if I recall right. Something about how [paraphrasing, ahoy!] "new fans would get to know her while old fans were all 'awesome, it's Lilith!'"

Yo, love the "Lady" thing and the excuse behind it! I'm totally up for that! And I've got no new ideas just yet, still trying to come up with some more small, cutesy ideas for Salvador/Banshee and Zer0/Gypsy to fill out space between main story.

They made the right decision there then! Lot of people tend to do take the wrong route and it comes off as clunky.

I'm glad! I liked that as a nickname and the excuse kinda just hit me afterward~.

The most I had was the brutal idea today. Like friggen Joel saving Ellie brutal or worse. XD

We need more cutesy ideas!
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 9:25 pm

Ram's Desire wrote:

Haha, I played the other three long enough to get their action skill trophies but no further. When Oki gets a copy of the first game I plan on playing through as Mordecai so if I get any new headcanons or insights on him through that playthrough I'll drop 'em down here for you for discussion time~.

You know, when Brick comes into the picture we could probably have him promote the rough housing between Banshee and Salvador. He seems like the type to enjoy watching people wrestle around wow that came out dirty haha.

I'd only ever play with my brother and he was always Mordecai so I got a lot of ideas saved up from our time playing. I'm pretty sure I wrote them down somewhere back when I went through a Borderlands kick fic wise. Hopefully I can find them!

Ah yes, fight for Bricks amusement haha it's so in character for him though wow
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 9:32 pm

Wandering Leo wrote:
Ram's Desire wrote:

I'd only ever play with my brother and he was always Mordecai so I got a lot of ideas saved up from our time playing. I'm pretty sure I wrote them down somewhere back when I went through a Borderlands kick fic wise. Hopefully I can find them!

Ah yes, fight for Bricks amusement haha it's so in character for him though wow
Ooooh! If you find them do share, I'd love to hear what your ideas were! :D

Isn't it though? I remember when Lilith claimed she'd rip Roland's clothes right off him if he survived, Mordecai was all mortified he was even hearing about it while Brick was super into hearing about it!
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 8:54 pm

Ram's Desire wrote:

Isn't it though? I remember when Lilith claimed she'd rip Roland's clothes right off him if he survived, Mordecai was all mortified he was even hearing about it while Brick was super into hearing about it!

So far all I can find are really old fics and a little snippet on Bloodwing

I shipped those two crazy kids so hard in the first one it wasn't even funny /w\ I'm glad she flirts with him in 2~ Brick is just like yes that is what we need violence!

I'm working on a little project for our characters too, like the little title cards and what not. Still debating if they'll have something quirk to say or just 'Blank as the Blank' What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Grenin10

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 9:21 pm

Wandering Leo wrote:
Ram's Desire wrote:

I shipped those two crazy kids so hard in the first one it wasn't even funny /w\ I'm glad she flirts with him in 2~ Brick is just like yes that is what we need violence!

I'm working on a little project for our characters too, like the little title cards and what not. Still debating if they'll have something quirk to say or just 'Blank as the Blank' What do you guys think?

That sounds like a cool idea, Canned! If anything, we might be able to help you out! I really like the sound of it~.

And I'll get the rp replied to when I get home. I've got Axton's half already typed out on a Word Doc. I'm just at work right now, so I can't tend to Gypsy's part yet!
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 9:40 pm

blackoutAssassin wrote:
Wandering Leo wrote:

That sounds like a cool idea, Canned! If anything, we might be able to help you out! I really like the sound of it~.

And I'll get the rp replied to when I get home. I've got Axton's half already typed out on a Word Doc. I'm just at work right now, so I can't tend to Gypsy's part yet!
@Canned: Awww, sadface! Well if you remember anything let us know~ We love hearing new headcanons and ideas!

I really like that idea, too... I can't believe I didn't think of that myself! I think it'd be cuter to have something quirky instead of just "as the [blank]" -- I was disappointed that they did that with Lilith though an article I read said they had to because some people didn't realize she was the Firehawk.

@Oki: Take your time, girl!
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 9:48 pm

I know I was so eager to see what they would say for Lilith too!

Alright great! Let me know if you two think of something you want for your quirky little saying!

Also, my internet will probably be resetting sometime later this week, I won't be back till the 27th when it does! Hopefully, I'll have the intros done by the time I get back!
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 9:52 pm

Wandering Leo wrote:
I know I was so eager to see what they would say for Lilith too!

Alright great! Let me know if you two think of something you want for your quirky little saying!

Also, my internet will probably be resetting sometime later this week, I won't be back till the 27th when it does! Hopefully, I'll have the intros done by the time I get back!
Right?! Stupid play testers! I thought it was obvious she was the Firehawk when you got up in there and she was the only one there, even without the title card telling me she was the Firehawk!

Ah, thanks for the heads up, Canned! We'll be sure to keep jotting down any ideas and discussions we have for the rp here when your internet is waiting to reset so you'll have any those we think of when you get back. :3

by the way I ship Roland/Lilith super hard, they're too damn adorable together
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 5:13 pm

So, I am a little ashamed to admit that I have no new ideas even after playing as Mordecai in the first game...
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 5:15 pm

I am not much better on that subject! Really sorry! Beggar

Albeit, we were focusing on other things as well!
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 6:36 pm

Then you're in luck, I found some snippets of plot from my old Borderlands stuff and it just so happens one was centered on Mordecai. Really it was just a way of poking the bear so to speak! It was about how he really doesn't like the Trexican Wrestle comment at the beginning of the game and it's kinda just built off of that.

also I finished the title cards!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 6:40 pm

Oh, do share!

And those are amazing, Canned! You did a great job! Love the designs and what you thought up for them! So cool~. >w<
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 7:14 pm

Oh, you found one? Do share~.

And those look great, Canned, you did an amazing job on them!
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 7:39 pm

Thanks you guys! I'm glad you like them~ uvu
It kinda just involved Mordecai getting really sour over a little teasing about his mask and overall appearance and ended with the old version of Banshee having to go to ridiculous lengths to show she was just joking.

I figure Larissa would be the one to poke fun in a completely joking manner and have Mordecai get extremely defensive, maybe even have Axton step in like 'you gotta ditch that stick man, she's just joking'
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 8:03 pm

Wandering Leo wrote:
Thanks you guys! I'm glad you like them~ uvu
It kinda just involved Mordecai getting really sour over a little teasing about his mask and overall appearance and ended with the old version of Banshee having to go to ridiculous lengths to show she was just joking.

I figure Larissa would be the one to poke fun in a completely joking manner and have Mordecai get extremely defensive, maybe even have Axton step in like 'you gotta ditch that stick man, she's just joking'
That actually sounds like it would be really adorable!
Back to top Go down
Wandering Leo
Super Mod
Super Mod
Wandering Leo

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 8:30 pm

Ram's Desire wrote:

That actually sounds like it would be really adorable!

Thanks uvu I'm thinking it could be used to defuse or even refuse some drama later in the rp~
Back to top Go down
Dream Drops
Admin
Admin
Dream Drops

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 11:45 pm

I don't have any new ideas as of the moment but I wanted to say I'll get to the rp when I can. My motivation hasn't been in a working mood as of today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread   Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mercy Me Discussion/Idea Thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next