AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
|ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
|ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
|ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
|ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
|ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
|ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
|ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
|ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
|ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
|ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
|ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
|ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

|ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP|

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Grenin10

|ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP|   |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 5:53 pm

Lalia stepped backward when the cave started to rumble as violently as it did. That only served to worsen her nerves in this strange place. She swallowed the lump in her throat, trying to ignore the nagging feeling she got in here.

The others seemed alright with wandering in when the door opened. Lalia still lingered back when Shaun had spoken up.

She shifted her weight momentarily, glancing at him. Something about this place still seemed off to her. He as well as the other three acted as if this was normal. Perhaps for them, it was.

"This place doesn't seem at all safe," she finally spoke up, her throat straining a little, "it gives off a weird vibe..."

She wasn't sure if any of that made sense or not. Regardless, she forced herself to move forward. If there was something more lurking here, she didn't want to be involved with it.

"You guys coming?" Desmond's voice rang out. Lalia supposed there was something important going on here and tried not to linger too long. She followed Shaun in, trying to ignore the discomforts she had here.

¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨ [ ❊ ] ¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸

Matilda's words were a strange thing, just as strange as her if he let himself admit it. Connor had doubts he'd ever get used to her completely used to her even when she wore clothing similar to others. He tried not to think about that however.

He scrunched his nose when she had explained. Assuming he was akin to a child was a bit of an insult.

"I am no child," he answered. Regardless, he dropped any argument that might crop up. He thought of himself as a little more mature than what he had been back with his tribe. He was on a mission here, to train and one day hunt down the man who aided in his mothers death.

Blinking up at her once again, Connor studied her face. For a moment, there was an odd expression there as if what he said was strange. He tipped his head, wondering what it was about before she spoke again.

Connor paused briefly, looking down at himself. He shook his head, raising his head a little higher.

"That will come in due time," he responded, as if challenging her briefly, "what did you do before coming here then? Why do you look so strange compared to the other women?"

Matilda stuck out like a sore thumb and her words were even stranger. These 'slang' terms were unfamiliar to him. He wondered if he would ever run out of questions when it came to things like that now.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP|   |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 9:39 pm

Shaun shook his head, scoffing a little at Lalia's words. Of course this place gave off a weird vibe, it was from Those Who Came Before and anything to do with them often left the hair on the back of his neck standing on end. Now was no exception, he could imagine this might be a little overwhelming for the new girl, considering how she'd come to be with the group.

"These types of place rarely are safe," Shaun noted simply. There was no need to mince words even if Rebecca or Desmond might want to with Lalia.

Despite any reservations Lalia might have she did follow after them. If she picked up her pace to stay nearer to one of them Shaun didn't notice it much. It was dark enough down this tunnel that worrying about anything else but where his own feet were wasn't exactly important. They could deal with the small stuff after Desmond was in the Animus and all they could do was wait.

"Ah, I'm sure it'll be all right, what's the worst that can happen?" Rebecca chimed in. Shaun could imagine her shrugging. "Aside from the obvious, guys."

"Oh, lots of things, really! Should I count them all?" Shaun quipped.

"Not really. Stop being such an ass," she'd said just as quickly. There was a note of resignation in her voice, one that had slipped in more often than not. Then again they were always arguing like this.

"Then I'd just be fake," Shaun said, turning to Lalia then, "don't you think?"

----[x]----
Though Connor quickly denied being a kid Matilda didn't spare it much attention. Kids always said those types of things anyways, especially at the age he appeared to be at. Still, there wasn't much reason to make an argument out of it. It wasn't like she knew what buttons not to press with either Connor or Achilles after all. It seemed he had this in mind as well as the topic was quickly dropped in favor of another one.

When she mentioned his lack of muscle it took Connor a moment to answer, instead he'd glanced down at himself for a moment and then looked back to her. Matilda couldn't argue against what he said, he was still young and had yet to build any kind of muscle on him. She supposed they'd see what would come in the coming months, it wasn't like Matilda had anywhere else to go to. She didn't have any time to reply to that before he'd asked about her again.

It was her turn to glance at herself, at her clothes and to try to decide the best way to answer. Time traveling wasn't exactly easy to wrap one's head around and Matilda wasn't even sure if that was what happened. For all she knew she might be in a coma and dreaming this all up or in the nuthouse. She shook the thoughts away, there would be plenty of time to brood about it later.

"I guess you could say I'm kind of a foreigner. That and I'm not exactly going to let myself be bullied into acting how other people think I should," she finally said, hand on her hip. Worry flooded her that he might ask the where she came from question more persistently at that though brushed it aside for the time being. "As for what I did, I guess I just sat around and played games a lot." 'At least when I wasn't exhausted or feeling sick from those weird visions.'

Matilda was well aware of the kind of trouble that might bring her later, whether Connor was aware of that or not. From what she'd seen in those strange dreams involving him he'd been more or less in a tribe that had seemed to revolve around a matriarchy of sorts and not around the colonists that had settled in the areas and set up the cities and towns. Still, just a glimpse between her and those other women in old time-y Boston might have been enough for Connor to get an idea.
Back to top Go down
http://rams-desire.tumblr.com/
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP|   |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 10:10 pm

He was blunt about the danger here. Lalia tried not to be shaken by those thoughts, swallowing the lump in her throat. She glanced around the inner chamber, feeling her heart pound hard against her chest.

"It might not be as bad," Desmond agreed with Rebecca.

"Regardless, we need to be careful," William spoke up, there's no telling what could happen down here as it is. I'd rather avoid any unnecessary risks."

Lalia gnawed at her lip, trying not to be bothered by those words. Shaun's words rang out again, his attention turning to her briefly. She studied him briefly before she shook her head in response.

"Yea, I guess," she finally replied, albeit a little awkwardly. It was difficult enough to speak with strangers. At least they were trying though. They were friendlier then the last people, that was for sure.

For the most part, Matilda didn't say much in terms of an argument against his words. Perhaps she had none or she didn't want to deal with the fuss. Connor couldn't say only having known the woman for about a day and most of that time, she had been sleeping.

Silence overtook them for a few short minutes. Connor spared her a glance again. She seemed to be mulling something over once more. He wondered what might be on the strange woman's mind.

Eventually, she answered him. He blinked a little, surprised by what she had said. It wasn't uncommon for some to think this way but she had an air about her.

"You will not let anyone tell you what to do?" he inquired, a little curious, "I would imagine that is hard for a woman."

He hadn't been naive to how quiet the women normally were when they had gone out. Matilda was very different, after all, and it showed. 

"What kind of games?" he asked afterward. Connor was aware of many that he had learned from his tribe and friends. What she had to share might be interesting to hear about.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PokéPartner : |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Mightyena_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49af

PostSubject: Re: |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP|   |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 7:43 am

Despite all of their attempts at conversation and even carrying one out between themselves Lalia didn't add much to it. In the little light of the glow sticks swinging from their belt loops Shaun was sure he spotted her glancing around uneasily. It didn't do her much good considering nothing could really be made out in the darkness except for ahead of them. A large bit of the darkness was gone up ahead, a better lit cavern there for sure. Shaun wasn't sure what caused the bluish hue that seemed to come from it however.

The closer they got the larger that area became, the blue light bright enough that they were able to see by even without any added help. Shaun's gaze darted here and there, taking in the high roof of the cavern above them and the way the walls and odd structures jutted out from each other. Too much of this place was smooth, designs etched into them to be natural.

"Woah," Rebecca whispered to herself, glancing around at it.

There was simplicity in this place but for the huge opening afar, the light coming from what looked to be some kind of barrier that blocked their way. Shaun didn't get a chance to look at it for long or to make a beeline for it before Bill was instructing them to set things up, to get the Animus up and running and for Desmond to dive into those memories of his ancestors.

Shaun would make it a point to inspect that strange blue barrier, if that's what it even was, later. Things had to be set up after all. He glanced at Lalia, noting the way that she looked pale. Maybe it was the lighting here, he couldn't be sure.

"C'mon then, Lalia, want to make yourself useful?" he prodded. If nothing else many hands would make it all short work. There were things that could be set up by Lalia and it might take her mind off of whatever worries she had until Bill started questioning her about her time with Abstergo.

----[x]----
Surprise flitted over Connor's face and there was a slight tilt of his head as he regarded her after she answered his questions. For the most part he seemed latched on to questions about her personality and hobbies rather than where she was from. Perhaps these mattered the most to him considering they'd be staying in the same place for who knew how long.

Matilda nodded as she spoke up next. "Of course I won't. 'Well-behaved women hardly make history.' If I want to leave an impression, I can't sit quietly in the background and just be another pretty face, you know?"

That said, Matilda wasn't even sure what she was going to aim to do now. It would be hard enough just growing up in this time, as it were. Finding a job she would like, something to occupy her time with now that video games were no longer an option... The thought was a little daunting.

Her thoughts were torn from that worry as Connor interrogated more about these games she mention. Eyebrows knitted together she again had to try to think of a good answer that wouldn't leave him too confused. It was hard considering how high tech the things were compared to what he'd know about now. Matilda realized she'd never really be able to enjoy those video games again or their stories in their entirety, much less to share them with anyone.

"Well, maybe games is the wrong word to use, it's not something that can just be played at the drop of a hat," she stressed, beginning to ramble a bit in a bid to try to make sense, "I guess they were more like... interactive stories, real high tech stuff where I'm from. You control a character or a group of characters and you don't get the next piece of the story until you beat up some new boss monster or rival or reach a certain criteria or level. I'd often lose hours of my day playing them."

The quiet that followed was a little unnerving. If Connor tried to ask how these games worked Matilda might not be able to answer in a more satisfactory way. She'd rather not be backed up into some corner because of that.

"Sooo, when you're not bothering grouchy old men, what do you do for fun?" Matilda wondered hastily.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP|   |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 7:37 pm

Lalia trialed behind the group, perfectly content in doing so. The further in she got, the worse she felt as it was. It might have just been nerves, for all she knew. None of it was comforting, however.

The blue glow caught her attention as it did everyone the others. She blinked around the chamber, the odd etchings and glowing door catching her attention quickly.

Whatever this place was, it seemed that this was where they would be staying for who knew how long. Lalia tried not to spout too many questions though, she desperately wanted to.

"Looks like this is it," Desmond spoke up. He'd wandered distance, finally setting a crate down, "wonder what's behind the blue door."

In some sense, Lalia was wondering why it was there as well. She didn't bring it up. Already, William was starting to unpack things.

"The quicker we get things set up, the quicker we may have answers," the older man said, "we can poke about later."

Lalia glanced back at Shaun when he asked about another set of hands. For a moment she hesitated before she wandered over.

"Sure," she answered, "just tell me what to do." If anything, it was a distraction from her worries and thoughts.

It didn't take him long to discover how confident she was. That kind of talk didn't come from the women out in the city. There were some rebellious girls he'd seen but most of them quieted when scolded easily.

Matilda seemed different however and in a pleasant way at that. The women he'd seen were so mousy that it was a little annoying. Hearing this one speak out, strange as it was, was a nice change of pace.

"You are a strange woman," he admitted after a long pause, "but not in a way that it is bad."

He wasn't sure what he felt about all of this. In some sense, there was relief. For a long while, Connor had wondered about the woman in his dreams. Until they had faded, he didn't pay so much mind.

His next question went unanswered for another few moments. The way she looked at him, her eyebrows furrowing as they did, left him confused. Was she trying to think of a proper answer, one that he might understand?

It was his turn to be confused when she did answer however. "'Interactive stories'?" he echoed the words, "I have never heard of such a thing."

Matilda spoke of strange things as if they were normal. Connor wasn't sure of what to think about that. Were they normal to her? Where was she from that had things like this?

His thoughts were broken when she asked him a question instead. For a moment, he wasn't sure what to say, taken aback. He'd been asking so many questions for her to answer, after all.

"Oh, uh," he started nervously, "I climb trees, hunt, things like that. Training can be enjoyable too, when Achilles allow it."

Connor glanced up at a rather large tree nearby and pointed it out, "I have managed to climb up that one," he stated, an odd bit of lightness in his tone, "have you climbed anything so high?"
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP|   |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 8:39 pm

Bill was already setting things up, tugging them out of the crate he'd hefted in here. Lalia and Desmond were the only ones who hadn't carried any of the stuff here but it didn't matter much. Everything they had but the Animus was easily carried where they needed. The Animus would be harder to get down here safely though and would be the last thing to be set up.

Lalia didn't seem to mind being asked to give a helping hand, following Shaun over by Rebecca. There computers would all be set up in one neat little area though there was plenty of room in this huge cavern. Shaun could hardly believe this place was here at all though kept that thought to himself.

"We'll just be setting up the computers here," Shaun informed, "not much to it."

Popping open the crate he took to doing just that, tugging out the parts of the table they'd need to set up first. It was an easy thing to pop into place, the pieces relatively flimsy. No one went about kicking these things around though so Shaun wasn't too worried about it. They were cheap things and could easily be replaced if they had to be anyways.

"Let's get started then," he mumbled with a sigh. He was never very fond of setting up shop, so to speak. They'd be rushing to pack it all away one of these days anyways, he was sure of it.

----[x]----
Connor was quiet for a moment, just studying her. Matilda could only wait, curious as to what had him so silent now. Even if his words were carefully picked he'd at least kept up a steady flow of conversation until now. Perhaps something she'd said was cause for thought.

"H-huh?" She blinked, a note of alarm in her voice as if she'd never thought of how being different would have ever been a bad thing. "How would it have been a bad thing to be weird?"

The question went unanswered, instead focusing on the other topics at hand. Whatever they'd come inside for seemed to be forgotten for the moment, standing inside that dusty old house and just chatting. Outside the nearest window she could spot Achilles speaking to another pair of men, gesturing to the wagon loaded down with all sorts of supplies.

Though Matilda did her best to explain video games in a way that Connor could understand and without giving too much away it didn't seem to do much good. However he imagined them to be it wouldn't ever be like what they really were, Matilda was sure of that much. There wasn't a reason to mention that though, she'd just let him think what he wanted about them instead.

When asked about what he did he'd listed off a few things, some of them she'd seen him do in those visions of hers. She blinked, glancing out the window to the tall tree he'd mentioned. She couldn't see the top of it from inside here though by the thickness of its trunk alone it was easily one of the taller ones around.

"No, I haven't," Matilda admitted, "at least not outside of those games I played and those don't really count..."
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP|   |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 11:42 pm

Desmond had finally moved to get some supplies pulled out as well. They all seemed to get straight to work on this stuff though Lalia had little idea of what they were setting up.

She didn't try to ask questions while she waited on Shaun to set up a table. They all seemed preoccupied with their own thing for the time being. She instead focused on getting the computers set up afterward.

It was a simple task for her. She'd worked with them for so long, setting them up was very easy. There was a lot of equipment she couldn't make heads or tails of as they set things up though.

"So what is all of this for?" she decided to ask, hoping to get a favorable answer.

Abstergo hadn't given her many though they didn't seem surprised by that much. Whatever they did to her, they hadn't expected her to be taken away so soon. Perhaps in that sense, she might have learned more. For the time being, she could only count on these people for some kind of answer along the way.

The alarm in her voice wasn't missed. Connor glanced at her again, wide eyed for a moment. Had he offended her in some way? He hadn't meant it in a bad way, like he had said before.

Her words left him a little confused but then again, a little bit of all of this was confusing. She really was a strange woman.

"I do not know," he answered honestly, trying to quash the awkwardness in his voice, "is being strange a good thing? Most people do not care for such things."

People like Connor were typically hated by many. He didn't like the thought of it but could do little to prevent that now. He could only endure it through time.

If anything, she seemed to take some interest in the fact that he had climbed that tall tree. Connor smiled a little, if a tad proud of the accomplishment.

"You do not climb?" he replied, "perhaps I can teach you some time? If you do not mind that, that is."
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP|   |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 9:03 am

Lalia eventually asked about what all of this stuff was for even as she'd taken to setting up one of their many computers. One for each, aside from Desmond who was often in the Animus anyways in the last few months and the ones to come. Bill was setting his aside further from them though no one was really surprised by this.

It was Rebecca who answered Lalia before Shaun could even open his mouth.
"We need to keep contact with all sorts of other people out there that are trying to fight too but mostly Shaun just trolls the internet for more information as we need it."

"There's more than just trolling, thank you very much. There's a lot of historical information on events, places and people, and even things, that our lovely Desmond might not have the knowledge about. God for bid anyone pick up a history book these days," Shaun sniffed, shooting Rebecca a look. She just waved him off.

"We also need to bring Baby down too. It's used for rooting around in your ancestor's memories," Rebecca continued on, also ignoring the rebuttal Desmond had had to Shaun in the meantime. Lalia seemed to be drinking this information up as it came, confusion flitting over her face at the mention of the animus Rebecca had built.

"She means the animus, it's her own model based off of Abstergo's. Don't mind her if she starts bragging about it," Shaun warned under his breath, leaning towards Lalia as he had. Afterwards he took to tending to the newly set up computer. If he was lucky he'd get out of having to help lug the animus down next in the dark.

----[x]----
Connor blinked up at her, eyes wide. Instead of a good answer Matilda got questions in return. The alarm in her voice must have caught him off guard, at least that was her best guess. The idea of being odd seemed to be a concerning topic to them both though for different reasons. Matilda wondered if that was a product of the differences in eras they were born in. Even if this was all just in her head it was real enough to her anyways, that was the way she had to look at it now to avoid losing it entirely.

"But if everyone was the same then that would be boring," she pointed out in return.

He seemed to mull that over until the time she asked about what his hobbies might be. When she'd mentioned she hadn't climbed anything like that he seemed a little proud about something. Maybe it was the opportunity he tossed out there, teaching her to climb that high too. For a moment she didn't answer, just glanced back at that large tree. At least it would be something to do...

"No, I hadn't. People had a tendency to get paranoid when people did much climbing in the city, or much of anything that wasn't 'normal'," Matilda finally answered, "I wouldn't mind learning though."

She wasn't sure if she imagined it or not but Connor seemed happy about this arrangement. Maybe he felt there was finally some common ground between them after Matilda being so obviously different. It didn't seem like there were many people in this place anyways though she could hear new voices outside, at least two other men from the sounds of things. She wasn't sure if there was anyone else but if they were they weren't close to Achilles' home.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP|   |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 6:38 pm

Lalia listened to the answer. It was lengthy and she wasn't sure who these other people were fighting outside of this place. At the moment, she only knew that Abstergo was up to some strange things, witnessing that first hand.

"I see," she answered. The thought of fighting, whatever side this was, was a strange thought. What was going on here?

Desmond shot Shaun a quick look. This seemed a regular occurrence though, there was no further hostility. A simple rebuttal was shot back and that was it.

She only managed to furrow her eyebrows at the mention of 'bringing Baby down here.' Before she could ask, Shaun had already said something, explaining what it was to her in a hushed tone.

"And an animus does...?" she asked after a moment.

"It's a machine that lets a person basically explore their ancestors memories," Desmond answered her, only seeming to half pay mind to the conversation, "which is what I'll be doing most of the time down here."

The point she made in return was a matter of factly one. Connor had never really heard anyone say anything like this before. In fact, it was quite a unique thing to hear. In some manner of speaking, she was a rather unique woman herself.

"I suppose I can not argue against that," he replied, "perhaps different is for the better, when it comes to you."

He didn't know how she ran her life before this point. The odd things she talked about were one thing. Everything else, however, he could only assume at this point.

Matilda studied the large tree outside. She looked uncertain of it for a moment and Connor could take a little pride in that. She seemed fearless to a point. Still, that was a long way up and it wasn't easy coming down.

"I will teach you then," he answered, an odd bit of excitement in his tone. He normally was a subdued type but the opportunity to teach didn't come often. "Unless you are frightened, of course."

It was a light prod. Something told him she was far from fearful of the height. Maybe it was a challenge she could tackle straight on or just would give her something to do. Connor was rather interested to find out.
Back to top Go down
MadHattersPassion
Zer0
Zer0
MadHattersPassion

PostSubject: Re: |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP|   |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 9:17 pm

If she had a lot of questions on the matter Lalia didn't voice any of them. The only one that cropped up was about the animus and Shaun was very surprised about that. Abstergo's inner workings weren't public knowledge for a reason and their use of the animus was top secret. Only because of the intel their moles had gathered did they even know about it.

Desmond was the one to answer that question, explaining that the animus was mostly for his use. Still Shaun did want to delve into it at least once, see what kind of ancestors he had. Hopefully they weren't all brutish types and all. Mostly he was shot down when he proposed the idea though.

"Don't get too pudgy, Desmond; been gaining a bit of weight with all that laying around I see," Shaun pointed out, sparing a discreet glance to the other man.

"So, who's gonna help me drag Baby down here? Shaun?" Rebecca asked, standing up straighter.

"Busy here! Setting up computers and all, you'd all be hopeless with these things if I weren't here to do it and all," Shaun quickly answered, noticeably refusing to look at her. "Have Desmond help you, he could stand to lose a few pounds."

He could hear Rebecca huffing though she didn't try to force Shaun to help either. Lalia still hovered near him, perhaps waiting for something else to do. She didn't seem to have much initiative but then it wasn't like it was obvious about what they were doing either. It might have all seemed like they were insane to her.

----[x]----
Matilda could only wait for Connor to answer now. Though she hadn't said much in terms of why weird wasn't always so bad he was taking his time, maybe mulling it over while he studied her again. She noticed he seemed to be doing that a lot in the short time she'd been awake over the course of the days traveling here.

It was a surprising reply that she got. It was good that she was odd? If he didn't mean it to be a bad thing then Matilda would let the topic drop, he had honestly seemed surprised that she might take any offense to it being considered as such after all. If nothing else it was obvious he wasn't trying to be insulting in any way.

"If you say so," Matilda relented lightly.

Now that they had some semblance of plans to do with each other, even if it was something as simple as tree climbing, Connor seemed pleased. It was a little cute, seeing him get a little proud over a small achievement and then getting just as happy at the possible prospect of being able to show off a little. Maybe his curiosity about her helped him be a little more outgoing, he'd seemed like the cautious type before back in Boston.

"Yeah, you wish," she scoffed, smiling at Connor while she did, "but let's not forget what we came in here for; I still need a change of clothes, you know."

While she wasn't overly fond of the fashions in this era there wasn't much she could do. She could sew a few things but she wasn't adept it and could only pull off simpler things without a pattern. Matilda supposed she'd at least have some kind of a project later if she took that sort of thing up.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP|   |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 1:56 pm

No one seemed to express surprise that she didn't know what this 'animus' was. If she recalled, she heard passing word once in a while but that was it.

Shaun had taken to taunting Desmond after he had explained what the animus did. Desmond had merely shook a look again, something of a normality once more. It seemed Shaun liked to pick about the group but not in a manner that was too ill spirited.

"You're hilarious," Desmond shot back, a brief roll of his eyes following, "not all of us have time to do yoga, you know."

Lalia tended to a computer that she'd been hooking up. There wasn't a whole lot that she could do in terms of help but it was something to keep her busy. She still wasn't really sure of what to say to these people though, spending weeks without too much talking took it's toll as well.

"I'll help you out, Rebecca," Desmond offered, ignoring Shaun's comment. With that said, the two were off. Bill was already at his computer, getting it turned on for who knew what.

"So I suppose things are always like this?" Lalia asked, pulling back from the computer after she had turned on the machine.

The conversation died down a little bit. Connor didn't push it any more then he needed to. What was said was said. She might have been an odd one but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. It would just take time to get used to.

The focus on the conversation was more on the tree and climbing it now. Connor was interested in how she might go about it when they did try. Saying that it could be done and actually doing it were very different things.

A chuckle left him as she spoke again. There was an air of confidence in her words. He wondered if she was like this all of the time, confident.

"Good," he responded with a grin, "then we shall start when you are ready for it."

If anything, that would give them something to do in their down time. The fact that they needed to find her clothing to change into.

"Ah, of course," he replied, starting forward again, "the old man would know more about it then me. Perhaps he has found something?"

They had wandered for quite a bit now. For all they knew, he had found something and was waiting on them. He wasn't one to go looking about for Connor if he didn't have to, after all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP|   |ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP| - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

|ACIII| Imagination Forest |1-on-1 RP|
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2