AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Grenin10

[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 11:29 pm

Ilana nodded in response before sparing a glance around. The wind brushing by was a little chilly. The sound of it hitting the leaves was oddly comforting however. She wouldn't have believed she could hear so much of it at once.

"That's fine," she replied easily.

He took his time answering her other question. From what he could offer, he'd met one and come across others. Ilana hoped that the situation never cropped up for her. If those people were friendly, she would be fine. Anything else, she'd be worried.

It wasn't a moment afterward did he reassure her not to worry. She blinked, glancing at him again. There was an air of confidence in his voice. She had no reason not to trust him on that, however.

"Well, I'll try not to," she said, "I might just be over thinking a lot of things."

Given that she dove into history books quite a bit, she knew enough about these hostile times. She worried about the worst happening or even encountering it. Ilana was aware that she might not have to worry at all. Settling them might have been in her best interest.

She paused for a moment afterward, thinking his response through. A small smile tugged at her lips before she spoke up again, "I think that's the first time you've used my name. Good, I'm glad!"

----| |x| |----

Kōga couldn't be sure what to do about all of this teasing. He felt more like he'd been cornered and that made things difficult. He wasn't so often at a loss for words until now.

"You're all trying to gang up on me," Kōga replied, "I know it."

Regardless, he waved it away rather easily. It was nice to feel light again. After so many days down, he preferred this lightness. At least they were all happy again.

"We're just having a little fun!" Ginta defended lightly,

Sachiko had decided to focus on the matter at hand however. They did need to get her something to wear, after all. He nodded in response, scenting the air. As much as he didn't like finding his fallen brothers, she needed their skin now.

"It's might take a while," he pointed out, "At least we've got a plan though. Sorry if I'm making you guys walk so far."

If anything, he knew he had Ginta and Hakkaku's support now. That was something of a comfort. Sachiko seemed to be in better spirits as well. He was relieved at that.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PokéPartner : [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 509

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 6:11 pm

Garret could feel that the conversation was drawing to a close, at least on this topic. All the same Ilana did reply, mentioning that she’d try not to worry too much about it. That was a relief to Garret. If she wasn’t stressing out about maybes then they would be fine.

It wasn’t until Ilana mentioned that he’d never used her name before did Garret glance at her again. “Hmm?”

He thought about it for a minute. ’Have I really not said it before now?’ he wondered. Something like that, he would have thought that he’d done so before. Apparently not.

“I would not have thought such a simple thing would be cause for joy,” he answered finally. Maybe for Ilana it was the simple things that mattered most, especially now.

If that was enough to do such simple things along the way, if that was the case then Garret would keep that in mind. It was an odd thing to have to keep in mind. Usually he was traveling alone as it was.

----[x]----

Kōga seemed grateful at the change of topic, no longer being ganged up on for teasing. She could swear that she heard him sniffing the air after she mentioned hurrying a little. Maybe he was trying to find any of his fallen wolves. He seemed to have many of them though Sachiko hadn’t seen any yet.

She shook her head at his next statement, brought out of her thoughts. “It’s all right.” In fact, she’d gotten used to all the walking. Running, however, was another matter entirely.

”Just say something if you need a break, sis,” Hakkaku replied.

Sachiko only nodded thought kept it in mind. Though her feet ached and, if they walked long enough, her knees would too she didn’t want to be the cause that they’d be slower. I seemed like usually they went at a quicker pace anyways. The fact that they were accommodating that for her was enough.

“I think I’ll be fine for awhile,” Sachiko answered. She didn’t want to make them keep starting and stopping.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 7:54 pm

Ilana smiled, a little bit of a laugh escaping her. It would have been silly to most that something like using her name made her happy. In some sense, maybe it was funny. She never had much of an opinion on the matter.

"I'm rather easy to please," she replied, "I like simple things."

She wasn't someone hard to please. Growing up poor and having to work for quite a few things, she apperciated little things that much more.

Ilana's hand took to her hat, keeping it in place as a gust of wind blew by. While there were no people on that path, it still worried her. She couldn't lose the hat, especially so when they did end up in the next town.

"I'm sorry. That might seem a little weird, huh?" she asked after a moment, a smile still on her lips.

For him, it might have been. Regardless, she wasn't offended either way. She was just happy that he remembered it. That in and of itself made her feel a little light.

----| |x| |----

Kōga listened to their simple words. They would be traveling rather far without much break. He was well aware that he'd pushed Sachiko this far only to turn back. In some sense, he felt rather bad about that. It wasn't as if he wanted to do it on purpose.

"Like Hakkaku said, just speak up," Kōga agreed, "We'll stop when you need it."

That was the least they could do. She was still human and couldn't travel as far as they did. Likewise, she was obviously still not used to it either. In time, she would grow to walk a little easier.

Walking was a little quieter after that. They were all in a bit of thought, what with how things had ended up. Kōga still couldn't believe this was what she wanted. Regardless, a kind of relief had settled in him as well.

The sun had slowly started to set on that day. A long day of walking led to some rest. Kōga sat down, leaning back. He heaved a sigh, glancing up at the night sky.

"Not a bad day," he brought up briefly, "I guess worse could have happened."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 8:58 pm

Garret shook his head when Ilana chuckled, mentioning that she might be a little strange for liking simpler things. If anything it made it easier for Garret. At least now he knew he would not need to stress so badly about keeping Ilana content along their travel. It would merely be keeping her safe then.

“Not at all. I have heard of stranger things,” Garret admitted.

They carried on with idle chat from then on. There didn’t seem to be a serious topic to discuss between them; mostly it was about the surroundings and about what Garret knew of them and the animals therein. Ilana seemed to like learning about such things. She especially seemed to enjoy working with Balthos when the stubborn horse tried to take to a nearby patch of grass and refused to budge for some time.

Eventually Garret did stop them for a rest. Ordinarily he might have kept going but Ilana looked like she needed to sit for a while and maybe eat something. Garret would dig her something from the packs once he was sure that Balthos would not wander off while he wasn’t paying attention.

“Rest yourself,” Garret told her, gesturing to a nearby tree stump. This are had been cleared before, two logs laying in a circle with the stump and what had clearly been a fire pit in the middle of it. Whoever had done so had long since left however, leaving only the remnants of this makeshift camp behind. “We will carry on in time.”

----[x]----

The reassurances that they would stop if she really needed to rest helped her some. She felt bad that they had to slow so much just because of her, especially so for Kōga. If the speed with which he moved while fighting the boar demon was any indicator of his running speed then this surely felt like a crawl to him. All the same they kept this pace, growing quiet as they walked.

It wasn’t until the sun began to set did they find a place to set up camp for the night. Gathering a bit of firewood was left to Ginta and Hakkaku. It wouldn’t take the pair long to find some wood and then return.

Sachiko sat herself next to Kōga, stretching her legs out before her. It felt good to just sit, her feet and knees aching with all the walking. How many miles had they walked? Sachiko couldn’t say, she had no concept of distance as it was.

“Maybe,” she agreed, leaning back on her hands.

It had been awkward to sit with total strangers. At least with Kōga and the others she had grown to know over the weeks that had passed. InuYasha and his friends, they weren’t people she’d known and InuYasha’s agitated attitude had quickly worn on her nerves. It was something of a relief when Kōga, Ginta and Hakkaku had returned.

“If you don’t mind my asking, what made you all come back?” Sachiko wondered after a minute or so had passed.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 10:15 pm

Ilana wasn't sure how long they had walked. It was long enough for her legs to begin to ache. At times, she felt like she was falling behind. She did her best to keep up, especially so out here. A wrong turn could easily get her lost.

A clearing ahead made her life her head. It was when Garret slowed did she realize they were stopping. The area had obviously been used before. How long ago and by who didn't so much matter.

Garret was already advising her to sit down. Ilana walked over to the stump and did so. Her legs and feet ached more than she wanted to admit. She was sure she had blisters on her heels as well.

"I don't suppose you'd have an bandages?" she asked as he started looking through his pack, "I'm finding my feet are more sensitive than I thought."

If they were bleeding or blistering, she wanted to avoid infection. She very well knew medicine in this time was still rather primitive. She didn't want to see worse come out of a few simple blisters cuts.

When he cast a glance at her, she waved a hand quickly before she spoke, "I mean, I'm not used to walking this far. After some time, it'll get better."

----| |x| |----

Kōga leaned back, his tail wrapping near his side. It was a familiar feeling, something of a comfort to him. The thought was there and gone before he could really acknowledge it. Sachiko was speaking up quietly, sitting herself near him.

He hummed when she asked that question. Honestly, if it hadn't been for Ginta and Hakkaku, Kōga probably wouldn't have come back for her. He would have allowed her to return to her own country.

"Ginta and Hakkaku hounded me," he finally admitted, "After I told them about...what nearly happened between us."

With that confession in the air, he cleared his throat awkwardly. That was hard to admit in and of itself. Kōga still felt a tad bit of awkwardness about it. There was a pleasant feeling there too however.

He wasn't sure Sachiko wanted the other two to know. Regardless, it was said and done now. The reason they were calling her 'sis' was no doubt clearer.

"Sorry, if you didn't want me to mention it," he apologized, "They were pretty relentless about why we'd been so at odds with each other."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 12:24 pm

When he was busy removing the saddlebags from Balthos Ilana spoke up, asking about bandages. It wasn’t until he’d glanced at her did she elaborate why she needed them. Once he had the other bag off of Balthos for the horse to rest as well would he dig through for them however.

“I believe there are plenty for the time being,” Garret noted. If this was a trend however he might run out quite quickly.

As promised, Garret immediately took to digging out what amounted to a medical kit and handed it off to her. She seemed to be grateful for the simple supplies and quickly took to tending to her feet. Garret would leave her to it unless she asked for his help.

“Holding up all right otherwise?” he interrogated once he sat down himself. He’d dragged one of the packs with him and began to dig around for a bit of food. He was getting hungry as it was, he could only imagine how starved Ilana might feel.

While he waited for her answer Garret dug out a bit of preserved deer jerky, handing some to her. Hopefully she was not a picky eater. There was only so much that Garret could keep on hand while traveling.

----[x]----

Sachiko didn’t look at Kōga when she asked why they’d come back. She wasn’t sure what kind of an answer she was expecting anyways but she didn’t want to sit there and watch Kōga’s expression. The brief silence that followed was enough to let her know he had to think about how to answer that question anyways.

Eventually he did answer, mentioning Ginta and Hakkaku. She hummed briefly in response. It was the best answer for her; it didn’t give much away even though a little pang struck at her heart. She tried not to think about why that was.

“I see,” she said finally when he continued on. Her face felt a little warmer knowing that now the other two knew as well. “It’s fine.”

It was quiet for a minute or two after that. Maybe Kōga didn’t know what to say. He seemed a little awkward again after just mentioning that almost-kiss of theirs. Sachiko shook her head, steeling her resolve. She’d chosen to stay with them when they’d come to ask her what she wanted, she wouldn’t regret it now.

“It almost happened, but it didn’t, so why worry about it anymore?” Sachiko finally pointed out. Maybe then things would go back to what was normal for this group.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 9:06 pm

Ilana was happy to hear he was prepared for injuries and the like. Blistering was uncomfortable. Her shoes would rub the wounds raw. She'd rather avoid that bloody mess if she could help it.

She gladly took the medical kit into her hands. From there, she tugged off her shoes and got to work. Her socks had only saved her so much. Blood was smeared on them, much to her displeasure.

"Thank you," she had replied briefly. She had fully expected this. She was just glad the ground wasn't too wet. That would have made things worse.

His question was a short one. No doubt he had to wonder who she was faring. All things considered, she was already tired. Her legs ached deeply and refused to let up.

"More or less, I'm very sore," she answered honestly as she tended to her ankles. She tried not to flinch as she touched the tender skin, "Means of travel was easier back home. I took walks but never this long."

She was careful to wrap her ankle, making sure that no part of her shoe would rub the wounds raw again. Over time, her skin might toughen up. For now, she could only deal with it as a whole.

----| |x| |----

Kōga wasn't sure of what he expected from her reaction. Her words were almost a blunt kind of feel and he wondered why that was. He hummed briefly in response, sparing a glance down at her.

There was a faint dusting of pink on her cheeks. He tried not to feel the same warm his own. At least she was understanding on the issue, albeit a little blunt.

He rubbed the back of his neck at the last comment. It had almost happened but that didn't mean it might not happen again. After that incident, he'd started feeling all kinds of things when he glanced at her. He even felt them now, loathe as he was to admit it.

"Yea," he answered after a moment, "But it could happen again..."

Kōga scratched his cheek awkwardly. It was a strange feeling to admit but at least it was out there now. What had been on his mind she now knew.

"Sorry," he apologized once more, an awkwardness settling over him. It took all he had not to fidget, something that he was unused to, "That might have come out kind of weird..."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 10:29 pm

Ilana had taken to her injuries quickly, perhaps eager to get them some wrappings to prevent infection. She was smart, if that was what she was worried about. Preventing such things would stop a lot of their worries in the future.

“Perhaps Balthos might need to shoulder a bit more weight today,” Garret mentioned. He could always lug around the lighter of the two saddlebags he owned to make up for it.

If Ilana argued against this Garret would put a stop to it. She needed her feet to heal, after all. She could always walk an hour or two tomorrow, when she’d had some rest overnight. Garret wasn’t about to ask her to walk on blisters like that. Even from here he could see her short stockings were bloodied.

“He can stand to shoulder a little more burden,” he joked after a moment or two had passed.

Balthos would easily be able to handle the weight anyways. Ilana wasn’t a heavy woman and with a saddlebag being shouldered by Garret the horse would be fine. He was bred for work like this after all. Garret would have accepted no other horse at the time.

----[x]----

Sachiko was sure that Kōga would jump on the chance to pretend that almost-kiss hadn’t happened. As such, his actual response left Sachiko surprised. Brow furrowed, she glanced at him, studying his expression. His cheeks looked a little red and he seemed awkward still.

’Ginta and Hakkaku were sure he never acted like this, ever,’ Sachiko recalled. With that in mind it was even stranger to see Kōga acting like this.

“Why do you say that?” she finally asked, her curiosity getting the better of her. It might be better if she didn’t know, still not sure what she felt about Kōga. “Weren’t you all over being with Kagome?”

Sachiko had never expected this kind of situation to happen to her. Still, it had and she wasn’t sure how to go about it. Should she try to figure out her feelings on the matter and, if she felt a certain way, try to be a little selfish? Or maybe it would be best to just pretend the whole thing never happened after the topic was exhausted.

She shook her head, heaving a sigh. It was all so confusing. It wasn’t like she knew Kagome to know if that woman was interested in Kōga too. ’I need to stop thinking like that! Kōga’s a brute anyways,’ she justified to herself. ’It was just a dumb mistake anyways…’
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 12:09 am

Ilana lifted her head when he spoke up again. She had been so focused on wrapping her ankles that she'd nearly missed his words. For a moment, she was baffled before it had registered.

"O-oh. Are you certain?" she asked quickly, "I mean...I can carry my own weight, I swear I can."

She didn't want to feel as if she was a burden or anything of the like. Already he'd done quite a bit for her. She wanted to carry her own weight and responsibility if she could.

Ilana glanced at Balthos. Garret was having no arguing as it would seem. Maybe that was for the best. Garret had a bit of finality in his tone. She would have kept arguing if she could help it.

"I assume he has experience with riding?" she inquired afterward, "Balthos seems more like a work horse."

Garret might have been leading Balthos for all she knew. She didn't put much more thought into it, tugging one shoe back on. The bandages helped, shielding the tender skin from anymore damage.

----| |x| |----

Kōga leaned back, aware of how awkwardly silent it was. He wondered what might happen next. Sachiko was rather quiet as well. He realized that he might have said something wrong all together.

When she did speak up, he glanced at her. A frown tugged at his lips though, he had no response. He snorted as if trying to break that silence. Even that didn't seem to help.

He rubbed the back of his neck, unsure of his split feelings. Leaning forward, he heaved a heavy sigh. He really was at a loss for words on that.

"She loves InuYasha, okay?" he finally explained, "Even when she gets mad at him, she always manages to forgive him and come back. In hindsight, I guess I really was just a hound looking for love out of her too."

It wasn't as if he didn't feel anything for her. He very much did. The way things were though, she'd always go back to the half breed. Maybe that was just how things were supposed to be.

"Kagome's pretty great," he went on, "But I don't think she can think of me as anything higher than a friend."

When he came to accept that, maybe Sachiko wasn't so bad. The feelings were already there, odd as they were. It might have just been best to move on if he could help it.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 12:42 am

Ilana had already started to argue before Garret had, for all intents and purposes, put his foot down on the matter. Ilana’s feet needed to heal some and she could very well walk again once they were done doing just that. Until then they would take precautions to make sure her blisters did not develop into something worse.

“He has been ridden a time or two, mostly by myself however,” Garret informed her. “I’ll be leading him to make sure.”

If Garret wasn’t mistaken it looked like Ilana still wanted to argue against it though she relented. He found himself relieved at that. He’d rather not risk her getting into a sour mood over something like this.

He waved a dismissive hand as he seated himself on one of the two logs. The stump looked as if it had been made into a home for some ants after all.

“You will be fine. You can do more walking when your blisters have healed some,” he assured her anyways. Maybe it would be enough to keep her content.

----[x]----

The quiet had stretched on for longer than Sachiko would have ever expected when talking with Kōga. She’d glanced at him only briefly from the corner of her eyes, noting the frustrated look on his face. At one point he’d even scoffed though it didn’t sound like his heart was in it.

Sachiko had been about to tell him to forget it, to drop the topic entirely, when he actually answered. There was a tone of frustration in his voice, but otherwise he sounded honest when he spoke. Sachiko blinked at him, waiting for him to finish before she would tentatively speak up on the matter.

Honestly, she hadn’t meant to dredge up something like this. She’d just been curious. All the same she had mixed feelings of her heart pounding in her chest and guilt for feeling uplifted at his answer.

A shake of her head prefaced her reply. “Well…” She stopped again, unsure of what to say passed that. Eventually Sachiko reached out to tug at Kōga’s ponytail. It wasn’t anything hostile, just enough for him to feel it, before she dropped her hand back to her side and said, “You’re an idiot.”

Stubbornly she didn’t say anything more for some time. It was only when she was quite sure that Kōga’s gaze was boring into her head did she elaborate at all.

“You can’t just decide that crap, it’s gotta happen naturally!”
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 10:42 pm

Ilana tugged on her other shoe, setting the medical kit aside. Now that they weren't rubbing against the raw skin, her feet and ankles felt a little better. She hoped it would remain that way.

"If he fusses, I can handle it," she answered him, "I've fallen off enough to be used to it by now."

She hoped that wouldn't be the case but who knew? Ilana had only gotten a bit of a glance at Balthos's disposition. He wasn't as foul tempered as some but he could still prove to be full of surprises.

He sat down nearby, waving a dismissive hand. Ilana hummed, nodding slightly. When her feet healed up, she could at least make up for not walking.

"Well, I don't have much room to argue," she answered, folding her hands, "I think I can manage that much for the time being. As long as Balthos agrees, of course."

----| |x| |----

Kōga didn't know what he expected after his confession but it wasn't what had come. His mouth hung open briefly as if words would tumble out. Instead, there was only silence. It took him a long moment to even register what was said.

"What?!" he shouted back, a little offended, "Why?"

It wasn't a moment after did she explain it. Kōga was taken aback for a long moment, unsure of what to say. Hadn't that happened naturally before?

"It almost did!" he defended, "At least...between us it did."

Awkwardness overtook him again. He leaned back on the palm of his hands, at a loss for words. Maybe Sachiko just didn't like things that way. Kōga could understand why. He was a brute despite his claims against it.

"Did I...say something wrong?" he asked, hoping for some kind of answer in return.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 11:29 pm

Now that the matter was settled Ilana didn’t seem to mind the idea of riding Balthos for at least the remainder of the day. At least that way they’d be able to cover more ground. For her sake, Garret wouldn’t mention that out loud. Perhaps she felt like she was holding them back due to his mentioning earlier that he rarely took breaks but for meals.

“If he fusses too much then we can figure something else out,” Garret promised. Even if that meant he would somehow have to give her a piggyback ride and somehow lead Balthos as well then he would.

Garret let the topic drop now, eating some of the preserved venison himself. He hadn’t realized how hungry he was until he’d smelled the meat. It was often like this unless he missed a meal however. Too often Garret would get wrapped up in what he was doing or in his own thoughts to realize that he needed something until he took to it or it was mentioned to him.

For a few minutes he enjoyed the silence, broken only by the natural sounds of the frontier around them. The rustling of the leaves and the call of various birds were comforting to Garret. These were sounds he knew well.

“How are you holding up otherwise?” he finally asked.

From the looks of it, Ilana looked to be in good spirits. Perhaps other than her feet hurting and blistering she didn’t mind walking all those miles. Of course, she hadn’t voiced any complaints so this was only a guess on his part. She very well could have hated it and just didn’t want to cause a fuss.

----[x]----

Sachiko waited for his reply, sure he was going to be offended in some manner. He was a proud demon, why wouldn’t he be? Still, it took some time. During the seconds that passed Sachiko braved a glance at him from the corner of his eye. If she wasn’t frustrated with him she might have found his gaping a little funny.

She’d barely had time to explain her reasoning for insulting him before he was retorting. Halfway through it he seemed to realize what he was saying and lost that fierce temper of his, growing a little more awkward again. Sachiko could feel herself do the same when she realized he wasn’t taking about Kagome anymore.

When she didn’t say anything in return Kōga leaned back on his hands, soon questioning her. It took her awhile longer to actually answer, debating on what to tell him. Some of the things he’d said were a little insensitive, but maybe that was only because he wasn’t aware of what she might feel about it all.

Honestly, Sachiko wasn’t even sure what she was feeling.

“No,” she finally admitted. “You’re just… confusing.”

She’d heard all about how much he seemed to have loved Kagome and now his attention was shifted. It left her torn on what to do or say on the matter. For all she knew he might’ve been right in his earlier assessment, that he just wanted someone to love and call his partner.

After a few seconds, Sachiko decided to try to elaborate albeit awkwardly. “You say all those things about Kagome and your feelings for her and then you go and start talking about what almost happened between us. I don’t know what you want.”
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 12:44 am

Ilana leaned back, glad that she was able to rest. Her limbs were rather sore now that she had the time to sit down. Over some time, that would become less. For now, she would just have to bare with it.

She could settle herself now that they were more or less in an agreeable situation. She felt a little bad, a bit of a burden really, but tried to shove that feeling aside. She wasn't used to this kind of thing. Ilana would lean on that excuse if she could help it.

From there, they ate a small meal. It wasn't much but Ilana didn't complain. She quite liked the taste of the preserved meat as it was.

She glanced up at him when he asked how she was doing. She spared a small smile, shaking her head before she replied, "I'm a little tired and my legs hurt but otherwise, I'm alright."

She still tried to look on the brighter side of things. That seemed to be working out rather well up to this point. She saw no reason not to continue that line of thinking.

"More or less, I think I'm alright," she continued, hoping that she would be with a little more time.

----| |x| |----

Kōga wasn't sure what to make of her words. To him, it was obvious. What she had to say in opinion on the matter made him wonder if she was doubting all of it.

He braved a glance her way, a frown tugging at his lips. Kōga was rather bold with his statements. He figured she would have gotten it. Maybe he wasn't saying it the right way.

It didn't take her long to mention what he might or might not want. She looked put off by those words alone. Kōga hummed in thought for a brief moment, watching her.

"And what if I said I want you?" he inquired after a moment.

It was a bold statement and one that he didn't believe should have surprised her. This was just how he was, after all. Kōga spoke his feelings. When he wanted something, he made it known.

When she didn't reply, he crossed his legs as if eager to hear what she had to say. Sachiko looked at a loss of words herself.

"Well?" he pushed a little further, "I'm a rather simple man. If I want something, I make it known. Is that too much?"
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 1:09 am

The meal was a simple one though Garret hoped that if Ilana hungered for more she would say something. There was plenty to last him and he was a proficient hunter. If they ran out of meat then he could easily rectify that problem. For now he didn’t worry about it much however. It was only a passing thought.

When prompted, Ilana gave her answer about how she felt. It seemed like she was fine, all things considered.

He spared a nod in return. “Good.” A pause followed. “If you need anything more please do ask for it.”

The least he could do was try to provide. She might ask for more than he could accomplish at times but he would try. In the end that was what really mattered, at least to Garret it did. Hard work amounted to a lot and this was no different.

He reached into his pack and handed her another bit of venison, taking one for himself. His stomach still rumbled for more food though he’d hold off after this one. There was still lunch to deal with in a bit. Until then they could rest and then prepare a meal for themselves. With any luck nothing would shamble by and cause a ruckus.

“Perhaps some time off the road can do us some good,” he admitted after awhile.

----[x]----

Though there was a bit of a wait to Kōga’s answer it wasn’t as long as the one before it. In fact, she heard him hum, perhaps in thought. Sachiko waited, trying not to let her impatience get the best of her. She hated to admit that she was more than just a little curious about what Kōga might say in return.

What he had to say caused her heart to flutter and her face to grow hot.

For several seconds Sachiko couldn’t seem to bring herself to say anything. Something said that bluntly? It wasn’t something she’d ever imagine someone just saying. Yet here Kōga sat, prodding her further for an answer. Her mind whirled, her previous frustrations and curiosity gone in a rush of new, unfamiliar feelings.

Finally she steeled what resolve she had and crossed her arms over her chest. Trying to ignore the fact that her face must have been quite red, Sachiko answered. “D-dummy! You’re saying that like you’ve already decided again!”

A moment or two passed though she must not have sounded very convincing. Kōga was still leaning towards her, looking as if he was waiting for her to say something more. Sachiko’s face grew hotter still when she realized how transparent she must be.

Shaking that thought aside for later she stammered on. “But maybe i-it wouldn’t be so bad being w-with a brute like you.”
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 4:50 pm

Ilana sat back, trying to relax a little. Her limbs might have hurt but sitting down made her appreciate the lack of movement so much more. She wondered how many days it would take to get used to the trek. She hoped it didn't take too long. She hoped even more that she didn't collapse at any point.

She shook her head slightly in response. It was good to know that he was looking out for her well being. Honestly, if he didn't, she wouldn't have been doing a grand job of it herself. She had a way of trying to push herself only to regret it later.

"Just some time off my feet should help," she replied, "I would really rather avoid collapsing along the way."

A moment later, he offered her another piece of dried meat. She gladly took it, aware that her stomach still seemed to beg for food. When the time came, they'd eat a little more, she was sure. Out here, she knew it would be a little more difficult.

"Thank you," she replied, taking a small bite out of the meat. She chewed thoughtfully before she would reply, "I'm sure it will. I just hope I'm not slowing your progress down any."

If his friend was gone by the time they got there, Ilana would feel bad. She knew it couldn't be helped. He was used to this kind of travel and she was not. As much as she knew that fact, guilt would still weigh on her regardless.

----| |x| |----

Kōga could only wait on her to reply. Her face had grown hot despite that fact. For a long moment, she looked like she had no idea of what to say. No doubt he'd thrown her off guard. He was rather blunt, after all, and she probably didn't expect it.

In that vine, it was all a little funny. He tried to keep the smirk from forming on his lips. The urge was far too great and it did tug at his lips. For her, all of this could have been rather embarrassing. By her reaction, that was exactly the case.

He couldn't help but laugh when she finally replied. Her words were so stumbled together but despite that fact, she sounded confident. He couldn't help it. Even as he leant forward, he found an odd sense of joy out of her disposition.

"Well, maybe I am," he teased in return, "After all, when I see something I want, I go out of my way to make it mine. You're no different."

He felt an odd sense of joy flutter through him when she did finally agree. He hadn't felt as such in a long time. It made him feel lighter than air itself. He leaned forward again, coming only a few inches apart.

"Good," he replied lightly, "I wouldn't want to try and convince you otherwise."

He leaned forward, catching her lips quickly. Nipping at her bottom lip lightly, he pulled back and chuckled a little. The blush on her face looked nice against her pale skin. Kōga found himself rather fond of it.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 2:34 am

Ilana was clearly hungry, eager for more venison. Garret kept that in mind; perhaps they’d eat their midday meal a little earlier. It was growing clearer and clearer that Ilana was ill prepared for such long travels. Though he’d known that the blisters she’d acquired and the like backed it up.

“We will make sure your feet have plenty of time to heal,” Garret promised further. Having her collapse was not something he’d like to see if he could help it. From the sounds of it he’d be helping Balthos heave his supplies along so that Ilana might red him for a time.

Setting the pack aside, Garret chewed thoughtfully. He made sure not to eat so fast when he had the time to just sit back like this. Too often he found himself in a rush, missing a meal or having to choke it down to get to some important meeting with another or to chase after a target. Today there was none of that, just he and Ilana.

He waved off Ilana’s concern idly. Half lost in thought, Garret couldn’t say that he was really concerned about progress right now. If he had to track down his companion than he would, it would be nothing new.

“Push the thought from your mind, if it happens then it happens,” he told her.

Rolling his shoulders, Garret sat straighter. The log wasn’t the most comfortable thing he’d ever sat on but at least he had a seat. He very well could have just had the ground to sit on after all. If Ilana was not complaining giving what she must have lost by coming here then he would not be bothered either.

----[x]----

It was way too obvious that Kōga thought her embarrassment was a little amusing. He’d leaned in further all but grinning at her before she’d even started stammering her reply out. Even when he retorted, quite easily at that, it was clear to hear that he was teasing her a little.

All the same, despite her attempt to save face Kōga wasn’t fooled. In fact, he looked genuinely pleased when Sachiko actually gave her answer. She didn’t have to wait long before Kōga responded, his tone of voice considerably lighter than before.

“Convince—“

Anything else she was about to say was cut off as Kōga closed the distance between them, catching her in a kiss. Her yelp in surprise was muffled while her heart fluttered. She had just enough time to feel his chapped lips against hers before he’d nipped at her bottom lip and pulled away.

Her face felt hotter than ever, no doubt her face was bright red now, though Sachiko tried not to think about that too much. All the same she pouted at Kōga even though her stomach felt like it was filled with butterflies.

“Like I said, you’re such a brute,” she accused though there was no bite to her words.

She had to admit that seeing Kōga grinning like that was really cute. He was a boisterous sort but he hadn’t grinned before quite like he was now. It seemed wider, happier somehow though Sachiko couldn’t figure out why. Seeing more of that was something that she’d like though. With that thought in mind, Sachiko slide a little closer to Kōga’s side, trying not to be too obvious about it.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 11:56 pm

Ilana was glad for the little food that she got in her stomach. Walking so much, she'd already grown hungry near noon. This was something that she would have to get used to among many other things.

She nodded in response to his words. That seemed set than. She wouldn't be doing anymore walking until her blisters healed and didn't bleed anymore. That would take a little time.

"Well, thank you for that," she replied after a moment, "I really appreciate it."

Garret was showing a lot of kindness since they had met. Honestly, he wasn't so intimidating now that she knew this. He might have used his appearance to his advantage but when he didn't need it, he was rather quiet.

He more or less waved off her next words. What he had to say eased her a little. At least he seemed to not be too worried about losing track of his friend again.

"So what happens after that?" she asked after a long beat of silence, "You haven't told me much..."

----| |x| |----

Kōga knew that she was a bashful one. She really was showing it now, trying not to pull away from suddenly leaning in so close. He'd done something to surprise her. Kōga couldn't deny being a little proud of that.

She yelped as he kissed her, leaving him amused. A short chuckle left him as he nipped at her lips briefly. She didn't seem to have the chance to return it. Maybe she was too surprised to.

When he pulled back, he grinned at how red her face had become. He grinned proudly knowing he drew that out of her. Maybe this was the right choice. His heart certainly pounded pleasantly against his chest.

Her response was something familiar. Despite that, there was no real bite to her words. He chuckle in response.

"Yea but I don't see you complaining," he teased in response. He reached out, brushing her bangs out of her face, "Sorry. Maybe I shouldn't have done that so suddenly."

She might have boundaries. Respecting those seemed for the best. He didn't want to overstep anything after all. The last thing he wanted to do was offend her.

"But I'm kind of glad. I'm glad I didn't get slapped or anything," he continued, "That seems like what a girl would do."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 7:45 pm

Ilana was growing more and more at ease with him as the day went on. Perhaps being away from those in the city helped. If Garret had any say on the matter Ilana did look like the sort who valued her privacy. At least things were getting a little easier as time passed.

He spared a nod at her thanks, seeing no need to respond verbally to it. Garret was a man of few words when he could get away with it.

For a few minutes at least the silence stretched between them. Ilana might have been entertaining her own thoughts and if that was the case Garret would leave her to it uninterrupted. Getting over her situation would take days if not weeks or months. Though she was doing well now Garret had no idea if she would hold up well in the long run if he forced her out of whatever shell she might have around herself.

“Hmm?”

He glanced up at her, mulling over the question she’d asked suddenly. It was a valid one however though Garret couldn’t answer right away. Finally, he would answer though it was not a definite one.

“You seem to expect much to already be planned out. In truth there needs to be considerations made once I meet with this contact of mine.”

----[x]----

Despite the grin on his face and his teasing her Kōga was just as quick to apologize. His fingers brushed against her skin lightly when he reached out to push her hair out of her face, those butterflies swarming in her belly in response. Sachiko tried not to dwell on the fact that her face had to be very red by now.

“Well, if you had any tact you wouldn’t have to worry about that,” Sachiko pointed out. As she spoke Sachiko scooted the last bit of distance to Kōga’s side. Leaning against his shoulder, Sachiko murmured “Dummy.”

Ginta and Hakkaku might come back any minute now but Sachiko wasn’t up for any kind of secrecy after the problems they’d managed to get past now. Besides, Kōga had made up his mind and Sachiko didn’t see him as the type to keep things like this hush hush. Though Sachiko would need to get used to being in a relationship with someone she saw no reason to fuss around with trying to keep it quiet.

Until then Sachiko would try to relax. It felt better being off her feet after another day of walking; even her knees had grown stiff again. If it wasn’t for the fact that she was a little hungry Sachiko might very well have taken a nap or just went straight to sleep early. For the time being however it might be best this way.

“You seem to be quite happy though,” she pointed out. His mood now from minutes ago when they’d been talking about Kagome were nearly polar opposites of each other.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 11:14 pm

There didn't seem much to talk about just yet. Ilana was growing a little more comfortable though she still had difficulty getting topics started. When it came to questions, they rarely seemed to gain answers.

When something finally did crop up for an answer, like before, it wasn't much. If he had something planned out, he wasn't telling her. Ilana couldn't really say for sure. She didn't know Garret or his habits all too well.

"Oh, okay," she finally answered, "I was just curious, is all."

There was still lingering anxiousness in her though little could be done about it. Things that she would normally use as a distraction didn't exist. She considered herself lucky to have this much.

Ilana tried to get comfortable, leaning back, and more or less waited until they would start moving again. At a loss for a topic, she glanced at the scenery around them. At least that provided a small distraction for the time being.

----| |x| |----

Kōga was glad that she didn't recoil at his touch. It was such a brief thing but he worried. There was still a lot he had to learn about Sachiko. If he was patient, he might in time.

"I've got plenty of tact," he argued back, "It's just a little blunt."

He leaned back a little, comfortable where he sat. Now that things were lighter, he really found himself enjoying the little moments passing by.

He kept an eye out for Ginta and Hakkaku. If either of them caught onto this kind of behavior, they'd never let him live it down. Kōga wasn't sure how Sachiko might react either. Both young men acted softer with her however.

Kōga grinned at her next words. How couldn't he be happy? Something amazing had happened, after all.

"Of course I'm happy," he replied, "I know what I want and I got it. That makes me incredibly happy."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 12:16 pm

Curiosity; it was the same thing as before. Everything Ilana asked about stemmed from curiosity. Was she even aware of how often she’d told him that? Garret didn’t think so and he didn’t bother pointing it out to her. Of course she would ask questions, whatever the Piece of Eden had done to manipulate time and space and brought her here would be disorienting in itself.

It was only when Garret realized he’d gotten lost in thought did he actually respond, waving a dismissive hand. “Do not worry yourself about such things. There is plenty of time until we reach our destination.”

The quiet settled in after that once more. Though it did little to bother Garret, it was clear that this left Ilana too much time to think. There was a noticeable crease in her brow and her gaze often lingered for some time on something or other. Still, she seemed to take some amount of solace in studying their surroundings for the time being.

By his count, an hour passed in this fashion before Garret dug out some of his provisions for lunch. He could feel Ilana’s gaze on him from time to time as he prepared a simple meal, careful not to burn the potatoes or meat. Nearby Balthos whinnied, stamping his hoof impatiently from where Garret had secured him.

“It will not be long now,” Garret said, glancing towards Ilana as he did so.

----[x]----

Kōga didn’t seem to mind Sachiko leaning against him, her head on his shoulder. From the sounds of it and the obvious pick up in his mood from just minutes ago he might’ve even been delighted by the simple act alone. All the same Sachiko rolled her eyes at his argument about how blunt he was.

“Mmhmm, if you say so,” she said, closing her eyes. If Ginta and Hakkaku didn’t hurry up she might very well just fall asleep now if left to it.

Sachiko felt Kōga move, leaning back against the tree he’d sat in front of. It was a brief bit of movement though it jarred Sachiko back into awareness more fully than a few seconds ago. It would be easy to doze off with how warm Kōga was compared to the chilly evening air that had set in. It wasn’t like she had a jacket, not in the rumpled and torn clothes she’d shown up in this era in.

The conversation helped to keep her from brooding on those small worries. In time they’d be solved, hopefully sooner rather than later. For now Sachiko tried not to let it bother her too much.

“Well,” she started, blinking up at Kōga, “don’t go getting too excited. I don’t have the energy to deal with you with your head in the clouds.”
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 12:36 am

Ilana was quiet mostly after that. She spent most of her time pondering or looking at the surrounding area. Garret tended to the fire and meal. She had to admit, it did smell rather good.

They tended to what meal they did have. Garret was somewhat of a good cook though she guessed he would have to be. Being out here on his own so often, he'd need to learn some simple survival means.

Once that was finished, they packed up and moved on again. Ilana was glad to be off her feet for a short time. Her feet still ached. She did her best to ignore it.

Day turned to night quickly after that. Most of the days would be spent in this manner. Up at dawn, moving on and stopping for a break at noon. Ilana started getting used to it a little at a time. Likewise, she began to get used to being around Garret as well.

"It shouldn't be too long now, right?" she had asked. It had been a while since she brought up how far they had to go, "You could give me a straight answer for once, Garret."

She'd gotten a little relaxed with him. On occasion, she pouted or joked about like this. She was in a bit of a good mood despite it all. Things were getting easier for Ilana. Even if she still ached for home, she at least took solace in things that she still had now.

----| |x| |----

Sachiko seemed comfortable where she was now. To think that things would change so drastically from just a few days ago. It was a little amazing, if he was honest with himself. He found himself very much happy with the current situation.

"I do say so. So don't forget it," he replied.

Kōga felt his word could very much be law at times. This situation was no different. He wanted to keep Sachiko if he could help it.

He sighed, closing his eyes for a bit. The day had been eventful enough. If he was honest, the weight that had left his shoulders did him good as well. He could rest easier now that he had less to worry about.

Kōga let a chuckle escape him at her light prod. It wasn't much; he could tell she was tired. Honestly, the grogginess in her tone was a little cute.

"I can tell," he pointed out lightly, "A little too tired, are you? I guess that's partly my fault. I ended up dragging all the way out here and back."

That wasn't to say he wasn't relieved however. He was very much glad she had returned with him. He figured if this made her happy, that was for the best. A little rest would do her some good.

"If you want to sleep, it's fine," he said, "I can find some excuse to write off to Ginta and Hakkaku."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 1:49 am

The days passed slowly and while Ilana still was not quite used to this life though she’d made some strides. She was easier to rouse in the morning and she was picking up on the times when Garret was considering or searching for places to settle down for a rest. With that in mind, he was a little less worried about the rest of their travel.

That day was no different and Garret hoped it remained that way. Thick, gray clouds hung overhead, seen only through the breaks in the treetops. If the rain held off for just a little longer that would great.

“Hmm?” Garret glanced over his shoulder to Ilana. She’d asked a few times already now, over the course of the days that had passed. “Not too long now.”

Ilana had clearly expected this answer; already scolding him for it before he’d even finished it. A chuckle escaped him at that, a shake of his head following. ’Well, well, she’s caught on,’ Garret mused.

“I assure you, it really will not be long if nothing gets in our way,” Garret told her.

He shifted his shoulder then, readjusting the heavy pack he had slung over his shoulder. It was actually one of the saddlebags, removed from Balthos’s side to accommodate Ilana’s weight in its place. He’d rather not overload the horse if he could help it. Ilana had seemed happy with that sentiment when he’d done it the first time.

----[x]----

Kōga’s chuckle was enough to let her know that nothing seemed to be able to disturb his good mood. Maybe that was best, she thought, especially after that awkward ordeal before today. At least now there was a little less to be worried or stressed about.

She’d closed her eyes again after she’d spoken. It would be so easy to just fall asleep, if not for her empty stomach. If Ginta and Hakkaku got back and started a fire quick enough to start cooking anything they hunted down with then she’d be fine. At least, Sachiko thought so. Maybe it’d be a bad night for hunting though… It wasn’t like they carried a whole lot in terms of provisions with them. They were adept at hunting and finding clean water with their heightened senses as it was.

What Kōga said next broke her out of her thoughts, rousing her out of the doze she’d been drifting into subtly. She grunted at that, a little annoyed at the fact that she’d already started falling asleep. The sun had hardly set, after all.

“No, I’m hungry though,” she argued, sounding a little whinier than she’d intended. Sachiko was too tired to be embarrassed by it now.

Sachiko sighed then, more out of contentment than anything else. She was warm, leaning against Kōga like this, and the thick tuft of fur he wore on his shoulder—a type of pauldron, maybe?—was comfortable enough to rest her head against.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 11:17 pm

Ilana glanced down at him. He chuckled a little more often now. She found herself fond of that sound. It wasn't exactly gravelly but it matched the tone of his voice rather often. She was honestly becoming fond of when he spoke as well.

"Hey, you said that days ago," she pointed out a little playfully, "I'm finding that's just you're default answer, Garret."

Whether that was true or not, she couldn't quite say. Garret rarely ever spoke of straight answers. That kept her guessing more days than not. It annoyed her a little less now however.

The movements of Balthos were a comfort. She rather liked it up here. Garret had allowed her some more time on horseback even if her blisters had healed up a little. Ilana was aware that he was being careful about it.

"It looks like it's going to rain," she pointed out, "Wherever we're headed, I hope we get there before a downpour. I don't quite care for cold rain."

A soaking in this era could easily bring on illness. She was well aware of the lack of medicine in this time. That worried her a little. Regardless, she trusted Garret to get them where they needed to be.

----| |x| |----

She was surprised out of her brief slumber when he spoke. Her answer was blunt if a little groggy. Kōga wasn't so much surprised by either thing. She would be hungry after all of this wandering.

"I guess that's not unreasonable," he replied, "but we'll have to wait on Ginta and Hakkaku to get back."

Kōga leaned back, humming slightly. The best he could do was get the fire started. Sachiko seemed a little tired so he'd leave her to her spot. He wouldn't be surprised if she fell asleep.

"Well, the least I can do is tend to the fire. That'll put one job to rest before they get back," he informed, "That is if you don't mind me getting up?"

He grinned brightly as she pouted a little. She seemed entirely comfortable where she sat, leaned up against him. Kōga didn't mind it himself. He was rather comfortable as well.

"How about just a minute, huh? Then you can go back to it." he brought up lightly.

Only when she agreed upon that would he move. Tending to the fire was a simple thing. It roared to life once more, brightening the darkness around them. Afterward, he settled back down, comfortable with the warmth around him.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 8:38 pm

Garret glanced over his shoulder briefly again, humming as he did so. “Did I?” His question was a thoughtful one though thinking back on it, he couldn’t deny that Ilana was telling the truth. A shake of his head followed this.

It was quiet for a fair few minutes after that. A chilly breeze blew through, attempting to sap the warmth from him. Garret hoped Ilana was faring well in this weather. He had no idea of what kind of climate she was accustomed to as it was. If it weren’t for his thick coat Garret would have been even more uncomfortable in this drab weather as well.

Ilana soon made it clear that she worried about getting caught in the rain. At that Garret glanced skywards, debating on what to say to that. It wasn’t like he couldn’t guarantee his acquaintance was there at all now. Still, if the place was empty they could at least hunker down if it did start to rain.

“It will be fine, I’ve managed through worse.” That reply might not be what she wanted to hear but it was truth. Garret would not elaborate on those other times however. Many of them could be viewed as rather gruesome.

A quick tug on the reins made sure to keep Balthos in line. Garret had felt him tugging away at them, perhaps interested in wandering off the beaten path. He’d have to stop and feed Balthos if not himself and Ilana soon. Waiting until they reached their destination was his goal however.

----[x]----

Despite the fact that what Kōga said was true, Sachiko pulled a face in response. If she could she’d eat now and just sleep. Despite being impatient before on the way here Kōga had never had them off running, perhaps mindful of her injury at first and then at how slow she’d be in comparison to him and his friends. Doing so today tired her out more than she’d thought it would.

Eventually he offered to get up and start a fire. At the very least that would be ready by the time Ginta and Hakkaku got back with more firewood through the night and whatever they tracked down. All the same Sachiko was comfortable where she was.

“Only if you hurry,” she relented finally. As she said this she prodded at his side, though this did little good when he wore armor. All the same, her fingernail made a small noise against the metal.

While he took to that, Sachiko sat up straighter, her back against the tree. It was chillier already on the side she’d rested against Kōga and she took to drawing her knees closer, toes already cold in the evening air. When she had something warmer she’d be happier but then, with what the three wore, Sachiko wasn’t sure if that’d be the case or not. ’At least it’s furry. Fur is warm,’ she reasoned.

Sachiko could only wait until Kōga was finished and sat back down beside her. Despite herself and her earlier comments she was quick to rest against his side again. It wasn’t like she had a real bed to doze off in anyways.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 2:34 pm

She tried not to let the chilliness bother her. Honestly, it could have been winter. Ilana thanked small miracles for that. Who knew when that would be on the way however.

She repressed a shiver. She was warm enough for the time being. On top of Balthos, Ilana could at least feel a little warmth ebbing off the horse. A warm winter coat would no doubt be growing on the horse soon enough.

A pout adorned her features at his response. Much like a cat, she didn't enjoy being drenched. Then again, she knew there was little to do about it. All she could really hope for was getting to the cabin before it started to rain.

"You've managed through worse, sir," she jested sarcastically, "Back home, traveling like this just doesn't exist unless someone's interested in hiking or mountain climbing."

She'd never done either and didn't expect to. Now that she lived in an era that required it, there was a lot she wasn't prepared for. Wandering about in chilly rain seemed like a bad idea to her though Garret had little worries on the matter.

"Buuut I guess I'm just going to have to trust you on these matters," she added after a moment, "Haven't steered me wrong yet, after all."

----| |x| |----

Kōga leaned back again, tucking an arm behind his head. The fire roaring made it warmer than it was before. His tail twitched idly as he relaxed near Sachiko's side. She seemed content where she was as well.

Sachiko seemed eager to rest against his side again. He allowed it in turn. He would be lying if he didn't like it as well. This was honestly better than he ever imagined.

"At least it's warmer now," he pointed out, sighing contently. The evenings were a tad chilly but nothing more, "I hope it's enough for you."

He'd noticed a trend with her and getting cold. Even on mild days, she seemed to get chilly. While he found that odd, he never mentioned it. Kōga merely watched on to make sure she was alright.

"You get cold a lot, I noticed," he mentioned, "Maybe the fur will help with that too."

It certainly kept him warm when it was chilly. They'd even managed through snow just fine. He knew he was a demon but there were some things that caused him trouble too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next