AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PokéPartner : [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 509

[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 12:45 am

Ilana didn’t seem too mind sitting at the table with him. Perhaps she was hoping for something to do this evening. It wasn’t like she had things for her to do on her person. Garret wasn’t sure what to do about that just yet but he’d find something in time.

“Usually? I have many a firearm or blade I take care of in my spare time,” Garret admitted.

While that was true, Garret wouldn’t do so now. He had that target to take care of and his weapons were as good as they got right now. Tomorrow night would be when he’d need to clean them and sharpen any dulled blades. By that time they’d be out of the city and perhaps Ilana might find something to occupy herself with concerning Balthos.

“I cannot say that I am a very interesting or entertaining man,” he noted after a moment had passed.

Truthfully, he was rather predictable nowadays, as part of the brotherhood. The sooner that he could take down the Templars a peg for what they had done the better. Because of this Garret had very little time for any other hobbies that did not further the brotherhood’s goals. Whether or not that was something he admitted out loud was another matter entirely.

----[x]----

Kōga only sounded amused as he argued with her, pointing out what might’ve been the obvious to him. Sachiko was sure her face couldn’t get any hotter at this rate and stubbornly refused to glance away from the wound she was tending to now. At least this way she might save a little face.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” she wondered warily. She had an idea of what he meant but in a way she wanted some clarification. Kōga very well could have been insinuating something else entirely.

Focusing on her work mostly, Sachiko was glad for the work at least. In time her awkwardness lessened though slowly. There were more important things to worry about for the time being after all. It might only be a day or two for him to heal but precautions should be taken, he seemed to agree considering he was allowing her to get to it at any rate.

When asked Kōga was quite sure that he’d be able to handle the pain well enough until it healed entirely. It was only then that Sachiko glanced up at him, studying his face. He seemed truthful enough but still…

“Is that right?” Sachiko murmured. Carefully, she reached out to test his temperature, resting the back of her hand against his cheek. He didn’t feel too hot. “You’re not feeling feverish or anything?”

At the very least that meant there wasn’t any kind of infection that had set in.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Grenin10

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 7:04 pm

Ilana shifted in the chair. Once again, she found some much oddness out of something so small. There would be big and little things she'd have to get used to here.

His explanation was a simple one. Ilana didn't find much in it herself. She knew little on such subjects. She was clumsy and was always afraid she'd hurt herself if she took up those kinds of things.

"I don't know much about that subject, I'm afraid," she answered.

That being the case, she didn't have much more to speak of. The majority of her hobbies were null in this era. She might be able to part with one or two but that was it.

He spoke up again, catching her attention. She spared a quick smile and a shake of her head. It wasn't as if she'd been extending much in the terms of entertainment or interest either.

"It's alright," she replied, "I'm not particularly good at either of those things either."

Ilana was so often with the horses, she dismissed quite a bit of human interaction. It left her skittish and at a loss as to how to deal with people and their emotions half the time but it also made her naive and vulnerable as well.

----| |x| |----

Kōga laughed a little, strained as it was. She was trying to defend herself but there was no real bite to it. Her cheeks were still warm too, shading her pale cheeks easily. If he let himself admit it, it made her a little cute.

"Well, you look awkward!" he pointed out further, "It's not like we're doing anything to be awkward about, you know."

Despite the prodding, she continued on with her work diligently. She was carefully about prods and pains. If he sucked in a breath or flinched, she'd pause, waiting for it to pass before continuing.

Time seemed to move slowly for him with all of this fussing. Eventually, she pulled back and started questioning him. When she placed her hand on his cheek, he felt a wave of surprise run through him. His heart leapt momentarily, something he swore only reacted to Kagome.

"No," he muttered his answer, "Not at all."

Strange feelings overcame him. He tried to urge them back but he found it difficult. Her touch was gentle, nice against his skin.

Kōga leaned in a little, almost as if he was testing the waters. He was a bold man, by all means. He tried not to put too much thought into it, how head foggy with the moment. Whatever came from it, he wasn't sure if he'd regret it later or not.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 8:04 pm

Ilana looked unsure about the idea of weaponry and cleaning such things. Garret didn’t expect anything else; she didn’t seem like the type to take to that sort of thing. If she was uncomfortable with such things than he would not push her to do such things. Besides, they were his own equipment and it was his responsibility to take care of it all.

He spared a nod and gestured to her while he spoke. “If that is the case then I will not bother you with such things.”

A slight chuckle left him at her answer to his self-assessment. At the very least she didn’t look put out by the idea; in fact, Ilana looked as if she could care less so long as he was not hostile or rude. Perhaps things would go along smoothly until he could explain the brotherhood to her properly. Even then there was no telling how Ilana would react to such things as assassins and the Templars’s secret agenda.

“Then it seems we will make for a matching traveling pair,” he joked simply. Whether or not she appreciated the joke Garret couldn’t tell. “Perhaps in time you might wish to learn a little about other things I have knowledge in.”

If that was the case then Garret would gladly impart such knowledge. It might keep her busy and she might take it up as a hobby. It was an option at least. In the end that was all he could provide for such things until Ilana grew more confident in these times.

Rolling his shoulders, Garret sat back, resting an arm over the table. It would be a few hours before he took off to deal with his target and even then he’d make it a quick affair. After that the night would go by entirely quietly for him.

----[x]----

Sachiko hated how easily she could be read. Even with her hair to shield her face Kōga must have been able to see her face through it. Either that or her body language gave her away; Sachiko couldn’t be sure which was the truer if. For all she knew it might have been both.

Despite it being at her expense Sachiko did have to admit that it at least gave Kōga something to focus on other than his wounds. All the same she was careful to listen for the occasional intake of breath or noting the way he flinched or tensed while she cleaned the burns on his legs. During these times she would wait, giving him a brief respite.

It wasn’t until she paused to check his temperature, opting for his cheek rather than tugging his headband off, did conversation resume. Her brow furrowed at the look that crossed Kōga’s face in that brief moment. She couldn’t say she could decipher the expression though she was sure she saw surprise there for a second in the widening of his eyes. It almost looked to her like he might be feeling a little awkward himself, or was she misinterpreting something?

“Good,” she murmured, glad to hear he wasn’t feeling any worse off than the pain.

Her heart felt like it leaped into her throat momentarily when she noticed Kōga lean in, that curious look still on his face. Sachiko couldn’t be sure when she leaned in as well, her gaze flickering to his mouth for a brief moment. For the time being the situation that led them here seemed to be forgotten, almost as if it were unimportant. Instead there was a feeling that bloomed in her, one that felt lighter than air.

”Hey! Is everything still okay here?”

Hakkaku’s voice, still a little far off from the sounds of it, snapped Sachiko back out of her thoughts, that lighter than air feeling gone with it. A small sound of surprise escaped her as she quickly dropped her hand to her lap, her face feeling hot not even seconds later.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 12:37 am

Ilana drew her legs to her chest, comfortable curled up in the chair. A part of her was a little afraid the chair might break underneath of her. The thing was rickety, not built like the ones back home.

"It's...not that I've never been interested," she elaborated, "I'm just a clumsy ox so half the time, I just leave dangerous tolls alone."

The chuckle caught her off guard briefly. It was a gravelly sound, a little quieter than most. Ilana didn't mind it though. She'd rather hear that than some loud, overly obnoxious laugh.

She spared him a small smile in response to the brief joke. Ilana liked easy going times. If that was the case and there wasn't much fuss, she'd be content. She wasn't hard to please. As long as she was content, she was fine.

"I'll have to see," she answered, toying with her fingers a little, "There's still a lot I don't quite know about this place. I'm sure there's a bundle more I'll find later on down the road."

If anything, it was an opportunity to learn. Whether or not she'd take that knowledge home remained to be seen. Garret claimed not to take the risk. She resisted the urge to do just that. Risking getting back home was still a strong urge tugging at her.

----| |x| |----

For a moment, there was only hesitance. He knew that this might have been as unexpected to her as it was for him. Of course it would be. He was initiating a show of affection despite the bickering these passed few days.

His heart thumped hard in his chest when she leaned forward a little as well. Somewhere in the back of his head, a part of him screamed to stop. He found his latter half ignored it and simply pressed forward.

They were only inches apart when Hakkaku's voice rang out. Sachiko pulled away quickly, her hand finding it's way back to her lap. Kōga's face felt hot and an odd bit of disappointment ran through him.

"We're fine," he called back. Only after did he muttered, "Just fine."

Kōga rubbed the back of his neck as if that would dispel everything that just happened. The thoughts lingered, confused and muddled with other feelings he didn't want to bring up for the time. A heavy sigh left him at that, fully knowing this might have been a mistake.

"Sorry it took us so long," Ginta's voice soon followed after his friend. The both of them were in eye sight now. The worry was still muddled on their faces, "Thankfully, there's no more trouble about. We made sure the area was safe."

"Good," Kōga replied. He cleared his throat to shake any other awkwardness he felt, "That's all we can really do for now."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 12:56 am

Ilana’s self-assessment was a little amusing. She seemed quite certain of herself and Garret had no reason to doubt her on that. In time he might see if that was true or not.

“Perhaps I might teach you a thing or two about safety as well,” Garret mentioned. A pause followed before he nodded to himself. “At least when it comes to weaponry.”

Again, it would give her something to do at the very least. Traveling would take some time and they couldn’t very well spend all of it in silence. Ilana seemed to like the offers he made whether or not she agreed to them. Perhaps it was the very act of offering that made her happy.

He offered shrug when next she spoke. It seemed as if she didn’t quite know what she wanted yet. In a way, he could understand that; she was in a strange place and, to her, a strange time. Just getting acclimated would be stressful enough without adding anything else to her shoulders.

“Take the time you need to sort your feelings out,” he advised. Rushing her would do no good that was for certain.

Someone like Ilana might need space to do just that. If that’s what she needed then Garret would respect that. Pushing her into things would only make it all worse for her and make her more difficult to be around. He’d rather avoid that if he could help it.

----[x]----

Sachiko had made it a point to look away from Kōga, her face feeling very hot. She was quite sure that she was very red-faced and wasn’t quite willing to let anyone see, much less Kōga. She couldn’t be sure but from the corner of her eye Sachiko could swear that he was fidgeting a little. Maybe he was just as embarrassed as she was; she didn’t brave a peek to find out for sure.

She just barely heard Kōga muttering under his breath though she couldn’t be sure what he was feeling now. A part of her was scared to find out though Sachiko couldn’t figure out why. For the time being it didn’t matter, with that rationalization she shoved the thought aside for later.

”Yeah, we didn’t find much out there that needed chasing off,” Hakkaku reported once Ginta had finished speaking. “And whatever Sachiko did to that boar demon left it running away too.”

’That’s right,’ she though, glad for a new topic to dwell on. This awkward feeling that settled in the air between her and Kōga was almost too much to bear. ’I made it shrink, somehow…’

There was a brief bit of silence and Sachiko could swear she felt eyes boring into her. She tried not to let this bother her but it was hard with what Ginta and Hakkaku had just interrupted. It must have been obvious that they’d walked into something though if only because of what Hakkaku said next.

”Is something wrong…?”

Sachiko’s heart jumped at the question. What was the right answer to that? Her mind whirled, unable to figure something out. They’d almost kissed, but the three of them had gone on about this Kagome for so long and how besotted Kōga was with her. It had to have just been a mistake, and if that was the case Sachiko didn’t want to dwell on it.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 12:53 pm

The thought of learning something new, even if it was something that intimidated her, was a nice one. Here, she might need it. If there really was a war going on, she at least wanted to be able to protect herself.

"I think I might try that," she answered, "How bad could it be?"

She toyed with her shoelaces, wariness overcoming her. Most of the day spent walking took it's toll. Sleep had come restless last night as well. She sighed at that.

Garret told her to sort out her feelings first and foremost. She apperciated that the most. If she could settle her thoughts aside and come to terms, she'd be more willing to do different things in time.

"I'll do that, thank you," she answered, "I'm a little tired though. I think I might turn in."

Sleep would do her good, she was well aware. As long as she got enough of it, she would be fine. She rose from her chair and tugged off her shoes. Slipping into the bed was simple after that. Closing her eyes, she tried to drift off though, the sleep was light at best.

----| |x| |----

The awkwardness still clung in the air between them, that was for sure. If Ginta or Hakkaku noticed it, they didn't say anything yet. Kōga was glad for that. They didn't need to go into an explanation of what happened.

"Good," he finally answered after Hakkaku spoke, "I'd rather it be quiet for a short time. Until I've healed, I won't be any use in fighting."

He had to protect his friends. If he couldn't manage that the way he was now, he was next to useless. Kōga didn't quite appreciate that thought, true as it was.

The silence wore on a little after that. Ginta and Hakkaku were no doubt curious. He even caught Ginta shrugging his shoulders when his friend sent him a questioning look. It wasn't long after they were asked what was wrong.

"It's nothing," Kōga answered nonchalantly, "We were just cleaning my wounds is all. It got a little awkward."

He hoped that was convincing. If either of them really dug deep enough, they would find out the truth. Neither were the type to do so however. Ginta merely shrugged and left it be for the time being.

"If that's all..." Ginta answered, "I guess all that's left to do is set up camp for the night."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 1:49 pm

Garret allowed himself to chuckle again, glad that Ilana wasn’t shooting the option down right away. At the very least she would give it a try and see how things went. It was a start at least and maybe she would enjoy weapons more once she had a handle on things.

“I will be here to make sure nothing happens,” he assured.

Many years of using such things had given him the expertise needed to coach someone else with firearms and blades. The worst that could happen was that Ilana would cut her fingers while tending to a blade. Even that would be easy to deal with.

Soon enough Ilana declared that she was ready for bed. It didn’t take her long to slip her shoes off and slip into the only bed there. Garret did not mind this, he’d slept in worse places than in the chair he occupied now. Besides, he would be up for several hours to come yet.

It was only when he was sure that Ilana was asleep did Garret slip out, placing his hat back on his head. It would only take half an hour to reach the building his target resided within and forty more minutes to slip into the room the doomed man was sitting in. The deed was done quickly, the hidden blade strapped to Garret’s wrist sliding out of place easily and ending the target’s life. With that he’d slipped out the way he’d come, the sheets of paper with the information he needed in his pocket, before anyone was the wiser to the intrusion.

Once back at the inn Garret rested easier, glad that his task was complete in this city. They would be able to properly leave now in the morning without any problems. For now he took residence in one of the rickety chairs again, allowing Ilana the bed to herself.

----[x]----

Despite the awkward air between she and Kōga Sachiko was glad to hear that he wasn’t so rash as to go picking a fight while he healed. He’d fought rather hastily, perhaps eager to get it over with so his friends remained safe. In a way it had worried her for situations like this that might arise in the future.

She was equally glad when Kōga answered Hakkaku. It wasn’t a lie that was for sure. Perhaps sensing that, Ginta and Hakkaku didn’t pursue the topic further; instead they focused on the idea of setting up camp for the night.

Sachiko rose to her feet then, eager to do something and take her mind off of what happened, or rather what almost happened.

“Is there anything I can help with?”

If the two were confused as to Sachiko’s sudden eagerness to help they didn’t question it. Maybe they figured she was more willing to help out as they traveled to find this Kagome and her friends. She’d certainly done a lot of brooding and moping in the days that had passed, it was about time she try to get past that and make due with what she had now.

”Well, maybe you can help Ginta get fire wood,” Hakkaku answered after a moment of thought.

“All right. Ginta, lead the way?” Sachiko said with a nod, turning to the other demon boy. If they were curious still they weren’t showing it and Sachiko hoped it remained that way.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 3:33 pm

Ilana's sleep had been light. She woke on several occasions but drifted back off after a few minutes. On one such occasion, she woke to the door opening and closing again.

She looked over her shoulder to find Garret was gone. Confusion welled up in her for a long moment. Instead of falling back asleep, she relaxed her breath and waited.

Time passed slowly. At some point, she was aware that she'd fallen asleep again. The door opening woke her again. Garret's footsteps against the wood alerted her that he'd returned.

She rolled over, watching as he sat back down in the chair. For a moment, she only watched him. When he said nothing, she turned back over and tried to sleep again.

Her mind was a muddle of questions. Where had he gone and why for so long? In the middle of the night, what could have gone on? She found herself uncomfortable and unable to really come to any conclusions.

Eventually, she sighed, trying to settle her mind once more. She hoped in time, he'd let her in on this strange behavior.

----| |x| |----

Kōga leaned back, heaving a heavy sigh. If anything, they were making some progress. When he had time, he'd sort himself later. For now, he was stuck with the confusing thoughts muddled in his head.

He rubbed the back of his neck, glancing at Sachiko. She still looked awkward, shifting her weight a little. If anything, Kōga had dispelled any questions that might arise.

She was ready to hop to it and rose to her feet quickly. Kōga blinked at that eagerness. Somehow, he felt he might have caused a problem. For now, he didn't bother thinking about it too much.

"Y-yea sure," Ginta responded, "That's fine. Come on."

With that said and done, Kōga watched as the two walked away. He huffed, trying to get a little more comfortable. There wasn't much he could do. Instead, he crossed his arms and tried to settle in. It would be a long couple of days, he was well aware.

"If everything alright?" Ginta asked when they were further away from their camping spot. The tension in the air was thick when they arrived, "Not that I want to pry or anything!"

Maybe Sachiko felt better if she didn't mention anything at all. Ginta found she was very much that type of person, after all.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 4:53 pm

Garret had slept well enough, dozing on and off through the night. It was difficult for anyone to get well rested on a chair but he managed it without falling off in the night. Eventually the sun peeked through the curtains, filling the room with gray morning light. It was this that roused him originally, seated in a bad spot and getting a face full of the light.

Grunting he sat himself up to run his hand over his face, attempting to wipe the sleep away. With his other hand he patted his pocket, making sure the scrap of paper was still there. Satisfied he blinked around, noting that Ilana was still in bed, the blanket tugged around her tightly.

’Suppose she might do with more sleep,’ he reasoned. There wasn’t any point in waking her so early just yet. Balthos would be waiting at the stables anyways until they could make it there and out into the frontier.

Instead he inspected himself carefully, unable to have done so in the dark last night. He spied no drops of blood on his coat sleeve. ’Good. There is little reason to have to explain that away just yet.’ He had mentioned having a meeting with someone though he hadn’t said when during the night it would happen. Besides, he reasoned, Ilana had gone to bed early as well.

Garret had covered himself well, even if Ilana was the observant sort. For the time being this worked for them.

----[x]----

Sachiko was glad to have something to do even if it was mindless gathering of wood. It would give her something to do, something to focus on instead of her confusing thoughts. Ginta and Hakkaku still looked just as confused by what they’d walked in on though neither one had made a fuss about it.

Ginta was clearly surprised by her want to help though did not turn the offer down. Instead he started them off and she trailed after, glancing around for any wood that might due. So far all she spotted were bushes and twigs, all unsuitable for a fire.

It was quiet for several minutes and Sachiko figured that the topic of what might have happened or hadn’t happened was left alone. As such when Ginta asked, she tensed, feeling her face grow a little warmer again. A second later she was waving her hand dismissively, as if to shoo the topic away.

“Yeah, why wouldn’t it be?” she answered simply. Sachiko wasn’t sure she’d be able to bluff her way out of something so awkward so soon.

Though she worried Sachiko also found she was a little curious about what the two thought was wrong. It wasn’t something that she’d just ask out loud however. No, that would be too awkward as well.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 5:30 pm

Ilana had managed enough sleep. When the morning gray peeked through the curtains, she woke a little. She shifted slightly, rubbing at her eyes. Pushing herself up, she resisted a yawn.

She glanced toward Garret, noting that he was awake as well. Whatever happened last night, she resisted trying to ask. In time, he might say something.

"Good morning," she greeted after a moment. Her voice sounded groggy with sleep, "I'm sorry I keep taking the bed. I hope sleeping in the chair didn't cause you any trouble."

If she had more confidence, she might have offered to share it but the thought left her awkward. She didn't know the man so well, after all.

"What's on the agenda, then?" she asked curiously. Maybe they would be off today. She would have been pleased to know that if they would be leaving.

----| |x| |----

Ginta glanced back at Sachiko again. Her expression remained calm though something was bothering her. He didn't want to pry into it too deeply. Maybe something had happened.

Her answer was short and curt. Like before, she didn't want anything to do with a straight answer. Even if there was something wrong, she kept it to herself.

"It's just when we came back, you both looked pretty awkward," he explained, "And Kōga, he doesn't get awkward at all."

Kōga was very bold. If he wanted something, he'd made it known. That's just the kind of man he was. Ginta knew that if he looked or felt awkward, something had obviously gone wrong.

"Anyways, we're just not used to seeing Kōga like that, so it's a pretty big red flag, you know?" he elaborated.

Ginta spared her a glance as he continued forward. He started to look for kindling, knowing this would be rather easy to pick up. He'd rather make this quick, still a little on edge after the boar demon.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 6:19 pm

It didn’t take too much longer since Garret woke that Ilana followed suit. She moved sluggishly though eventually greeted him. He spared a polite smile and a nod. At least she wasn’t grouchy in the morning; at least she hadn’t been so far.

“Morning to you as well,” he greeted in turn.

Garret rose to his feet, stretching his back briefly before he spoke again. By that time Ilana had already asked what they was planned for the day anyways. She was being proactive about these things and Garret had to wonder why that was. She could be growing used to the way things worked here or she might just want something to do to avoid thinking about the things she no longer had.

“The meeting with a Mister James went swimmingly last night. He has thankfully provided the location of our correspondence,” Garret answered. As if to prove this, he took the slip of paper out and showed it to her before tucking it away for safety.

Once they had some breakfast in them Garret would lead them to the stables for his steed before they left the city properly. There was no rush however. No one suspected him of being an assassin and he’d left no trail for anyone to pick him up by.

He gestured for Ilana to stand and get ready. “I suspect you might want a bite to eat before he head out.”

----[x]----

Ginta plowing on with the subject wasn’t something that Sachiko had expected. Usually he and Hakkaku just dropped a topic when she gave indirect answers or when it was clear the other party wasn’t inclined to continue it. Ginta must have been concerned for Kōga if he wasn’t doing just that.

Put on the spot, Sachiko didn’t know what to say to that. She couldn’t very well just blurt out that they’d almost kissed. This Kagome girl clearly had Kōga’s heart but then…

“I-It’s really nothing,” she assured anyways, shaking her head as she did. “You can ask Kōga about it later.”

She couldn’t say for sure if anything she said would assuage any concerns that Ginta had. Maybe actually talking to Kōga would be better anyways. Though she thought that, Sachiko wasn’t sure if she’d be able to bring herself to do the same. With certain matters Sachiko was quite shy, unsure of how to proceed with them. This was one such thing.

Sachiko stopped to pick up a rather nice-sized branch. It looked to be old, no new growth on it from where it had fallen. It would due for a fire at least. This also gave her time to clear her thoughts and try to chase away the lingering awkwardness that still settled in her chest.

’It was just a mistake anyways,’ she reasoned. Sachiko wasn’t sure about the hurt feeling that swept over her after that thought. Instead of dwelling on it she tried to push it away. ’Just a stupid mistake.’
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 8:58 pm

Garret seemed ready to move upon her waking. She blinked, wondering what the rush was. Ilana didn't question it. If that was what he wanted, she mind as well get up too.

He launched into an explanation about the meeting that night. Ilana still didn't understand why he had to leave so late at night. The paper he pulled out seemed to be his proof however. She hummed a little in response.

"Well, alright," she replied, rising to her feet. She made quick work of tugging her shoes back on, "Then we can leave?"

She didn't quite know what to expect after this. Really, she was merely relying on his word. If he'd given a little more at this point, it would have helped. She brushed it off however.

"Yes, if we could," she replied to his question. She had little idea of how long they would be out and about, after all. Eating something here beforehand would be in her best interest.

----| |x| |----

Ginta spared her a quick glance. She stumbled on her words, that awkwardness clearly showing again. He felt a little bad. He didn't want to push his luck, really. He was just curious about it all.

"I'm sorry for prying," he answered her, "I don't mean anything by it. I'm just concerned."

If something had happened that would burn bridges again, it was call for concern. Ginta and Hakkaku had gotten rather attached to Sachiko as it was.

Silence overtook the conversation after that. Ginta left her to her thoughts. Maybe that was for the best. She might need to sort herself out, even if nothing had happened at all. For the moment, that seemed for the best.

He and Sachiko focused on picking through kindling and good sized branches for the fire. When they were satisfied, they started back. A fire would do them some good for the night.

If Hakkaku had asked Kōga about anything, he didn't say anything. He merely looked relieved to see them back.

"This should last us the night," Ginta informed, "We should be alright."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 9:44 pm

Garret was glad that Ilana didn’t seem to mind heading out so quickly. While on his own Garret rarely lingered anywhere that he didn’t need to for long. There was little point to when he was so absorbed with his life’s work in recent years. The brotherhood had much work that needed tending to, this worked just fine for him.

He waited until she’d slipped her shoes on before Garret handed her her hat. She didn’t seem enthused about wearing it but donned it anyways without complaint.

“Then we can leave,” Garret affirmed with a nod. “Unless there is business you want to tend to…?”

He couldn’t think of anything that she’d need to do, being so out of place here. Still, it would be nice to offer at the very least. Whether she thought so was the question. In fact, many things he asked her about out of politeness seemed to just gain him a curious look in return.

Turning, Garret led them out of the room, grabbing the pack he’d brought with him into the city. Everything else was stored away until he had Balthos to carry it all. The horse had quite a load though Garret did not work to overload the animal. With Ilana around and, presuming her capability with horses was on par with what Balthos needed, it would be no great problem with the stubborn steed.

“If need be we can snack a little later on, though I’d rather not stop too often once on the road,” he noted.

As they headed down the hallway to what amounted to the little bar at the front of the inn, Garret rested a hand on Ilana’s shoulder. She didn’t seem to o\mind and he did this only to make sure no one would go and bump into her, potentially knocking her hat off.

----[x]----

Sachiko waved away Ginta’s apologies, seeing no need for them. He was clearly worried and she couldn’t blame him for that even if she didn’t want to have to think about what almost happened. The reminder that it was a mistake weighed on her strangely though she didn’t dwell on it, instead she chose to focus on gathering suitable branches for the fire.

It took a while though eventually they gathered up enough that Ginta started them back. The fact that they didn’t stray far from the area they’d stopped at before didn’t surprise her much. Ginta most likely wanted to stay nearby in case trouble arose. She wasn’t sure what he or Hakkaku were capable of but they seemed to rely on Kōga a lot; it gave her the impression that they might not be quite as capable.

Hakkaku blinked up at them as they approached, looking like he was a little antsy. Sachiko couldn’t say if he’d talked to Kōga while they were away or not though.

”Everything all right?” Hakkaku called as they neared.

“As they can be, I guess,” Sachiko answered with a shake of her head.

Once she neared the area Hakkaku gestured to she lowered the pile of branches in her arms. Stepping away to allow them to get to what they needed to next, Sachiko took to brushing away the dirt and bark that clung to her arms and the remains of her shirt. She never did get anything to wear to fit the times though it didn’t seem to be a great concern so far.

”Someone needs to go hunting again,” Hakkaku pointed out, scratching at his head. “There’s not enough for everyone tonight.”
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 11:40 pm

She placed the hat back onto her head. It was an unfamiliar weight and one she didn't quite like there. In time, she hoped to grow used to it. When her hair grew out, she wouldn't need it anymore.

"I don't have anything, no," she replied.

There wasn't much that she had here and as such, she didn't really have a reason to fuss. Over time, she might gain a thing or two. For now, there was merely following Garret.

She followed after him, cautious in the small hall. Her hat slipping off could cause a potential problem. She rather avoid that. As they entered the main area of the inn, Garret seemed to realize the same and clasped his hand over her shoulder. It was a little comforting, if she was honest with herself.

"You must travel often," she pointed out eventually, "I suppose one would here, if they had the means. Lots of places to go."

Ilana didn't bring up why she said that. In time, when there were fewer people, she might go into detail. For now, it was a bit of a guarded topic. She didn't want to risk someone overhearing.

----| |x| |----

Kōga didn't have much to do, his limbs burned as they were. He couldn't quite get up to help Hakkaku. He leaned back, trying to resist the urge to be stubborn and stand. That was a difficult feat in and of itself.

On occasion, Hakkaku would speak with him. He pressed for some answers. Kōga simply waved them off. Eventually, Hakkaku gave up on that as well.

When Ginta and Sachiko returned, they both looked as they did when they left. Ginta even looked a little more at a loss. Kōga had to wonder what they talked about out there.

"Unfortunately I can't help you there," Kōga answered, "As much as I might want to."

"I can go back out again. I don't mind," Ginta volunteered, "Everything's pretty quiet now, so there shouldn't be anything to hold me up."

Kōga nodded in response to his words. At least they wouldn't need to worry about trouble over night. That little blessing he was grateful for.

"If you're sure, Ginta..." he said, watching as the young man waved away Kōga's concern. With that, he dropped off the wood and started out once more.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 12:13 am

Garret glanced down at her, unable to see her face fully past the brim of her hat. What she said was a little curious though perhaps there’d be time to ask her about the specifics of her comment later. There was a sense that she was being a bit cryptic behind it. If that was the case then Garret would wait, knowing that what she might impart to him about it might be time sensitive.

He shook the thought from his head for the time being. There was no use dwelling on it at the present moment.

“Quite a bit, actually,” Garret told her honestly. “I have much business about the frontier and the cities and towns around it.”

What that business was she would learn many days from now, when his contact was located and could be spoken to. Garret merely hoped the man did not move yet again before they caught up to him. It could be troublesome sometimes because of the man’s seemingly nomadic penchant.

Once down the steps Garret gestured to the little bar. There would not be a whole lot to eat here but it would be filling. Biscuits and eggs and the like sounded enticing to him at the moment, maybe a bit of sausage if it could be helped. He sat down on the stool next to the one that Ilana took up.

“Get what you want, I should be able to cover it,” he offered. It wasn’t like Ilana had the coin to do so.

----[x]----

Sachiko wasn’t sure what she expected to happen after the awkward moment between she and Kōga. In a way, she was pleasantly surprised when she was not pushed for more details upon return to their impromptu campsite. Whatever might have been said to Hakkaku she couldn’t say but it left him a little quiet as well.

The night and the following few days passed in this manner. Ginta and Hakkaku cheerfully took to conversation when they could but Sachiko still found herself a little awkward around Kōga to participate very fully in their talk. Trying to remind herself that it was just a dumb mistake didn’t help as much as she thought it should.

In the end of things it didn’t matter much anyway as Kōga had picked up on a “mutt’s” scent and led them straight towards the source, quite confident that it would be where Kagome was. Sachiko found herself growing a little nervous at that. So many weeks had passed now, she was surely proclaimed dead too in the present time, her time.

”Hey, are you all right, Sachiko?” Hakkaku wondered, peering around her to try to meet her eye.

Sachiko blinked, a moment or two passing before she realized what was being asked of her. “O-Oh! Yeah… I’m fine,” she said finally.

”Are you sure? You haven’t been this quiet since we first met you,” he pointed out.

Sachiko didn’t hesitate to shake her head, unwilling to share her concerns with going back to her rightful time period. There were so many and they weighed in so heavily on her shoulders; it didn’t help that she knew many of them wouldn’t make sense to the three men she was traveling with.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 4:16 pm

He didn't ask her to elaborate. She was appreciative on that. It wouldn't have been a wise idea here. Even with a few people lingering about, there was still a chance someone could overhear a bit of the conversation.

His explanation was simple as they always were. Ilana at least assumed that travel would be quite a lot here. The country as it was had yet to really be explored. As long as people weren't afraid and were skilled enough, they could traverse the woods without much threat.

"It sounds like a lot of fun, honestly," she brought up, "I never had much opportunity to travel."

At the front of the inn, a few people lingered. Glancing over at one, she could have sworn a man was a sleep at a table. Maybe a group was drinking over night. She hadn't heard anything to really say.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Garret told her to get what she liked. There wasn't much to choose from so that made things simple. She opted for eggs and a bit of bread.

"Well, thank you for that," she pointed out before she sat and ate.

Really, she felt a little guilty for not being able to pay for herself. It wasn't as if she had any money to cover her own expenses at the moment. The most she could in terms of payment was to check up on his horse, she supposed.

----| |x| |----

Kōga found himself continually warning with himself as the days went passed. He shouldn't have felt anything for Sachiko, especially so if it was just a whim. Still, it was there and it nagged at him considerably.

She didn't talk much, at least not specifically to him. When she did try, her voice was normally rather strained. She tried to push the topics on but didn't have it in her to continue.

He glanced back when Hakkaku asked how she was. The denial came once more and she fell quiet again. He caught Ginta exchange a look of concern with his friend but nothing more was said.

Kōga glanced forward again, testing the air. Once more, he caught the half demons scent on it. The scent was strong too.

"They're somewhere around here," he brought up finally, "They can't be too far. That half demons scent is everywhere."

Kōga tried to bury any of his strange feelings and doubt. It was a difficult feat, he found. Whatever he was starting to feel for Sachiko seemed rather strong. He almost didn't want her to leave.

"Are you both really okay?" Ginta finally asked, "Seriously, you've been at odds and it's really worrying."

Kōga sighed a little. Leave it to the both of them to worry. Sachiko nor Kōga wanted to get into the topic. Still, leaving it lay where it was didn't help either. Kōga decided to remain silent on it and focus on finding InuYasha.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 12:31 am

Ilana didn’t take long to get herself some eggs and bread once they were at the little bar. It was a good thing; at least she wouldn’t be wanting for food later when they started off. If nothing else she seemed to like the idea of heading out of the city. No doubt being away from the potential stares would help.

Their food took some time to come to them though neither minded. The brief quiet between them wasn’t so bad either. It left them time to sort out their thoughts and for Garret to prepare to deal with his stubborn horse again. It had been a over a week after all.

“You said you did not have much chance to travel earlier,” he noted after awhile had passed and their food had been given. Once he passed over the necessary payment to the barkeep Garret continued. “Is there anything you hope to experience along the way?”

If anything this would give him a clear idea of what Ilana thought travel was like. Perhaps things were much different in her era than in the now. He couldn’t say until she found it in her to impart that knowledge to him. He didn’t expect much detail then or even now, well aware that especially now any one person could overhear if she did such a thing.

As he waited for Ilana to answer, Garret dug into his food. He chewed slowly, in no huge rush to finish his breakfast. In a way he liked to savor his food when he had the chance.

----[x]----

Sachiko wasn’t sure how to feel about the fact that they were closing in on these other people. Kōga seemed sure that Kagome could get her to her own time period though the closer they got the larger the worry that had weighed in on her grew. There was so much she had to see to if and when she returned, questions she wouldn’t be able to answer honestly without being forced to see some shrink. That wasn’t even saying how little Sachiko was prepared to be an actual adult in society, to stand on her own like she’d have to.

She tried to shake the weight that settled in on her at those realizations. It was stressful enough after what had happened with Kōga days ago, she didn’t need to try to explain away any further stress she was feeling.

Ginta soon spoke up again, pressing for answers again. Sachiko could hear Kōga sighing though he didn’t say anything. This left Sachiko concerned; should she say something? Several seconds passed before she shook her head. Ginta and Hakkaku were clearly waiting for an answer.

“There’s just a lot on my mind,” she muttered. Whether or not she sounded convincing, she couldn’t be sure. In the end it didn’t seem to matter, it was truthful too.

Hakkaku glanced at her and looked to Ginta quickly after; Sachiko could see it from the corner of her eye. She tried not to be bothered by this but it was clear that they didn’t fully believe her.

”But… is that really all…?” Hakkaku wondered. The concern was easy to hear in his voice.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 6:24 pm

It was nice to be able to fill her belly, simple as the meal was. The bread still tasted amazing to her. It was much better than the store bought bread back home.

Garrets question caught her off guard a tad. Really, she couldn't quite tell him any specifics. A lot had changed from then compared to now. She couldn't really say here.

"A lots changed, Garret," she explained quietly, "So seeing the frontier the way it was before things changed is all I really want."

Ilana couldn't ask for much. She could imagine how excited most historians would have been to see the world the way it had been. Everything was more or less under speculation, after all.

In time, she might explain it to him. She was still afraid to cause some kind of ripple effect in history, however. Ilana would do her best to tread carefully on such subjects.

----| |x| |----

Kōga could feel the air begin to grow tense. It was either that or just him. He tried to resist another sigh at this rate. He'd been doing it quite a bit as of recent. It was almost hard to avoid.

Sachiko tried to brush it off as well. Her answer was curt and simple. Kōga spared her a glance, well aware that it was far more than that. Neither of them was willing to part with the information however.

Hakkaku pressed for an answer was well. A little annoyance rubbed Kōga the wrong way. He scratched the back of his neck, feeling sweat gather there.

"It's alright," he finally said, "So don't worry about it anymore."

He hoped to put an end to it then and there. If Ginta or Hakkaku wanted to argue, they didn't get the chance. Kōga noticed a bit of orange and instantly knew who it was.

"Hey! Hey guys! I told you they were here! Shippo's voice rang out. He looked happy to have discovered them first.

"Shippo, hey," Kōga greeted, raising his hand a little, "We've been trying to track you guys for days."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 7:49 pm

Garret didn’t wait long to pick up his fork and start eating. The sooner they were out of the city the better for the time being. Until Ilana’s hair grew out and she could snip the blue out it was a risk being near so many people at once. At least around people who might grow wary or frightened of her.

Waving that concern for the time being Garret instead worked to bring about polite conversation again. It might be something that Ilana liked; it was hard to say so far.

When Ilana did answer him it was quiet enough that Garret had to pause in his eating to lean in a little closer. He hummed in answer, unsure of what she meant by ‘changed’. He would have been surprised if nothing had changed but that answer of hers didn’t give him much to go on. Whatever was different, well, Garret couldn’t imagine unless she saw fit to try to explain one day.

“I see,” he said finally, resuming eating afterwards.

The silence between them didn’t bother Garret much. He was used to it, spending many weeks with only Balthos for company. Many times it was all he needed, so long as the horse wasn’t being overly stubborn. The quiet was almost reassuring to him, it meant nothing was going amiss.

He waved a dismissive hand as he took to spearing another bit of egg on his fork. “Perhaps such questions of mine are better saved for later,” he admitted.

----[x]----

Kōga’s silence didn’t last long before he was ending the conversation. At least, he tried to. Whether or not Ginta or Hakkaku would have pushed the topic couldn’t be known as another, unfamiliar voice rang out. Sachiko blinked, turning to the person who’d called out.

”Is Kagome still around?” Hakkaku ventured after Kōga had spoken up.

Sachiko didn’t pay much attention to that bit of conversation, instead taking in the small child with brown hair. His green eyes were wide and a puffy, tawny tail the size of himself poked out from behind him. It was clear he was a demon only by comparison to Kōga who also sported a tail and had pointed ears.

Behind the child demon several others arrived, two with dark hair and one with bright white hair that seemed whiter in the sunlight. Even odder were the odd dog-ears that poked out from his hair and perched atop the dark-haired woman’s shoulder was a little cat of some sorts with what looked like two tails. The entire group looked a little curious as to why there were here though the one with dog ears looked agitated already.

”What the hell do you want?” the dog-eared one scoffed, stuffing his hands into his sleeves, presumably crossing his arms in the process. Sachiko couldn’t tell with how baggy his sleeves actually were.

Sachiko raised an eyebrow, glancing between this dog-eared demon and Kōga, noting the way that the latter was now quickly getting aggravated as well. It was clear to tell that the two were at odds with each other though Sachiko couldn’t begin to say why. If there was a time to find out later maybe she could ask and sate her curiosity.

”InuYasha, calm down. Let’s at least hear them out first,” the dark-haired man said. He seemed to be one of the few in this group that wasn’t a demon, alongside the woman.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 8:56 pm

Ilana was glad to know that he wouldn't push for answers. Given people were around, few as they were, she worried about someone overhearing. She figured it was best that they talked in a quieter area.

With that, she ate quietly. Some came and went. A few men stayed, talking amongst themselves. Listening in, she had no idea of what they spoke of. The news was strange to her.

She glanced at Garret when he asked to talk a little more when they were out of town. Ilana nodded in agreement. She would be glad to part with a little information.

"It's better that way," she replied quietly.

With that said and done, she finished what was on her plate. When they were ready, they would move on. She was a little excited to see his horse as well. It would be nice to see something familiar to her.

----| |x| |----

Kōga didn't expect a warm welcome from InuYasha. They rarely ever exchanged kind words after all. Kōga found the half demon to be more of an annoyance most days. This wasn't any different.

He crossed his arms over his chest, ignoring the hostility the best he could for the moment. Instead, he nodded toward Sachiko.

"We were tracking you for this girl," he explained, "She's from Kagome's time and somehow ended up here when a demon attacked her back home. I figured Kagome would be the only one who could get her back home."

"Wait, that's possible?" Shippo asked, a childlike shock overtaking his features, "How'd a demon end up in Kagome's time?"

"We're not sure. She was just here, enveloped in a pink light much like that from the shard." Ginta explained.

"Regardless of how it happened, we shouldn't take it lightly. Maybe it's best if we get this young woman home."

Kōga scratched at his nose briefly, ignoring whatever nagging feeling in his chest. It would disappear with time if he let it. There was no point in dwelling on this kind of thing any longer.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 9:44 pm

Garret only nodded and continued eating his meal at Ilana’s insistence. There was no reason to press for the why when he already knew it after all. For the time being conversation didn’t seem like a good idea. Anything he was asking about was met with half-veiled answers as it was.

The silence between them seemed to make the time stretch on for longer than it really was. This also did little to bother Garret though he did catch Ilana glancing around. For a second or two he wondered if she was uncomfortable or was just the type to get fidgety if she sat in one place for too long.

Once their meal was completed, Garret stood. He straightened his coat and made sure his hat was on properly before he gestured to Ilana. Surely Balthos was still waiting, perhaps miffed that he’d been in a stable for so long now. It seemed like the beast grew more foul tempered the longer he was cooped up.

“Are you ready?” he asked politely, still holding his hand out for her to take. He wasn’t entirely an intimidating man, after all, he had some manners beaten into him at a young age.

If she slipped her hand into his then Garret would help her to her feet before leading them out, his pack slung over his shoulder. Most of the things he traveled with were kept with the saddle he used for Balthos. There was no need to lug it all around on his own in the city.

----[x]----

Sachiko could only find it in her to sit back and listen. It felt almost like she was just there in the background as they all discussed her situation. It didn’t seem like they really needed her input, at least not now. Sachiko shook her head at that. She’d just stay silent for the moment and see what happened.

Hakkaku was nodding alongside Ginta’s explanation. Sachiko merely shrugged when the darker-haired duo glanced her way. It wasn’t like she’d really been conscious when she got here. Hell, she wasn’t even sure what had happened that had caused the boar demon to shrink so many days ago.

”Well, this certainly is curious,” the man said. Sachiko wished she had names to place with their faces.

The one called InuYasha seemed to be regarding her curiously though didn’t seem to be enthused by all of this. Sachiko didn’t let it bother her, there was already enough on her shoulders as it was. Besides, she wasn’t sure what to expect now after so many weeks of staying and traveling with Kōga and his friends.

It wasn’t until the dark-haired woman spoke did Sachiko feel a need to pitch in. Whoever this Kagome was she didn’t seem to be with these people. With how often Kōga seemed to talk about her before that awkward incident and mistake she would have expected him to greet the girl warmly if she was here. There was none of that now.

“So, uh… where is this Kagome at…?” she wondered finally, sparing a glance around.

It was InuYasha who scoffed, glancing away and—if Sachiko had to say—looking a little guilty.
”She went home awhile ago.”

Sachiko blinked, unsure of what to think about that. In a way there was relief there, not having to return and try to figure things out on her own but on the other she had no clue what was happening now. Was she just going to be left with this new group or…?
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 11:45 pm

She waited on him to finish, fidgeting a little as she did so. When someone passed by too closely, she ducked her head a little. She didn't want anyone to see her hair if she could help it.

Eventually Garret rose to his feet, offering a hand. She blinked at him, confused for a brief moment before she let her hand slip into his. She rose to her feet afterward, shifting a little.

"Thank you," she said, "Yea, I'm ready."

She followed him out of the inn after everything was paid for. It was still early. Despite that, she was surprised to find that most people were out and about. It was a good distraction as they walked, however.

Ilana lifted her head a little after a bit of walking. The stables came into sight, many horses lined within. She smiled a little, glad to see something so familiar to her.

"Which is yours, then?" she inquired, her tone a little lighter. For anyone else, this might have looked childish. Ilana was more than happy however and she wanted to be around something familiar.

----| |x| |----

Kōga was aware they were trying to make sense of the situation. It was one that was difficult to understand. However Sachiko got here was still a rather alarming mystery. Regardless, she would be returning home now.

He blinked when he realized Kagome wasn't with them. A short hum left him afterward. InuYasha was looking guilty. Something must have been said or done to upset Kagome.

"Well, if that's the case, we should leave Sachiko with you," he decided, "Kagome will come back and when she does, Sachiko can return to her country."

He glanced back at Sachiko, ignoring whatever looks his friends gave him. If this is abnormal, he didn't care for the time being.

"Well, if you're sure," Shippo replied, "Kagome will come back when she's not so mad."

Kōga nodded in response. He expected as such after all. Somehow, Kagome always made her way back here. It didn't matter how it happened. At some point, she returned.

"Sachiko, we'll leave you here," Kōga said, sparing a smile, "I hope you can fix things in your country. You'll be fine."

The goodbyes were short but Kōga knew this was best. Sachiko needed to go home and they needed to move on. This was the best way to do so. With that said and done, he and his friends were ready to move on.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 12:34 am

The walk to the stables was a quiet one with very few people out and about in the city streets. It was still early, the sun still not raised fully to brighten the world. The light was rather gray, bland even. A bit of mist hung around alleyways, where no one traversed often.

It wasn’t until they actually neared the stables, the whinnying of horses reaching Garret’s ears, did he notice a change in Ilana. She seemed to get a bump in her step and when he glanced down at her he spotted her smiling. He scoffed in good humor, shaking his head. She really did seem to love horses if this was enough to make her happier.

“I hope you are prepared for a foul-tempered one,” he warned. She’d stated that she preferred them that way before but he’d see if that was true or not.

He led them to Balthos quickly, stopping only to ask the early morning stable hand where his supplies and saddle had been kept. Only when he was sure Ilana could handle herself with Balthos would he retrieve them.

The dark horse was snorting, stamping a hoof once or twice as they neared. He could spy a few flies scattered about the stables but otherwise there was little to annoy Garret. He gestured to the horse in question as he once again stamped a hoof and tossed his mane.

“This would be Balthos,” he introduced. “You did say you had experience with horses, yes?”

It was best to be safe rather than sorry. He’d hate to have Ilana overestimate herself without any actual experience and have her injured in the process.

----[x]----

Seeing the guilty look cross InuYasha’s face, Hakkaku braced himself for the retaliation he knew would come from Kōga. When there was a moment of silence he grew confused. Brow furrowed he glanced at Kōga, noting the thoughtful look on his face and then turned to shrug at Ginta. Hakkaku wasn’t reassured by the equally confused look Ginta gave him.

It wasn’t long before goodbyes were said, the decision to leave Sachiko with InuYasha and the others to wait for Kagome made. Was it just Hakkaku or did Sachiko look worried by that decision? He didn’t get a good look at the expression that crossed her face before she’d muttered her own farewells and they were off.

Hakkaku followed dutifully along after Kōga, a little surprised he didn’t just run off like he usually did. The man was an impatient one and usually didn’t like to wait on him and Ginta. It usually meant they were playing catch up and that Kōga doubled back often when he was done with what he needed or wanted to do. The change in pace was odd, especially now that Sachiko wasn’t here for Kōga to linger around with them to make sure she was safe.

Shaking his head, Hakkaku steeled himself and spoke up. “Hey, Kōga? Are you feeling all right?”

It took a second or two before Kōga actually responded, glancing at him only briefly. From the look on his face it seemed like Kōga was getting more and more annoyed by these questions. Still, Hakkaku was worried, as was Ginta.

Before Kōga could snap at him or try to hit him for being dumb Hakkaku plowed on. “I mean, you didn’t even really yell at InuYasha for making Kagome made and leave. In fact, you didn’t really fight with InuYasha at all.”

The two never got along, the smell of dog giving Kōga a headache as it was but InuYasha receiving Kagome’s affections had also driving Kōga up a wall. Now it barely seemed to faze him. The sudden change was jarring and concerning.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 12:35 am

The walk to the stables was a quiet one with very few people out and about in the city streets. It was still early, the sun still not raised fully to brighten the world. The light was rather gray, bland even. A bit of mist hung around alleyways, where no one traversed often.

It wasn’t until they actually neared the stables, the whinnying of horses reaching Garret’s ears, did he notice a change in Ilana. She seemed to get a bump in her step and when he glanced down at her he spotted her smiling. He scoffed in good humor, shaking his head. She really did seem to love horses if this was enough to make her happier.

“I hope you are prepared for a foul-tempered one,” he warned. She’d stated that she preferred them that way before but he’d see if that was true or not.

He led them to Balthos quickly, stopping only to ask the early morning stable hand where his supplies and saddle had been kept. Only when he was sure Ilana could handle herself with Balthos would he retrieve them.

The dark horse was snorting, stamping a hoof once or twice as they neared. He could spy a few flies scattered about the stables but otherwise there was little to annoy Garret. He gestured to the horse in question as he once again stamped a hoof and tossed his mane.

“This would be Balthos,” he introduced. “You did say you had experience with horses, yes?”

It was best to be safe rather than sorry. He’d hate to have Ilana overestimate herself without any actual experience and have her injured in the process.

----[x]----

Seeing the guilty look cross InuYasha’s face, Hakkaku braced himself for the retaliation he knew would come from Kōga. When there was a moment of silence he grew confused. Brow furrowed he glanced at Kōga, noting the thoughtful look on his face and then turned to shrug at Ginta. Hakkaku wasn’t reassured by the equally confused look Ginta gave him.

It wasn’t long before goodbyes were said, the decision to leave Sachiko with InuYasha and the others to wait for Kagome made. Was it just Hakkaku or did Sachiko look worried by that decision? He didn’t get a good look at the expression that crossed her face before she’d muttered her own farewells and they were off.

Hakkaku followed dutifully along after Kōga, a little surprised he didn’t just run off like he usually did. The man was an impatient one and usually didn’t like to wait on him and Ginta. It usually meant they were playing catch up and that Kōga doubled back often when he was done with what he needed or wanted to do. The change in pace was odd, especially now that Sachiko wasn’t here for Kōga to linger around with them to make sure she was safe.

Shaking his head, Hakkaku steeled himself and spoke up. “Hey, Kōga? Are you feeling all right?”

It took a second or two before Kōga actually responded, glancing at him only briefly. From the look on his face it seemed like Kōga was getting more and more annoyed by these questions. Still, Hakkaku was worried, as was Ginta.

Before Kōga could snap at him or try to hit him for being dumb Hakkaku plowed on. “I mean, you didn’t even really yell at InuYasha for making Kagome made and leave. In fact, you didn’t really fight with InuYasha at all.”

The two never got along, the smell of dog giving Kōga a headache as it was but InuYasha receiving Kagome’s affections had also driving Kōga up a wall. Now it barely seemed to faze him. The sudden change was jarring and concerning.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 12:55 pm

Ilana strode up to the foul tempered horse carefully. She watched his temperament, shown through how he pinned his ears back briefly before they shot forward again, listening to some distant sound. 

Carefully, she ran her hand down the side of his neck. He was a strong horse, healthy looking. She lifted his gums, checking his teeth for age and damage. 

"About sixteen years old, right?" she asked Garret, before further expecting the horse. She rubbed his legs carefully, looking for any previous injuries or strains, "He doesn't seem to have any problems with his legs. That's good. How does he walk? I'd assume well enough if he's traveled far distances. Hooves need a little trimming up but that can be dealt with in time."

Balthos snorted, tossing his head a little as if annoyed. Ilana patted the horses snout, hoping to calm him down. Over time, she was sure she could calm the large horse down.

"He's built to work. You've obviously picked the right horse to do it," she brought up, patting his side, "Pretty one too. Though I suppose most people aren't looking for pretty to be a factor. Back home, he'd be fit as a competitive horse."

She felt comfortable with something she knew so well. This was the first time in the passed few days she was actually content and settled. Now she merely hoped Balthos would get along with her. If that was the case, she'd be more than happy.

----| |x| |----

Kōga walked a away feeling a little more glum than usual. He figured after she was left, he could shake these feelings. Instead, they simply left him feeling weighty. Trying to push them back did him little good.

It wasn't a few short minutes after did Hakkaku speak up. Neither of them missed his behavior. That much had become obvious now. He heaved a sigh, trying to resist the urge to snap.

Kōga didn't even get the chance to speak up before Ginta butted in as well. He blinked, taken aback by this behavior.

"Hey, that's right! You both were acting strange since you got injured! Ever since then, you two barely even spoke! We're not blind, you know!" 

Kōga blinked, surprised to be ganged up on in this manner. Both Hakkaku and Ginta were rather timid types. This wasn't often like them. In some regard, he knew it really wasn't like himself to be acting the way he was either.

"I..." he started awkwardly. He rubbed the back of his neck, unsure of what to say, "Look, it was stupid, okay? We almost kissed, that was it! It was a stupid mistake and I'd rather be buried of it, okay?"

Somehow, he knew it wouldn't be that easy. It was apparent they had something in mind, awkward as it might have made him feel. His feelings shouldn't have been the issue though. Sachiko did need to return to her country. That's where she belonged.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next