AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
For full viewing of Assassin's Den, you must be a member of the site!

If you wish to see what we have to provide, please join up for full access! Upon joining, you will have access to:

-Fan Fiction
-Original Stories
-Discussions
-Rants and Reviews
-Role Playing
-Chat and Random Topics

Thank you!
AssassinsDen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, roleplayers, and artists alike!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RulesRules  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Weekly Prompt
This week's prompt is:
Gently Entangled

Next prompt set up for 6/24.

Latest topics
» TW Forums|new forum
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm by Salya

» 2020 Madness & Knight
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm by NavyReservist

» Pointless Blabber Again! ver. 4
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm by Snowball King

» > 'Cause When I'm With You <
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm by Mystery

» Secret Santa 2016?
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am by Salya

» †The Doorway to the Darkness†
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am by Salya

» Knight's Updates!
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 am by Okami Yammi

» Little Bird's Shop
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am by Salya

» Bed, Wed, Behead
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 pm by NavyReservist

» Folder Submissions
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am by Snowball King

» All of the Complaining
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 am by Okami Yammi

» Once Upon A Time OC (Yurenxtsubaki78)
[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 pm by NavyReservist

Points of Interest

Den Staff

[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PokéPartner : [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Grenin10

[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 8:11 pm

Ilana's gaze wandered often, picking up on things she'd never seen before. Conversations reached her ears though, she couldn't really figure out what they were speaking of. All of this was very odd for her.

She cleared her throat, shaking her head after he spoke up. News didn't travel fast so many the murders in Salem hadn't been heard of yet. Ilana didn't mention it however.

"Not where I'm from," she discerned after a moment.

That was all that she could really give. There would be a lot of information she would have to tread carefully on. She didn't want to be responsible for some butterfly effect.

Garret was blunt about how long they would be within this place. She didn't arguing against it. By all means, she was simply following him. Whatever business he had here, she'd wait until it was done.

"So I'll be back at the inn for a while, I assume," she guessed. She didn't feel too great about being in the stuffy room. Then again, she had little way to argue over it either.

----| |x| |----

Kōga placed his hands behind his head. Her answer hadn't been much of one. Then again, Kōga was beginning to see she kept most of her personal life to herself. That could have easily been the lack of closeness between them all however.

Trying not to put too much stock into the thought, he instead listened to the dwindling conversation. Everything she said was a bit masked. Kōga could only really hum in response.

"That doesn't paint a large picture," he pointed out, "You make it sound like you don't want to go back."

He could feel Ginta's gaze in the back of his head. Maybe his friends thought that he was making mentions too far. For all he knew, they were right. Kōga didn't have many boundaries.

"Well, you could always start off small," Ginta pointed out instead. Kōga appreciated that.

"It's not like we bite or anything," Kōga further added, "But if you don't trust us, I guess I understand."

With that said, he focused on picking up any scent in the air. If she had any chance of going home at all, it would be with Kagome. They just needed to find her or that half breed first. Kōga just hoped there was no trouble along the way.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PokéPartner : [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 509

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 2:05 pm

Ilana had grown quiet for a long while. Whether she realized this or not was beyond Garret’s best guess though it did let him on to things she otherwise didn’t say. Her pause told him that somewhere, at some point in time, she was aware of executions or maybe even witnessed one or two. The latter was disproved when she spoke though she still sounded wary.

“All is well then,” Garret said anyways. There wasn’t any need to pry for why she’d hesitated.

The conversation changed before he could ask her anything more. He indulged in this, aware that this might make her more comfortable. Surely she was still adjusting. There way she moved was still tense, perhaps half-afraid that someone might start accusing her of witchcraft yet again and taking more drastic measures than throwing a thing or two at her.

Garret reached out, patting her shoulder in a manner he hoped might be reassuring. She looked like she needed a bit of it. Still, it might not have any effect given he was a stranger to her and one with a rather intimidating height to him.

“Not for the time being,” he answered. “While you might need to wait while I deal with a few odds and ends we won’t return to the inn until evening.”

Perhaps she just did not wish to sit still either. Garret was well aware that it was easy to get lost in thought that way. Ilana could very well be trying to avoid her worries for the time being. If it helped to wander like this then so be it.

----[x]----

There was a brief moment that passed in silence, the sounds of birds calling and leaves rustling in the wind the only thing Sachiko heard in that time. From the looks of it Sachiko guessed that Ginta and Hakkaku were waiting for Kōga to say something. It was a thing she’d noticed over the past week; there were many times when the two would defer to Kōga’s judgment or see what he had to say before doing anything else.

It must have been obvious that she was keeping things to herself if Kōga picked up on the lack of details. Sachiko resisted shaking her head at that. Kōga might not have been looking at her but Ginta and Hakkaku might pick up on her thoughts. She hated to admit it, but there was some truth to Kōga’s words. What did she have to go back to?

“Do I need to remind you which one acted like a brute at the start?” she said finally, unwilling to explain anything if she didn’t have to.

She caught Hakkaku glancing at her, a look that might have been a mix between confusion and concern on his face.
“Hey, c’mon, at least he hasn’t done anything like that again.”

Sachiko didn’t say anything to that, as true as it was. While he was quite pushy at times, Kōga hadn’t done anything like throwing her over his shoulder again. Instead of paying much mind to any other conversation Sachiko grew lost in thought yet again. The same worries plagued her mind, refusing to be battered away for long.

If Kōga, Ginta or Hakkaku grew annoyed that she didn’t hear—or rather notice—any attempts to draw her back into a conversation they didn’t do anything too drastic to try to change that. Instead she walked along after them in silence, her gaze drifting to the ground and a frown on her lips.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 7:17 pm

Ilana found relief in the lack of prying from him. Someone like her, from another era entirely, could easily be bombarded with questions. Garret at least showed some hesitance and respect on her fears about speaking of such things.

"Well as it can be," she answered. There was no way she could stop major points in history. She'd be afraid of the result.

She tried not to fidget as they walked. Part of her was still rather wary, even if she wore clothing similar to the people here. If someone caught sight of her odd colored hair, unnatural as it was, that would be all it took.

His hand clapped around her shoulder once more. Ilana took an odd comfort in it. He towered over her and many others. Size did quite a bit to intimidate others.

"I'm a little grateful to know that," she told him, "I don't think I could stay still too much even if I wanted to."

The fact of the matter was she had many worries floating about in her head. It wasn't so easy to rid her mind of those thoughts. Over time, she simply hoped to adjust.

"Might I ask what you're tending to?" she braved the question, wondering if she'd get any clear answer in return.

----| |x| |----

Kōga snorted in response to her snappish words. She wasn't going to let that go even if he begged her to. It was almost as if she was holding it above his head for the fun of it. Kōga tried not to put too much stock into it.

He was glad that Hakkaku put an end to whatever argument that could crop up quickly. He didn't want to get into another spat about that. Kōga had given his reasons for it, after all.

The conversation more or less died out after that. No one tried to pry into what Sachiko might be thinking. For all intents and purposes, she seemed to like her space. Maybe he was trying to invade it a little too much.

For a while, he simply put it behind him. There was no need to ponder on it too much. He had to stay focused on the task ahead.

The rest of the day was spent in this fashion. Days would pass before Kōga really picked up on anything. It was an annoyance that they had to go this far out too.

"Damn half breed," he muttered, "Keep an eye out guys, there's something else around here too. I'd rather not have to deal with another demon if we don't have to."

Hakkaku and Ginta would no doubt remain alert, especially so with Sachiko nearby. There was no sense in letting her get hurt again.

"We're already on it," Ginta informed. He had spared a glance Sachiko's way, "If anything comes up, just stay behind us. You'll be fine."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 12:10 am

Garret didn’t bother to pry into Ilana’s answer. If she wished to impart that sort of knowledge to him than she would, it was as simple as that. Unless Garret felt that she was hiding something that he must know immediately he would not push her to share. For the moment it might be best this way, left in the dark to what knowledge she might hold of the future.

Ilana stuck close to him, glancing about even now. He would not urge her to stray away when she was clearly feeling vulnerable. For the time being the most he could do was keep an eye on her and make sure no trouble arose.

“I imagine it would be quite frustrating.” It was an honest admission. Garret found himself dwelling on things he’d rather not when left to his own devices with nothing to do; he could imagine it might be the same for her.

There were only a few steps further before Ilana was inquiring about his business. Another moment passed while Garret debated on what to tell her. Too much information might have her distrustful of him. He’d rather not cause a fuss if it could be avoided.

Finally, Garret said, “I have need of some information.” It was the most he could impart for the moment.

----[x]----

The days passed as they had, nothing new happening. They walked and Sachiko followed, and occasionally there was conversation. Most times it seemed that Kōga was the one trying to pull her to join in the talk though Sachiko wasn’t sure if that really was the case. She might’ve just been thinking that because of his pushy nature.

Sachiko wasn’t sure if another week or so had passed or not. The days blurred together, her legs and feet aching after some time. At the very least her wound was healing, less sore when she moved than it originally had been. Everyone seemed happy about that, glad that things seemed to be looking up since Sachiko had ‘arrived’.

Kōga’s griping drew her from her thoughts that day, blinking up at the back of his head. It was easy to tell how aggravated he was just by the tone of his voice but his tail bristled a little, adding to it. Sachiko had to wonder what was so wrong with this ‘half breed’ he was growling about now but it was a short thought before more worrisome ones replaced it.

“Another demon?” she echoed, her heart thumping harder against her ribs. It had been hard enough getting used to these three after learning what they were. Sachiko hated to admit it but fear ran through her veins like ice, her hands trembling a little.

She blinked, glancing at Ginta as he spoke up, reassuring her that she would be safe. Hakkaku was just as quick to speak up on the matter, grinning at her. They all seemed to be ready to fight if they had to, at least that was the impression that Sachiko got.

”It’s probably not a strong one. It’ll be fine!”

”Oh, uh… if you say so,” Sachiko muttered.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 1:52 pm

Ilana tried to keep pace with him. He had a long stride and at least slowed down for her. That much, she was grateful for. More or less, she didn't want to stray too far from his side.

She could only nod in agreement to his words. Sitting about, especially so when she felt so vulnerable, would do her little good. It would give her too much time to dwell on her thoughts.

Those thoughts didn't get too far. Garret parted with what he was doing but not much more than that. Whatever information he was looking for, she could really only assume.

"I see," she replied after a long moment, "Should I just hang back then or...what?"

If Garret wasn't parting with too much information, she didn't mind hanging back. All things considered, this was all his business. If it was better she didn't hear anything, she would stay back and not pry.

"If that's convenient and all, I mean," she elaborated after a moment.

----| |x| |----

The days had passed rather slowly for Kōga. Most days, he and his friends would be running about, doing something more. They needed to take care of something urgent now, even if it was out of the way.

He didn't so much mind it as days went on. Sachiko didn't say too much but at least she spoke. He couldn't read her mind. Whatever she felt was kept with her for the time being.

When he spoke of another demon, she seemed a little curious of it. Who knew if there was any amount of fear there however. Kōga could really only assume.

"Yea, there's one poking around," he confirmed, glancing down at her, "As long as it doesn't catch our scent or spots us, we should be alright."

Kōga didn't want to deal with any angry demon if they could help it. Sachiko was just a human. She couldn't do much to defend herself here. Protecting her might be difficult as well.

"Kōga can take care of it," Ginta added after a moment, "There aren't many demons that can take Kōga  out."

Kōga snorted but didn't deny it either. Ginta and Hakkaku knew that he could handle quite a bit. If something happened, he would do his best to protect them all.

"That's right," he boosted, "So no doubting me!"
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 7:09 pm

At the very least things were quiet. Ilana was taking things in, still watching those around her. Perhaps this was best; she would be alert if someone managed to steal a look at her blue hair. She was still taking, however, and that was a relief. Garret wasn’t familiar with how she might otherwise deal with her situation, not knowing what kind of person she was yet.

He nodded, mostly as a show that he’d heard Ilana. “We will see. I need to see to several people if I am able,” Garret admitted.

This wasn’t entirely true. Some he merely had to tail though Ilana did not need those details. She could very well follow on those occasions; Garret could merely lie and say that they did not find the people he was looking for at that time. It really depended on the situations of course.

He gestured ahead of them as he spoke again. “It will be some time until anything is decided. I have yet to find who I need to speak to.”

The city was quite big, one of the few in the colonized areas. Garret would be surprised if the first target he needed to talk to was found quickly. For the time being he could speak to Ilana, perhaps keep her from fretting about her situation. It seemed like the best plan.

“For the time being there is no rush,” he said. “Perhaps you might be more comfortable merely talking?”

----[x]----

Kōga sounded quite sure that there was some demon nearby though what it looked like or who it was he didn’t say. Sachiko had to wonder though, was it monstrous like that one she’d glimpsed only a silhouette of in the darkness or was it more human-looking like the three she traveled with? None of them seemed very concerned about it though. The only thing they seemed worried about was Sachiko staying out of the way if it found them.

Sachiko couldn’t be sure about Ginta and Hakkaku’s faith in Kōga’s ability to fight off whatever it was though Kōga seemed to brighten at the praise. He was just as quick to declare that she shouldn’t go doubting him too. She furrowed her brow momentarily, debating on what to so.

“Well, it’s not like I know what you’re capable of,” she relented finally.

It had grown quiet then, perhaps so that the three could better focus. They probably didn’t want to get caught off guard as they walked if this unknown demon found them. Sachiko couldn’t blame them for that; her scar was enough of a reminder as to what could happen when that happened. As if in time with her thoughts, Sachiko could swear her side ached momentarily—a reminder of the wound that had healed just days ago.

Sachiko found she was not drawn into her thoughts as easily as before. It was a time to be alert, memories all too fresh to allow for a more lax attitude.

However long passed in this manner, Sachiko couldn’t say. The woods around them were pretty thick and could hide all sorts of things. Sachiko didn’t have the kind of enhanced sense of hearing or smell that Kōga and his friends had but the three of them didn’t seem to pick up on anything alarming, at least, not for some time.

”Guys, do you hear that?” Hakkaku wondered after awhile, looking away in the trees somewhere.

There wasn’t much time for Ginta or Kōga to answer before something that looked like a large, bipedal boar lumbered through the trees and bushes. His frame was a muscled one, his skin and hair a dull red-brown color. Still, there was something human in him—the way that it had hands instead of hooves or the exposed abdomen and chest muscles.

”Ah! So these are the little rats sniffing ‘round my woods!” Before anything more could be said, it was charging, arms stretched wide to catch them all if it could.

Sachiko jerked away though could do more before Hakkaku and Ginta were shepherding her away, out of danger.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 9:54 pm

Ilana felt she was being rather paranoid but looking about helped. If people weren't eying her oddly, she was at ease. There wasn't too much she could do about it all. For now, she could only wait and see what the results would be.

"That's fine then," she answered him, "I don't want to get in the way or anything."

Really, she just didn't want anyone seeing her, so out of the ordinary. The walk would do her good but one slip up could expose her again.

Whatever he had to tend to, it was mostly kept to himself. Ilana would do her best not to pry. It wasn't exactly her place to do so. A great part of her was a little afraid of stepping on toes as well. She didn't exactly do well with aggressive folk.

The suggestion of talking came up. She blinked up at him briefly before shrugging her shoulders in agreement. She wasn't sure where to start on that topic.

"Well...I don't really know what to talk about," she replied honestly. The distance between times put a bit of a crux in the heart of that all, "Unless you've any hobbies to mention."

----| |x| |----

She seemed to be thinking things over about what he had said. Naturally, that would be the case. After all, the only time she'd witnessed a demon was back in her own time. Some of them were worse, Kōga was well aware.

Her statement was a simple one. Kōga did know what was out and about here. He could pick up the scent very easily. Now it was merely making sure they didn't have to deal with the demon.

A scoff left him in response before he said, "You might find out soon."

The scent had gotten stronger, worrying Kōga. Time passed slowly in this manner. When an odd noise was heard, Kōga halted, quickly glancing in the direction the noise had come from.

"Take care of Sachiko," he ordered the two, "Get her away from here."

"We're already on it!" he heard Ginta respond. Not long after that, the demon reared it's ugly head.

"Just passing through," Kōga commented, if a little arrogantly, "You going to make this hard for me?"
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 10:30 pm

Garret was glad that Ilana agreed to go along with his current plan. If she’d been difficult then he wasn’t sure what he’d have done. He couldn’t very well have Ilana fret about what he was by seeing the darker parts of such a job. Assassins had a heavy duty to fulfill, though some found it easier than others to bear that burden.

A change in topic was due by then though Ilana didn’t seem to be able to produce a very strong one. In fact, Garret had to think about an answer before he could reply. Things he did for fun were few and far between nowadays when he was part of the Brotherhood.

“I indulge in my work, in hunting,” Garret clarified finally. It wasn’t necessarily a lie, he was a sharpshooter and he did hunt his targets down. He gestured to her then. “And what hobbies might you have, hmm?”

A part of him was very aware that Ilana might very well conceal her own things from him. He couldn’t imagine what the future might hold in way for people to do after all. Perhaps she would hide it from him even now. ’No matter,’ he decided. ’It’s a small thing to worry about.’

While they spoke, Garret cast an eye about them. He saw no familiar faces yet but that would change eventually. All it would take is a bit of patience. In the meantime, he did have Ilana to pass the time with now. He supposed that was a blessing in some way.

----[x]----

Sachiko suppressed a frustrated shout as Ginta and Hakkaku hurried her away. The boar monster seemed to have its sights set on Kōga, looming over him. Sachiko peered around Hakkaku’s shoulder, barely noticing that both were watching what was happening too.

The boar demon laughed, a rumbling sound, going so far as even to throw its head back as it did so.
”And what’re you plannin’ on doin’, eh?! Little stick like you!” The thing didn’t give much room for response there, lunging out at Kōga and swinging a ham-sized fist at him.

What came next, well, Sachiko couldn’t say what shocked her more.

Kōga had moved at such speeds that he appeared to be nothing more than a blur, if that, though where the boar demon’s fist had landed caused a small crater of sorts. Bits of rock and dirt flew into the air.

“W-What the hell?!” Sachiko exclaimed, her voice hushed despite her surprise.

Hakkaku turned to grin briefly at her though there seemed to be some worry in his face. Sachiko couldn’t be sure about that though because by the time she was looking for it in his eyes he’d turned back to watch the fight. This left an uneasy feeling in Sachiko’s stomach. If Hakkaku looked worried about this fight then was Kōga’s boasting for nothing?

”Kōga’s light on his feet, that thing won’t catch him,” Hakkaku tried to assure her.

Sachiko grew antsy, continuing to peer around the two. Memories of that dark night were heavy on her mind, a reminder that she could do nothing then and it seemed like it was the same here.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 12:14 am

She spared another glance around, watching some woman work on a weaving wheel briefly. Ilana had seen things like that in Amish Country. She'd even worked with one of them when she was young. Seeing them so regularly used here was somewhat odd.

She didn't dwell on it too long. Her gaze wandered back to Garret when he spoke of his hobbies. It was a simple one, at least to mention. Ilana never really learned the art of hunting.

The question was turned to her not a moment later. Somewhat, she didn't mind it. There were one or two things that she could at least mention.

"I draw," she answered, "But mostly, I work with horses."

Ilana was well aware in this era, those animals would be plentiful. She was somewhat antsy to see such a comforting creature. Maybe in time, she would.

"I don't have a fair too many exciting ones," she further explained, "I was always out riding, so often I didn't see the need for many more hobbies."

----| |x| |----

The demon wasn't going to move, much to Kōga's annoyance. Instead, it merely laughed and mocked him. A hard frown tugged at his lips hearing that. He'd just have to show this demon who was stronger.

In a blink of an eye, Kōga rushed forward. There was little time to waste. All he wanted to do was move on and deal with the rest of what was to come later.

With a swift kick, he hit the side of the boar demons head. It stumbled a little, though with it's sheer size managed to recover.

"Come on!" he shouted at the demon, trying to egg the giant beast on, "Is that all you've got?!"

Kōga leapt back several times, keeping a distance between them. If this demon was cocky, he would continue to fight Kōga. That was the hope, at least. For all he knew, the demon might set it's sights elsewhere.

"You talk big but I don't think you can back it up!" he taunted further.

He moved again, rushing the boar demon. The thing was so large, he had doubts that it could manage much. Kōga was confident that this would end rather quickly.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 12:50 am

If she wondered about his ‘hobby’ Ilana didn’t question it. Perhaps it was something she took at face value. If that was the case then so be it, it was better that way.

Garret nodded as she spoke up, showing that he was listening. His gaze was still on those around them for the most part. If someone he knew had information that he needed was around then he didn’t want to miss them. That would only delay their departure out into the frontier and away from those that would declare Ilana a witch.

“Then perhaps you might enjoy Balthos’s company,” Garret told her. Glancing at her briefly proved that she was a bit curious of the name. “My steed. You will meet the horse when we take our leave of this city.”

He did wonder what sorts of things she might draw if given the utensils. Perhaps it was something he would find out in time. For now there wasn’t the means or the time.

For a second he stared intently at one spot. He had caught sight of one of his tails—just a glimpse, but it was enough. Garret steered them in that direction, keeping his pace. The man was still in sight from here, there was no danger of loosing him while he indulged Ilana in conversation.

“You will find he is a moody thing, however,” he warned.

----[x]----

They hadn’t strayed too far from the fight, perhaps so that Ginta and Hakkaku could keep an eye on how things went. They didn’t seem very tough though they stood fast, listening to what Kōga had told them. Sachiko wasn’t bothered by this too much, she’d rather keep an eye on that beast than to have it out of her sight.

Kōga’s goading didn’t do much to faze that red beast though. In fact it only looked more amused despite the fact that it hadn’t been able to lay a finger on Kōga. Dread filled Sachiko’s stomach, weighing there like a boulder. If it was this at ease then what was it able to do?

She didn’t have to wait long to find out.

As she watched, Kōga rushed forward, barely a blur to her eyes. The boar beast opened its mouth, flames licking along his snout as he breathed out fire. A startled and pained shout from Kōga filled the air, causing Sachiko’s heart to lurch. She barely heard what Ginta and Hakkaku were shouting before she was reacting, her mind in a whirl.

”H-Hey, Sachiko!” Hakkaku yelled, reaching for her as she darted past the two of them.

The thing was taunting her, what might’ve been a grin on its face. Sachiko didn’t listen, was aware of the shouts from the other three but not hearing them. Instead, Sachiko focused on being able to do something, anything at all, that would be helpful to the situation. Sachiko couldn’t handle seeing a monster like this take someone that she knew again.

Sachiko wasn’t sure why there seemed to be a more weightless feeling to her a second later, her eyes squeezed shut in preparation for the flames that beast had been ready to spit at her this time. The feeling of fire burning at her arms never came. Instead—

”W-What…? What did you do to me, you stupid bitch?!”

“H… huh?” Sachiko braved a peek, glancing around and wondering what had changed.

The demon no longer towered over her and she could hear Hakkaku saying something to Ginta or Kōga though she wasn’t sure what. The beast that had breathed fire was now barely a foot tall, the embers that sparked from its mouth no longer very threatening. In fact, it looked almost comical.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 3:47 pm

He listened carefully to what she had to say. If anything, that gave her a little more incentive to talk. Mostly, she simply wanted to avoid worrying about her own thoughts.

When he spoke up about having his own horse, she brightened a little bit. That was nice to know. At least she'd have some form of comfort to go to if she needed it.

"Well that's nice to know," she replied, sparing a small smile, "I look forward to meeting him."

If there was only one, she assumed that this was his means of travel. He might use the horse to carry equipment as well, for all she knew. As long as he was well taken care of, Ilana saw no reason to complain. She would see in time, however.

Garret was quiet for a few beats, seeming to look for someone. Ilana didn't question who he was trying to pick out. It wasn't her place to.

Finally, he mentioned the horses temper. She shook her head in response before she said, "That's alright. I like the foul tempered ones. They've always had a bit more personality than others."

----| |x| |----

Kōga had been confident in this fight, as he always was. In a sense, that might have been a stupid move for him. Rushing in like he did, he knew that mistakes could be made. He just wanted to finish this all quickly.

Before he could react to the worst, flames licked at him. He cried out, the pain searing into his skin. Kōga hit the ground, unbalanced by the attack. He lay there, clutching at the burns up his arm as if that would help.

The boar stood over him. He glared at the demon, well aware of how helpless he was now. He struggled to push himself back when he heard Hakkaku shout.

Eyes widened, he opened his mouth to shout at Sachiko. She could do anything against this demon! Yet here she was, standing in front of him as if she could. Kōga couldn't have that blood on his hands. He didn't want to fail.

Surprise shot through him when a light started to glow. He screwed his eyes shut, shielding the strange light with his good arm. When he opened them again, the boar was shouting at Sachiko but it's voice was much softer.

When Kōga opened his eyes to inspect what happened, he was surprised to find the large boar demon had shrunk, resembling more of a puppy than anything else.

"What in the hell just happened?" he questioned as if anyone could give an answer. Kōga caught sight of Ginta and Hakkaku rushing toward them.

"I don't think it really matters right now," Ginta expressed, "We need to find cover and get you patched up quick!"
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 8:07 pm

At the very mention that he owned a horse Ilana’s expression seemed to brighten immediately. She was smiling for the first time since Garret had found her and she looked quiet eager already. It wouldn’t be until the morning did she actually meet Balthos, however, assuming all went according to Garret’s plans. This didn’t seem to deter her newly found good mood.

“Then you might just be able to handle yourself well with Balthos,” he answered, only after Ilana explained her like for more foul-tempered steeds. It was a strange thing to look forward to but if it kept her happy who was he to judge?

He kept his gaze forward now, keeping tracking of that man. He wasn’t easy to keep in sight, smaller than most men. Still, if Garret had any chance of finding the trail he needed, this Robert was the start of it all; he had no choice but to keep Robert in sight.

“You will not doubt have your hands full, at the very least,” Garret said, well aware of how stubborn Balthos was.

Robert turned a corner ahead of them and Garret led them towards it, ignoring any curious looks he received from Ilana as he did. If she asked then Garret would answer vaguely. There were still several people down this way, after all, there was no way she’d be able to guess that they were following someone closely.

----[x]----

Sachiko could only blink down at the tiny demon as it stomped around, snorting small embers from its nostrils. It looked so much less dangerous now than a moment ago. There was no way that Sachiko could explain what had happened or why a strange, rather lightening feeling had washed over her moments ago. She felt almost as if she’d found a part of herself that she hadn’t even known was missing.

Ginta, Hakkaku and Kōga were shouting, urging for answers or for movement. The boar demon seemed more inclined to try to breath more fire and find a fix even as Sachiko reached out to nudge him away with her foot. The embers barely stung at her toes in the demon’s newly small state.

”We can think about it later, okay?” Hakkaku urged, grabbing at Sachiko’s elbow and trying to get her to come along quicker.

“Uh, yeah… right!” With that she turned to help Ginta get Kōga to his feet.

One of Kōga’s arms was burned badly, the fur he wore around it singed. It had to have been painful though he was already moving, looking both confused and in pain. The smell of burnt flesh was stuck in Sachiko’s nose, making her stomach knot up a little.

“Where to?” Sachiko asked, a hand on Kōga’s shoulder. Perhaps she did this to reassure him or maybe it was to make sure he was actually here; Sachiko couldn’t say for sure.

”Do we know of any places in the area we can hide at for now?” Hakkaku wondered, glancing at Kōga as he did.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 9:17 pm

If Garret noticed her lift in mood he didn't mention it. Ilana didn't need much to make her happy. By all means, being around the animal might help her cope with all of this change.

"I've handled my share of foul tempered stallions," she explained, "I'll be alright."

For a long moment, he was quiet again. Garret seemed to be scanning the crowd. If he was looking for someone specific, Ilana couldn't see them. She had to wonder why he was trying to pick people out of the crowd as well.

His words were brief ones once more. Perhaps he was a man of few words or maybe he was concentrating. Ilana didn't know him well enough to be sure.

"I'd rather have my hands full than not at all," she reasoned, "It'll give me something to concentrate on."

That would keep her thoughts at bay. More and more, she wanted that. She just hoped to manage sleep overnight and get a move on the next day. Wherever they would end up however, was a mystery.

----| |x| |----

Kōga steadily got to his feet, ignoring the pain that shot through him. His legs burned, seared by the flames that had licked at him. The pain wouldn't subside for a long time, he was well aware.

He gritted his teeth, sucking in a painful breath. Kōga clutched at his arm, well aware that the act didn't do much to help him. Ginta helped steady him a little, looking worried.

"I'm fine," he tried to reassure, "A little burn isn't going to stop me."

Everyone was eager to start off, get somewhere safe. Questions turned to Kōga not a moment after. They were looking to him to find a safe place. Eventually, he nodded in response.

"There's a place around here, I think," he mentioned as he started walking up. Ever step was like agony. He did his best to ignore it, "We can duck there for a while..."

"Kōga, are you sure you're alright to walk?" Ginta inquired.

Kōga merely waved off his worries, continuing forward. When he had time to rest, he would be better. It was just getting there as quickly as possible.

"I'm fine," he repeated, "Don't worry about it."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 9:57 pm

”Hmm, I will take your word for that,” Garret answered with an accompanying nod. It wasn’t like he was familiar with any work Ilana had done in the past with animals.

When she carried on to mention that she preferred having work Garret nodded once more. At the very least she would want to do things rather than sitting around and brooding. It left a bit of weight from his shoulders.

“If that is the case than Balthos will give you plenty to do while we travel,” he informed her.

Robert was up ahead, stopping to chat with a man briefly before carrying on. Nothing had exchanged hands, a relief to Garret. He wasn’t sure how he’d manage to pick someone’s pocket without Ilana saying something. Explaining the story to her now wasn’t a good idea when she was still so worried and out of place.

He followed after, not breaking his stride. Robert had yet to suspect anything, to check over his shoulder or to spot him. That was a relief, chasing him would bring up many questions from Ilana, he was aware.

“What, if I might ask, has attracted you to work with horses?”

----[x]----

Having nudged the boar demon away it had created a bit of distance, a distance that its small legs couldn’t seem to cover quickly. Its shouts were soon quieted in a matter of several steps, their strides long despite Kōga’s burns. They didn’t have much on them, no medicinal herbs or salves to treat wounds with—anything the three needed they hunted and scrounged for. This worried Sachiko.

“How far is it?” Sachiko wondered, hoping that it wouldn’t be too much farther. Kōga was having trouble as it was.

After she got her answer the group had lapsed into silence. They important thing was keeping that boar monster out of their sight, not knowing if it would revert back to its original size at all or not. Once they were in a relatively safe space then Sachiko could begin to check Kōga’s wounds over while Ginta and Hakkaku found what they might need.

It took some time but eventually they did find the place that Kōga had mentioned and directed them towards. Sachiko was relieved about this, Kōga’s wounds needed tending to as it was.

”Kōga, we’ll be quick and get things to help!” Hakkaku called out, heading further into the woods with Ginta. Neither moved nearly as quickly as Kōga had in that brief fight—could they even move that fast? Sachiko shook the thought away.

“Let me see,” Sachiko said, sitting beside Kōga and gesturing for his arm first. His legs looked worse for wear and she couldn’t say how long demons might take to heal.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 11:49 pm

Ilana could only spare a small smile in response. At least in some sense, that was a bit of trust. In time, she could show what she knew. She'd probably give more information on the animals than he realized. Modern technology had given better ways to take care of animals.

The mention that the horse would give her plenty to do left her a little lighter. That would distract her thoughts quite nicely. She didn't care to get all broody if she could help it.

"Where will we go after this?" she inquired after a brief moment.

He hadn't really explained that much. He'd simply mentioned that they would be traveling and nothing more. There was quite an air of secrecy about it all.

She glanced around as they walked. Whatever Garret was up to, she could only observe. In time, she might ask again. Maybe waiting would result in answers. Those thoughts were broken however when Garret asked what originally inspired her to work with horses.

She offered a slight shrug in response. "My family was pretty poor," she explained, "And I'd always wanted a horse but we couldn't afford the land or the animal, so I opted to working as a stable hand for anyone who would take me."

It was a simple explanation but a true one. Life was hard but Ilana enjoyed the company of those animals. She'd have given up most anything just to stay around them.

----| |x| |----

Kōga was glad just to be off his feet after the long walk. Minutes felt like hours as they traveled. He tried his best not to let that show. They were all worried enough for him.

He heaved a heavy sigh as he sat down. His tail twitched on occasion but nothing more. Every little movement sent pain running through him.

Hakkaku's words reached his ears. Ginta was following his friend, looking in a rush himself. The two of them were no doubt going to try and be quick. That left him and Sachiko here on their own.

"Be careful!" he called out as they left. A shake of his head afterward. They could take care of themselves or at least, he hoped they could.

His blinked up at Sachiko when she spoke up. Tentatively, he held out his arm. The little movement shot pain up it again. He sucked in a deep breath, screwing his eyes shut briefly.

"It's not that bad," he tried to convince, "It'll just take some time to heal."

Despite his words, Sachiko didn't look convinced. She most likely saw otherwise in him. Kōga sighed at that. It wasn't as if he was doing his best to keep his pain hidden, after all.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 12:24 am

Garret hummed, not answering right away. Robert was glancing this way and that, looking like he couldn’t decide which way he should go. It wasn’t until the man headed right did Garret answer Ilana.

“It depends,” he said. “There is someone who enjoys moving to and fro. I need to find where he’s settled at first.”

This would be part of his mission here. The man in question that Garret needed to see had gone into hiding because of the target Garret would take care of tonight. With the latter gone the former would be easier to coax out and talk to. It would be then that Ilana could learn a thing or two about the brotherhood.

He changed the topic then, asking about her fondness for horses. It didn’t take but a moment before she launched into her answer. It was a lengthy one for sure, the longest Garret had heard her talk yet.

“I see… At the very least it is something you seem to enjoy deeply,” Garret answered.

Considering she had experience it would at least making traveling easier. Perhaps there would be no worries about his steed getting too out of hand with another experienced hand around. It was a hope, at least. That thought was pushed to the back of his mind for now.

----[x]----

Kōga’s movements looked to be made rather gingerly, no doubt due to the burns. The smell of it was still stuck in her nose, a scent she had no fondness for and wished would go away quickly. There was no such like in that however.

When Sachiko asked to see his arm it looked like the small movement involved in that had caused him a deal of pain. Her brow furrowed, unsure of what she could do for it right now. Any kind of burn ointments she might have used before all of this were no longer at her disposal and just wrapping a bunch of bandages around it didn’t seem ideal without something for it.

“Time, huh?” she echoed in disbelief. Sachiko gently took his arm in her hands, careful to avoid the injury.

She moved to sit at his side, gingerly tugging off the furry arm warmer he wore. The fur was singed there but had otherwise left his skin untouched beneath it. That was something of a relief though that didn’t change the fact that he’d still taken some heavy damage.

“Do we have any water?” she wondered, glancing around as if that would produce any. Soaking the burns would help before they needed to clean it after all. “These need cleaned.”

Kōga didn’t seem to enjoy the thought though it was unavoidable. However quickly a demon may or may not heal didn’t matter, it would still need tending to until that happened. At least, that’s how Sachiko saw things.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 2:07 pm

He didn't answer her right away. Ilana didn't press him to either. She merely waited patient, glancing this way and that for something to see. This era was fascinating though she still worried a tad.

When he did answer, she nodded. It sounded as if they would be traveling quite a bit. If that was the case, she would have to prepare for moving to and fro often.

She spared a quick glance toward the man that had walked away again. Ilana had to wonder why Garret was tailing him. She tried not to let it bother her.

He spoke up again about her interest in horses. If anything, she found herself in the right place to be able to handle them. If she had no knowledge at all, she'd be hurting at this point.

"It is," she answered him, "If anything, I'm glad that I'm able to practice it all here too."

That was a stroke of luck really. If she'd been thrust in some other place, who knew what she could have done. Hobbies here would be drastically different than hobbies at home. At least she had something here that was familiar to her.

----| |x| |----

Kōga tried not to flinch when she took his arm into her hands. It was a difficult feat however. He found even the smallest touch irritated the burn. He shifted, trying to ignore the pain.

Whatever she was trying to do, he could only wait and see. Much like Kagome, she seemed to have knowledge on this kind of thing. Whatever modern times brought to her, he could really only assume.

He blinked when she asked for water. He nodded toward one of the packs that they carried. There were flasks of it, used throughout the days.

"I think there's still some," he answered her, "There might not be much."

If it eased any pain for a short time, he figured it would be fine. There was always time to find another river to get water from. He would merely have to rely on Ginta and Hakkaku more often.

"You seem to know what you're doing," he pointed out, I'll leave you to it."

In some sense, he trusted Sachiko with this kind of thing. Kagome had known a lot of about injuries as well and how to treat them. He would extend that trust into Sachiko, well aware that she might know quite a bit as well.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 3:35 pm

The conversation had been a simple one though Ilana had brightened considerably. In a way this pleased Garret and made things easier for him. He’d been rather worried about the thought that she might grow restless and difficult over time if she remained in a sour mood. For the most part there was an effort being extended on both sides and he was grateful for it.

The tailing of Robert had ended soon after however, the man dropping off a package at one of the larger estates in this city. It wasn’t very conspicuous about it at least let Garret know where his target lived nowadays. It wasn’t a large building but he’d be able to find it again tonight under cover of shadow.

For the time being he’d led them about the city idly, keeping an eye out for anyone else he might need to take care of on short notice. It didn’t always happen and usually he didn’t act in such a rash manner as this but he now had Ilana to think about as well. He could not let her true identity—so to speak—get out to the Templars.

It wasn’t until evening did they head back to the inn, just as he’d promised. It would do some good to get a meal and make sure Ilana was comfortable before he saw to his mission.

“I take it you’ve had a bit of a chance to clear your head a bit today?” Garret wondered, glancing at her as they entered the building. She certainly seemed in better spirits.

----[x]----

Sachiko glanced towards the small packs that Ginta and Hakkaku had left behind. They didn’t seem to carry much, able to sniff out much for what they needed anyways. Still, having water on hand was always a must.

Despite Kōga being unsure if there was much Sachiko still moved to go get it, digging through the first pack for the flask. It was easy enough to find though Kōga still managed to strike up a conversation in that time. It was her turn to blink at him, debating on what to say for a second or two. Finally, she shook her head and moved back to his side.

“My mother used to hurt herself a lot,” Sachiko explained simply, keeping her eyes on his injury. It was still painful to think about, her stomach twisting into knots. All the same, it felt necessary to mention, if only to say she had some experience with tending to wounds.

Sachiko didn’t think too hard about it, instead choosing to focus on the here and now. She’d had plenty of time to think about her parents at night as it was. Instead she tore off a section of her shirt to use as a rag. It was an old shirt, worn thin over the years. It might not have been ideal cloth to use to clean a wound but it was all they had at the moment.

Only once she’d drenched the torn cloth did she glance at Kōga again. “This is gonna hurt,” she warned.

It was only when Kōga nodded, did she take to cleaning his arm first. He was lucky it wasn’t his whole arm that had been burned though she didn’t mention that. No doubt he wasn’t feeling too lucky. She gingerly dabbed at the burn, trying to be gentle at the very least despite knowing it would do little good despite her efforts.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 9:49 pm

The day had gone by seemingly rather quickly after that. Conversation wasn't much but Ilana focused on the things around her. She wanted to take as much in as she possibly could.

When evening rolled around, they returned to the inn. Ilana was glad that no one seemed to catch sight of her odd color of hair. They would have had quite a few problems otherwise.

Returning to their room, Ilana sat down at the edge of the bed. She tugged off her shoes. Her feet ached though she tried to ignore the pain. There was a lot that she'd have to get used to here.

Garret spoke up again, an odd sound after so much silence. She spared him a nod in answer. A little smile graced her lips but nothing more.

"I did a little bit," she answered him, "It's better than nothing at all."

It would be a long while before things were considered the 'norm' for her. She figured she was taking a step in the right direction.

"I'll be fine," she reassured, "It'll just take some time."

----| |x| |----

Kōga sat back, trying to relax a little. It was difficult for him to do. The pain was rather great. Ever little movement shot a new pain through his body. He heaved a sigh, unable to ignore it too much.

She got up and started rummaging through the pack. It wouldn't take her long to find the water pouch. Kōga waited patiently, observing her for a moment.

When she mentioned her mother hurting herself quite a bit, he was at a loss for what to say. What kind of mother would hurt herself, especially when a child was around?

"Why would she do that?" he inquired carefully. He wasn't even sure he'd get an answer.

While he waited on her to speak more, she had sat back down beside him. He sucked in a breath, well aware that the pain would be more prominent when the cloth hit his wound.

"It will be alright," he reassured with a slight grin, "I've taken worse."

Despite this, as she dabbed the cool cloth against his burned skin, he flinched. A pained breath left him a moment afterward. He could feel his arm tremble despite his best efforts.

"Don't worry about it," he urged, "Just...keep going."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 10:26 pm

Garret nodded, glad to hear that the day out had done her some good. He hoped that it would remain that way through the night. It wasn’t like he could be here when he had a target to dispatch in an hour or two. In the meantime spending a bit more time with Ilana might be good too.

“I am glad to hear it,” he admitted.

Heading up the steps Garret glanced back only momentarily to make sure Ilana was following. It wasn’t necessary though he still made sure to do so just in case. He’d be sure to fetch something to eat again soon as well.

Once he reached the door of his room he allowed Ilana inside first, holding the door open for her. She seemed to appreciate this if he had to say, the smile he received a welcomed thing. He returned it though his might have been smaller than hers. Garret wasn’t one who usually took to smiling or grinning nowadays.

“I have a meeting with someone in an hour or so and if all goes well then we will be leaving the city in the morning,” Garret informed her. It would at least explain his absence later and he wouldn’t need to sneak away.

He reached up to take his hat off for the time being, setting it on the nearest table. Only then did he seat himself, glad to take a load off. He sometimes forgot how great it felt just to sit back like this, especially after a long day of walking about.

----[x]----

For several seconds Sachiko didn’t answer the question. Instead she focused on cleaning the first burn as best she could, careful not to agitate any blisters that hadn’t popped. She could feel Kōga’s arm shake in her hand though tried not to bring attention to the fact that she knew.

“I think I worded that wrong,” she admitted finally, breaking the silence again. “She didn’t do it on purpose; mostly she was a bit klutzy or she forgot she was doing something—mostly cooking. When she rushed to get back to it she’d end up stubbing her toe or burning herself.”

As she talked Sachiko had to admit that it was something of a relief to share a memory of her now deceased mother. She couldn’t explain the feeling but it helped, lifting some of the weight from her shoulders. A small part of her reasoned that it helped to absently speak of such things while she tended to Kōga’s wounds. Maybe it helped to give him something to focus on too.

Once she was sure she’d cleaned up as much of the wound as she could she gently placed the still sopping rag over it. The water was cool compared to the heat she could feel from the burn. In a way this would help to cool it and give Kōga a breather before the others were cleaned.

“So… how long does it take for wolf boys to heal up?” she wondered, noticeably changing the subject.

She glanced up, meeting Kōga’s gaze with hers. His eyes were quite blue, something she had only noticed in passing before. In a way she was a little jealous about that, her own eyes a boring gray color.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 12:53 am

Ilana tugged off her hat, running a hand through her hair. The weight there was somewhat unfamiliar and she was glad to be rid of the straw hat for a time. She'd never been so eager for her hair to grow out.

She glanced back at him when he spoke up about a meeting. Ilana blinked but nothing more. She wasn't sure what kind of meeting it would be or if he was telling the truth. Ilana had no reason to say otherwise.

"Does it have to do with that man you were following today?" she braved to ask.

Ilana could only assume. She had been watching where they were going on and off. They had tailed that man for quite some time. Why they were however, she couldn't say.

She shifted on the bed, aware that it wasn't nearly as comfortable as her one back home. It was a bed regardless and she wouldn't complain.

"How long will we spend traveling then?" she asked shortly after that.

Ilana was well aware that they'd be on foot or horse back for a long while. Due to that, it could take days to weeks to reach a destination, wherever that was. She hoped to get a few more details out of him if she could.

----| |x| |----

She didn't answer him right away. Kōga wondered if he dug into another deep wound. He didn't intend to really. He found himself merely curious on the idea that anyone might harm themselves as she had claimed.

The conversation didn't seem so important right now. She focused on his injury. Over a little time, the burn numbed with the cool water. He was grateful for that. It was now just tending to his legs.

Eventually, she did answer. What she had to say put him at ease a little more. It wasn't as if her mother was hurting herself on purpose. That was an alarming thought in and of itself.

"Well, at least it wasn't anything worse," he replied, "You worried me there for a second."

When she finished with his arm, he rested it against his lap and tried not to cringe. The burn would clear up soon enough. He merely needed to give it time. Within a few short hours, he wouldn't feel it as badly.

He blinked at her when she asked how long the wound would take to heal. He grinned widely at that. It was always nice to be a demon, knowing his wounds would heal quicker than most others.

"Give it a day or two," he replied, "It'll be cleared up then. Wounds like these don't take too long."

The surprise on her face left him laughing a little. He meant what he said when he told her not to worry. He'd shake this off easily.
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 1:17 am

Ilana didn’t hesitate before asking about Robert. He raised a brow at her, studying her for a second or two. His face gave way to nothing but curiosity. He’d wondered a few times if she’d noticed but she’d said nothing at the time. The woman was in need of due credit, it seemed.

“Nonsense,” he said with a dismissive wave of his hand. “Perhaps you’ve merely mistaken a fellow for another.”

It was possible, after all. In any case it might give Ilana cause to doubt what had been him tailing another. He couldn’t say how paranoid a person she was though. At the very least he would buffer her suspicious for the moment.

The next question was a more normal one for the situation. Garret was grateful for this though he did not allow it to show. He was a man who was well versed in keeping his thoughts and feelings to himself. Ilana would need to know him very intimately before he could be fully red by her. It was just another thing that he was thankful for in this time.

“It will depend on how far a contact of mine has taken to traveling to,” Garret answered honestly. The target he was after tonight had honed in on that location, after all, when he had that knowledge he could properly say how long it would take. For the moment it would just be grasping at straws. “As soon as I know you will know, I promise.”

----[x]----

Sachiko had spared a brief glance up at Kōga through her bangs when he mentioned being worried. It was strange to hear from him though she wasn’t sure why. He was upfront about what he felt and thought after all, this was no different, at least, Sachiko didn’t think so. She pushed the thought from her mind for the time being, focusing on her work.

Kōga didn’t seem to mind the change in conversation. In fact, he grinned at her widely, looking quite pleased about the answer before he even gave it. Sachiko blinked at him, unsure if that was a truthful answer or not for a second. The surprise on her face must have been a sight to see for he was quick to laugh too.

“Lucky jerk,” she scoffed lightly. Sachiko would have swatted at his arm if he weren’t in such pain; instead she restrained herself.

In the time they talked Sachiko took to wringing out the makeshift rag, wetting it carefully once more. There was only so much water at the moment and his legs still needed tending to as well. She hoped Ginta and Hakkaku returned soon if only so someone would be able to go and get more just in case.

An awkward feeling washed over her when she gestured to his legs. She’d gotten used to the fact that three of them wore what amounted to fur kilts but having to tend to his legs now while Kōga wore something like that was a little embarrassing for her. All the same she didn’t want to risk not cleaning the burns there too.

“Think you can handle another being cleaned so soon?” she wondered, studying his expression and hoping her awkwardness wasn’t prevalent. Kōga was a proud one, he might very well bite back his pain for the sake of his pride.
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 7:30 pm

Garret didn't answer her question. Instead, he brushed it off as if she'd been seeing things. She was an observant sort. She saw a common theme, following that man. For what reason, however, she couldn't be sure.

She shrugged her shoulders in answer but said nothing more. If he was hiding something, she didn't have much right to pry. She was merely curious and wanted to know why they would be tailing such a person. 

The topic was brushed off for another time. In the future, she hoped that she was trusted enough to part with this information. Maybe then she could get some answers with all this secrecy floating about.

Instead, he focused on answering her other question. It was a simple answer at that, blunt, like many of the others had been. Ilana had come to expect that in a short time.

"I see," she replied, "I guess I can only wait."

There wasn't much she could do in those terms. If she was relying on him for such information, she'd merely have to be patient. Ilana could extend that for a time. She didn't care for all the secrecy however.

She shifted in her spot again, not to sure of what to go on about now. What she could have been talking about at home she couldn't mention here. It left her at a loss as to what to say to him if anything at all.

----| |x| |----

She concentrated on her work quietly. Kōga didn't interrupt, a little more afraid of making her cause a mistake than anything else. If he could save himself the pain, he would.

The surprise was still there long after he stated how quickly he healed. It eventually melted away however. She scoffed in good nature, easily brushing it off.

"It's good to be a demon sometimes," he teased in return, "Humans can't heal like we can."

When that bit of joking had gone aside, he watched her wet the rag again. For a moment, Sachiko looked awkward. A hum passed his lips at that. It didn't take him long to put the pieces together. She had asked about his legs shortly afterward.

"It might be for the best," he advised, "Fast as I heal, I don't want to deal with infection."

They were ill prepared. Kōga had been cocky and in some regard, he did blame himself for that behavior. The boar hadn't seemed like much of a threat. Instead, he'd been knocked down so easily.

"Don't worry about it," he tried to press in hopes to make her feel less awkward, "It's not like anyone's here to see or make stupid jokes."
Back to top Go down
Rekka Pop
Axton
Axton
Rekka Pop

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 9:16 pm

Ilana didn’t look too convinced about his answer though she didn’t question him further. Just as well, Garret would have stuck by his story despite her disbelief. He had no reason to cave under her suspicions when they’d only known each other less than two days. Besides, it wasn’t as if he’d harmed her or anything. Though she might be curious she had no reason to distrust him fully.

With the next answer he had to give she took it much easier. Perhaps she had only observed his patterns as they walked to guess at what he’d been doing. He didn’t let it faze him too much. For the time being there was no reason to create a big to-do about it.

“For the time being, yes,” he agreed.

Garret gestured towards the chair nearest to Ilana, offering her a seat. Like him, she’d been on her feet all day, trailing at his side. Surely her feet might be sore, those shoes of hers odd ones. They were the only clothing he’d been unable to replace for her. At least no one had noticed, or if they had they hadn’t caused a fuss about the oddness of their appearance.

“Come, there’s no need to worry about such things at the moment,” Garret noted. “Take the time to relax a bit.”

As he said this Garret did just that, sitting on one of the other chairs in the room. There were only three and one of them looked worse for wear. It was what was to be expected in an inn of this sort though Garret did not mind. He couldn’t say if Ilana did or not, however.

Perhaps she might be more talkative tonight though Garret didn’t expect such things. She was still quite the fish out of water here and no doubt her head still spun with worries and thoughts she had no answers to. He hoped in time she might become more relaxed.

----[x]----

Despite the pain he must have been in Kōga was quick to tease her about the fact that she couldn’t heal nearly as quickly as he could. Sachiko shot him a look though she was silently grateful for that fact. Burns like these would have been difficult enough in her time but when there were things like that boar monster running around? Kōga was the strongest of the group as it was.

It wasn’t until she took to changing the subject, ready to clean the rest of his wounds, did the conversation strike back up however. For a second Kōga looked confused before Sachiko had gestured to his legs. The awkward feeling that had washed over her must have been apparent on her face in some way for Kōga was quick to comment on and even tease her about it.

At least, it sounded like it was teasing to her.

Her face grew hot at that and she was grateful that her hair was long enough to hide behind. “D-don’t go saying things like that!” she scolded, trying to save face.

For all she knew that might’ve been because she’d given him something to focus on instead of the burns. Sachiko tried not to dwell on that too much. Instead she took to the task, well aware that putting it off might just cause Kōga to tease her further. If nothing else he did have a point; if Ginta and Hakkaku had been here it would have been more embarrassing.

All the same, she dabbed gingerly at the burns on his legs, just as carefully as she had to the one on his arm. Eventually, Sachiko spoke again, if only to try to ignore the awkward feeling that had yet to leave.

“Still holding up all right?”
Back to top Go down
Manic
Zer0
Zer0
Manic

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 12:01 am

Garret didn't say much in regards of her previous question. For now, she'd leave matter lay where they needed to be. If there was a time he brought it up again, he would.

For a short time, they merely sat in silence. She was at a loss for conversation, not really sure what direction it could go in. She found she wasn't certain what to do with herself either. During evenings, she'd spend time on her own, passing time with the computer or playing a video game. Here, those things didn't exist.

Sometime after, Garret was motioning her to sit at the table with him. There wasn't much room in the place but there was enough. She supposed there wasn't a point in denying the offer. Pushing herself up from the bed, she tugged at a chair and sat down in the rickety chair. She shifted a little, feeling a tad uncomfortable.

"So...what do you do in the evenings to pass time?" she asked. Maybe a few ideas from him would bring her some suggestions. It wasn't as if she had many of her own.

----| |x| |----

If she was sore about their difference, she didn't much mention it. She shot him a look but nothing more. Kōga still grinned a little despite that. It was nothing that shook him really.

It was clear that she was embarrassed by what he said. Kōga  didn't much get it. He was a pretty blunt person however. For her, she could be a little more modest.

"Hey, it wasn't like you weren't thinking it before," he pointed out afterward, "You looked like you didn't want to ask before!"

Even if she embarrassed and argued, she gingerly started to work at his legs. He sucked in a painful breath. There wasn't much he could do about it. The pain would subside in time.

There was still some awkwardness in her voice when she asked how he was holding up. Kōga waved her off easily. He had dealt with worse.

"I'm alright," he replied, "It'll be fine. The pain will lessen given a day or two."

The cleaning would help. He wouldn't have to worry about any infection. One less thing to worry about with some time. Now he just had to sit, relax, and heal up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]   [InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[InuYasha/AC] Time After Time [1 - on - 1]
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next